ATTORNEY NAME:
ATTORNEY PHONE:
General Information:
OFFICERS NAME: (N/A If Unknown) N/A
BADGE NUMBER: N/A
ATTORNEY NAME:
ATTORNEY PHONE:
Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): Evening of October the 8th, Mission Row PD, PD next to Del Pero Pier

CHARGES BEING APPEALED: Felony Evading

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS: It was a beautiful Friday morning, I was going to sell my fish after my hard working morning. As I was passing the PD next to Del Pero a officer comes speeding out of the pd in his vehicle (sirens off) hitting straight into my black ruiner, the cop does not stop, drives away and after a few seconds puts his lights on. I finally manage to find him back at the pier where a man was being arrested, asked him why he crashed into me and did not even check if i'm fine and instead did a "hit and run" on duty. I then got asked if I have bodycam footage which i replied to that I do not, and got a reply saying "no face, no case". I requested CCTV footage so I can report this but got denied by the officer, I then headed to Mission Row PD to report the officer that damaged my car and wasn't willing to pay for the damage. I parked my damaged car outside of mission row, in a place that still does not block entry for emergency vehicles as every space around the PD was blocked by cars and I didn't want to park in the middle of the street, 5 minutes passed and I hear a giant bang outside the PD. As I walk out I see a police tow truck crashed into my car, I approach the officers extremely mad at this point as my car is completely broken and I can just see the officer laughing. I ask what's so funny about this and demand money for the repairs of my vehicle. The officer refuses being extremely ignorant about the entire situation, says that he will not pay anything and says "Don't care not my issue". I then argue with him back and forth and as I try to drive away in my completely wrecked vehicle one of the pipes sticking out of the broken engine scratches his car, I then get approached by him and I try to de-escalate the situation saying that it was an accident. I then decided to give the cop the same attitude as he gave me, telling him I don't care. He then tells me to get out of my car, I refuse and ask him for a reason why I'm being told to get out of my vehicle, my question never gets answered. As the cop is not responding I say "have a nice day" and drive off. I drive away and since my vehicle is heavily damaged it can not go in a straight line resulting in my car crashing into a lamp post. I'm then approached by the same officer and he tells me to get out as he drives up to me with emergency lights disabled. I say I'm okay and drive away. I later come back to the PD where I meet a officer that actually helps me and gives me $5,000 to pay for the damages, I'm grateful go to get my vehicle repaired and return to the PD to pay my tickets with the remaining money. As I head to the counter a officer comes out and points a taser at me and tells me to put my hands up, I do not comply and ask for the reason why I'm being detained, I get told to that I'm supposed to get arrested for felony evading. I then try to talk with the now 3 officers pointing tasers at me, I keep on saying I did nothing wrong and get tased multiple times before finally getting in cuffs. I request a attorney which is provided to me and explain the whole situation in the interrogation room. That's when the officers change their story 3 times. 1st my vehicle was damaged because it was "blocking entry", 2nd my vehicle was already damaged, and the final one that they went with that my car got damaged after I span out, outside the PD which is false. I request CCTV footage from outside the PD but that gets denied and the officers deny to look over the CCTV footage from outside the PD. After arguing with the extremely rude and ignorant officers, DOC comes to take me, they're extremely nice as they take me to prison for the crime.

Signed,
Joe Roberts

Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Re: Joe Roberts | Charges Appeal | 08/10/21

Post by Hugh Allgood »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Re: Joe Roberts | Charges Appeal | 08/OCT/21
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Your honor,

My name is Hugh R. Allgood, and I will be acting as Mr. Roberts' attorney in this appeal. I will be making attempts to contact Mr. Roberts in the coming days to further advise Mr. Roberts, and will be ready to proceed if this case is taken by this court.

From

Hugh R. Allgood
    State Attorney
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

• Looking at this matter, I would suggest that Mr. Roberts pursue this via an internal affairs report as the bulk of the claims refer to officer conduct issues, and are not in contention of charges placed.
    Explanation into how the charges were acquired on the merit for the appeal of the charges is not show in the above appeal application. I would suggest you reach out to the Los Santos Police Departments Internal Affairs team and lodge a complaint.
    • From

Associate Justice Bret Hyland
      San Andreas Government
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Re: Joe Roberts Appeal

• Judge Hyland

I have spoken with my client, and although there are some conduct issues with PD, ultimately, we believe the felony evading charge occurred after a potentially unlawful detention and arrest.

I will speak with my client further on filing the IA report for the conduct issue, however, we would still request to move forward with this appeal. I will be reaching out to District Attorney Fitzgerald to request preservation of evidence from PD to await further action from this court.

From

Hugh R. Allgood
    State Attorney
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Attorney Allgood,

While looking into this case I have found that a Joe Roberts was no longer a person in this state. After speaking with members of law enforcement I found that Joe Roberts might've changed his name to Joe Fueyo with a new phone number of (909) 338-4585. Could you please reach out to your client and find out if Joe Fueyo is his new identity and if so why he neglected not update the court with this information. Thank you.

From
    Appellate Judge
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Re: Joe Roberts |Charge Appeal

• Honorable Colt Daniels,

I have been unsuccessful in reaching my client, as my text messages and phone calls to the number you found have went unreturned.

While I do believe there are still some legal issues with this case, I am leaving it to the mercy of the court as how to proceed.

From

Hugh R. Allgood
    State Attorney
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Attorney Allgood,

Due to Mr. Roberts not updating the court on the changing of his name and contact information as well as failure to make contact with the court after numerous attempts to reach him I am making the decision to dismiss the case. Thank you.

From
    Appellate Judge
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”