#22-CM-0001, State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller

Harvey Keller
ECRP Forum Name: Harveyyy

#22-CM-0001, State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller

Post by Harvey Keller »

Defendants Name:Harvey Keller
Defendants Phone:3075957
Defendants Address:Richards Majestic Apt.
Requested Attorney: N/A
Department:
LSPD
Officer 1
Badge Number: 6520
Rank & Name: Captain Jason Steel

Officer 2
Badge Number: N/A
Rank & Name: Kevin Shard
Time & Date of Incident(s):1/FEB/2022 / Eclipse Blvd.
Charge(s) Being Appealed:Felony Evading | Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons | Possession of Illegal Modifications |
Narrative:
A lot of detective units were at the Hotel on Eclipse Blvd where my friends usually hang out. I approached the scene on my bike and saw officers taking pictures with my friends, everyone was chilling. Then one officer tells me to take my mask off or ill be arrested. I told him I'm driving a bike, I need to have my mask on, then I drove off. I circle back to the scene and see one officer (Kevin Shard) running towards me, once he got close to me, he mumbled something, then as I drove off, he tazes me and I get knocked off my bike. He then says "Failure to Comply" - The question is, comply to what? Why did I get tazed in the first place when I was just driving around and no officer had any right to arrest me or do anything, as I didn't even have unpaid tickets on me. Then Captain Steel comes to me and say "Felony Evasion" and then he called a unit to transport me to DOC. I got charged with Felony Evading when I didn't even commit the crime. I got charged with possession of an illegal firearm because there was a gun in my bike that I had no clue that it was there in the first place, as well as illegal modifications. The reason behind charging me with the gun charge was invalid as all of that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Their reasoning behind the arrest was INVALID. I was not given any lawful demands by the officers that would make this situation valid in the slightest.

As I felt this situation was unfair, I decided to file an IA report against Steel and Shard. The IA report was concluded yesterday and was denied. I will attach it here in the appeal. Saying "the alleged act(s) did occur but were fully justified, lawful, and proper." is just absurd. They are trying to justify the officer's misconduct and sticking facts on me that didn't even happen.

Additionally, they are saying that I was impeding traffic. This is simply not true. I parked my bike behind a cruiser that was parked on the sidewalk. How did I impede traffic if I was literally parked behind a cruiser that you had parked there? If anything, the officer who parked the cruiser there should be arrested for impeding traffic, if that's really their approach to how they see the situation.

Moreover, they're saying that I failed to identify myself when I approached the group. I simply don't have to, as you don't have a lawful reason to ask me for identification. I didn't commit any form of crime that would warrant this.

Lastly, til this point in time, I still don't understand why I was charged with Felony Evading, and other charges that shouldn't have been placed on me in the first place as this arrest was based on obvious misconduct that the Police Department deems valid. At NO POINT IN TIME I felony evaded nor was being pursued by officers. It's pretty obvious in their response that they completely disregarded the Felony Evading charge. Along with the absence of acknowledging what charges I'm trying to appeal, they came up with more invalid reasons to make my arrest look "valid".

Internal Affairs Report:
Phillipe Sanchez wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:56 pm Image
-
lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
Office of the Chief of Police
INTERNAL AFFAIRS GROUP
CASE DETAILS
  • Response Dated: 09/FEB/2022
    Case Identifier: #97801
    Case Disposition: Exonerated

Internal Investigators:
    • Deputy Chief of Police Phillipe Sanchez - Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Group
    • Captain Steve Smyth - Internal Investigator
CASE RESPONSE
  • Dear Mr Harvey Keller,

We are contacting you about an Internal Affairs report you submitted on 01/FEB/2022. The report is hereby concluded.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a formal employee complaint with the Los Santos Police Department Internal Affairs Group. Following a preliminary review of the formal complaint, an investigation was opened into the allegations that were made in the initial formal complaint. We have now reached the stage in the investigation where we believe the investigation to be complete.

Following the investigation into the allegations made in the initial written complaint, the Internal Affairs Group will be concluding this particular case with the disposition of exonerated, meaning that the alleged act(s) did occur but were fully justified, lawful, and proper.

Upon questioning of the officers involved, we have found the below to have been the rough chain of events which lead to your arrest.
    • You pulled up on your motorbike to a scene next to the hotel, which involved members of a criminal organization to which our investigations deem you to be a part of.
    • You were impeding traffic on the bike and were asked to move along by an officer, to which you replied with language which one could deem not very mature.
    • You then refused to identify when asked, and proceeded to drive away.
    • You circled around and began operating the motor vehicle on the sidewalk, at which point, the officers decided to place you under arrest.
    • You were approached and asked to get off your bike, and subsequently tazed as you attempted to accelerate away from the scene once again.
    At this time, while we appreciate your report, the claims seem completely unfounded and lack enough detail for us to assume your innocence. I would remind you that potential abuse of the internal affairs system would not be taken lightly by the department if repeated, but also would say that, if you still feel this response is incorrect, and you have more evidence to back your claims, such as body camera footage, then please feel free to appeal with that footage.

