Sheriff's Newsletter - August 2021

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Argus Sneijder
ECRP Forum Name:

Sheriff's Newsletter - August 2021

Post by Argus Sneijder »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Field Agent Argus Sneijder
    Now that August is over September begins. And August has been a busy month for the Los Santos Sheriff department. A lot of new policies have been implemented and this is the first month we see results of those. Including a sharp increase in arrest reports.

Our recruitment and employment division kept up the pace from last month. Looking at last month compared to this month we have a positive increase in nearly all statistics with a notable exception for discharges. We also have a big promotion but will have more on that later. On other promotions, the Highway Enforcement division has a new assistant commanding offer as well with Staff Sergeant Christopher Porter taking the position.

We would like to thank each and every employee for your continued hard work in all areas, you are what makes this department great. This is also the moment to apologize for the delay in the release of the newsletter. We do our best to provide it as soon as possible but got delayed for this month.
    Field Agent Argus Sneijder

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff II Jacob West

Having been with the department for just over a month, Deputy Sheriff II Jacob West has truly gone above and beyond to rise through the ranks and earn the recognition of his colleagues as Deputy of the Month.

Deputy West has become known for his upbeat, enthusiastic and positive attitude to policing, always being on-hand to handle a 10-15 or respond as back-up when he's needed most.

Despite his relatively short time with the department, this proud member of the Highway Enforcement Division has already come a long way since his rookie days.

Lieutenant Nica Dumitru, Shift Supervisor of the North Patrol Division that Deputy West operates under, said: "I remember when Trainee West and I were in a Sierra unit and I left him in the driver's seat while we conducted a 10-55. He was so keen to get involved with a pursuit that, as soon as I got out of the car and the suspect fled, Trainee West sped off and left me in the sand.

"Ever since, this deputy has consistently improved and does his best every time he's on-scene. A well-deserved place in the DOTM hall of fame."

The Sheriff's Department looks forward to Deputy West's continued success in what is turning out to be a promising career. As a thank you for his efforts, Deputy West has earned a bonus payment of $1,000.

STORY OF THE MONTH

• Upcoming weekend (starting Friday the 19th in the afternoon until Sunday morning.) we will be hosting another traffic weekend. Once more we would like to point out that that as law enforcement, it's not our goal to punish - it's our goal to proactively prevent crime from happening, and that includes traffic offenses. In practice, this means harsh enforcement of traffic violations including demerits for severe violations. Hence it would be a good weekend to carpool and ensure you have a designated driver.

We will announce the traffic weekend separately as well and try to release some stats to assist with transparency. We can also call our last traffic weekend a success thanks to Staff Sergeant Porter this is one of the reasons for a repeat. We look forward to seeing the highway enforcement division dedicate itself to its goals this weekend.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Assistant Sheriff Robert Jeys

Because of his recent promotion to Assistant Sheriff, we felt it fitting to spotlight Assistant Sheriff Robert Jeys. Previous newsletters have pointed already pointed out his excellence in spearheading the recruitment and employment division. But something less known is his dedication in his position as head of the supervisor training program.

The Sheriff's Information Division reached out to Assistant Sheriff Robert Jeys to get a greater insight into him as a person and for the public to get to know him better.

• How long have you been serving in the Sheriff's Department?
      • For a year and a half.
    • Why did you transfer to the Sheriff's Department?
      • I transferred for personal reasons.
    • What's your favorite part about serving in the Sheriff's Department?
      • My position. I love taking care of the administrative work and ensuring a steady workflow going through to keep the department function as it should; that gives me personal satisfaction.
    • Why is serving and protecting the people of Blaine County so important to you?
      • Serve and protect applies to everyone, not just the people of Blaine County; it is applied to all those that live in San Andreas.
    • What does the Sheriff's Department motto, "A Tradition of Service," mean to you?
      • It means everything that I stand for. It is the only sentence that summarizes what the Sheriff's Department does to ensure a secure county and healthy public relations. It's not only about this era but describes what the department was and still doing for the public for decades.
    • How do you feel being promoted to Assistant Sheriff?
      • I feel honored by the position entrusted to me by the Sheriff and the Department; without them, I would not have made it to such a position.
    • What roles will you be taking on as Assistant Sheriff?
      • I will be the director of the administrative service bureau
    • Now that you're an Assistant Sheriff, what are your plans for the future of the department?
      • I plan to elevate the department workflow, divisions with one another, and overall relations with other administrative departments.
    Editor's note: As far as we know when the Assistant Sheriff refers to black felons. This refers to a vehicle model and specifically those that have been painted black.
    -

PROMOTIONS

• Image Commander ► Image Assistant Sheriff
    • Robert Jeys
    Image Captain ► Image Commander
    • John Kemp
    Image Staff Sergeant ►Image Lieutenant
    • Tyrone Balakay
    Image Sergeant ► Image Staff Sergeant
    • Noah Carlile
    • Luka Rosselli
    Image Agent ► Image Field Agent
    • Argus Sneijder
    • Toni Salatoni
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Joe Olson
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Colt Daniels
    • Charlie Wilkinson
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Charlie Wilkinson
    • Steven Lee
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Mannfred Valentine
    • John Rowntree
    • Dante Archer
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Jackson Walter
    • Sergei Malkin
    • Arthur Valentine
    • Martin Haswell
    • Jett Jones
    • Jacob West
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Alex Mathews
    • Joshua Alex
    • Sergio Livanos
    • Levi Handley
    • Michael Keen
    • Liana Schneider
    • Brian Strange
    • Madison Hall
    • Thomas Foster
    • Oscar Black
    • Bert Martin

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. September has a lot of things in store for the Sheriff's Department, within the next few weeks, we'll be joining another department and a competitive event in the county. Stay tuned for more information.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”