September 2023 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

September 2023 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the September 2023 SADOC Press Release!
Summer has finally ended and with that the cellblock became a quieter place, or at least we hoped it did. The last month has been incredibly busy at DOC with lots of interesting and difficult challenges to face.
We have also seen a lot of new employees join the SADOC which has been great, we always love to see smiling new faces.
The re-introduction of Lifeinvader has also given the PR team some more fun to do.
We hope you enjoy reading this months press release!
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month September 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
So far I would say making an impact on people's time at DOC, both for fellow guards and inmates.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I would like to learn more in the divisions that I am apart of so that I can further assist my community.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?

Communication goes a long way. Talking and treating each inmate like a human being earns a lot of respect with most of them. But you also need to know when to be stern.

Divisional Spotlight - Human Resources
S.A.D.O.C. Human Resources plays a pivotal role within the San Andreas Department of Correction, overseeing various aspects of employee management. They are responsible for recruitment, training, and career development, ensuring the department's personnel are well-prepared and supported in their roles. Notable achievements include introducing new ranks and opportunities, such as the Correctional Custodian rank, which has expanded the department's day-to-day operations. HR's dedication and innovation, including the implementation of the CCO, have contributed significantly to the department's success.

We asked Deputy Warden Katie Schneider and Captain Julia Whitehorse about the exciting world of HR and they took time out their busy day and gave us a glimpse "Behind The Curtain"
  • What Does HR do on a normal workday?
  • Human Resources division is one of the core divisions of the San Andreas Department of Correction. The division follows the employees from recruitment, performing some of their training, and keeps tracking of their development during their career.

What Drew you two to HR?
  • We believe the amount of paperwork and responsibilities the Human Resources division offers made both of us shine and love the division. It offered us the possibility and ability to be effective and apply so many things into the department to give it all of our love and attention.

How Long have you been in the division?
  • Deputy Warden Katies Schneider, the head of the Human Resources division, started on the 28th of June 2021. From that point, she worked on the division with all its members until she became the head of the division on the 01st of September 2021. As for the Assistant Head of Human Resources, Captain Julia Whitehorse, she joined the division on the 16th of December 2022, worked alongside the best, and learned from everyone around until being appointed assistant head of the division on the 13th of February 2023.

What are some changes you have put into place to affect DOC Day-To-Day?
  • The Human Resources division has a major effect on the day-to-day duties, as it takes care of the majority of the procedures and the way they get done. One of the most noticeable changes was the introduction of the Correctional Custodian rank, which offered civilians the opportunity to join the department and gave the department the opportunity to have new types of day-to-day activity.

What has been the most exciting thing to happen within HR during your period with the division?
  • The most exciting thing that happened within HR was probably when we implemented the CCO. That day, we remember it was so great to see the fruit of nights of work and preparation. It was such an amazing feeling to see everyone so excited about it, not only DOC employees but also civilians, as it created such a great opportunity for them.

What words of wisdom would you pass along to all new Officers at DOC?
  • Welcome to the Family of the best D. We look forward to seeing you shine and be at your best.

How does one apply to work at the DOC?
  • The process of joining the San Andreas Department Of Correction is a simple process to follow. After checking the Recruitment Section within the public section of the SADOC on the government website, the applicant should fill out a written application and submit it. After that, the application will be reviewed and checked by a member of Human Resources. Once the application passes the first step, the applicant has to go through an interview and, in the end, an academy.
We hope you've enjoyed this exclusive glimpse into the inner workings of the San Andreas Department of Correction (S.A.D.O.C.). Our Human Resources division, as highlighted in this feature, plays a vital role in ensuring that our department operates at the highest level of efficiency and professionalism!

Thank you Deputy Warden Katie Schneider and Captain Julia Whitehorse your time!

Public Tours

Tour DOC!

If you are an employee of another government agency or are a member of the public, then you have the opportunity to take a tour of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and learn more about what goes on in the prison!
Glorious SADOC!
A tour can be a great way to find out some more information if you are considering applying to the Department of Corrections, or even if you are one of our interdepartmental colleagues who wish to find out more about our department. We even allow groups to participate in a tour of the facility, provided each member of the group has signed the application form, and they meet the requirements.

Once your application has been accepted, then you can head over to the Department of Corrections, where one of the members of our Public Relations Division will guide you on your tour around the facility.

A full list of requirements and restrictions, as well as how to sign up, can be found *HERE*.
Inmate of the Month

Adam Reyes

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • Its the only life I know, I got to thug to live.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • Making LSPD Mateusz Kowalski cry.

