Your Name: Molly Devil
Your Phone Number: 322-2281
Your Position in Your Agency: Editor in Chief
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 24/JAN/22 18:15
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Hello!

First and foremost, I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing because Weazel News was recently made aware that the LSPD will begin enforcing GC06 and GM20, regarding facial concealment. On August 20th, 2021 the Board of Commissioners published a notice, stating that the two laws mentioned above have been “misunderstood and enforced incorrectly”. Below, I have included a statement directly from the notice, regarding the enforcement of this law.

“In general, officers enforcing facial concealment laws should have probable cause or reason to request removal from an individual beyond the fact that they're simply wearing it.”

How will the LSPD enforce these laws moving forward, especially with the information we received regarding their “crack-down” on facial concealment?

After the August 20th notice was released, I had the pleasure of speaking to a Deputy Chief, who informed me that the Commissioners do not dictate how these laws are interpreted or enforced, regardless of any notice that is published from the San Andreas State Government. I am sure you can see how this is confusing, with different information coming from two different sources.

Any clarification on this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time and your service.

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil
Editor in Chief
Weazel Entertainment News Network

Senior Government Official | Molly Devil
Public Relations Bureau, Executive Branch
San Andreas State Government

Press Releases | Newsletters | Community Correspondence Box
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Los Santos Police Department

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear @Molly Devil

I hope you are doing well first and foremost. Thank you for your inquiry and for reaching out to us!

Just to clarify, the Los Santos Police Department has never ceased enforcing any part of the State of San Andreas Penal Code and as peace officers, we must follow and enforce this code as written. However, I understand that confusion may have arisen from Press Release #33 and other recent comments, as mentioned in your inquiry.

To give you further information on your inquiry, I reached out to our Deputy Chief of Police Phillipe Sanchez, who heads up the General Operations Bureau, to help clarify any misunderstanding. In response to your inquiry regarding enforcement of GC-06 and GM-20, the penal code as a whole, and the Commissioners’ input, the Deputy Chief relayed the following statement:

Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez wrote:We are, and always have been, enforcing per the penal code. There has been no change to internal policy and we will always follow the penal code as it is written and respect the subsections as shown. Should the Commissioners wish to modify the penal code, that is at their discretion and something we will respect as peace officers. We do not go against the law and will always respect the transparency of the penal code that all citizens in the state may view at their pleasure. Should any officer be seen to go against the penal code, please file an internal affairs report for a full investigation.

I hope this helps clarify any questions you may have had and any resulting confusion as of late. Thank you again for your patience while I reached out for more information. If you have any further concerns or questions, feel free to forward them on.

I hope you have a wonderful day, stay safe and well!

• Warmest Regards
    Police Officer III Alex Schill
    Media Relations Liason
    Community Relations Officer
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Molly Devil
ECRP Forum Name: Elri

SASG Awards

Post by Molly Devil »

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Request Information

Officer Schill,

Thank you for this information. I do have a follow up question, but I need an hour or two to gather my information. I would like to keep this inquiry open until I have the opportunity to inquire further.

Thank you for all that you do.

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil - Editor in Chief
Weazel News

Alex Schill
Police Captain I

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello Ms. Devil,

I hope you are having a great day!

Please take your time, I'll keep the inquiry open as long as you need. If there is anything more I can do please feel free to ask. I look forward to assisting in any further questions.

Be well and stay safe!

• Warmest Regards
    Media Relations Liason
Molly Devil
ECRP Forum Name: Elri

SASG Awards

Post by Molly Devil »

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Request Information

Thank you for allowing this inquiry to remain open while I gathered the necessary information for my followup.

First, I want to address Deputy Chief of Police Phillipe Sanchez and thank him for his time to issue a statement. I want to bring up a response from Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake, issued to Emily Whitehorse on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 through a media inquiry. I will provide a direct quote from Assistant Chief of Police Blake below.

“When or if the Board of Commissioners publishes clarifications, such as those in relation to GM-11, GM-20, and GC-06 in the 33rd press release, then they are further clarifications as to how to abide and enforce the law and not changes to the law in itself, whereas changes to the San Andreas Penal Code, such as that to NM-04 in the 33rd press release, are, in fact, changes to the enforced law(s).”

