General Information:
OFFICERS NAME: (N/A If Unknown) N/A
BADGE NUMBER: N/A
ATTORNEY NAME: N/A
ATTORNEY PHONE: N/A
Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): 28/NOV/2021 Around 6:30pm EST

CHARGES BEING APPEALED: Attempted Grand Theft Auto

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS: (any evidence attached must pertain to or somehow involve the situation)
I Went to the Los Santos Customs in the city to get my car repaired as it was heavily damaged. When I got there I saw some guy and went up to him and jokily said "Is this a free car" and he immediately reacted hostile saying "Fuck off before I beat your fucking skull in" Which I pulled out a knife and said "Oh will you now" because I wasn't sure if he was serious or not and didn't want him to try anything and he said "Yeah I will" and pulled out a crowbar then swung at me. Luckily to me he missed his first swing and we got into a fight and I stabbed him twice, He then hit me once and I stabbed him twice again. I then ran back to my car and tried to drive away with my driver's side door open and it dragged a LS Customs worker who had a gun pointed at me. I then crashed while trying to back away and then got out of my car and complied with their requests for me to put my hands up. After which the cops showed up and I was told I was gonna get a simple Unsafe operation of motor vehicle charge. Once I arrived to the prison the officer told me that their supervisor said I would be receiving a Battery charge for the LS Customs worker I hit, and an attempted grand theft auto charge. But no where did I attempt to steal any vehicles. I Believe I was wrongfully charged with attempted grand theft auto.

Signed,
Fname Lname

Last edited by Judith Mason on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added docket number
Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Re: F. Brian L. McFarland | (28/NOV/2021) | Docket # _____________

Post by Hugh Allgood »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Re: Brian McFarland
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it concerns,

I will represent Mr. McFarland in this appeal if it should be accepted by the court, and should Mr. McFarland wish to employ an attorney in his defense.

From

Hugh R. Allgood
    State Attorney
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: F. Brian L. McFarland | (28/NOV/2021) | Docket # _____________

Post by Judith Mason »

! Message from: San Andreas Judicial Branch
(( Mr. McFarland,

Your body camera footage link has been removed as you have not provided proof of body camera RP along with it. Should you have proof of camera RP, you may resubmit the footage, but to prevent potential metagaming with OOC footage, for the time being the link will be removed. ))
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Re: Brian McFarland v. Police Department | Docket #21-11-28-AP-020

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

My name is Associate Justice Judith Mason and I will be presiding over this case - it is now considered ACTIVE and the assigned docket number will be #21-11-28-AP-020.

At this time, I would like Attorney Allgood to confirm that he has been in contact with and will be representing Mr. McFarland, and I will be reaching out to available attorneys to find representation for the Los Santos Police Department. Once representation is found and confirmed on the docket, the discovery phase will begin and evidence can be submitted to the court.

Respectfully,

Judith Mason
    Associate Justice
Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Brian McFarland | Charge Appeal

• Honorable Judith Mason,

I have not had any contact from my client, despite my attempts to reach him via phone or e-mail.

If the court wishes, I can work to defend him in absentia. However, this will ultimately limit my ability to adequately cover all legal bases in his defense. I am awaiting for the response of the court on how to proceed.

From

Hugh R. Allgood
    Senior Attorney
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Counselor Allgood,

Considering you have not had any contact with your client regarding the circumstances of his arrest, I agree that your ability to represent him will be hindered and I believe it to be beyond an acceptable amount. I am giving Mr. McFarland seven (7) days to make contact with either yourself or the court regarding his wishes to move forward with this case, otherwise it will be dismissed. The deadline will be February 16th, 2022 at 11:59pm (( UTC )).

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

COURT DECISION - 21-11-28-AP-020

IN THE APPEALS COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

Brian McFarland v. Los Santos Police Department
21-11-28-AP-020

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED: ATTEMPTED GRAND THEFT AUTO

A decision was reached in the above case on the 17th day of February, 2022.

• The case of [21-11-28-AP-020] Brian McFarland v. Los Santos Police Department has hereby been dismissed by this court.

The appellant in this case has failed to respond to multiple attempts by his attorney to communicate and discuss the details of his case and, therefore, appropriate representation cannot be obtained in order to ensure a fair trial. As such, this court will make no determinations of the guilt or innocence of Mr. McFarland.

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”