SADOC 2021 - Year In Review

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

SADOC 2021 - Year In Review

Post by Solomon Cobb »

Opening Message
Here we are, 2022 at the San Andreas Department of Corrections. Lots of things have changed over the last 12 months: new divisions such as the Felon Reformation Division, Department Restructure, New Warden, as well as several notable staff changes in both additions and removals.

During this press release, We will be going over several divisions with statements by each division leader on their progress, the history of the division, and their plans moving forward into 2022. Deputy Warden Lafleur will cover this month's notable promotions as well as a "where are they now" of ex-employees and employees of the months. I (Warden Cobb) will also be going over the leadership changes in the last year such as my time as the new Warden of Bolingbroke Penitentiary and the staff I have moved up to positions of power within the department and why.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month December 2021
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Some of the most memorable work I have done so far would have to be the more quiet shifts where I am able to get some much-needed groundskeeping work done. Work like constructing new fences, inspecting fire extinguishers, and repairing heating implementations may seem like hard work, but I find it very rewarding once it is completed.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I'm looking forward to joining more divisions as they become available to me. Divisions like Human resources, Correctional Field Training, and CIC are some of the divisions I'm most interested in. Joining these divisions is a necessary part of moving up in the ranks here at the SADOC.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Fill out lots of paperwork. It's one thing to do your job right, but it's another to write down all the work you have done and display it. This not only shows your superiors what you have accomplished but also allows you to see your own strengths and weaknesses develop and change over a long period of time.

Inmate of the Year

Deandre Boreland

Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.

Deandre Boreland showing other inmates his special honorary plaque
Employee of the Months
In the last year we have had 12 Employees on the Month. They have all been recognized for doing outstanding work.
  • January - COII Balian Heart - #559 - Resigned
    February - COIII Jay Jericho - #572 - Resigned
    March - Correctional Officer III Lasheek Maleek - #549 - Resigned
    April - Felix Morrow - #607 - Discharged for Medical reasons
    May - Corporal Joe Wardy - #602 - Discharged for AWOL
    June - COII Louise Hoffman - #664 - Resigned and is now SD
    July - SCO Katie Schneider - #646 - Captain and head of HR
    August - SCO Caroline Mathew - #629 - Sergeant and Head of FRD
    September - COII Leonardo Harris - #701 - Corporal
    October - CO3 Trixie Bankshot - #695 - Resigned
    November - Captain Katie Schneider - #646 - Second time EOTM
    December - COI Maximillian Speed - #738 - Our current rising star
Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#726 Jane Scarlett
#728 Shanon Duncan
#730 Senora Summer
#731 Jakoda James
#733 Gavin Sands
#734 John Barrow
#735 Adam Norris
#736 Marc Wellberg
#737 Noel Blossom
#739 Danny Mason
#590 Jhin Kaur
#741 Antheia Kaur
ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
#729 Rod Rodriguez
#732 Malik Ebeid
#738 Maximillian Speed
#725 Zasheek Maleek
#722 Rasheek Maleek
#720 Jim Verchotta

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
#708 Mia Adams
#710 Theodore Finch
#712 Alfonzo Banker
#716 Amber Okami
#549 Lasheek Maleek
ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
#691 Kiril Komorov
#698 Sean Payne

ImageCorporalImage
#474 Rashard Taylor
#701 Leonardo Harris

ImageLieutenantImage
#663 Audrey Martin

ImageCaptainImage
#645 Steve Blata
    Where are they now?
    In the last year, we have lost a fair few members of High Command and fortunately, they have been replaced with arguably better members of High Command.

Ren Sanchez
    Ex-Warden Ren Sanchez resigned on May 10th, 2021 after serving as Warden for over a year and a half. A lot was changed and improved during her tenure as Warden at SADOC.

Dustin Withrow
    Ex-Deputy Warden Dustin Withrow resigned on May 25th shortly after the resignation of ex-Warden Ren Sanchez.

Reina Moraine
    Ex-Assistant Warden Reina Moraine was discharged on 15th February. After a few months, she joined LSEMS where she has worked her way up to the rank of EMT-Intermediate.
    She is still a close friend of the members of SADOC.

