Contact Information
Your Name: Eva Grey
Your Phone Number: 3038485
Your Position in Your Institution (if applicable): N/A
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 20/FEB/22 13:27
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

I am simply wondering why the LSPD explicitly and profoundly goes against statements made by the government into the enforcement of GC-06 - Face Concealment. Clearly described as this seems to have been an issue in the past through Press Release #33.

The following quotes are directly pulled from it.
The officer is within their lawful request to keep it off if there is not a reasonable use for the facial concealment but again should have probable cause or reasonable suspicion of an individual to request this.
In general, officers enforcing facial concealment laws should have probable cause or reason to request removal from an individual beyond the fact that they're simply wearing it. Should probable cause arise or the need to identify someone, OR if an individual is on government property, then the request to remove a mask can and should be made.
I have been berated by officers on and off of public, government and private property all to remove my mask "in compliance" with this law. I wear a mask for privacy reasons and judging by the enforcement of this law, there is rarely probable cause for what they are asking.
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Public Inquiry [Citizen]

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Los Santos Police Department

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello Ms. Eva Grey,

I hope this message finds you well. I first and foremost want to thank you for reaching out regarding your concerns with the enforcement of face concealment and the Commissioners’ Press Release that mentioned such. Unfortunately there seems to be many misconceptions regarding Press Release #33 and the enforcement of the penal code. This is clarified by a recent statement by Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez, head of the General Operations Bureau, in regards to a related inquiry:
    Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez wrote:We are, and always have been, enforcing per the penal code. There has been no change to internal policy and we will always follow the penal code as it is written and respect the subsections as shown. Should the Commissioners wish to modify the penal code, that is at their discretion and something we will respect as peace officers. We do not go against the law and will always respect the transparency of the penal code that all citizens in the state may view at their pleasure. Should any officer be seen to go against the penal code, please file an internal affairs report for a full investigation.
    Please know that every change contextually mentioned in Press Release #33 and transferred to the State of San Andreas Penal code will be enforced respectively. As it stands now, GC - 06 states that:
    State of San Andreas Penal Code wrote:(a) No individual, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, shall:
    (1) Be present on foot within public property, or property of the State of San Andreas.
    (2) Hold any manner of meeting or demonstration.

(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section are only a general citation if the face obstruction is not removed upon request by a Law Enforcement officer, and if not committed in relation to a crime, whereas then it shall apply to GM#20.
    Further subsections give exclusion for Halloween and related events, and enforcement for non-compliance.

I hope this is able to help clear up any questions regarding face concealment and our duty to abide by the penal code. If you would like further information regarding the penal code or this press release I urge that you reach out to the San Andreas Government offices.

To address your specific feelings of being berated by officers, if there are certain individuals who you believe are doing so, I urge you to file an Internal Affairs report so the matter can be looked into further, specifically in regards to your situation.

Thank you again for your inquiry. If you have any further questions or clarifications I will leave this thread open for 24 hours before archiving it.

• Warmest Regards
    Police Officer III Alex Schill
    Media Relations Liaison
    Community Relations Officer
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Eva Grey
ECRP Forum Name: AtlasOLimbo

Post by Eva Grey »

To reiterate, officers have still seen it fit to urge individuals to remove their mask on private property such as LSC/Bayview. While in any other case I would file an Internal Affairs report, the behaviour seems to be commonplace.
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello Ms. Eva Grey,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your followup. While I understand your concern I would encourage that if you see any officers you believe are involved in any misconduct that they be reported to the Internal Affairs Division for investigation.

If you would like further interpretation of the Penal Code, I would encourage you to reach out to the Judicial Branch for further clarification. I believe they would be able to provide you with further clarification.

Thank you again for your inquiry, if you have any other questions please let us know.

• Warmest Regards
    Police Officer III Alex Schill
    Media Relations Liaison
    Community Relations Officer
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”