Requested Attorney: Big Albert Lewis

Department: Sheriff's Department

Officer/Deputy 1
Badge Number: 7957
Rank & Name: N/A if unknown
Time & Date of Incident(s): 16/01/2022
Charge(s) Being Appealed: Grand Theft Auto and Operating a Chop Shop
Narrative:

I was looking around the sandy shores area for potential houses due to their cheap prices when I noticed one in Stab City. I drove over to Stab City and parked my Blue Massacro in a bush (due to the nature of Stab City being a dangerous place). I walked over to the 1G house in the middle of Stab City and looked over it, making general notes and comparing it to the other locations I had looked at. As I walked out of the house I heard a large commotion over by what I found out was the Chop Shop located in Stab City. Not knowing that it were a chopshop, nor what was going on I decided to go and investigate, being a curious person I looked around the area and didn't see anyone, looked through the vehicle for any form of ID or indication as to who the car may have belonged to but found nothing apart from some drugs. I took those drugs with the intent to take them to the Sheriff's Department. As I was about to leave the area numerous units from the Sheriff's Department pulled up, surrounded the area and told me to put my hands up. I obviously complied and did as I was told, I tried to explain the Deputy who cuffed me and took me to the Department of Corrections that I was just an innocent civilian caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, however he refused to believe me and used sarcastic remarks to dismiss whatever I said.

I, [Jamie Beard], hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))
Last edited by Judith Mason on Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Lewis
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Jamie Beard v. Sheriff's Department | Docket #

Post by Albert Lewis »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Greetings,

I would like to inform you that I would not be able to respresent Mr. Beard or LSSD in this case due to a conflict of interest between my relationship with both parties.

I would like to urge both parties to continue to seek a legal resprentation for this appeal.

• Respectfully,
  • Albert "Big Al" Lewis
    State Attorney

464-6046
Dakota Macaw
ECRP Forum Name: ComradeCorbyn

SAJB Awards

Post by Dakota Macaw »

• Good evening,

I am Dakota Macaw and I will be offering my counsel to the appellant at this time. If there is no further obstruction or issue at the time I will be familiarizing myself with the case and speaking with the client shortly.

Attorney Dakota Macaw
    (909) 419-3141 — [email protected]
Jamie Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Jamie Valentine »

I would like to confidently accept your offer to be my counsel for this case.
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: Jamie Beard v. Sheriff's Department | Docket #22-01-16-AP-028

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

My name is Associate Justice Judith Mason and I will be presiding over this case. At this point in time the case is now ACTIVE under docket number 22-01-16-AP-028, however it is evident that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department does not yet have representation appointed. As such, I will be reaching out to find counsel for that department, which will subsequently be followed by the opening of the discovery phase.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Oliver Jenkins
Master EMT
ECRP Forum Name: Prezeey

LSEMS Awards

Post by Oliver Jenkins »

• Good evening,

I am Oliver Jenkins and I will be offering my counsel to the respondent at this time. I will be taking some time I will be familiarizing myself with the case and speaking with the client shortly.

Director of the Bar Association
    (909) 300-6543 — [email protected]
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Caroline Johnson »

Jamie Beard v. Sheriff's Department | Docket #22-01-16-AP-028

• Good Evening,

My name is Caroline Johnson and I will be acting as counsel for the Los Santos Sheriff's Department in this case. I will be reaching out to my client and familiarizing myself with the case in the coming days and will be ready to proceed at the court's discretion.

Respectfully,

Attorney-at-Law
    (909) 590-4566 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Re:#22-CM-0002, State of San Andreas v. Jamie Beard

Post by Judith Mason »

Administrative Update

• To whom it may concern,

As this case has been activated but discovery has not yet begun, I will be moving this case down to the Superior Court of San Andreas under the title State of San Andreas v. Jamie Beard, with the updated docket number of #22-CM-0002. Further information regarding the change in the San Andreas Court System can be found in our most recent Press Release.

Immediately following this change, I will be ordering discovery for this case. This will require the prosecution to present the entirety of it's evidence within seven days, which is then to be followed by the submission of any relevant motions by either party.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0002, State of San Andreas v. Jamie Beard

Post by Judith Mason »

#22-CM-0002
Presiding Judge: Judith Mason

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Jamie Beard
#22-CM-0002

A court order was entered in the above case on 16 March, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Jamie Beard, #22-CM-0002 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice

Dakota Macaw

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0002, State of San Andreas v. Jamie Beard

Post by Dakota Macaw »

• Honorable court,

I am obliged to make the court aware at this time that Mr. Jamie Beard has since undergone a name change to Mr. Jamie Valentine. I request that all future documents represent this and any major documentation is edited.