Wes McLoughlin
    Ex-Assistant Warden Wes McLoughlin resigned on the 7th September. He applied to LSSD where he was a trainee for a week before resigning.
    Yearly Reviews
      This year the SADOC has received a KELP review of

Here are some reviews from inmates:

"The rooms were nice but the inmate beat me far too much."

"The showers were the highlight of my stay. Big Tyrone knows how to keep you company on those winter nights."

"They fixed my broken penis, it was misaligned for years!!!!!!!"

Correctional Intervention Corps Division Update

The Correctional Intervention Corps, Commonly referred to as CIC, is responsible for ensuring the safety of the prison and everyone in and around it. They are our personal line of defense and tasked with responding to incidents, riots, cell extractions, mass searches, or disturbances within the prison. They may also be required to aid when dealing with uncooperative or violent inmates. Moreover, it is CIC's job to ensure the success and safety of high-risk prison transports. The CIC division is a mandatory division for all supervisors and above but is also optional for lower ranks to join but with a stricter process. This is to ensure all supervisors are trained in the base-level experience for dealing with situations within the prison.

SCO Audrey Hartwell, Correctional Intervention Corps wrote: 2021 brought a lot of change to the Correctional Intervention Corps. Following the retirement of Wes McLoughlin, I was appointed the new commander of CIC, and along with a change in leadership, we saw lots of changes in the division too.
      Torsten Church from the LSPD taught me everything I know about advanced combat and tactics, and still continues to be my inspiration for ideas I build for CIC to this day.
      In 2021, CIC saw a complete restructure along with new exciting additions. New weapons were brought into the loadouts of all our operatives, and a new ranking structure and tactical combat training were introduced into the lifecycle of a CIC Operative introduction.

Being the lead of CIC has been an exciting journey. I joined DOC with the intent to work alongside Wes Mcloughlin in CIC, so when his retirement came around, I was quite surprised however very grateful when I was offered the position of Commander to replace Wes. It was a very heavy mantle to take within my grasp, however, I have taken it on with pride, and it has been the most exciting experience I've had within my career at DOC.

CIC has a lot of potential in 2022. With myself and Steve Blata at the helm of CIC, we plan on taking CIC to another level, with more scheduled advanced combat training, and opening the division up to new talent, and upskilling our current operatives to be able to coach and train new operatives in special tactics training. We're aiming for the stars in 2022 and with our current team, I'm confident our goals are very achievable!
      Captain Steve Blata, Correctional Intervention Corps wrote: The Correctional Intervention Corps division has been operating better than no other time prior to SCO Audrey Hartwell taking over, CIC has been subject to major changes and a complete rank restructure while introducing new and advanced weaponry into the division. The process leading to being appointed as Assistant Commander of CIC has been fueled with restless workdays, and extensive research to produce a new training plan for operatives ensuring the maximum safety and stability of the DOC when CIC is paged. The division has been introduced to new training plans focused on high priority prison transports and cellblock operations, with a new probationary stage implemented for newcomers. CIC this year has been in one of its best forms, all thanks to High Command for putting their faith in Hartwell and me.

Having the privilege of leading CIC as Assistant Commander has been full of anticipation and hard work. Reaching this milestone has been one of my primary goals ever since joining DOC, with such a crucial division to ensure all operations on DOC grounds are well maintained. Being given this opportunity has reflected immensely on my wanting to provide more for this division, and with the upcoming year, new plans are already in the early stages of preparation.

The primary work and restructure of this division have been completed. My next mission alongside Commanding Officer Hartwell is to maintain our operatives with new training procedures and protocols already in plans. We strive for expanding our division, welcoming new operatives while ensuring our capabilities of providing aid and taking over a situation when necessary. CIC, more than any other time, can finally and proudly be considered as a progressively developing division aspiring to achieve the impossible.
      Correctional Field Training Division Update

The Correctional Training Division, commonly referred to as CFT, is the centralized hub for all non-department-specific training. Earlier this year we split up our Human Resources division into 2 divisions, one that primarily focuses on recruitment which is still known as HR, and CFT which focuses on getting mandatory training done for new recruits for their Academies as well as optional general training all staff can receive during their time at the SADOC.

