ATTORNEY PHONE: 4029713

General Information:
OFFICERS NAME: Peter Pearson
BADGE NUMBER: 10109
ATTORNEY NAME: N/A
ATTORNEY PHONE: N/A

Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): 07/SEP/2021

CHARGES BEING APPEALED: Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle, Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm, Failure to Comply / Identify, Criminal Threats of a Gov. Employee

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS:
On the 7th of September 2021 at around 02:00 I was pulled over on Bridge St. with after being followed for the better part of 5 minutes. The officer that pulled me over told me I was being arrested for Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle due to the fact I broke 2 road rules. 1) Speeding in the 1st Degree, I was driving 87 km/h in an 80 km/h zone. 2) Unroadworthy Vehicle, due to the fact I had broken windows. However In the State of San Andreas Penal Code it states:

"Vehicles are defined as unroadworthy when they fail to meet Minimum Safety Requirements. At the discretion of the handling officer, if your vehicle is deemed unsafe it might be towed to an impound.

A vehicle operating on public roads must meet following criteria:
• Must have WHITE or YELLOW color on lamps and reflectors, to be visible for those in front of the vehicle. *
• Indicators, lamps, side & rear view mirrors, and seatbelts must be present and undamaged.
• The vehicle must be registered with the State of San Andreas.
• The vehicle must not cause damage to road surface or structures.

* The colors that emit from your lamps and reflectors may be in a different color if the vehicle is due to attend a vehicle-related event. The vehicle may then only travel from its home destination to the event, and back. Proof of attendance should be presented to officers upon request.

Utility vehicle operators are expected to be conscious about road accessibility and to operate with as little harm to traffic flow by keeping to the right most lane possible, driving within safe speeds, and waving traffic around them in the event they are causing a disturbance. Utility vehicles causing traffic issues may face fines for misuse. Utility Vehicles are defined as Money Transporters, Delivery Services, Waste Transports, Tractors, etc. "

No where in the penal code does it state anything about broken windows. Due to the citation of Unroadworthy Vehicle not being applicable to this situation the charge of Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle would also not be applicable.

The highest ranking officer on scene mentioned during my arrest that he had not witnessed any behavior that would warrant the charge of Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle, however the other officers carried through with this charge.

The other charges I am appealing are a direct result of me bring arrested for the Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle and I request they be dropped if my original charge is found to be placed due to the officers negligence and him being unfamiliar with the penal code.

Furthermore, while my vehicle was in the custody of the Los Santos Police Department it was stolen from the scene with many officers around, when I told them about this they did not take me seriously and thought that one of my fellow family members had taken the vehicle. Due to this I later had to pay to get it from Mors Mutual Insurance.

Once I was processed inside DOC Officer Pearson added a charge on my record for Criminal Threats of a Gov. Employee for stating "this is why people shoot at officers."

Signed, Jameson Bridge
Maximilian Fitzgerald
ECRP Forum Name: DrPathetic

Re: Jameson Bridge | Charges Appeal | 9/29/2021

Post by Maximilian Fitzgerald »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Your Honor,

My name is Maximilian Alexander Fitzgerald III and I will be acting as counsel for the Los Santos Police Department in this case. I will be reaching out to my client and familiarizing myself with the case in the coming days and will be ready to proceed at the court's discretion.

Sincerely,

Maximilian Alexander Fitzgerald III
    State Attorney

#409-1781 [email protected]
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

Subject

• Mr. Jameson Bridge

In response to your request for the unsafe road vehicle charge to be removed, looking at what you have stated, and admitting to having a vehicle that is damaged operating it on the roads of San Andreas.
    It is the responsibility of the owner/operator to ensure their vehicle is maintained in accordance with the manufacture specifications to ensure the vehicle is safe to operate. A broken window or windshield may result in a loss of structural integrity of up to 30%.

The penal code also states, as you outlined "Vehicles are defined as unroadworthy when they fail to meet Minimum Safety Requirements. At the discretion of the handling officer, if your vehicle is deemed unsafe it might be towed to an impound."
    This statement permits officers to conduct safety inspections and should they have reason to believe the vehicle is not safe to operate may cite the owner, and remove the vehicle from the road.

Should you wish to proceed, you will need to employ a lawyer, and provide photos and a complete list of all damages that your vehicle had at the time of the citation.

Your actions after your detainment are not ignored as you made the conscious decision to verbalize your feelings, after having your rights provided to you.

Please have your employed attorney notify the court when you are ready to start the appeal process.

• From

Associate Justice Bret Hyland
    San Andreas Government
Hank Holt
ECRP Forum Name: dilqui9

Post by Hank Holt »

Personal Email

• Counselor Daniels,

I have been assigned by Judge Hyland to oversee this case. Does your client still wish to proceed with the appeal, or will this submission be withdrawn?

