July Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

July Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the July 2023 Press Release!
It has been another incredibly busy month at SADOC however the month started out like any other. We were called to assist in multiple CERT situations in the city, trying to retrieve multiple stolen LEO vehicles and even a few shootouts.
We were also given the opportunity to take over LSSD DPB's Parole and have been very hard at work behind the scenes to ensure that SADOC Parole is up to Governors standards before opening it to perspective parolees. There will be a press release on this in the future however we feel that due to our experience with the FRD program, we have the structure and capabilities to make Parole great.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month July 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My memorable achievements from my service so far is meeting such friendly great collegues that really have helped me along my journey and becoming the officer I am today. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the groundskeeping division which is where i find my skills can really help everybody working at DOC.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My current goal in SADOC is to move forward within groundskeeping as I would love to move up to groundskeeping command.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
I would definatly reccomend anyone to join SADOC because every shift is different and there is always an exciting challange. Also It feels so easy to work here due to all of the staff being so friendly and helpful.

Divisional Spotlight - Groundskeeping

• What is Groundskeeping?
    The Groundskeeping Division is responsible for ensuring the upkeep, maintenance, and integrity of the Department of Corrections and its grounds. The continued upkeep of the Department of Corrections is essential in ensuring that the day-to-day functions continue to run smoothly, whilst also maintaining a safe environment for Officers and inmates alike.

Groundskeeping is a varied task at the Department of Corrections and some days may entail repairing doors, cracked walls, and blown power sockets, but it can also range to other less thought of activities such as cutting the grass, computer systems maintenance, and even basic cleaning duties. Every task undertaken by Groundskeeping is meaningful in keeping the facilities to the highest standard possible.

Our Groundskeepers progress through the division and acquire a large depth of knowledge in upkeep. Ensuring the Department of Corrections is in tip-top shape, indirectly contributes to the state by ensuring the continuance of a government department but also at times, the specialities of the division are called upon to assist the state directly. On occasion, the Groundskeeping Division has been called on to help repair key infrastructure areas across the state in times of emergency and is a testament to the utility and expertise of our Groundskeeping Correctional Officers.

Cutting grass with a full 4 horsepower!

What Tools Do Groundskeeping Have?
    The varied nature of the work that the Groundskeeping Division undertakes means they have access to a host of different tools and vehicles. The division has its own groundskeeping shed with a smorgasbord of tools and handheld equipment that can be utilised to undertake their duties. Some of the most important equipment contained by the Groundskeepers is their safety equipment, which is essential in keeping our Officers protected at all times when undertaking their duties.

Groundskeeping Correctional Officers can at times take advantage of some of the common vehicles available to most officers, such as the CaraCara, but they also host a small but important arsenal of specialized vehicles to help with their duties; a Lawnmower, Tractor, and a Cherry Picker. Each of these vehicles have a specific utilization and are used effectively to assist in duties by the Groundskeeping team.

Look at those perfectly pruned trees!

Message From The Head Groundskeeper of Groundskeeping
    Captain Rock Paz wrote:
    Greetings everybody!! My name is Captain Rock Paz, and I am the Head of Grounds keeping for the SADOC here coming at ya!

When I think of our division, I feel it is one of great importance to the SADOC for many reasons. Not only for the Grounds keeping work itself done to make sure the grounds are upkept, but because it also provides a home to a lot of newer Officers to learn from, and grow, as it is one of the divisions that you are able to join early in your career at CO1, and you can gain experience with different vehicles, and facilities right away.

The current Command team, made up of Galileo, Gavin, and Alex, has been crucial in leading our division to greater heights as we take on more difficult tasks, and gain other Grounds keeping Officers to add to our team. They work everyday on guiding, and mentoring everyone on ways to become great Officers like themselves!

Thank you for having me! I will exit my spotlight with you all today, with a quote that I am reminded of when I think about Grounds keeping:

"..Mankind knew that they cannot change society.. so instead of reflecting on themselves.. they blamed the beasts.."
Public Tours

Tour DOC!

If you are an employee of another government agency or are a member of the public, then you have the opportunity to take a tour of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and learn more about what goes on in the prison!
Glorious SADOC!
A tour can be a great way to find out some more information if you are considering applying to the Department of Corrections, or even if you are one of our interdepartmental colleagues who wish to find out more about our department. We even allow groups to participate in a tour of the facility, provided each member of the group has signed the application form, and they meet the requirements.