Corporal Brayton Williams, Correctional Field Training wrote:
      So many of you may be wondering, what is CFT? Well CFT or Correctional Field Training is our division that handles the training of our new trainees and officers. CFT makes sure that all officers coming through our doors are prepared for day-to-day life at the DOC and are up to our standard. CFT handles the basics like making sure our officers are able to process incoming 10-15's effectively to teaching higher ranking officers how to safely use our heavier weaponry.

So, it's hard for me to comment on the division's progress and changes over the year as I've only been head of the division for a short amount of time. However, what I can comment on is the change I've seen in the division in such a short amount of time. When I first joined, the division had been left stale. I had to put in a lot of work into the division, getting newer members of the division trained and making sure that people were being active within the division. I changed the division's structure from a number limited division to a division where anyone that is interested in the division can apply. That way, the more certified trainers we have, the quicker we are able to certify our trainees and mold them into the amazing officers we have seen so many of!

Leading CFT has been a journey for sure. I took over after the old head of the division went on an extended LOA, leaving the division to collect dust. I had a lot of work on my hands instantly. I had to sort out a lot of things like making sure people had the right certifications, recruiting people to the division, certified members of the division so they can carry out training unsupervised, and so on. Eventually, I got on top of all the work and eventually had CFT running smoothly.

My future plans for CFT would be to introduce some more training modules, with recommendations from members of the division or other officers, in general, to see what they would want to be trained on. I would just like to see the division keep running smoothly and the members of the division enjoying the division!
      Human Resources Division Update

The Human Resources Division is a really important part of the Department of Corrections and is responsible for managing the personnel files, applications, reports, hires, LOAs, resignations as well as the academy sessions each recruitment drive. HR also issues warnings and supervises all other divisions and officers to ensure that everyone follows protocol and maintains a high standard. Captain Katie Schneider is the Head of this Division working together with 6 other members that include the HR Command Team Deputy Warden Kourtney Lafleur, Captain Steve Blata, Sergeant Sarah Williams, and her Administrators and Interns Corporal Leonardo Harris, Senior Correctional Officer Sean Payne, and Senior Correctional Officer Faith Salvatore.

Captain Katie Schneider, Human Resources wrote:
      Human Resources is currently in an amazing state. Over the last year, we hired a big amount of Applicants and assisted them to become well-trained DOC Officers. One of the biggest changes last year was not only that myself Captain Katie Schneider took over the HR Division from Deputy Warden Kourtney Lafleur, we also improved on the paperwork that helps the Human Resources Team to overlook everything easier. It was and still is a huge step in my career in the Department and shows If you work hard enough you can reach your goals. The best part about leading a division is to be creative, you can bring your ideas into it, and work together side by side with an amazing and talented team. Working together as a Team is an important part of HR and your opinions and ideas will always be respected. My plans for Human Resources are to find the best prison guards in Los Santos and improve training for Officers, especially for Correctional Trainees.
      Corporal Leonardo Harris, Human Resources wrote:
      When I joined the SADOC I had no clue what I wanted within this position. That was until I was approached by Captain Katie Schneider about joining Human Resources, so I did. I must say It is my favorite division within the SADOC and I'm glad I made the decision to join the team. Learning how to conduct the hiring, training, and paperwork was very intimidating at first. Despite how nervous I was, I continued to learn and with the help of such an amazing HR command team I was able to make it to where I am today. I can proudly say that my team and I have trained and helped guide many of our Correctional Officers that are currently deployed at Bolingbroke Penitentiary. For myself I can confidently say that I will be continuing to work hard within Human Resources division to ensure the highest standard is being achieved for the benefit of our future Correctional Officers.
      Captain Steve Blata, Human Resources wrote:
      Human Resources is the principal division of SADOC. During the past year, we have contributed to maximizing employee productivity through training programs, academies, physical tests, and most importantly protocols and regulations. 2021's HR Team has gone above and beyond in recruiting and training Correctional Officers, developing new procedures, and maintaining a healthy productive environment. I have reached HR Command with the will to provide my efforts into ensuring that all operations are performed as expected, and officers are receiving the training and knowledge they need in order to handle any given situation. SADOC's Human Resources division right now is in one of its best forms with an experienced and cooperative team, the better is yet to come!
      Felon Reformation Division Update

The Felon Reformation Division, commonly referred to as FRD, is the newest of the Department of Corrections Special divisions. The goal is to form programs to reform inmates who are looking for a second chance at life and reintegrate them back into society. They also work alongside businesses and organizations to get them jobs when they otherwise would not.