If you are unsatisfied with our response, you are entitled to appeal the result of a case to the Chief of Police.

• Sincerely,

Captain Steve Smyth
    Internal Investigator, Internal Affairs Group

Deputy Chief of Police Phillipe Sanchez
    Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Group

I, Harvey Keller, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))
Yuki Nakamura
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Re: Harvey Keller v. Police Department | Docket #

Post by Yuki Nakamura »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Harvey Keller v. Police Department | Docket #
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Good evening,

I am Attorney Yuki Nakamura and I will be offering my counsel to the appellant in this case. If there are no obstructions for this I will be liasoning with my client shortly and beginning preparations for the court.

Attorney Yuki Nakamura
    (909) 596-2948 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: Harvey Keller v. Police Department | Docket #

Post by Judith Mason »

Administrative Update

• To whom is may concern,

The San Andreas Judicial Branch has just undergone a major change to the court system and, as such, your case is being referred down to the Superior Court of San Andreas under the title State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller.

At this time, no action is required of you. Cases will still be activated in the same manner as they have been activated before and you will be notified when a response is required of you. More detailed information will be available in the coming hours in a post in the 'SAJB - Public Releases' section of this website.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]

Chief Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller

Post by Sai Modi »

Re: State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller

• Your Honor,

My name is Sai Modi and I will act as counsel on behalf of the State of San Andreas in this case. I am familiarizing myself with the case and will be reaching out to the the relevant parties to gather more information.

Respectfully,

Sai Modi
Prosecuting Attorney
Prosecution Divison

364-9436
► Show Spoiler
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re:#22-CM-0001, State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller

Post by Colt Daniels »

#22-CM-0001
Presiding Judge: Colt Daniels

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller
#22-CM-0001

A court order was entered in the above case on 15 March, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller, #22-CM-0001 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Chief Justice

Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0001, State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller

Post by Sai Modi »

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Colt Daniels,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0001
    Requesting Party: N/A
    Party Members: Sai Modi on behalf of the State of San Andreas
    Exhibit #1: LSPD Internal Affairs Submission from the defendant
    Type of Discovery: Document
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery
    • Phillipe Sanchez wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:59 pm Hi Sai,

Please find below the IA submission from Mr Keller.

Sanchez

----------------------

1. YOUR INFORMATION
      • FULL NAME: Harvey Keller
        PHONE: 3075957
        ADDRESS: Richard Majestic
        OTHER: N/A
      2. EMPLOYEE(S) DETAILS
      • FULL NAME: Jason Steel
        BADGE NUMBER: Not entirely sure, forgot his numbers.
        OTHER: He's bald.

FULL NAME: Kevin Shard
        BADGE NUMBER: Not sure.
        OTHER: I think his name is more than enough.

FULL NAME: Joseph Couch
        BADGE NUMBER: Not sure.
        OTHER: I think his name is more than enough.
      3. INCIDENT DETAILS
      • DATE OF THE INCIDENT: 1/Feb/2022
        TIME OF THE INCIDENT: It was around midnight.
        LOCATION OF THE INCIDENT: Eclipse Blvd. (He calls it "Royals HQ") When it's just a Public Hotel..

DESCRIPTION OF THE INCIDENT:
        • Answer (Please state your complaint, including names, times, locations, witnesses, and any other information that would help in investigating your complaint. If employee names are unknown, explain what each employee looked like.)

My friends were hanging out at a Hotel when I noticed a lot of detectives around them. I approach the scene and I see them taking pictures of each other. Everyone was chillin' and no one was being arrested. I was not given clear demands to get off the bike or anything of that nature. I drive away, but I keep close distance to the group, then I circle back and I see Shard running towards me, I was confused, then as I drive forward, I get tazed off my bike. Shard says "Failure to comply" - I'm sorry, but comply to what? Then Jason steel comes in and says "Felony Evading" - Bro what??? When did I evade, how did I evade when I wasn't even doing anything? I literally moved 2 ft. Forward and got tazed off my bike... I was charged with Felony Evading when I didn't evade, and possession charges. I'm not complaining about the possession charges, but Felony Evading???? I'm soooo confused. Why did I get tazed, why did I get charged with a felony?? Are these people a gang that is protected by the law?? They literally behave like a street gang, this is ridiculous. And after I was tazed off my bike, Couch immediately starts lock-picking it, without taking the keys off of me. He scratched up my expensive bike when he could've simply took the keys and just unlocked it!!

