Farewell to a Faithful Agent

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Martin Haswell
Master Deputy
ECRP Forum Name: Homast

LSSD Awards

SAJB Awards

Farewell to a Faithful Agent

Post by Martin Haswell »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
Febuary 24th, 2022
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff John Wallace

• Farewell to a Faithful Agent
    -
  • On the afternoon of February 14th on perhaps the romantic day of the year, members of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department were taken aback by the sudden and unexpected resignation of a dear friend and worthy supervisor.

Senior Agent Toni Salatoni, Commanding Officer of the Detention and Parole Bureau, and Assisting Commanding Officer of the Air Support Division resigned leaving well wishes for the department, his friends, and his coworkers within.

Senior Agent Toni Salatoni made strides for the Detention and Parole Bureau, having been appointed the Commanding Officer of said Bureau and made attempts to refresh the division amidst the creation and launch of the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau. It was with great success he did this too, having recruited half a dozen new deputies from throughout the department, and lowering the barrier for entry, allowing it to become accessible sooner to those eager few.

We reached out to members of the department who could be considered perhaps the closest to the Senior Agent prior to his resignation.

In no specific order, here is what some of these individuals had to say about the Senior Agent :

Master Deputy Wiley Reno :
    "Senior Agent Salatoni was one of the hardest-working deputies in the department"
    "As the sole supervisor in the Detention and Parole Bureau he held the entirety of the responsibilities for bringing the division to a healthy place, and he executed his duties tremendously"
    "Senior Agent Salatoni was a very overworked soul and ensured that none of our daily operations were neglected, leading to what I believe was his unfortunate sudden resignation."
    "We will miss Senior Agent Salatoni dearly, but the impression on the Detention and Parole Bureau will not be forgotten, and the progress he made will be consequential to its development."
    Investigator Charlie Wilkinson :
    "Senior Agent Toni Salatoni has always been an inspirational figure for me"
    "( . . . ) he was always there during my career ( . . . ) I have always looked to follow into his footsteps."
    "Toni always had an open ear for all concerns, dealing with them in a swift, reasonable and sensible way"
    "[He put in an] unrivaled amount of work into the Detention and Parole Bureau as well as his other divisions and general duties"
    Lieutenant Luka Rosselli :
    "( . . . )he was a quiet yet friendly person who constantly impressed me with his work"
    "While we had completely different shifts and schedules, we managed to keep an extremely good work relationship"
    "He was always a motivated person that always jumped to help without being asked, and I for sure will miss working alongside him"
    We also reached out for comment from Senior Agent Salatoni himself, gathering a few words of his to share with the rest of you.

Senior Agent Toni Salatoni :

How long were you a member of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    "A year and one month or more? I've got my one-year service ribbon at home and I'm quite proud of it"

What was your most memorable moment within the department?
    "That's a tough one, most likely becoming an Agent S.I.T. (Supervisor In Training). Another one that comes close is becoming the head of the Detention and Parole Bureau."

How has life been since leaving the Sheriff's Department?
    "Not that good, very boring. I'm going to be taking a flight back home soon to visit some family soon enough. But otherwise, pretty bland"

What were the reasons behind leaving so abruptly when things seemed to have started to really kick off for you?
    "When I became CO of the DPB, I had a lot to change, and once I had gotten the changes made with the help of then Commander McCornish, I decided I needed a break, however, a simple LOA wouldn't have been appropriate in my opinion"

Do you have any plans for the future, should you decide to return to Los Santos?
    "I fully plan on reinstating. Once I see my family, and I'm back, that's what I'm doing."
    And with those words from the Former Senior Agent himself, those who will have had the pleasure of working with Toni Salatoni will be awaiting his return with eager anticipation and he will be welcomed back with nothing but the most sincerity.
###
  • For Information, Contact:

Corporal Martin Haswell
    (909) 568-9567 - [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”