[Press Release] Welcoming Assistant Sheriff Ian Walter

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

[Press Release] Welcoming Assistant Sheriff Ian Walter

Post by Amelia Clark »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
May 4th, 2024
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

• Welcoming Assistant Sheriff Ian Walter
    -
  • On Saturday the 4th of May 2024, the Los Santos Sheriff's Department welcomed Commander Ian Walter to his new assignment as the new Assistant Sheriff of Administrative Operations.

Ian Walter graduated from the LSSD Academy in the middle of March 2021. During his tenure with the department, he has proven to be a hard-working and dedicated employee, dedicated to administrative services and the divisions within. He has held leadership positions within the Recruitment and Employment Division, Field Training Division, and the Supervisor Training Division, developing them to an operational standard.

We are excited to see how Administrative Operations will be developed under the supervision of Assistant Sheriff Ian Walter and we wish him the best on his new assignment.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    It brings me immense pleasure to announce the approval of Commander Walter's promotion to Assistant Sheriff. Throughout his tenure, his exemplary work ethic has consistently stood out. He has demonstrated unwavering dedication to our administrative functions, collaborating seamlessly with former Assistant Sheriff Jeys to enhance our capabilities. With his distinctive personality, ambition, and forward-thinking approach, I am confident that he will make significant contributions to our Administrative Operations.

In addition to his administrative prowess, Assistant Sheriff Walter possesses extensive experience in the field, excelling not only as a patrol deputy but also in various specialized divisions.

Congratulations once again, Walter. I have every confidence in your ability to excel in your new role.

• Assistant Sheriff Ian Walter
    I am truly humbled and honored to receive this great honor and opportunity to tackle the challenges that lie ahead as an Assistant Sheriff of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. As I embark on this new journey, I am filled with both excitement and a humbling and profound sense of responsibility at the big shoes I have been left to fill and I am cognizant of the challenges that lie ahead. I am determined to honor the trust that has been placed in me and I am eager to get started.

I want to express my deepest gratitude to Sheriff Bobby Kirk and the rest of executive staff team for this recognition and for believing in me to carry on this monumental task. Their trust and confidence means the world to me. I also want to thank outgoing Assistant Sheriff Jeys for his support, guidance, mentorship, and most importantly, friendship during the past three years -- just over 3 years ago, I entered the doors as a Deputy Sheriff Trainee with (then) Commander Jeys leading the academy. As I progressed through the ranks of the department, retired Assistant Sheriff Jeys and I formed a formidable bond, and through his leadership, I feel I am prepared to embark on this new role. I also want to thank the numerous men and women of this Department who have served alongside me over the past few years, both past and present. Without them, I would not be where I am today.
###
  • For Information, Contact:

Lieutenant Amelia Clark
    Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark
Patrol Commander, North Patrol Division
Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division