Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: #22-CM-0002, State of San Andreas v. Jamie Valentine

Post by Caroline Johnson »

Motion for Discovery
San Andreas Judicial Branch
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,
  • We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    State of San Andreas v. Jamie Valentine
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0002
    Requesting Party: The Superior Court of the State of San Andreas
    Party Members: Caroline Johnson, The State of San Andreas
    Exhibit #6: Master Deputy Oscar Black
    Type of Discovery: Deposition
    • A deposition provided by Master Deputy Oscar Black
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery A deposition provided by former Deputy Sheriff Charles Ronaldson and his recollection of the events that day. Please note: The deposition has been slightly modified for formatting reasons, and the original remains in tact both in email and in our physical case file if required.
    • Deposition - Master Deputy Oscar Black

Official Witness Statement
      "HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"
      Case Information
      • Case Number: #22-CM-0002
        Incident Date: 16/JAN/2022
      Witness Information
      • Name: Oscar Black
        Date of Birth: 21/JUN/1992
        Phone Number: 299-1811
      Witness Statement
      • I, unfortunately, don't remember much from this situation as it happened in January!

I can tell you though what happened through the arrest report though. We arrived on the scene at a Blue Massacro in which we received a call. We made our way there, and two individuals were seen. One went off running while one gave himself up. A separate deputy chased the man and got him. I don't remember what happened after that but as he decided to run after being caught, therefore we charged him with those current charges after our Supervisor told us to do so.
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, Oscar Black, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Oscar Black
        Master Deputy
        Los Santos Sheriffs Department

Date: 12/APR/2022

We note we are actively in the process of obtaining a search warrant for the 911 call records and will update the docket with such records in a timely manner.

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Caroline Johnson »

Honorable Justice Mason,

We regret to inform the court and defense counsel that due to a lack of substantial information provided detailing the specifics of the 911 call that led to the response of the LSSD to the aforementioned scene, the San Andreas Executive Branch Office of Emergency Services is unable to provide any of the 911 call logs we requested. We suspect that this is not an unwillingness of the branch to comply with the order, but a genuine inability to preform the task due to the lacking information. Unless further discussions with the department or defense counsel inform us of more details such as to who placed the call, we inform the court that the motion to compel discovery of the call logs is therefor not possible.

Respectfully,

Caroline Johnson
Attorney-At-Law
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

• Superior Court of San Andreas,

Let the record reflect I will be acting as co-counsel on this case, as the Attorney General for the State of San Andreas. I have included my availability and will assist Prosecutor Johnson in this matter.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
    (909) 235-6076 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Based on the provided responses to the scheduling tool, I will be scheduling this trial for 23/APR/2022 at 5:30 PM (( UTC )). Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the proceeding so that we may have a quick pre-trial conference.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 22-CM-0002

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

#22-CM-0002

CHARGES BEING DISPUTED:
GF11 - Grand Theft Auto
VF03 - Operating a Chop Shop

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 23rd day of April, 2022.

• The Court has found that based on the evidence presented here today the defendant, Jamie Valentine, was present at Stab City near an illegal Chop Shop location. He has confirmed to the court that he had taken items out of the vehicle allegedly with the intent to provide those items to law enforcement officers at a later point in time. This, though undisputed, is not what the defendant has been charged for. We are discussing the charges of Operating a Chop Shop and the Grand Theft Auto of the vehicle that was being chopped.

What the prosecution has failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt is that Mr. Valentine took someone else’s vehicle without their consent. The evidence that has been provided today would suggest that, perhaps, Mr. Valentine could have been involved in the Grand Theft Auto of the vehicle that was chopped, however, I do not believe the prosecution has proven this beyond a reasonable doubt.

Now, the Court has to determine if Mr. Valentine did operate the chop shop that he was located in. It is the Court’s opinion that the defense has cast doubt on whether the defendant had been the man in the passenger seat or if the defendant had been the man who ran away from the scene. Mr. Valentine alleges that he was the man that ran away from the scene, which is further supported by the fact that a firearm was retrieved from only from Mr. Valentine, and not from Antonioravioli Difuego.

Additionally, while Former Agent Salatoni alleges that the mechanic at the chop shop provided money to the defendant and that money had then been seized by law enforcement, the money was never logged into evidence by law enforcement officers and Mr. Valentine had testified that no money was ever taken from him at the scene. With all of this in mind, it is the Court's opinion that the evidence and testimony do cast a reasonable doubt on the charge of Operating a Chop Shop.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
    • On the count of GF11 - Grand Theft Auto, I find the defendant, Jamie Valentine, not guilty.
    • On the count of VF03 - Operating a Chop Shop, I find the defendant, Jamie Valentine, not guilty.

In accordance with policy set forth by the San Andreas Judicial Branch, the defendant has been compensated for time spent incarcerated at the rate of $100 per day and fines paid in relation to the charges for a total amount of $25,500.

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”