Los Santos Police Department

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Emily Whitehorse
Your Phone Number: 225-4437
Your Position in Your Agency: Lead Writer
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 22/AUG/21 20:33 (E.g. 16/SEP/19 13:00)
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Hello, I hope members of the media relations department are doing well.

I have three questions I seek to have answered in this Inquiry.
  • My first question is in regards to interactions between LSPD and Weazel News.
  • The second question is in regards to the department itself and how it interprets government authority.
  • Lastly I seek information in regards to how the department interprets the fourth amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

What procedures does LSPD seek our agency to follow in regards to inquiries about Officer/Police misconduct, concluded IA reports, and officer discharges. My assumption is the LSPD would not like detailed information requests of such nature to be placed inside a "Public Inquirie" request.

Does the LSPD view the press releases filed by the commissioners office as Executive actions under the lawful authority granted to the San Andreas State Government reinforced by the San Andreas State Constitution, backed in-itself by the Authority of the Constitution of the United States of America or are they just bog standard press releases with no inherent authority or lawful intent behind them.

I have observed on numerous occasions member of the public be stopped by non Gang Unit affiliated officers for minor traffic violations such as an illegal U-Turn, only to be then asked to step out of the car in order for a search to be conducted of there person. This action arguably violates the 4th Amendment that bars against unreasonable searches and seizures. Does the department actively deploy this tactic as a form of "Broken Window" policing or is this a case of officer misconduct.

I eagerly await the departments response, we thank you for your continued work with Weazel News in order to provide factual information to the citizens of Los Santos and San Andreas at whole.

Chief of Staff - Emily Whitehorse
San Andreas State Government Employee | 22/JUL/2021 - Present
Current Positions | SASG
Yes i had to make a spoiler for my current positions..
Director & Speaker Law Review Committee | 01/JUN/2022 - Present
Chief Counsel - Special Counsels Office | 14/JAN/2023 - Present
Chief of Staff | 29/APR/2023 - Present
Acting Director Administration Bureau | 8/MAY/2023 - Present
Inspector General | 25/AUG/2023 - Present
[LSSD] SAGOV IA Liason | 3/OCT/2023 - Present
Acting Director Property & Housing Bureau - 9/OCT/2023 - Present
[LSPD] OCOP: Civilian Review Board | 22/OCT/2023 - Present

Prior Positions | SASG
Interim Director Business Licensing Bureau | 10/JUL/2022 - 17/SEP/2022
Acting Director Business Licensing Bureau | 24/APR/2023 - 8/MAY/2023
Acting SAAA Director | 4/MAY/2022 - 25/MAY/2022
"Commander" - San Andreas National Guard | 27/JUL/2022 - Present
Acting Public Relations Director | 11/NOV/2022 - 28/NOV/2022
Acting Public Works Director | 27/NOV/2022 - 3/DEC/2022
Interim Assistant Governor | 20/MAR/2023 - 30/MAR/2023
Acting Security Director Government Security Bureau | 5/OCT/2023 - 1/NOV/2023
Assistant Editor for Weazel News | Resigned
Jonathan Norton
Retired Sergeant II
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information / Request for Comment [Weazel News]

Post by Jonathan Norton »

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• [mention]Emily Whitehorse[/mention],

Thank you for your inquiry. I have reached out to the IAG for comment.

I can answer your last question right away; we do not permit our officers to search vehicles or persons without probable cause to search. However, the officer does not have to be in the Gang Unit to have probable cause to search; many factors determine probable cause and most will not be immediately clear to bystanders. Typically, unless they are being stopped for prior warrants, probable cause to search does not come from the original reason for the traffic stop.

• Sincerely,

Police Sergeant II Jonathan Norton
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
lspdlogo
#5525 | 21/OCT/2018 - 21/OCT/2021

Retired Police Sergeant II Jonathan Norton

- TO PROTECT & TO SERVE -
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Request for Information / Request for Comment [Weazel News]
    "What procedures does LSPD seek our agency to follow in regards to inquiries about Officer/Police misconduct, concluded IA reports, and officer discharges. My assumption is the LSPD would not like detailed information requests of such nature to be placed inside a "Public Inquirie" request."
    The submitting of inquiries pertaining to terminations of employment, potential officer misconduct, or investigations conducted and concluded by the Internal Affairs Group may be done through the public inquiries section on our website. If an agency has no concerns about sharing its request(s) on these matters with the general public, there is no issue with submitting a public inquiry.