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • The guards who keep me in lockdown for no reason.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • I would fire Alex Pedolski.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • I would remove all doors.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • Nah, I'm a bum. No one cares about Adam.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • Because Mateusz Kowalski is out to get me

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • I am misunderstood. If you get to know me, I am a great human.

Correctional Custodian Officers
Love SADOC but don't want to work with inmates? We are now hiring staff to assist around the prison in custodial work! These are jobs such as groundskeeping, medical work, working the front desk or any other miscellaneous tasks around the prison! You can also join various divsions such as Public Relations or the Felon Reformation Division with no hour requirement.
The program has been in place around 4 months now but we have recently reopened after a temporary suspension.
You can find CCO applications here!
Correctional Officer Spotlight
    This month, we selected Correctional Officer III Hank Skillen for our Correctional Officer Spotlight.

• What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
        As an individual, my most memorable moment was achieving the rank of supervisor within the Human Resources division. After numerous months of dedication, hard work, and training, I was thoroughly satisfied to see my efforts noticed and subsequently awarded.
        Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
        I would like to see myself as a supervisor within the next 3 months, hopefully as a Corporal.
        What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
        Personally, being in the Human Resources division is an unparalleled experience for me. Hiring and training new staff to a rank where they can conduct their departmental duties is my favorite aspect. When I see newer members of staff flourishing after conducting their recruitment process, it serves as a reminder to myself about the difference I and my team make.
      Employee Adjustments
      • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
        • #961 Remmi Raccoon
      • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
        • #975 Bradley Coot
        • #979 Robert Pacer
        • #909 Blinky Williams
      • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
        • #863 Lucy Fox
        • #910 Massimo Mascardotti
        • #984 Hank Skillen
      • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
        • #1006 Frank Peters
        • #881 Chris Whittle
        • #1019 Vito Saint
        • #1015 Anthony Jray
      • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
        • #1020 Billy Conner
        • #1000 Jesse Carson
        • #1010 Kayla Wynn
        • #1018 Timothy Warden
        • #1027 Billy Meener
        • #1024 Lola Kalashnikov
        • #1017 Mike Russel
        • #1025 Leo Gromer
        • #1034 Amelia Fernandez

• REINSTATEMENTS
        This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
      • ImageSergeant
        • #925 Gina Willow
      • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorporal
        • #629 Fareed Sheikh
      • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
        • #889 Tony Vicenzo
        • #920 Luke Cortez

• TRANSFERS
        This month we welcomed some Transfers from the Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos County Sheriffs Department and other Prisons Far and wide!
      • ImageCorrectional Officer III
        • #1021 Jesse Crane (Prison Transfer)
      Employee Count
      • SADOC Officer Count
        High Command | 6 | 8.45%
        Warden | 1 | 1.41%
        Deputy Warden | 3 | 4.23%
        Assistant Warden | 2 | 2.82%
        Command | 4 | 5.63%
        Commander | 1 | 1.41%
        Captain | 3 | 4.23%
        Supervisors | 7 | 9.86%
        Lieutenant | 0 | 0.00%
        Sergeant | 4 | 5.63%
        Corporal | 3 | 4.23%

• General Staff | 51 | 71.84%
        Senior Correctional Officer | 5 | 7.04%
        Correctional Officer III | 8 | 11.27%
        Correctional Officer II | 11 | 15.49%
        Correctional Officer I | 11 | 15.49%
        Correctional Trainees | 16 | 22.54%
        OTHER | 3 | 4.23%
        Correctional Custodian Officers | 2 | 2.82%
        Law Consultants | 1 | 1.41%
      Phone Calls
          When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
          Recruitment Status
          Recruitment
           ! Message from: Human Resources Command
          Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
            • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
          • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
            • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
          • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
          • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
          • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
            • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
          • Additional Requirements:
            • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
            • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
            • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
            • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
          Closing Message from the Warden
          And that ends our September Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
          We hope you all had a wonderful summer and had time to clock off duty to enjoy the summer sunshine.
          Although it has been a drama filled month between a lot of Government departments we have decided to stay fully neutral in the matter to avoid any unnecessary conflict.
          Also be sure to check out our Lifeinvader page, we'll be keeping it very updated with information and news.
          Kourtney LaFleur
          Warden
          San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
            Sergeant, Head of Public Relations
            [email protected]

Remmi Raccoon
              Corporal, Assistant Head of Public Relations