Badge Number: 14973
Rank & Name: Detective Kingston

Officer/Deputy 2
Badge Number: 6910
Rank & Name: Commander Lex Roth
Time & Date of Incident(s): 09/FEB/2022
Charge(s) Being Appealed: Possession of Illegal Firearms
Narrative:
I was enjoying my Wednesday evening taking a cruise in my XA-21 around Vespucci. I was driving at speeds below 80 KM/H when I was pulled over by Detective Kingston. After 5 minutes of waiting for backup, Kingston then told me to step out of my vehicle and placed me under arrest. I asked what were my charges and he stated "Failure to Pay a Fine". I requested to be allowed to return to Mission Row to pay the fine, however, they denied my request.

Soon after stepping out of my vehicle I told the officers that I have a friend in the area who has keys and a full drivers license who will be taking my vehicle with my permission so there would be no need for the vehicle to be impounded. The officers agreed to this, saying they had no issue with it but they must wait until I was placed into custody.

Soon after this, I was cuffed and placed in the back of a cruiser. Kingston then illegally searched my XA-21 without probable cause. Kingston stated he found a firearm in my XA-21 after the illegal search, and stated I will be going to DOC for Illegal firearm charges. I stated to Detective Kingston that his search of my XA-21 was illegal, he had my probable cause and no permission from myself to search it. He replied "It is LSPD policy to search a vehicle that is going to the impound."

I find it difficult to understand how the detective believes it's appropriate to illegally search a vehicle when it was made very clear to every officer on the scene that the vehicle will be handed over to my friend. He refused to change his answer when I asked him after making it clear that he illegally searched the vehicle. I believe he knows he illegally searched the vehicle.

I, Harley Pavlovich, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))
Harley Pavlovich
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Harley Pavlovich v. Police Department | Docket #

Post by Harley Pavlovich »

After durther discussion, I'd like to withdraw this appeal.

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”