Thank you,

Attorney Dakota Macaw
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0002, State of San Andreas v. Jamie Valentine

Post by Judith Mason »

• Attorney Macaw,

Very well, the case will be updated to reflect this change in name.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Toni Salatoni
Retired Detective II
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Toni Salatoni »

Official Witness Statement
Case Information
  • Case Number: #22-CM-0002
    Incident Date: 16/JANUARY/2022
Witness Information
  • Name: Toni Salatoni
    Date of Birth: 25/SEPTEMBER/1998
    Phone Number: (209) 231 - 5670
Witness Statement
  • Greetings,

As a key witness on the scene, and the individual who requested the charges to be added, I have an adequate recollection of this scene. We received a 911 call about a stolen blue Massacro being chopped in Stab City from a caller. Our airship arrived above the chop shop and provided an overhead view of the scene. After receiving confirmation that there was a car there, we moved in as a collective of units towards the stolen car, finding two individuals; one in the car, and another standing next to it. Upon arriving, the standing suspect decided to run off away from us. Several deputies followed this runaway, as he was armed, while I stayed with the suspect we currently had under gunpoint next to the car. As we moved in to detain the man, the mechanic operating the chopshop deposed of the stolen car in front of us, tossing the money to our cuffed 10-15, who was later discovered to be Jamie Beard. After checking the IDs from both suspects, none of them matched the now destroyed stolen cars registered owner. The illegal money that Mr Beard gained was seized from him, and he was charged accordingly to his crimes.

Now, I would like to point an item out to the court respectfully. Mr Beard quotes that he arrived in
    Jamie Valentine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:35 am Stab City and parked my Blue Massacro in a bush (due to the nature of Stab City being a dangerous place).
    however, the car which he claims to be searching was a blue Massacro, even though he states that this was his car. His charge appeal makes little to no sense, and he is even unable to get his story straight.

Kind regards and respectfully,
Witness Affirmation
  • I, Toni Salatoni, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Toni Salatoni

Date: 19th of March, 2022
Image INVESTIGATOR I TONI SALATONI
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
► Show Spoiler
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,
  • We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    State of San Andreas v. Jamie Valentine
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0002
    Requesting Party: The Superior Court of the State of San Andreas
    Party Members: Caroline Johnson, The State of San Andreas
    Exhibit #1: LSSD
    Type of Discovery: Physical Evidence
    • Arrest Report of Jamie Valentine, known prior as Jamie Beard
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery This arrest report was compiled on the date of arrest and outlines the departments perspective of the incident. Provided by Charlie Wilkinson of the LSSD.
      ARREST REPORT
      MUGSHOT
      SUSPECT 1 DETAILS
      • Full Name: Jamie_Beard
        Licenses Revoked: No
        Charges:
        • GF11 - Grand Theft Auto
        • VF03 - Operating a "Chop Shop"
        How did the suspect plea to the above charges?
        Suspect pleaded not guilty to all charges.
        Additional Details (Suspect's vehicle, etc.) :
      DEPUTY DETAILS
      • Full Name: Charles Ronaldson
        Badge Number: 7957
        Callsign: 11-C-19
      INCIDENT DETAILS
      • Date of Arrest: 2022-01-16
        Deputies Involved: Charles Ronaldson, Toni Salatoni, Maurice Skillen, Brian Strange

Provide details of the incident leading up to the arrest
        • I was called to a backup by Salatoni, when i arrived i was told to handcuff the man and Salatoni advised me of the charges. The suspect had a licensed heavy pistol on him so i will be looking for PD to remove this via the relevant forms.
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
      • Exhibit A: Marijuana Seeds
        Exhibit B: Marijuana Plants
        Exhibit C: Mask
        Exhibit D: Gloves
        Exhibit E: Powdered Lime 12x
        Photo of the evidence in the locker (if applicable)
      ARRESTING DEPUTY SIGNATURE
      Charles Ronaldson

Exhibit #2: Former Deputy Sheriff Charles Ronaldson
    Type of Discovery: Deposition
    • A deposition provided by former Deputy Sheriff Charles Ronaldson
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery A deposition provided by former Deputy Sheriff Charles Ronaldson and his recollection of the events that day.

