August 2023 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

August 2023 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the August 2023 Press Release!
It has been a relatively calm month at Bolingbroke where we have taken time to reflect on the past, especially after hitting the #1000th badge number recently. Both our High Command and Command team have grown the past month with some amazing people.
At the start of the Month we held our first on the spot recruitment event that went super well, where we hired over 10 employees. We are looking to do this event again in the coming months as well as a standard recruitment event to show off the department.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month August 2023

Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I've been a member of the San Andreas Department of Corrections for a little under 3 months, in that time I've accomplished so many different things it's hard to pick one. To be honest, I can't pick just one, I have to pick two. The 2 most memorable achievements I have since joining SADOC is becoming a member of the Human Resources Command Team and getting myself enrolled in the Supervisor Training Program.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Moving forward my next goals are to take the next step and become a member of the Supervisor Team at SADOC, and then take the next step in some of my divisions and become a member of their respective divisonal command teams or even become the head of them.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
The best pieces of advice I could give someone who's joining SADOC is to pace yourself and focus on making friends with your co-workers. You should spend your time making friends with your co-workers as you'll find the job more fun and it'll encourage you to keep clocking on every day and doing the work, and like any job you should pace yourself so you don't find yourself getting burnt out. I hope anyone who decides to join SADOC takes these pieces of advice and use them because they've helped me get to where I am today.

Divisional Spotlight - Correctional Investigations Division

• What Is Correctional Investigations?
    The Correctional Investigations Division is essential in upholding the integrity of the Department of Corrections, as well as its transparency. The goal of the division is to handle all matters relating to investigations within the Department of Corrections, which includes complaints made against employees of the Department of Corrections, and investigations relating to any potential security concerns or breaches.

The Department of Corrections holds all of its officers to an exceptionally high standard, but should any individual ever feel that this standard is not being met, then the Correctional Investigations Division is there to process any and all complaints made, in a thorough and impartial manner. The Department of Corrections, serves the State of San Andreas above all else and believes its crucial to have an efficient and easy to submit process for handling complaints, so that we can continue to do so in a manner that the public trusts, and in which we ensure that meticulous investigation can and will occur.

The Correctional Investigations Division is largely split into two branches; the Investigations branch, and the Internal Affairs branch. The Investigations branch may be lesser known than the Internal Affairs branch but is equally important as it helps keep our Bolingbroke facility secure by providing essential investigation services to situations that require it, regardless if it is a possible hostage situation in which the events leading to which must be investigation, or an investigation into how an individual may have smuggled in a piece of contraband. The separation of the branches however does not mean they do not work together, as both branches will handle more serious matters, should it be required, and shows the versatility in having such a division within the Department of Corrections.

The Ever Integral DOC!

Who Can Join The Division?
    The Correctional Investigation Division handles sensitive matters and therefore restrictions do apply on the officers that can apply to be part of the division, to ensure that our high standard is continually held. The Investigations branch allows only the most experienced of officers to apply, whilst the Internal Affairs branch allows only supervisors and upwards to join. In both of the branches, the potential applicant must be recommended by command members of the Correctional Investigations Division, and must have been clean from disciplinary actions for a considerable period of time.

The commitment in ensuring the most professional of individuals are the only ones eligible to the Correctional Investigation Division, means we continue to ensure that our departments' integrity is upheld and is another tool in the toolbox of keeping our rigorous processes from faltering.

Message From The Head of Correctional Investigations
    Deputy Warden Audrey Martin wrote:
    CID is responsible for all investigations inside the SADOC. The Internal Affairs side of CID handles reports, complaints and investigations against Correctional Officers. Internal Affairs is responsible for making sure everyone is following department rules, maintaining interdepartmental integrity and making sure everything runs smoothly at DOC. Both DOC employees as anyone from outside of the DOC is able to submit a case against an officer. The existence of Internal Affairs plays an important role within the department, as it ensures that issues and concerns can be brought up from multiple different sources. Each case will go through a multi-phase process where there will be worked towards a conclusion and a solution.
    The Investigations side of CID is responsible for looking further into security concerns/breaches, (attempted) prison breaks, presence of contraband in the cell block, crimes on the facility and much more. Its main goal is to find points of improvement both on the security and safety side of the DOC.
    Both Internal Affairs and Investigations are able to work together in certain cases if required.
Public Tours

Tour DOC!

If you are an employee of another government agency or are a member of the public, then you have the opportunity to take a tour of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and learn more about what goes on in the prison!
Glorious SADOC!
A tour can be a great way to find out some more information if you are considering applying to the Department of Corrections, or even if you are one of our interdepartmental colleagues who wish to find out more about our department. We even allow groups to participate in a tour of the facility, provided each member of the group has signed the application form, and they meet the requirements.

Once your application has been accepted, then you can head over to the Department of Corrections, where one of the members of our Public Relations Division will guide you on your tour around the facility.