Sergeant Caroline Mathew, Felon Reformation Division wrote: Felon Reformation Division is one of the good divisions in SADOC, The Felon Reformation Division has reformed and reintegrated 2 Ex-Felon's and got them a job at the Government Jobs and we are really proud of it and we would keep reforming and reintegrating Ex-Felon's and offer them a good life. Me being leading the division feels good and I would love to see the division being improved and would like to see more and more Ex-Felon's being reformed and reintegrated back to the society. My future plan for this division is to make sure more Ex-Felons are reformed and reintegrated back to the society and to make Felon Reformation Division one of the best divisions in SADOC.
      Correctional Medical Team Division Update

CMT is SADOC's response team to all injuries for both employees and inmates alike. The CMT has two branches, medical and psychological. The medical branch specializes in the treatment and cares for all sorts of injuries. Although the psychological branch has its own responsibilities it is still required to have basic medical training and the ability to perform most medical branch responsibilities if required. The psychological branch focuses mainly on therapy and the understanding of our inmates, as well as mental illnesses and treatments. The CMT division may often work with LSEMS to ensure proper treatment with their patients is carried out if an inmate's sentence ends but they still require treatment.

Sergeant Sarah Williams, Correctional Medical Team wrote:
      Over the past year, CMT has changed slightly but is still the core to a healthy SADOC and her inmates. We have expanded the physical knowledge of the team through both research and necessity, and the hard work of the members of the team. Dep. Warden Nakamura handed over the team to me in September, and it's been an honor to lead it. Our Psych branch has partnered with the Felon Reformation Program to offer free services to those in need, in addition to their tireless work with the inmates and officers. In the next year I hope to strengthen the medical knowledge of the team as well and continue to work with the Correctional Intervention Corps in cases of emergency.
      Deputy Warden Kourtney Lafleur, Correctional Medical Team - Psych wrote:
      I took over as head of Psych in 2020 and have run the sub-division for the entire year.
      The year started off very strong as we were constantly engaging with inmates to try and assist their mental health with constant meetings and psychiatric evaluations. During this time I also joined CRU in LSEMS and incorporated some of the details from CRU into the Psych Division at SADOC.
      A huge part of Psych this year has been dealing with hostage negotiation. As the self-appointed head of negotiation, I have dealt with dozens of situations in the past year. During September, there were 3 days in a row of non-stop prison breaks and negotiations but luckily it has been quiet recently. I just knocked on wood.
      During the year I have spent a lot of time with Bathsheba's learning about their religion and Flarg. I also wrote up a lot of training for Psych applicants and an hour-long Psych training with lots of really fun stuff.
      Groundskeeping Division Update

The groundskeeping division, commonly referred to as GK, is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the prison and its assets. They strive to keep everything in peak condition so everyone can work in a safe and well-maintained environment.

SCO Mike Patrick, Groundskeeping wrote:
      I joined the DOC 5 months ago and Grounds-keeping was my very first division. Ever since I joined the division I enjoyed every single moment and loved working for the division. In the last couple of months, the Grounds-keeping division had 3 or 4 different leaders. I am running the division for about 1 month and I hope I am making it better every single day. With the help of the others Ground-keeping members, we're making the DOC a safer and a better place for everyone, the guards, the inmates, and the people who are visiting the facility. Grounds-keeping might sound like hard work (cleaning, fixing, installing new things, etc.) but for a place like DOC, Grounds-keeping is a must and I'd like to thank every member of the division.

Leading the division isn't easy. I need to take care of the paperwork, new applications and need to make sure that everything is running smoothly. Even though it's not easy, I LOVE leading the division and I'm trying to improve it by learning new things about leading a division.

My future plan for the division is to make it run smoothly and to keep everything in peak condition. I also want the people in the division to understand how important the work of our division is.
      Public Relations Division Update

Public Relations handle the communication and public image of the San Andreas Department of Corrections. They deal with the social media management on the lifeinvader social network, managing the SADOC page as well as keeping an eye on employees' public pages to ensure they display the department in good light. Community outreach and press releases to get the public more involved and updated on the happenings of the department as well as media relations and production to ensure photography and recording of DOC activities are within guidelines, especially if it's made public. Crisis management is also something the PR team handle which is damage control of anything that shines a bad light on the DOC if it becomes public knowledge, either on or off duty.
      Lastly, inter-personnel communication would fall under this division to ensure everybody is communicated the right information the appropriate way.