Once your application has been accepted, then you can head over to the Department of Corrections, where one of the members of our Public Relations Division will guide you on your tour around the facility.

A full list of requirements and restrictions, as well as how to sign up, can be found *HERE*.
Inmate of the Month

Kira Vaeseri

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • Protests do not bring about change, but high calibre people do, and The Underground will continue to push resistance, until PD respects our existence.

• What's your favourite thing about DOC?
    • DOC is my home away from home, it's a safe haven away from the corruption of the LSPD.

• What's your least favourite thing?
    • Lockdown, lockdowns are a 0/10 time. Kourtney please do away with lockdowns.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • I feel that all of Underground should get at least one pass for stomping out a fellow inmate that deserves the smoke.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • Simply free everyone, and then maybe use the DOC TARV's to convoy and bring the fight to Mission Row.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • DOC is a continuous reminder of Tadd Vaeseri. I miss my best friend everyday, but his memory lives on within the DOC.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • As a proud member of The Underground, we fight for freedom of the people against LEO's at whatever means possible. I'll continue to take the fight against the LSPD so long as I live, even if that lands me in DOC.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • The Underground are here to stay, and systemic corruption will continue to be the enemy. Per my last Inmate of the Month interview, LSPD can still catch these hands.

Correctional Custodian Officers
Love SADOC but don't want to work with inmates? We are now hiring staff to assist around the prison in custodial work! These are jobs such as groundskeeping, medical work, working the front desk or any other miscellaneous tasks around the prison! You can also join various divsions such as Public Relations or the Felon Reformation Division with no hour requirement.
The program has been in place around 4 months now but we have recently reopened after a temporary suspension.
You can find CCO applications here!
Correctional Officer Spotlight

• Correctional Officer III Alex Boost - #962
      This month, we selected Correctional Officer III Alex Boost for our Correctional Officer Spotlight. Alex has been with us for about two months now and has truly exemplified excellence in the work he has done.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
      I would think that my most memorable thing would be when I conducted my first training, it was the transport training.
      Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
      I see myself being a SCO officer in DOC, hoping that I'll be in HR.
      What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
      Favourite thing would be me training other officers to be the best officers in DOC
    SADOC CERT

SADOC CERT Deployed to the City

• CERT Officers Collaborate with SD in Successful City Retake Mission

Due to the nature of this event, specific details of the situation and the response of SADOC CERT and other departments will not be included in this release and will remain confidential.

• Operative: Randy Lee
      • Operative: Nathaniel Ford
      • Operative: Remmi Raccoon
      • Operative: Kopi Raccoon
      • Operative: Rose Mikasa

Los Santos, - In a remarkable joint effort, the Crisis Emergency Response Team (CERT) collaborated with the local law enforcement agency, the Sheiff Department (SD), to successfully reclaim the city from a local gang “The Underground”, which took place on 07/11/23 involved dedicated CERT officers and SD personnel working seamlessly together to restore order and ensure the safety of the citizens.

CERT officers Randy Lee, Nathaniel Ford, Remmi Raccoon, Kopi Raccoon, Rose Mikasa, and Kourtney Lafleur, operating under the rank of Operator, played pivotal roles in the operation. The team deployed a range of weapons, including the .50 caliber pistol , MRK 2 Shotgun, and 9mm SMG, to apprehend the offenders and maintain public safety.

The situation unfolded as follows:

In response to a desperate call for assistance from SD, CERT officers sprang into action. With a clear mission to reclaim a stolen SD Tactical Armored Rescue Vehicle (TARV) and Scout, the team promptly mobilized. Using their expertise, CERT officers deployed three Kamachos and headed towards the Police impound, where the stolen vehicles were last seen.

Once on-site, CERT officers faced off against the notorious underground figure, Wolfgang, who was lured by an ingenious car alarm tactic. Engaging in a high-speed pursuit, CERT officer Remmi Raccoon skillfully forced the stolen scout to come to a halt, leading to the successful apprehension of two individuals involved.
      The determination of the CERT team did not end there. After returning to DOC (Department of Corrections), CERT officers, in collaboration with SD, continued their relentless pursuit of TARV. Their intuition proved correct when they headed north to Bayview, and with exceptional tactical driving skills, they successfully apprehended Melody Frey and her two accomplices, all connected to the underground faction.