Case Information
      • Case Number: 22-CM-0002
        Incident Date: 16th/JAN/2022
      Witness Information
      • Name: Charles Ronaldson
        Date of Birth: [13/JAN/1997]
        Phone Number: [249-7197]
      Witness Statement
      • From what I can remember, I was called to stab city by Senior Agent Salatoni who had Mr Beard detained at a chop sop location with items in his possession that he admitted was taken from the vehicle being chopped. I also believe that Senior agent Salatoni found Mr Beard in the passenger seat of the vehicle being chopped when he arrived on the scene. I made the arrest report but I cannot remember if I placed the charges, if this was the case it was placed with orders from my direct supervisors with significant evidence against Mr beard as mentioned above.

To recap, Mr Beard was found in the passenger seat of a vehicle being chopped at Stab City and found with items from the vehicle in his pockets which he stated he was going to call 911 and hand them in. However, I am not sure of the truth to this statement as if I was in this situation I would merely leave a random unlocked car alone and call 911 to investigate this. I certainly would not rummage through it and take items from it, especially drug paraphernalia.
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, Charles Ronaldson, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Charles Ronaldson
        Police Officer III
        Los Santos Police Department

Date: [19/03/2022]

Exhibit #3: Retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni
    Type of Discovery: Deposition
    • A deposition from retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery A deposition from retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni as he recalls the events of that day, his commentary is key to understanding why the charges where placed that day by former Deputy Sheriff Charles Ronaldson.

We understand this material has already been submitted, but we wish for it to also be filed as an exhibit to assist in discussions both on the docket and at hearings.

Case Information
      Witness Information
      Witness Statement
      • Greetings,

As a key witness on the scene, and the individual who requested the charges to be added, I have an adequate recollection of this scene. We received a 911 call about a stolen blue Massacro being chopped in Stab City from a caller. Our airship arrived above the chop shop and provided an overhead view of the scene. After receiving confirmation that there was a car there, we moved in as a collective of units towards the stolen car, finding two individuals; one in the car, and another standing next to it. Upon arriving, the standing suspect decided to run off away from us. Several deputies followed this runaway, as he was armed, while I stayed with the suspect we currently had under gunpoint next to the car. As we moved in to detain the man, the mechanic operating the chopshop deposed of the stolen car in front of us, tossing the money to our cuffed 10-15, who was later discovered to be Jamie Beard. After checking the IDs from both suspects, none of them matched the now destroyed stolen cars registered owner. The illegal money that Mr Beard gained was seized from him, and he was charged accordingly to his crimes.

Now, I would like to point an item out to the court respectfully. Mr Beard quotes that he arrived in
        Jamie Valentine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:35 am Stab City and parked my Blue Massacro in a bush (due to the nature of Stab City being a dangerous place).
        however, the car which he claims to be searching was a blue Massacro, even though he states that this was his car. His charge appeal makes little to no sense, and he is even unable to get his story straight.

Witness Affirmation
      • I, Toni Salatoni, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Toni Salatoni

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
Attorney-At-Law
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion to Compel Discovery

Honorable Justice Mason,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel as well as from the San Andreas Department of Motor Vehicles, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Requesting Party: The State of San Andreas
    Party Members: Caroline Johnson

Discovery from: The San Andreas Department of Motor Vehicles

Type of Discovery: Document Request
    • Proof of ownership of a Blue Massacro
    Detailed reasoning: The statement provided by the defendant and the deposition provided by Retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni conflict as to the owner of the Blue Massacro.
    • We the prosecution are requesting from the San Andreas Department of Motor Vehicles records of vehicle ownership and vehicle registration for a vehicle Jamie Valentine, formerly known as Jamie Beard, claims to have owned at the time the incident took place. The vehicle in question is a Blue Massacro. We request this information as their is a discrepancy in the defendants narrative and the deposition from Retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni. We also wish to know the plate the vehicle would have had on or about the time of the incident.