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Court Clerk Holt,

I have been working to get in contact with my client for some time now. I have called him while he has been in town but fails to answer my calls. I have sent him a text that we need to meet with no avail. I have just sent him yet another text informing him we need to meet again or the case will be withdrawn. If you would please give my client a bit more time and if he fails to reach out before the end of the coming week we can dismiss the case.

From
    District Criminal Defense Attorney
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Hank Holt

Re: Jameson Bridge | Charges Appeal | (21-10-12-AP-010)

Post by Hank Holt »

Personal Email

• Counselor Daniels,

This court will grant your client until Wednesday 20th to reach out to you and proceed with this case. Should he fail to get in touch and proceed in a timely manner, this case will be dismissed, and your client may be fined as per the directions of the Appeals Court Information & Application, given that this case has proceeded past the initial review stage and the time and resources of this department have been used to get to this point.

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Your Honor,

I have spoken with my client, Mr. Bridge. He wishes to proceed with the case.

In response to some of the concerns of Associate Justice Bret Hyland had about the case, my client did not admit to having broken windows. He was simply stating the what the officers falsely accused him of, in order to make the arrest. Furthermore in terms of the Criminal Threats of a Gov. Employee charged, you are correct that my client did verbalize his feelings by stating "this is why people shoot at officers." at no point did my client say he was going to do so or have someone do that. In the Los Santos Penal Code, it defines Criminal Threats as: "Knowingly and willingly threatening the life of or bodily harm onto another person, their family, relatives or loved ones." My client was simply stating his opinion and did not threaten the life of any officers, their families, relatives, or loved one.

That is all for now, I will be submitting evidence in the coming days.

From
Hank Holt

Re: [21-10-12-AP-010] Jameson Bridge | Charges Appeal

Post by Hank Holt »

Personal Email

• Very well. If the State and the Appellant have no objections, this court intends to schedule a preliminary hearing for Sunday the 24th at 8 PM ((UTC)). All evidence should be submitted to this docket prior to the hearing: Should either party wish to compel discovery from opposing counsel, motions to compel discovery may be filed in this docket.

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Motion to Compel Discovery
Motion to Compel Discovery

Honorable : Hank Holt
  • We the defense in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Jameson Bridge vs. the LSPD
    Assigned Court Case Number: 21-10-12-AP-010
    Requesting Party: Defense
    Party Members: Colt Daniels, Jameson Bridge
    Discovery from: LSPD

Type of Discovery:
    • Body camera footage of the arrest.
    Detailed reasoning:
    • The body camera footage will show the windows of Mr. Bridges vehicle and the officers discussion during the arrest.

Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely
Hank Holt

Post by Hank Holt »

• Counselor Daniels,

The motion to compel has been accepted by this court. A notice of action has been sent to the required parties to compel discovery and disclosure via email. A redacted version, with all officer names redacted, will be published in this docket once the information is submitted to this court.

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk
Hank Holt

Post by Hank Holt »

• The LSPD is unable to provide the requested body-camera footage. They are however able to provide the following situation report that was filed by the arresting officer after the incident.
    ► Show Spoiler

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Your Honor,

The defense would like to submit the following into evidence.
    1. Photos of Mr. Bridges windows at the time of the traffic stop.
      Spoiler
    2. Photos of Mr. Bridge retrieving it from Mors Mutual Insurance
      Spoiler
    As you can see by the photos in evidence #1 Mr. Bridges windows were in fact not broken when the arrest took place therefore nullifying the cause for "Unroadworthy Vehicle" the citation in which the officers used to charge my client with "Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle"

Also in evidence #2 you can see that my client Mr. Bridge was made to pay $3,250 to get his Rebla GTS from the Mors Mutual Insurance lot because the arresting officers did not look after the vehicle after detaining Mr. Bridge and let it get stolen from the scene while it was in their possession.

From
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• You Honor,

I have spoken with District Attorney Fitzgerald and have come to the decision to postpone the hearing. This agreement comes after a discussion to settle outside of court. The LSPD high command will meet tomorrow with District Attorney Fitzgerald about the settlement. Currently they will discuss a settlement of paying my client Mr. Bridge $21,083 and having the charges maintain on his record. This is something I still need to meet with my client about if LSPD does decide to offer this settlement to my client, Mr. Bridge. Thank you.

From
Hank Holt

Post by Hank Holt »

• Counselor Daniels,

Very well. The scheduled hearing for tomorrow shall be suspended for the time being. Please communicate with this court the outcome of the situation, as well as with the intentions of your client to either proceed or dismiss this case.

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Mr. Holt,

Mr. Fitzgeralds III's client the LSPD has offered my client Mr. Bridge the amount of $21,083 to settle the appeal out of court. After a discussion with my client he has made the decision to accept this settlement. Due to this the appeal shall be concluded. Thank you.

From
Hank Holt

Post by Hank Holt »

• Very well. This appeal will be filed as concluded, and moved to the archived section.

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”