Subsequently, CERT officers brought the three apprehended individuals to DOC, and the situation was swiftly handled and designated as "Code 10-99."

The joint effort of CERT and SD showcases the effectiveness of collaboration between law enforcement agencies in addressing complex situations. The successful retaking of the city reflects the commitment of our dedicated officers to maintain peace and security in our community.

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Sheriff's Investigations Bureau
      "A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

• Usually, my shift is early mornings which is mostly quiet and peaceful. However, Friday the 14th was different as I clocked on duty and heard Sergeant Cliff Derringer calling me to assist in a J-TAC situation regarding a mass gang activity in the city. The loss of multiple units and their cruisers was reported earlier (including SED Tarvs).

I quickly grabbed my gear and headed to Davis Station which was our initial rally point. Once I arrived, I witnessed SADOC CERT units being present, providing us with decent numbers and heavy weaponry. Honestly, I felt relieved when I saw how ready CERT units are to roll into action.

There were apparently two gang hot spots, the Pier and Burgershot. Going undercover, first I scouted the area, ensured it was all safe and secure and then I found the two stolen cruisers. Meanwhile, other units found the SED Tarv which was on the loose and it was force stopped with the help of a CERT Tarv. All stolen cruisers were retrieved and sent back to our garage for further inspections and 5 suspects were put behind bars.

All in all, we managed to safely secure the cruisers and arrest our suspects, and it's safe to say this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for DOC and their specialized units. I would like to use this opportunity and thank every CERT unit that helped us even the odds, you guys rock!

• Regards,
        Lieutenant Dante Archer
        Assistant Commanding Officer, Major Crimes Division.
        Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Employee Adjustments
    • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
      • #708 Mia Adams
      • #891 Jack Goodnight
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
      • #961 Remmi Raccoon
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #954 Nathaniel Ford
      • #970 Alex Boost
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
      • #985 Paul Mills
      • #977 Joselynn Trejos
      • #979 Robert Pacer
      • #984 Hank Skillen
      • #975 Bradley Coot
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
      • #988 Giuseppe Mills
      • #987 Luca Mills
      • #992 Grant Adams

• REINSTATEMENTS
      This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
    • ImageSenior Correctional Officer
      • #912 Jemma Smith
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #733 Gavin Sands
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer II
      • #778 Lukas Flory
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
      • #897 Chris Henbane

• TRANSFERS
      This month we welcomed some Transfers from the Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos County Sheriffs Department and other Prisons Far and wide!
    • ImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #994 Scott Pierce (Transferred from the LSSD)
    Employee Count
    • SADOC Officer Count
      High Command | 5 | 7.94%
      Warden | 1 | 1.59%
      Deputy Warden | 3 | 4.76%
      Assistant Warden | 1 | 1.59%
      Command | 2 | 3.17%
      Commander | 1 | 1.59%
      Captain | 1 | 1.59%
      Supervisors | 11 | 17.46%
      Lieutenant | 3 | 4.76%
      Sergeant | 4 | 6.35%
      Corporal | 4 | 6.35%

• General Staff | 38 | 60.32%
      Senior Correctional Officer | 5 | 7.94%
      Correctional Officer III | 8 | 12.70%
      Correctional Officer II | 7 | 11.11%
      Correctional Officer I | 7 | 11.11%
      Correctional Trainees | 11 | 17.46%
      OTHER | 7 | 11.11%
      Correctional Custodian Officers | 6 | 9.52%
      Law Consultants | 1 | 1.59%
    Phone Calls
        When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
        Recruitment Status
        Recruitment
         ! Message from: Human Resources Command
        Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
          • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
        • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
          • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
        • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
        • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
        • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
          • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
        • Additional Requirements:
          • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
          • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
          • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
          • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
        Closing Message from the Warden
        And that ends our July Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
        July has been an amazing month at SADOC, having finally reached the amazing Badge #1000 as well as obtaining the Parole Program.
        We have a lot of hard work ahead of us with Parole and other new things that are in progress behind the scenes that we can't wait to reveal.
        I have a special press release written to celebrate our #1000 milestone that should be out this weekend so stay tuned!

Kourtney Lafleur
        Warden
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
        Sergeant, Head of Public Relations
        [email protected]

Remmi Raccoon
          Senior Correctional Officer, Assistant Head of Public Relations