Discovery from: The Defendant

Type of Discovery: Document Request / Video Recording
    • Proof of ownership of a Blue Massacro
    Detailed reasoning: The statement provided by the defendant and the deposition provided by Retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni conflict as to the owner of the Blue Massacro.
    • We the prosecution are requesting from the defense records of vehicle ownership and vehicle registration for a vehicle Jamie Valentine, formerly known as Jamie Beard, claims to have owned at the time the incident took place. The vehicle in question is a Blue Massacro. We request this information as their is a discrepancy in the defendants narrative and the deposition from Retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni. We also wish to know the plate the vehicle would have had on or about the time of the incident.

Discovery from: The Defendant

Type of Discovery: Audio/Video Recording
    • Any audio or video recording of the incident from the defendant
    Detailed reasoning: We seek any Audio/Video Recordings the defendant may have taken at the time of the incident
    • We believe more clarity on the incident is required in order to effectively understand the situation at hand that day. We make this motion with all rights reserved on its intent to uncover the facts leading up to the arrest, but should the defense feel with appropriate reasoning that this material cannot be provided to the prosecution, we will consider dropping this motion.

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
Attorney-At-Law
Dakota Macaw

SAJB Awards

Post by Dakota Macaw »

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Justice Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Requesting Party: Defense
    Party Members: Dakota Macaw, Jamie Valentine
    Exhibit #1: Jamie Valentine
    Type of Discovery: Document
    • The vehicle registration for Mr. Valentine's Massacro
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery
    • As Mr. Salatoni is alleging that the defendant is lying about the blue massacro being in his possession, the prosecution have asked that we prove the ownership. We are submitting the vehicle registration from Mr. Valentine's possession. The DMV will likely have more detailed documentation on this vehicle, and hope we can also receive that.

Registration for Mr. Jamie Valentine's Blue Massacro

Make: Dewbauchee
      Model: Massacro
      Color: Dark Blue with Blue Pearlescent
      Time/Date of Purchase: November 2021
      License Plate at time of purchase: MATTHEW

((
      /showvehicles
      Registration RP

))

We would like to clarify that both the license plate and the color of the vehicle has changed since the incident. Although this is of little relevance to the case, the vehicle is now registered under the license plate "JAMIE" which the DMV can confirm. The vehicle color has also changed to purple and orange.

Graciously,

Attorney Dakota Macaw
Dakota Macaw

SAJB Awards

Post by Dakota Macaw »

Honorable Justice Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Assigned Court Case Number:
    Party Members: #22-CM-0002
    Discovery from: LSSD/LSPD

• Traffic Stop Reports for Massacros with the license plate MATTHEW
    Detailed reasoning:
    • A cursory search of the traffic stop reports database should result in traffic stop reports detailing a blue massacro with the license plate MATTHEW being registered to Jamie Beard. Any traffic stop report before the date of the incident will further prove that the documents we have provided are true, leaving no room for suspicion of forgery. If the prosecution does not contest the validity of our documents as submitted this document request could be considered unnecessary.

Discovery from: LSSD

• A photo or ANY otherwise documentation of the vehicle being dismantled by the mechanic.
    Detailed reasoning:
    • The defense does not dispute that the vehicle in question being worked on by the mechanic was not Mr. Valentine's vehicle, but we do dispute that the vehicle was a blue massacro. Although Mr. Valentine is unsure what the vehicle was, he believes that it could possibly have been a warrener. To avoid dispute between defense and prosecution on this detail of the case, we believe it would be helpful if the LSSD could provide the exact details on this vehicle.

Discovery from: Emergency Dispatch

• 911 call for a blue massacro reported stolen
    Detailed reasoning:
    • Mr. Salatoni is alleging that they were looking for the blue massacro that had been stolen because of a 911 call for it. Although the particular reason for the deputies arriving to the defendant's location doesn't particularly matter to the case, our previous motion to discover will show a lack of validity/truth in Mr. Salatoni's statement, and I have doubt that this call existed at all as the blue massacro in question was not reported stolen by Mr. Valentine.

• The arrest report for the other individual involved in the incident.
    Detailed reasoning:
    • The defendant recalls not only the other individual involved admitting to the crime of chopping the vehicle, but furthermore he recalls the mechanic handing the other individual involved the cash from the vehicle. From seeing the arrest report for the other man, we can learn if these details have been documented. Furthermore, the other individual involved is a witness and their testimony is needed.

