General Information:
OFFICERS NAME: (N/A If Unknown) Tim Havlicek
BADGE NUMBER: 8417
ATTORNEY NAME:
ATTORNEY PHONE:
Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): 06/01/2022, Roughly 1900hrs

CHARGES BEING APPEALED: Failure to comply and Giving false information

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS: (any evidence attached must pertain to or somehow involve the situation)
So this all started when I was driving down to the docks where new imported cars come in and out of the city to see what I could buy. I saw my friends vehicle on the other side of the road so I pulled over on the opposite side of the road to not interfere with a stop thar was taking place on my friends vehicle. 20 seconds after I pulled up I saw a sultan racing past with cops chasing after the car I just sat and watched as the cars flew by but that's when one of the cop cars that had pulled my friend over decided to pull me over even though I'm legally parked and not causing any bother. He asked me to turn off my engine and before he got out my friend decided to evade so the officer left me and chased my friend instead. I started to make my way over to DOC ready for my friend to be taken there and this is where officer Tim Havlicek scanned my license plate of my Issi to get my name and he wanted to see my license to see if I was the owner. I asked him why and he said that he believed I was racing with that sultan side by side he said when on any bodycam footage I'm sure that I was parked a good 20 seconds before a sultan came by so I cant of been racing and I was going the speed limit and parked up 20 seconds before that speeding sultan. After that lie told by the officer he said "I could have been speeding or lane swerving and so he was just speculating what I could've done which I explained to him that him guessing is no reasonable proof that I did anything illegal. I didn't want to show the officer my license as he was trying to pin charges on me for racing that he accused me of with no proof whatsoever. After many back and forth he went outside and called for a tow truck to impound my vehicle, at the time I did not know that he was calling a tow truck and so I got in my vehicle and he blocked me in and stood in front of my car to trap me in and proceeded to arrest me. I complied and told him many times that it was unlawful and his actions are all on guesses and speculation he then decided to search me and take my keys and license he was asking questions like "does he have his license revoked" to the other officer and after finding out there's nothing incriminating on my license he asked why I wouldn't give him my license and the officer failed to understand that if someone is asking something of me that I don't feel like the officer has good intentions and I've done nothing wrong that I had the right to protect my identity. After saying no many times he failed to understand what no meant and forced me to show my license. he also opened my car which I was against and was an illegal search as there was no probable cause only speculation so he searched without a warrant or asking for my consent. Then the officer stated "is there anything illegal in there" it seemed apparent to me that not wanting my private information public was somehow meaning to the officer I must be illegal and not just want my basic rights violated which he didn't seem to understand after searching everything and finding nothing illegal. I was locked away for 30 months and fined $1600 this has caused me mental stress and I now have a mistrust for the police due to this incident and so has affected me negatively, I feel my rights have been violated and my reputation has been tarnished by these charges. I only have limited dashcam footage that I thankfully turned on before getting arrested. However, the audio is really low for them as they spoke quietly but you should be able to hear me explaining to them that after no proof and just speculation that after illegally searching my car without asking my permission without a warrant that my arrest was unlawful and has caused me financial stress and time loss due to my unlawful imprisonment.
(( https://streamable.com/uoyxwa ))
(( https://streamable.com/mcan86 ))
(( https://streamable.com/jlg322 ))
Signed,
Jack Betts

Ophelia Panes
ECRP Forum Name: Birbiez

Re: Jack Betts v. Police Department | Docket #

Post by Ophelia Panes »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Your Honor,

My name is Ophelia Panes, and I will be acting as counsel for the appellant, Mr. Betts in this case. I will be taking the upcoming weeks to meet with my client and familiarize myself with the details of the case, please allow me an appropriate amount of time to do so.

Sincerely,
    Ophelia Panes
    Attorney At Law
    #333-4674 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Mr. Betts,

The courts have looked into your case and reviewed the dashcam footage provided. Due to the admission of guilt in the last clip starting at 4:33 and ending at 4:38 you stated, "I could've been nice, but he was just an [CENSORED] from the start so I'm not gonna comply with him." Also you stated in the appeal, "and the officer failed to understand that if someone is asking something of me that I don't feel like the officer has good intentions and I've done nothing wrong that I had the right to protect my identity." I'm not sure where you got this information but it is incorrect, the law enforcement officer was conducting a lawful investigation due to the reasonable suspicion of you committing a crime, you must comply with the officers and identify yourself during the investigation which you failed to do.

This case is now closed and cannot be reopened unless ordered by the Chief Justice of San Andreas. Thank you.

Respectfully,
    Chief Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”