Witnesses: Grace Steel.
    Exhibit #2: LSPD Bodycamera footage of the incident
    Type of Discovery: Physical Evidence
    Spoiler

Sincerely,

Sai Modi
Prosecuting Attorney
► Show Spoiler
Yuki Nakamura
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Post by Yuki Nakamura »

Motion to Compel Discovery
Motion to Compel Discovery

Honorable : Colt Daniels
  • We the Appellant in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Harvey Keller vs. The state
    Requesting Party: Appellant
    Party Members: Harvey Keller & Yuki Nakamura
    Discovery from: Los Santos Police Department

Type of Discovery: Deposition
    • Deposition - Statements under Oath specifically from Jason Steel, Kevin Shard, Xavier Fury that were at the scene on 1/FEB/2022.
    Type of Discovery: Documentation
    • Arrest Report - The arrest report of the appellant on 1/Feb/2022.
    Detailed reasoning:
    • Deposition - A statement from each member at the scene to gain a better understanding of why they charged Harvey Keller and the situation leading up to his arrest.
    • Arrest report - The arrest report will also help in the case of gaining a better understanding of the situation and why they were charged with Vf01 - Felony Evading, WM02 Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm & WM03 Possession of Weapon Modifications.

Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely
Public Attorney Yuki Nakamura
(909) 596-2948 — [email protected]
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Colt Daniels,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Requesting Party: Defense
    Party Members:
    Exhibit #3: Witness Statement from the arresting officer, Kevin Shard
    Type of Discovery: Deposition
    Spoiler
    • Kevin Shard wrote: Image

lspdlogo
      "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• To whom it may concern,

My name is Kevin Shard. I am writing this on behalf of myself about the situation on Gentry Lane on the 1st of February. I requested Mr. Keller if he can step off the bike as I wanted to identity him and give him a ticket for VM04 Impeding Traffic. He did not do so and evaded from me.

Sincerely,
        Police Officer II Kevin Shard

There are no available arrest reports as they were not mandatory by the time of these events, but a witness statement from the arresting officer, who is also the officer that is clearly the one who is giving a lawful order in the bodycam footage has been submitted.

As for the request of multiple different officers, the prosecution does not need to provide any additional witness statements from anyone else, as we believe its already crystal clear from the bodycam footage and the witness statement that officer shard submitted above, that the LSPD's actions leading up to the arrest of said individual are legal and valid.

Sincerely,

Sai Modi
Prosecuting Attorney
► Show Spoiler
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

Motion for Summary Judgment
Motion for Summary Judgment

Honorable Colt Daniels,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are requesting a summary judgment.
    Requesting Party: Prosecution
    Party Members: Sai Modi
    Reasoning: After investigation and collection of evidence, we believe that charges placed by law enforcement were lawful and valid.
    Detailed explanation:
    Based on all of the evidence that we have collected thus far, including the bodycam footage, we see Officer shard clearly stating in his witness statement that he told the man to step off the bike to identify him and to give him the misdemeanor VM04, which states:
    No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic or emergency response except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law or except when the vehicle is temporarily unable to maintain a greater speed due to a combination of the weight of the vehicle and the grade of the highway. Slower traffic must keep to the far right lane except when preparing to turn left.
    Mr Keller took off with his bike when he was told to step off the bike by officer shard, and was chased by 2 officers, one of which is Detective Grace Steel, whom clearly also shouts "COME BACK" in the bodycam footage provided, yet he did not comply with that lawful order as well.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Sai Modi
Prosecuting Attorney
► Show Spoiler
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 22-CM-0001

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

22-CM-0001

CHARGES BEING DESPUTED:
VF01 - Felony Evading
WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms / Weapons
WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 22th day of March, 2022.

• The case of 22-CM-0001 - State of San Andreas v. Harvey Keller has hereby been resolved.

During a motions hearing a Motion for Summary Judgement filed by the prosecution was granted. Both the prosecution and defense in this case agreed that the motion should be granted as a Motion for Summary Judgement asks the court for a judgment on the merits of the case before the trial. It is properly made where there is no dispute about the facts and only a question of law needs to be decided. Due to both agreeing that there is no dispute about the facts a verdict was decided.

This verdict rules that Harvey Keller was given a lawful command from the Law Enforcement Officers to which he decided to not comply with and evaded the police, upon a search an illegal firearm was discovered along with weapon modifications. The defendant Harvey Keller was found guilty on all counts, VF01, WF03, and WM03.

Harvey Keller will have the charges maintained on his record and he will be fined $10,000 in court fees as outlined by the courts information. This case is now closed.

• CHARGES BEING DESPUTED:
      VF01 - Felony Evading [GUILTY]
      WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms / Weapons [GUILTY]
      WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications [GUILTY]

Chief Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”