Warden Solomon Cobb, Public Relations wrote:
      We have strived within the Public Relations division to keep these press releases frequent and consistent whilst also offering a glimpse to the public of our internal workings, decisions made, and what goes on behind the locked doors of Bolingbroke Penitentiary State Prison. Public image is a key part of our organization and something I have pushed to improve in the almost 2 years I have been working at the SADOC.

Internally, I introduced Internal Announcements which allow for better conveying of information to the rest of the staff so they can be up-to-date on information and things discussed during meetings as well as new decisions made by supervisors and/or command staff. On top of this, we underwent a government website restructure to make information easier to obtain not only for general staff but for those officers in divisions. Discussions are now easier to follow as well as archives kept.

Events have also been something we've been doing both internally and externally through the public relations division, to the public, this has come in the form of some social media competitions for awareness and also recruitment drives open to the public.
      Moving forward we will be continuing this trend of open transparency to the public so keep an eye on press releases such as this one!
      Department Statistics

When looking back at 2021, it's important to review our statistics and show complete transparency. We conduct these statistics so the public and our employees can look back at the progress we have made as an apartment! There will be a glance at the total numbers for each section and then a closer look at some of our statics throughout the year.
      • Employee Changes:
        Promotions
        Demotions
        Suspensions
        Resignations
        Terminations

Recruitment
        Total Applications
        Accepted
        Denied
        Reinstatements
      • Officer Reports
        Processing Reports
        Duty Reports
        CFT Reports
        Solitary Reports
        Code 1 Reports
        CIC reports:
        Force 5 Reports

IA Reports
        Total cases
        Accepted Casses
        Denied Casses

Processing Reports
      The activity has stayed increasingly steady for the DOC. The graph shows each month how many 10-15's have been through the doors of DOC. Each time an officer processes a 10-15 they are required to fill in a report. It has become slightly slow during the end of the year, but we assume that criminals are too busy celebrating Halloween and Christmas to commit crimes.

Officer Behavior
      Officers have been thriving at DOC. As mentioned in other sections, they have been showing great behaviors/attitudes that meet more than our expectations. Still, it's worth noting we do have some demotions and suspensions. Here at the DOC, we ensure that all officers are held to the same stand. This means in rare cases they will be punished for unprofessional behavior.

Recruitment
      The statistics for the recruitment side of DOC show a steady flow when it comes to applications. This year's numbers do show a slow recruitment drive for the DOC, however, we have accepted many great applicants. Our denied applications show that at the DOC we have a high standard for bringing officers into the department, so we will deny people if they do not reach those standards.

Internal Affairs
      Internal Affairs has seen a decrease in cases made towards officers this year, which is a positive outlook for the DOC. However, as shown in the numbers above we take each case seriously and the IA team will accept reports if they show any misconduct or not follow protocols. We believe in being fair at the DOC and our numbers show for this.

NOTE: If anyone does need to report an officer for any misconduct, they can find the IA section HERE
      Recruitment Status
      Recruitment
       ! Message from: Human Resources Command
      Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
        • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
      • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
        • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
      • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
      • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
      • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
        • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
      • Additional Requirements:
        • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
        • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
        • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
        • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
      Closing Message from the Warden
      And that concludes the 2021 year in review, a special shout-out to our division leaders for the summaries of their divisions as well as both Deputy Wardens for their contributions with many of the sections of this special press release.
      This year has brought many changes to the Department of Corrections such as myself becoming Warden halfway through the year where started to shift the image of Bolingbroke Penitentiary from one of violence and questionable actions to one of rehabilitation, understanding, and accountability. It is not without the efforts of my amazing command staff, supervisory staff, and everyone else within my general staff that I could have shaped the department into what it is today.

As always I hope this offers insight into the things we do here at Bolingbroke Penitentiary, if you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to me by email.

Solomon Cobb
      Warden
      San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Kourtney Lafleur
      Deputy Warden

[email protected]

Yuki Nakamura
      Deputy Warden