OFFICERS NAME: Glen Davis
BADGE NUMBER: #20806
ATTORNEY NAME:
ATTORNEY PHONE:
Incident Information:

DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s):9/OCT/21 Unknown Time
CHARGES BEING APPEALED:Possession of an Illegal Firearm
DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS:
I had received a phone call from a friend who informed me that he needed a ride to the city parking lot. I got onto my motorcycle and decided to go pick him up, I did not at the time think to check the contents of the vehicle (It is a shared vehicle that several other people have keys to). I picked my friend up and then started to give him a ride to the parking lot. While driving, I realized that there was a firearm (.50 Pistol) in the vehicle. Being that I had a valid firearms license to carry a .50, I took the firearm from the compartment and stowed it on my person. I was stopped by Deputy Davis for speeding at which point he asked to see my firearms license which I gladly showed him. He then asked to see my firearm and I handed it over to him. He said that he ran the serial number of the gun through his computer and found that the weapon was illegally imported through what he called a “shipment”. I apologized and told him that I must have the wrong gun and attempted to explain that several other people have access to this motorcycle, but he replied with “I don’t care”. I complied with all of Mr. Davis’ requests and commands and was arrested for the Possession of an Illegal Firearm. I am asking the court for leniency in my case. I have always been an upstanding citizen for the long time that I have been around, and I don’t believe that the charge of “Possession of an Illegal Firearm” fits in this case. At most, I could understand the charging of “Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm”, but this was a misunderstanding, and I was hoping that the Officer would take my lack of criminal record into account. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Signed, Joseph Dredd
Letov Vladislav
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Joseph Dredd | (25/OCT/21) | Docket # _____________

Post by Letov Vladislav »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Personal Email
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Your Honor,

The appellant Joseph Dredd sought out for an attorney and made a visit to the court house this 25th of October. After a brief conversation he requested that I take on this case. I have a rather large workload currently but I'd be honored to take on his appeal.

From

State Attorney Letov Vladislav
Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Re: Joseph Dredd|Charge Appeal

• Your Honor,

After consultation with Attorney Vladislav, I will represent Mr. Dredd in his appeal.

I will reach out to my client, and will be ready to proceed at the court’s discretion.

From

Hugh R. Allgood
    State Attorney
Fitz Keegan
Police Officer II
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Post by Fitz Keegan »

Re: Joseph Dredd | (25/OCT/21) | Docket # _____

• Your Honor,

I will be representing Deputy Sheriff II Glen Davis in this appeal. I will be reaching out to the Deputy in the coming days to familiarize him with this case. Thank you.

From

State Attorney Fitz Keegan
    State Attorney
    (909) 371-8669 - [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Joseph Dredd | (25/OCT/21) | Docket #21-10-25-AP-014

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counsellors,

The case of Joseph Dredd v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department has now been set to an ACTIVE status. At this time I ask that both parties submit all evidence and motions you would like to submit within the next ten (10) days and we will schedule a hearing once that is completed. If you need further time for this due to the holiday season please reach out to me, Thank you.

From
    Appellate Judge
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Motion to Compel Discovery

Honorable : Colt Daniels
  • We the defense in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Joseph Dredd vs. Los Santos County Sheriffs Department
    Assigned Court Case Number: 21-10-25-AP-014
    Requesting Party: Defense
    Party Members: Joseph Dredd through his attorney, Hugh R. Allgood
    Discovery from: Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Type of Discovery: Physical evidence & document request
    • Document request; Arrest report of Joseph Dredd
      Physical evidence; body camera footage from Deputy Glen Davis
    Detailed reasoning: [Provide a detail explanation as to the relevance of the discovery request]
    • My client was arrested by Deputy Davis during the course of a traffic stop. In order to mount an appropriate defense, I would like to review the arrest report in its entirety, and review the body camera and in-car footage of the stop and arrest.

Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely
State Attorney, Hugh R. Allgood
Fitz Keegan
Police Officer II
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Post by Fitz Keegan »

Discovery
Discovery

• We the prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Joseph Dredd vs. Los Santos County Sheriffs Department
    Party Members: Joseph Dredd through his attorney, Hugh R. Allgood
    Exhibit #1: LSSD
    Type of Discovery: Document Request
    • Arrest Report of Joseph Dredd
    • All Information from the Discovery This document is the full arrest report of Joseph Dredd on 2021-10-09. It includes four exhibits that provide extra detail to the arrest.
► Show Spoiler
Exhibit #2: The second request of the defendant is the body camera footage of the arrest from former deputy Glen Davis. I sent an email to Mr. Davis as of December 4th, 2021 regarding this footage and have yet to receive a response. I personally went to the sheriffs department and asked if they had any of the footage and was only the arrest report was available. Apologies.

Sincerely
State Attorney, F, Keegan
Fitz Keegan
Police Officer II
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Post by Fitz Keegan »

Joseph Dredd | (25/OCT/21) | Docket #21-10-25-AP-014|

• Your Honor,

I would like to request a motion for summary judgment. With the reasoning I will provide, I believe the appellant has no real prospect of success and therefore there is no reason for this case to continue.

Mr. Dredd admitted in his appeal to actions that are in clear violation to LSPD’s Firearms Bureau regulations regarding the personal ownership of a legal firearm.

Mr. Dredd admitted in his appeal that the deputy ran the serial number of the .50 pistol he possessed through the MDC and it returned as being falsified and illegally imported into the state. This would warrant the charge WF03 Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons defined in the penal code as “Illegally possessing any type of firearm, weapon, parts of a firearm/weapon, ammunition or a firearm without a serial number”. This was confirmed by an arrest report filed by the former deputy Glen Davis on 10/9/2021 that I requested from the Los Santos Sheriff’s Department that is currently in evidence.
    From

State Attorney
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Re: 21-10-25-AP-014

• Honorable Colt Daniels,

We, the defense, are prepared to contest this motion for summary judgement.

