Contact Information
Your Name: Molly Devil
Your Phone Number: 322-2281
Your Position in Your Agency: Editor in Chief
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 26/JAN/22 20:45
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Hello, I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to seek more information regarding a concluded Internal Affairs investigation. On Monday, August 23, 2021 Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake issued a response within an inquiry submitted by Emily Whitehorse stating that any questions regarding concluded IA reports may be done publicly.

The report I am seeking more information about was submitted by Paige Dredd. I have inserted a copy of the conclusion below.
Spoiler
Was Detective Grace Steel required to submit any body cam footage regarding this incident, or was only a written report submitted?

Secondly, why was there no disciplinary action taken place when the conclusion of the Internal Affairs investigation clearly states that Detective Grace Steel was negligent resulting in the accidental discharge of her firearm (three separate times), resulting in the injury of Ms. Paige Dredd? At what point would punishment for this negligence be appropriate? Negligence resulting in death instead of injury?

Thirdly, did the Los Santos Police Department issue an apology to Ms. Dredd for the negligence of Detective Grace Steel?

And finally, why was it decided that the Internal Affairs Group would not open an in-depth investigation into this complaint and occurrence? How is it decided whether or not a complaint will be fully investigated?

Thank you so much for your time.

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil - Editor in Chief
Weazel News

Senior Government Official | Molly Devil
Public Relations Bureau, Executive Branch
San Andreas State Government

Press Releases | Newsletters | Community Correspondence Box
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Los Santos Police Department

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear @Molly Devil,

I hope you are doing well first and foremost.

The Media Relations Division does currently not have any additional information pertaining to your request, and as previously stated, any requests regarding potential Officer misconduct that may include private information or otherwise personal information will be answered via e-mail correspondences. Additionally, details and answers regarding the case will be forwarded privately once and if made available due to the nature of the request. If you have follow-up questions pertaining to the request you may forward them within the next 24 hours. Thank you for your understanding.

• Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Tim Havlicek
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Molly Devil
ECRP Forum Name: Elri

SASG Awards

Post by Molly Devil »

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Molly Devil
Your Phone Number: 322-2281
Your Position in Your Agency: Editor in Chief
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Request Information

Dear Lt. Havlicek,

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to see that you are back to work - Weazel News missed you during the few days you were on leave!

While I understand that private or confidential information will have to be sent to me via email, would it be possible to get clarification on the following now:

1. How is it decided whether or not a complaint will be fully investigated?

2. At what point of negligence is discipline appropriate? I have seen suspensions on the notice board for officers simply pointing a gun at unarmed civilians, and in this case, the negligence resulted in the actual discharge of a firearm.

3. Was there an apology issued to Ms. Dredd? Surely this is not confidential information.

Thank you again for all that you do, especially your hard work to provide us answers to these important questions.

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil - Editor in Chief
Weazel News

Senior Government Official | Molly Devil
Public Relations Bureau, Executive Branch
San Andreas State Government

Press Releases | Newsletters | Community Correspondence Box
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear @Molly Devil,

I hope you are doing well first and foremost.

The Internal Affairs Group reviews employee complaints on a case-by-case basis with context taken into consideration as two situations are almost never the same. All employees inquired by the Internal Affairs Group regarding incidents where bodycam footage can be used as evidence are requested to submit it. Supervisors play an imperative role in managing, and disciplining Officers should a breach of protocol occur at any point in time - which can exclude the need for an investigation as the situation has either been resolved in the field by the handling Supervisor, or the information obtained from the Supervisor and handed to the Internal Affairs Group is sufficient to issue a disciplinary action should one be necessary without the need to fully investigate the same matter over again.

Additionally, the Los Santos Police Department does not find it appropriate to release any information regarding the case of Ms. Paige Dredd at this point in time as the same situation is being looked into by the San Andreas Judicial Branch - this is an active appeal managed by the San Andreas Judicial Branch and any information pertinent to Ms. Paige Dredd's case can be followed up on with the San Andreas Judicial Branch should they want to release any. Thank you for your understanding.

• Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Tim Havlicek
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”