Contact Information
Your Name: Molly Devil
Your Phone Number: 322-2281
Your Position in Your Agency: Editor-in-Chief
Your Email Address: [email protected]
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 16/Jan/22 00:25
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Hello! I hope this message finds you well.

I just ran into Officer Peter Stanford on a bicycle. He told me that he was working in the Community Relations division. This division of LSPD has always intrigued me and I was wondering if you could give me some more information about it.

- An official statement about the purpose of the division would be great! Of course I know the general purpose but I would love to have the department's words instead of my own.
- Are there any plans for public events?
- Can you disclose how many officers are part of the program? Where can the public expect to find them?
- Has there been any studies to note the reputation of the department before and after this division has been implemented (or staffed)?
- Is there any special training that the officers undergo before interacting with the community as a member of this division specifically?
- Are there any plans to continue to build this division within the department?

Thank you so much for your time. I appreciate all that you do!

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil - Editor in Chief
Weazel News

Senior Government Official | Molly Devil
Public Relations Bureau, Executive Branch
San Andreas State Government

Press Releases | Newsletters | Community Correspondence Box
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information/Statement [Weazel News]

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Los Santos Police Department

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear @Molly Devil,

I hope you are doing well first and foremost.

The Los Santos Police Department introduced the Community Relations Unit under the Media Relations Division with the sole purpose of bettering and expanding the current standing relationship between the Los Santos Police Department and the wider public. The Community Relations Unit proactively works on finding innovative ways to interact with the public in a positive way to make sure every interaction with law enforcement is a positive one - and an integral part of that is allowing the general public to understand our duties and intentions, which are to protect and serve.
    The Community Relations Unit has hosted two public events since its creation and is not planning on stopping there. Los Santos can expect new events in the near future!
    We currently have 3 Officers in the program who are senior Officers by their rank, and who are progressively working toward improving the current standing concept of the unit while providing aid for the general public. No official studies were noted but the overall reception of law enforcement has been improved in the Vespucci and Vinewood areas per Officer reports.
    Officers undergo basic training and are taught de-escalation techniques through their Divisional Manual to solidify them as peace Officers. The division plans to expand in numbers primarily as we seek to attract younger Officers to take up the role of a Community Relations Officer while simultaneously working with the Media Relations Unit to host events and public gatherings.

• Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Tim Havlicek
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
    Los Santos Police Department
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”