Post by Naomi Mizuno »

Los Santos Police Department

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Naomi Mizuno
Your Phone Number: 292-1448
Your Position in Your Agency: Writer
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email ((and/or Iriael#7569))
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 28/OCT/2021 03:40 (E.g. 16/SEP/19 13:00)
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

There was a massive shootout in front of Weazel News HQ around 03:00 in which SD + PD came and handled. We believe the incident to be gang related but would love an official statement on the incident. We would like to thank all Law Enforcement for keeping us safe and secure, and look forward to the response we get.
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear @Naomi Mizuno,

I hope you are doing well first and foremost.

We are currently in the process of surveying information for your request, a response will follow within the next 48 hours that will hopefully contain the information you are looking for. If you have further concerns or questions, feel free to forward them in the meanwhile. Thank you for your understanding, we value your patience.

• Sincerely,
    Police Lieutenant I Tim Havlicek
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• @Naomi Mizuno,

At around approximately 0200 the Los Santos Police Department responded to a number of 911 shooting-related calls in Little Seoul. The first arriving units came under heavy gunfire from automatic weapons wielded by affiliated gang members in and around the alleyways of Little Seoul - the reason behind the shooting is being investigated as it presumed it had occurred between two rival gangs. The Los Santos County Sherriff's Department responded to the incident per request of the Los Santos Police Department as units on the ground sought cover and awaited backup. A perimeter was established as more units arrived - two suspects were incapacitated and secured before basic life support was provided, while one Police Officer was injured and taken to Mount Zonah Medical for treatment along with the suspects.

A helicopter unit was deployed for the incident for overwatch and spotted six individuals - suspects on the scene hiding out on a rooftop within the secure perimeter. The Metropolitan Division was responding to the incident, as well as the Special Enforcement Detail of the Los Santos County Sherriff's Department who later moved in on the remaining suspects. The six individuals opened fire towards Officers and Deputies before they were shot down by a Marksman Unit of the Metropolitan Division and assaulting Metropolitan Operatives providing coverage for the scene from a nearby building. All six suspects were secured and provided basic life support after it was verified they no longer posed a threat. Unfortunately, one Officer that was injured in the exchange of fire was pronounced deceased on the scene after succumbing to injuries. 3 individuals involved in the shooting were also pronounced deceased at the scene of the crime by medical units.

In total 5 suspects were arrested, some later in connection to the shooting and premeditated murder of the Officer. All suspects were positively identified as members of a local street gang by the Gang and Narcotics Division before they were sent to the Department of Corrections for processing. An estimate of 7 illegal firearms were seized during the situation - 2 being high caliber, automatic weapons. We mourn the passing of our colleague and fellow Officer who made the ultimate sacrifice that day.

• Sincerely,
    Police Lieutenant I Tim Havlicek
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”