Monthly Newsletter September 2021

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Argus Sneijder
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Newsletter September 2021

Post by Argus Sneijder »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Agent Argus Sneijder
    September has been a surprising month in terms of development for the Sheriff's Department. Our supervisor team is still growing and we have an additional 2 supervisors in training now. We also have a lot of trainees who recently passed their training. With this new batch of deputies, we expect quicker response times in the field and better coverage of our jurisdiction.

Recently we have also had increased communications with the judicial branch and seen changes to procedures to ensure better working relationships. But we must admit our relations with the justice branch are still in it's infancy. But we will be having a combined event aimed at better relations between departments.

With September being over schools have officially started. We still urge the public to drive safely and follow the road rules. Our tough attitude against bus drivers seems to also have had a positive effect on traffic safety in our county. And we would like to thank Staff Sergeant Porter for leading the highway enforcement division in this.
    Agent Argus Sneijder

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff II Bert Martin
    Our deputy of the Month for the Month of September is Deputy Sheriff II Bert Martin. Deputy Sheriff II Bert Martin managed to clock over 200 hours and file over 50 reports during the month of September. Deputy Sheriff II Bert Martin is active most in the Highway enforcement division and also a competent member of our field training division.

Deputy Martin has proven to be a great asset to the department. He is actively working in the field, being quick in responses, and we got nothing but praise from the community. The diligence & determination, deputy Martin shows stand out in specific and we are all proud to have him wearing our badge and representing our department in the public. Argus Martin has nothing but a bright future in his Law Enforcement Career.

On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff II Bert Martin will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).

STORY OF THE MONTH
New Addition to Our Fleet
-
  • Commissioner Carter called for PD METRO and SD SED to bring units and two flatbeds each to the Los Santos International Airport. When units arrived we met with the Commissioner as a white cargo plane landed on the air field. Two pilots got out of the plane and unloaded two Sheriff's High Speed Juglars and two Police High Speed Juglars. Commissioner Carter gave over custody of the new fleet vehicles to their respective departments and we loaded them onto the flatbeds. The Sheriff's Department convoyed both vehicles up to the county and unloaded one into the Sandy Station garage and one into the Paleto Station garage. Below you will find pictures of the new Jugular along with some taken at the airfield.

With the arrival of our newest addition to the Sheriff's Department vehicular line-up, the streets have never been better served, nor protected. This latest addition, the Jugular, matches the performance of the most high-spec performance vehicles money can buy; this vehicle will stop at nothing to put any menaces to society behind bars. At present, no specific rank authority has been drawn up for the Jugular though we hope to see it in action very soon.

This new addition to the line-up comes off the back of increased public pressure for a high-performance pursuit vehicle which doesn't look like it has come from the garage of some Saudi Prince. No more shall the criminals of Los Santos gawk at the majesty of the Vacca, or the curves of the T20 - they shall now tremble in fear at the might that the Jugular provides.

From all of us here at the Sheriff's Department, we would like to thank the commissioners for these new vehicles, and, hopefully, you won't have to see the Jugular in action!

Written by Master Deputy Colt Daniels & Deputy Sheriff II Mannfred Valentine
    Spoiler

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Agent Charlie Wilkinson

This month our deputy spotlight goes to Agent Charlie Wilkinson one of the agents in our Detention and Parole bureau. Agent Charlie Wilkinson has demonstrated impeccable work effort and work ethic all throughout his career with the department, he currently is starting his training to become a supervisor.

As a deputy Agent Wilkinson was a good example of the values our department stands for. In general Agent Wilkinson can be described as a diligent and hard-working department member we are proud to have.

The Sheriff's Information Division contacted Deputy Handley to get greater insight of him as a person;
    When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?

I joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department as a Deputy Sheriff I back in April, when I transferred over from the Bone County Sheriff's Department.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favourite thing about being a Deputy is helping the upstanding citizens of the County wherever I can, whether it be finding their stolen car or guiding them to the closest store.
    I also take great pride in the christian values that we uphold in the County.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    Every second I spend on shift is memorable. Every situation is different and even if things sometimes aren't going well or aren't playing out like we thought they would, they still are still valuable lessons that we all should cherish.
    If there is one thing I will never forget however, it is the roll call at Sandy Station that turned into a stretching and yoga lesson.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I was already a Deputy Sheriff in my time before the LSSD, so it was natural to me to submit a transfer request when I had to move to San Andreas for family reasons.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The single greatest feeling I feel during my time is whenever we succesfully manage to bring justice to the county and it's citizens.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    I hope to be in a supervisory position in 2 months from now. I also hope to continue to be able to put a large amount of work and effort into the various divisions that I am a member of. I aspire to be a Deputy that the County can be proud of having.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    I am an avid car collector and always attempt to make my collection of cars larger and more unique.
    -

PROMOTIONS

• Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Nica Dumitru
    Image Sergeant ► Image Staff Sergeant
    • Christopher Porter
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Joe Olson
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Victoria McJohnson
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Darryl Lincoln (Transfer)
    • Dante Archer
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Tom Handley
    • Gary Sanderson (Transfer)
    • Jackson Walter
    • Soap Montasser
    • Jacob West
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Sergio Livanos
    • Alex Mathews
    • Levi Handley
    • Michael Keen
    • Brian Strange
    • Sung Jinwoo
    • Ricardo Hernandez (Transfer)
    • Madison Hall
    • Oscar Black
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Maxwell Miller
    • Ryker Stone
    • James Deaton
    • Jett Albright
    • Glen Davis
    • Bern Bryant
    • Mike Bradey
    • Louise Hoffman
    • Lucifero Whitlock

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. November has a lot of things in store for the Sheriff's Department, within the next few weeks, we'll be having Halloween. We are quite excited for a combined event with the judicial branch planned for Halloween. Where Sheriff Wallace himself made it possible to win a ride-a-long with him.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”