Type of Discovery: Footage request
    • Bodycam of individuals involved in the incident
    Detailed reasoning:
    • As the LSSD and the defense are directly opposing eachother's stories, it would be most clarifying if we could review the bodycam of the deputies involved in the incident. As it seems there were many deputies on scene, we hope that the LSSD will have this evidence available.

Sincerely,

Attorney Dakota Macaw
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,
  • We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Requesting Party: The Defense Council
    Party Members: Caroline Johnson, The State of San Andreas
    Exhibit #4: LSSD
    • TRAFFIC STOP Report for a matching Blue Massacro
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery A traffic stop report filed on a matching blue Massacro per the defenses request
    • Traffic Stop Report - Jan-9th-2022

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

• TRAFFIC STOP DETAILS
          Reason for Stop: Speeding
          Approx. Time and Date: 09/01/2022 5:00 PM
          Traffic Stop Outcome: Verbal warning

VEHICLE DETAILS
        • Vehicle Driver: Jamie Beard
          Vehicle Owner: Jamie Beard
          License Plate: MATTHEW
          Vehicle Model: Massacro
          Vehicle Color: Blue
          Occupants (If Applicable): 1

Exhibit #5: LSSD
    • Arrest report for Antonioravioli Difuego
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery An arrest report for a Antonioravioli Difuego, filed around the time Mr. Jamie Valentine was arrested per the request of the defense. NOTE: The name on the arrest report is incorrect. The name should be "Antonioravioli Difuego"
    • Arrest Report - Antonioravioli Difuego (NOTE: The arrest report name was spelled wrong)
      ARREST REPORT
      MUGSHOT
      SUSPECT 1 DETAILS
      • Full Name: Antonioraviolo Difuego
        Licenses Revoked: No
        Charges:
        • GF11 - Grand Theft Auto
        • VF03 - Operating a "Chop Shop"
        How did the suspect plea to the above charges?
        Suspect pleaded guilty to all charges.
        Additional Details (Suspect's vehicle, etc.) :
        Stolen a muscle car
      DEPUTY DETAILS
      • Full Name: Oscar Black
        Badge Number: 20596
        Callsign: 12-C-25
      INCIDENT DETAILS
      • Date of Arrest: 2022-01-16
        Deputies Involved: Senior Agent Toni Salatoni

Provide details of the incident leading up to the arrest
        • ALPHA called out over the radio that there was an individual operating a chop shop in Stab City. Our unit was really close to Stab City so we made our way there, going around back and finding two people. We got them under gunpoint and they complied, one of them had run off but my partner caught up to them and caught them. We waited for more units to arrive so we could go in for cuffs.

A Shinobi was circling us and I spotted he had a Pistol .50 so I told ALPHA to keep an eye on him. We got both people cuffed and then brought to a cruiser where both were charged the same. They went off to DOC with no troubles.
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
      • Exhibit A:
        Photo of the evidence in the locker (if applicable)
      ARRESTING DEPUTY SIGNATURE

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion for Continuance
Motion for Continuance

Honorable Justice Mason,

We the prosecution are requesting discovery to be open for an additional seven (7) days from the date discovery was set to expire as their are still many more questions to be answered. We have also filed a second bulk information request to ALL deputies involved including but not limited to Brian Strange, Charles Ronaldson, Maurice Skillen, Toni Salatoni, & Oscar Black as they alongside an unidentified air unit are the only individuals mentioned to have witnessed anything on that day. We will however be open to having the defense file motions during this time for any evidence they wish to suppress or have the State present in discovery.

Thank you. We eagerly await a response from the San Andreas Department of Motor Vehicles and from Emergency Dispatch.

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
Attorney-At-Law
Last edited by Caroline Johnson on Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

The Motion for Continuance is granted - the prosecution will have an additional seven (7) days to submit any and all evidence pertaining to this case. The Order for Discovery will now expire on 30/MAR/2022 at 03:56.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

State of San Andreas v. Jamie Valentine | Docket #22-CM-0002

• Good Afternoon,

With the Motion for Continuance now expired , we the prosecution now find it self evident that we are unable to fulfill all the discovery requests from the defense council. We wish to take this moment to go over our findings related to the most recent motion to compel discovery from opposing counsel and provide reasons as to why we do not have this within our possession.

Document Request | A photo or ANY otherwise documentation of the vehicle being dismantled by the mechanic.