Here, it is stated that the 33rd Press Release issued by the Commissioners does provide clarification on how to abide and enforce the law, although it does not change the law itself. I hope you can understand why this is so confusing to understand for not only myself, but the other citizens of Los Santos.

In Press Release #23 issued by the San Andreas State Government, there were new outlines and regulations regarding parking on the Del Perro Pier. These regulations have been enforced by the LSPD per this release, including the parking pay machines and large/commercial vehicles not being permitted on the pier.

I would like to know if there is any reasoning or rationale for enforcing one regulation and clarification provided by the Commissioners in the instance of the Pier Parking Regulations outlined in release #23 in comparison to the clarifications provided in release #33 regarding facial concealment and failure to comply. How does the Los Santos Police Department decide which regulations to enforce and which clarifications to ignore? In the same inquiry from Ms. Whitehorse mentioned before, Assistant Chief of Police Elena made another statement, which I have pulled and provided below.

“The Los Santos Police Department cannot comment on whether the press releases with clarifications are or are (to be) seen as executive actions under lawful authority, this is an inquiry that should be directed at the San Andreas State Government.”

If the LSPD cannot comment on whether the press releases can be seen as executive actions, can we at least get clarification on what deems the regulations and clarifications listed within “enforceable”? This is important because from my understanding with the statement given by Deputy Chief of Police Phillipe Sanchez, the clarifications regarding facial concealment and failure to comply are basically disregarded, while the pier parking regulations are enforced regularly.

I guess what this boils down to is: How will these laws regarding facial concealment and failure to comply be enforced? Black and white as listed in the penal code, or following the clarification given in Press Release #33. Then, depending on that answer, what is the reasoning behind enforcing the parking regulations on the Del Perro Pier.

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil - Editor in Chief
Weazel News
Last edited by Molly Devil on Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Schill
Police Captain I

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello Ms. Devil,

I hope you are doing well! Thank you for your follow-up and inquiry.

As your questions pertain to Los Santos Police Department staff and their quotes to Weazel News staff, I am reaching out to them for further information and comments. I want to be able to give you the best answer that we can.

Please give me up to 48 hours to collect the information necessary and get you a complete response. While we are working to ascertain this information let me know if there are any further questions pertaining to this topic or anything more I can help you with. Thank you again for your continued patience in advance on this matter.

In the meantime please stay safe and be well!

• Warmest Regards
    Media Relations Liaison
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear @Molly Devil,

I hope you are doing well first and foremost.

There seem to be several misconceptions regarding Press Release #33 published by the San Andreas State Government. Press Release #33 published by the San Andreas State Government highlights changes made to the State of San Andreas Penal Code and provisional subsections of laws (clarifications), namely GC06 - Facial Concealment, meaning, the clarifications that you mention that are allegedly disregarded is untrue considering these clarifications found in Press Release #33 are reflected within the State of San Andreas Penal Code itself. Every change contextually mentioned in Press Release #33 and transferred to the State of San Andreas Penal code will be enforced respectively. The State of San Andreas Penal Code and Press Release #33 reflect subsection (c) in correlation with the provisions of subsection (a) that enlist the following;
    -
    State of San Andreas Penal Code wrote: (c) The provisions of subsection (a) do not apply if the concealment is done during masquerades and other entertainment events that are deemed appropriate by the city (such as Halloween), or where there's reasonable cause e.g. motorcycle protection or medical reasons.

(a) No individual, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, shall: (1) Be present on foot within public property, or property of the State of San Andreas. (2) Hold any manner of meeting or demonstration.
    -
    In case you require further clarification on changes to the State of San Andreas Penal Code and the press release made by the San Andreas State Government itself it is best that you forward your inquiry to the San Andreas State Government as they handle changes to the State of San Andreas Penal Code. Thank you for your understanding, if you have further questions on the topic you may forward them within the next 24 hours.
    -

• Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Tim Havlicek
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”