First and foremost, the court does not have all the facts in front of it to render an appropriate decision. Although, the facts of Mr. Dredd providing a firearm to Deputy Davis is not contested, there are a few legal issues I am preparing to raise with this court. Mr. Dredd filed an appeal with this court, and Mr. Dredd deserves an actual opportunity to contest these charges which were placed on him, and I am prepared to assist Mr. Dredd in this matter.

I am filing another motion for discovery within moments of submitting this response to Mr. Keegan's motion for summary judgement, and do plan to file additional motion(s) in the immediate future.

As far as Mr. Dredd's supposed admissions of violating LSPD Firearm's bureau regulations, these regulations are administrative regulations, and the bureau has taken administrative action against Mr. Dredd's firearm's license. Mr. Dredd and I are not fighting charges or actions taken by the LSPD, we are fighting actions taken by the LSSD.

Respectfully,

From

Hugh R. Allgood
    State Attorney
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

• We the defense in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Joseph Dredd v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Party Members: Joseph Dredd, by and through his attorney Hugh R. Allgood
    Discovery from: Los Santos Police Department's Firearms Licensing Bureau and/or Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Type of Discovery: Document / records request
      • Any, and all, records in possession by the Los Santos Police Department's Firearms Licensing Bureau pertaining to the firearms license for Joseph Dredd (to include application, confirmation of receipt of license, any records of license suspension or revocation with accompanying reasons, and dates of any actions taken upon Joseph Dredd's firearm's license.
      • Any, and all, records in possession by either the Los Santos Police Department's Firearms Licensing Bureau or Los Santos County Sheriff's Department pertaining to the reporting of Joseph Dredd's firearm as stolen (to include information on whether or not this firearm was recovered). Records to include dates in which the firearm was reported stolen, recovered, etc.
    Detailed reasoning:
    • In the evidence we received during discovery, Deputy Glen Davis states my client's weapons license was suspended for 7 days, and that he submitted a request to have Mr. Dredd's license removed. I do not see any where in the penal code where a person's gun license is suspended for a length of 7 days, and the arrest report is not clear whether the license was suspended for 7 days by LSPD or by Deputy Davis. So, I want to receive any and all records LSPD Firearms licensing bureau has regarding Mr. Dredd's firearm's license.

Secondly, Deputy Davis indicates he looked up Mr. Dredd's registered firearms, and determines Mr. Dredd had only one firearm registered to him, and this firearm was reported stolen. Deputy Davis does not include any information as to what investigation, if any, he did on this other than automatically assuming Mr. Dredd was unlawfully possessing the firearm he had on his person. So, I want to receive any and all records LSPD has regarding Mr. Dredd's registered firearm, including its reported loss, any recovery, etc.

Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely
State Attorney, Hugh R. Allgood
Attorney for Joseph Dredd
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

Before this case goes further I would like to have a hearing to discuss the current motions, at that hearing I would like to hear Attorney Keegans motion to for summary judgement and hear what legal issues Attorney Allgood would like to bring to the table.

Secondly if the motion gets denied and the case continues I would like to hear all motions both attorneys still plan to file so I can send them in bulk and hear them before proceeding to a trial.

I will be in contact with both sides to schedule this hearing, again if you are unable to due to the holiday season please let me know and we can hold off until both parties are back in town. Thank you.

From
    Appellate Judge
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

A Notice of Action was sent to the Sheriff's Information Division on the 21st of December 2021. The court has yet to receive a response from that notice, at this time the court will continue the case without the bodycam footage from former Deputy Sheriff II Glen Davis of the arrest of Joseph Dredd on the 9th of October, 2021 at approximately 06:55.

Like stated before, I ask all motions wait until we have a hearing before we move forward in this case. Thank you.

From
    Appellate Judge
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Joseph Dredd v. Sheriff's Department | Docket #21-10-25-AP-014

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

As to not delay this case further I am scheduling a hearing for 01/01/2022 at 7pm. ((UTC)) At this hearing I will be open to hearing any motions brought forth from either side. If this case does not conclude following an approval of any motions the case will proceed to trail.

From
    Appellate Judge
Fitz Keegan
Police Officer II
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Post by Fitz Keegan »

• Your Honor,

Due to unforeseen circumstances I will be having to remove myself from this case. All evidence I planned on using in this case has already been submitted to the court. I apologize for the timing of this drastic change.

From

State Attorney
Albert Lewis
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Albert Lewis »

• Your Honor,

My name is Albert "Big Al" Lewis and i will be taking over as acting counsel for the Los Santos Sheriff's Department in this case. I would like to continue with the motion for summary of judgement that was submitted by Mr. Keegan and I will be present at today's hearing later today at 7PM ((server)).

• Respectfully,
    Albert "Big Al" Lewis
    State Attorney

464-6046
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 21-10-25-AP-014

IN THE APPEALS COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

Joseph Dredd v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
21-10-25-AP-014

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED: POSSESSION OF ILLEGAL FIREARMS/WEAPONS

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 1st day of January, 2022.

• The case of 21-10-25-AP-014 - Joseph Dredd v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department has hereby been resolved.
    The charges applied are found to be valid and appropriately placed. The appellant will face no additional sentencing or Fines.

After a lengthy review of all evidence and statements collected a Summary Judgement was passed that the charge of Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons on the 9th of October, 2021 was the correct change & the evidence provided by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department confirmed that.

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED: Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons

Appellate Judge

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”