• A photo or ANY otherwise documentation of the vehicle being dismantled by the mechanic.
    Detailed reasoning:
    • The defense does not dispute that the vehicle in question being worked on by the mechanic was not Mr. Valentine's vehicle, but we do dispute that the vehicle was a blue massacro. Although Mr. Valentine is unsure what the vehicle was, he believes that it could possibly have been a warrener. To avoid dispute between defense and prosecution on this detail of the case, we believe it would be helpful if the LSSD could provide the exact details on this vehicle.
    After retrieving any and all information available within the LSSD database, numerous attempts were made to reach out to five current or former deputies, three of which are active duty law enforcement within the state. After a weeks long wait, the prosecution found that no response was provided from any of the five parties. Therefore, we are unable to provide the requested information to the defense.

Footage request | Bodycam of individuals involved in the incident

Type of Discovery: Footage request
    • Bodycam of individuals involved in the incident
    Detailed reasoning:
    • As the LSSD and the defense are directly opposing eachother's stories, it would be most clarifying if we could review the bodycam of the deputies involved in the incident. As it seems there were many deputies on scene, we hope that the LSSD will have this evidence available.
    Again all efforts where spent in an attempt to retrieving all information available within the LSSD database related to this case. Foremost, the prosecution was informed that any and all information of this nature has likely been destroyed prior to trial and that unless the individuals themselves retained copies, no body cam exists. Numerous attempts where made to reach out to the relevant parties of this case, whom three of which are active duty law enforcement within the state. After a weeks long wait, the prosecution found that no response was provided from any of the five parties. Therefore, we are unable to provide the requested information to the defense.

Document Request | 911 call for a blue massacro reported stolen

Discovery from: Emergency Dispatch

• 911 call for a blue massacro reported stolen
    Detailed reasoning:
    • Mr. Salatoni is alleging that they were looking for the blue massacro that had been stolen because of a 911 call for it. Although the particular reason for the deputies arriving to the defendant's location doesn't particularly matter to the case, our previous motion to discover will show a lack of validity/truth in Mr. Salatoni's statement, and I have doubt that this call existed at all as the blue massacro in question was not reported stolen by Mr. Valentine.
    We believe that such a request requires subpoena like powers, and at this point in our branches history this has not been delegated to prosecutors. It is of the prosecution's opinion that only judges would have the authority to file a notice of action against the corresponding executive departments that handle such requests.

Deposition | A deposition from retired Senior Agent Toni Salatoni

Case Information
      Witness Information
      Witness Statement
      • Greetings,

Witness Affirmation

Signed,

Toni Salatoni

In addition to the above, we reached out again to Mr. Salatoni for further clarification on his witness statement on the model of the vehicle being a blue Massacro. This request appears to have gone through, but no response was submitted in time while discovery was open and as such we are unable to provide further deposition from the retired agent.

With all this in mind, we understand senior defense attorney Dakota Macaw may be on a short leave of absence. While we work around this, we wish to open the possibility of having the defendant sign a Deferred Prosecution Agreement. This agreement would effectively see the case placed on indefinite hold for a period of time in exchange for commitments from the defendant and, should sufficient time pass without breach of the agreement, see to it that all charges related to this case are dropped.

This exchange would be unprecedented in our branches history, but we believe such an agreement is of benefit not only to the defendant, but also to the state as a whole. If the defense wishes to speak on this matter, we ask them to reach out once they return from there absence. Otherwise, this case shall continue as intended.

We the prosecution apologize for being unable to present three of the required five items of discovery granted, and hope such incidents do not impede the progress of this court in the future.

Respectfully,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
Dakota Macaw

SAJB Awards

Post by Dakota Macaw »