A full list of requirements and restrictions, as well as how to sign up, can be found *HERE*.
Inmate of the Month

James Mills

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • Cause I'm in a gang, it's like part of it, also I just like to shoot people and make money easily.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • Making Money

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • Being put in solitary for 5 years.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • What makes you stay in a cell for the whole of your sentence, cause I did the bell noise and got put in a cell my whole sentence.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • Make it so only certain people can decide who gets put in a cell for their whole sentence, like the top ones and Paul and I could never be put in a cell.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • Probably just being with the gang, they are like family.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • Its just wrong place wrong time.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • Stay in jail and fuck the geezer with the brown cowboy hat.

Correctional Custodian Officers
Love SADOC but don't want to work with inmates? We are now hiring staff to assist around the prison in custodial work! These are jobs such as groundskeeping, medical work, working the front desk or any other miscellaneous tasks around the prison! You can also join various divsions such as Public Relations or the Felon Reformation Division with no hour requirement.
The program has been in place around 4 months now but we have recently reopened after a temporary suspension.
You can find CCO applications here!
Correctional Officer Spotlight

• Senior Correctional Officer Gavin Sands - #733
      This month, we selected Senior Correctional Officer Gavin Sands for our Correctional Officer Spotlight.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
      my most memorable moment while serving as a DOC officer has to be all the funny moments while serving. The prison can be a very hostile area, and the funny memories help lighten the mood.
      Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
      In 3 months time i see myself coming back from my LOA and finishing SIT.
      What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
      My favorite thing about being a CO is helping people when they need it.
    Employee Adjustments
    • ImageCommanderImageAssistant Warden
      • #738 Maximillian Speed
    • ImageCaptainImageCommander
      • #771 Rock Paz
    • ImageLieutenantImageCaptain
      • #838 Jimmithy Jemima
      • #835 Galileo Czapiewski
      • #888 Julia Whitehorse
    • ImageCorporalImageSergeant
      • #930 Alex Pedolski
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
      • #954 Nathaniel Ford
      • #976 Rose Mikasa
      • #733 Gavin Sands
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #979 Robert Pacer
      • #977 Joselynn Trejos
      • #778 Lukas Flory
      • #975 Bradley Coot
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
      • #929 Jerry Brooks
      • #981 Miles Hansen
      • #983 Nicole Goodnight
      • #887 Chris Henbane
      • #987 Luca Mills
      • #985 Paul Mills
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
      • #998 Fred Roberts
      • #1003 David Ortiz
      • #1002 James Ortiz
      • #585 Charlie Mconally
      • #1006 Frank Peters
    • ImageCorrectional Custodian OfficerImageCorrectional Trainee
      • #1005 Emina Christine

• REINSTATEMENTS
      This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #908 Astra Amistoso
      • #909 Blinky Williams
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer II
      • #863 Lucy Fox
      • #910 Massimo Mascardotti
      • #913 Norman Boreman
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
      • #881 Chris Whittle

• TRANSFERS
      This month we welcomed some Transfers from the Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos County Sheriffs Department and other Prisons Far and wide!
    • ImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #1009 Mark Bloomfield (Transferred from the LSPD)
    • ImageCorrectional Officer II
      • #999 Darren Shaw (Transferred from the LSPD)
    Employee Count
    • SADOC Officer Count
      High Command | 6 | 9.23%
      Warden | 1 | 1.54%
      Deputy Warden | 3 | 4.62%
      Assistant Warden | 2 | 3.08%
      Command | 4 | 6.15%
      Commander | 1 | 1.54%
      Captain | 3 | 4.62%
      Supervisors | 4 | 6.15%
      Lieutenant | 0 | 0.00%
      Sergeant | 3 | 4.62%
      Corporal | 1 | 1.54%

• General Staff | 37 | 73.31%
      Senior Correctional Officer | 7 | 10.77%
      Correctional Officer III | 11 | 16.92%
      Correctional Officer II | 11 | 16.92%
      Correctional Officer I | 8 | 12.31%
      Correctional Trainees | 11 | 16.92%
      OTHER | 7 | 5.16%
      Correctional Custodian Officers | 3 | 4.62%
      Law Consultants | 1 | 1.54%
    Best D
    We would like to thank everyone that voted for us for best D. Especially the hundreds of inmates we asked to vote for us. We could not have done it without you.
    Phone Calls
        When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
        Recruitment Status
        Recruitment
         ! Message from: Human Resources Command
        Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
          • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
        • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
          • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
        • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
        • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
        • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
          • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
        • Additional Requirements:
          • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
          • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
          • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
          • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
        Closing Message from the Warden
        And that ends our August Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
        We hope you all had a wonderful summer and had time to clock off duty to enjoy the summer sunshine.
        Although it has been a drama filled month between a lot of Government departments we have decided to stay fully neutral in the matter to avoid any unnecessary conflict.
        Also be sure to check out our Lifeinvader page, we'll be keeping it very updated with information and news.
        Kourtney Lafleur
        Warden
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
        Lieutenant, Head of Public Relations
        [email protected]

Remmi Raccoon
          Corporal, Assistant Head of Public Relations