Motion for Involuntary Dismissal
Motion for Involuntary Dismissal

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting an involuntary dismissal from the court, please find the reason for it below.
    Party Members: Jamie Valentine, Dakota Macaw
    Involuntary Dismissal: Failure to Comply to Court Order
    Detailed explanation:
    Although the Prosecution initially submitted evidence to the court which was obtained from former members of the Sheriff's Department, and then proceeded to comply with a request from the Defense to discover a couple of very basic documents, the Prosecution has, unfortunately, been unable to make any meaningful contact with the various individual's involved, leaving us unable to continue with our discussion of the case. Many of the individuals being requested to submit statements are still active law enforcement officers, departmentally obligated to submit their statements to the prosecution. The request for further statements from individuals involved has been a very simple and reasonable one, especially after the initial witness statements contained what the defense believes to be blatant falsehoods. Furthermore, much of the initial statements have already been proven to be inaccurate, bringing into question the remainder of the contents of what the officers have said in the statements. Lastly, the Sheriff's Department has not complied with the request for bodycamera evidence to be submitted to the court. The fact that the Sheriff's Department does not have footage stored of an incident that occurred just two weeks before the initial appeal was filed is incredibly concerning to say the least, especially now that the witness statements from officers are conflicting with reality. Overall, the case does not have the witness testimony to continue and the defense is not interested in giving the prosecution indefinite time to wait for the Sheriff's Department and other government organizations to decide to provide their evidence.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Senior Defense Attorney Dakota Macaw
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

State of San Andreas v. Jamie Valentine | Docket #22-CM-0002

• Good Morning,

With the motion from the defense filed, the prosecution wishes to seek a hearing on this matter before any finality is brought to this case. Thank you.

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Please use this provided Scheduling Tool to update your availability over the next week so that I may schedule a hearing on this case.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

We will schedule this hearing for today at 7:30 PM (( UTC )), I understand this is only about two hours notice, but the scheduling tool has indicated that parties will be available - if there is any issue with this, please let me know ASAP.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Below you will find a summary of decisions made in the Motions Hearing conducted on 09/APR/2022 at 7:30 PM.
    1. Motion for Discovery of Arrest Report and Deputy Statements - Prosecution
      • Motion granted.
    2. Motion to Compel Discovery for Proof of Ownership of Blue Massacro and Any Audio/Video Recordings of the Incident - Prosecution
      • Proof of Ownership provided in a later motion, remaining requests denied.
    3. Motion for Discovery for Vehicle Registration of Blue Massacro - Defense
      • Motion granted.
    4. Motion to Compel Discovery of Prior Traffic Stop Reports, Evidence of Vehicle Dismantling, 911 Call Log, Arrest Report of Co-Defendant, and Bodycamera Footage - Defense
      • Prior Traffic Stop Report provided in a later motion. Evidence of Vehicle Dismantling and Bodycamera Footage allegedly do not exist. Arrest Report of Co-Defendant provided in a later motion. 911 Call Log request granted.
    5. Motion for Discovery of Prior Traffic Stop Report and Arrest Report of Co-Defendant - Prosecution
      • Motion granted.
    6. Motion for Continuance - Prosecution
    7. Motion for Involuntary Dismissal - Defense
      • Motion denied, see further reasoning below.

Further Explanation for Denial of Motion for Involuntary Dismissal
    Judith Mason wrote: At this point in time, I will be denying the Motion for Involuntary Dismissal for the following reasons:

It is the position of the defense that because the prosecution has not been able to provide information that would give clarity in this case, that they are not complying with a court order.

I have found that this is not because of the prosecution’s failure to attempt to gather this information as Ms. Johnson has stated that several emails have been sent out, and information has been sought out through several different avenues. It does not appear that this lack of information is the fault of the prosecution in this case, but rather the fault of the law enforcement officers who were involved with the arrest and imprisonment of Mr. Valentine.

It is with this in mind that I state that a reason for an involuntary dismissal to be granted in with the prosecution’s failure to comply with a court order, however, it has been seen that the prosecution has done everything in their current power to seek out the information and comply with not only the Order for Discovery requiring all information that the prosecution currently has access to, but the prosecution has also played an active role in providing information in response to several Motions to Compel Discovery.

Currently, the Judicial Branch does not require law enforcement officers to submit witness statements and provide further clarity in order to better understand the situation that unfolded, but rather a departmental policy that was put in place by that law enforcement officer’s department. Obviously, the more information that is able to provided to the prosecution in this case, the better the chances are that the charges will be upheld, but if the Los Santos County Sheriff’s Department does not wish to provide evidence that would help the prosecution’s case, then it is more likely that the charges will not be upheld during trial.

This brings me to my final determination that the Motion for Involuntary Dismissal will be denied and we will move forward to trial. The pending motions to compel discovery will be provided in a reasonable amount of time at which point I will schedule a trial for this case.

We are now pending the production of the 911 Call Log from the Prosecution. Once that has been submitted into evidence through a Motion for Discovery, we will move forward to scheduling a trial provided that there are no further motions pending.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”