Requests for information on these matters and the determining of which information and details, if any, will be disclosed with the media will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If any information on these matters is deemed disclosable and includes personal, private, or sensitive information, it will likely be via e-mail correspondence.

"Does the LSPD view the press releases filed by the commissioners office as Executive actions under the lawful authority granted to the San Andreas State Government reinforced by the San Andreas State Constitution, backed in-itself by the Authority of the Constitution of the United States of America or are they just bog standard press releases with no inherent authority or lawful intent behind them."
    To be able to be provided with an accurate, detailed, and educated response to this question, I believe that it is best if this question is expanded and elaborated on. The San Andreas State Government publishes numerous different press releases, varying from penal code clarifications, to appointments within official positions, to matters such as parking regulations on the Del Perro Pier.

Sincerely,
    Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake
    Chief of Staff
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Emily Whitehorse
ECRP Forum Name:

SASG Awards

DOC Awards

SAJB Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Emily Whitehorse »

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Response:

Good evening Chief Blake,

I thank both Sergeant Norton and yourself for the responses to my first two questions.

To clarify what is being asked of the department, I feel it would be best to provide examples as to how I have come to the rational that required the question to be asked in the first place.

Press Release #33, Issued on the 10th of August 2021 by the San Andreas State board of Commissioners.
Some have interpreted this as a use of executive power provided to the Office of the Commissioners in order to define how the executive seeks enforcement of the laws of the state. Being that the Los Santos Police Department wields its lawful enforcement authority by the first estate, It would be reasonable to assume that if the press releases are the lawful exercise of executive authority that therein the LSPD is to abide by them in full.

I ask this in that after the press release had been distributed to the public, I had noted on more then a few occasions where officers as well as a Deputy Chief of Police refused to acknowledge the existence of the Press Release as the lawful use of executive power and told individuals that "That is just a press release, the penal code has not changed." and to therefore comply with whatever demand was being given at that time.

So in this instance does the LSPD see that press release as an executive action?

Press Release #32, Issued on the 15th of July 2021 by the San Andreas State board of Commissioners.
This press release invoked the same questions, however was accompanied by actual changes to the penal code and was immediately clear that the laws of the sate had indeed changed. Therefor there is no question that a lawful use of executive power had taken place.

Press Release #23, Issued on the 8th of November 2020 by the San Andreas State board of Commissioners.
This press release outlines provisions of pier parking, and that the LSPD alongside the BCSO regularly and openly enforces the provisions of. The press release clearly states "will come into effect 1st December." implying in a sense that this would be a use of executive power. Interestingly, It has a view of face concealment that is very different then to that of press release #33, this again begs the question of press release #33; Is #33 a use of executive power to change the enforcement of the law by underlying enforcement agency's.

Press Release #31, #30, #29, ECT., Issued on various dates by the San Andreas State board of Commissioners.
This is a clear use of executive authority, all government department heads as defined in both the San Andreas Constitution and the Constitution of the United States are to typically be filled by the executive. Since all appointments are to agencies under the government, there is no question of lawful use of executive authority.

These questions may seem meaningless and pedantic as best, however with the introduction of the Judicial Branch, these questions become vitally important in ensuring citizens are well equipped with knowledge of what is and is not lawful conduct in the State of San Andreas. It become equally important when we as a media organization wish to report factual information to citizens of the state. Least we as a News Organization are required to retract in future per the request of the LSPD, that should I remind you, the LSPD itself was later required to retract there statement that caused our retraction due to, you guessed it, a press release.

I seek not to nor ever defame or make a mockery of the fine men and women of the LSPD and its important roll in protecting citizens of this great state, however an open and honest government alongside fine scrutiny by members of the fourth estate ensures equal application of the law reducing the headaches of erroneous IA reports due to incorrect information being dispersed.

Thank you again for your time in responding to this matter and may god bless the United States of America.

Chief of Staff - Emily Whitehorse
San Andreas State Government Employee | 22/JUL/2021 - Present
Current Positions | SASG
Yes i had to make a spoiler for my current positions..
Director & Speaker Law Review Committee | 01/JUN/2022 - Present
Chief Counsel - Special Counsels Office | 14/JAN/2023 - Present
Chief of Staff | 29/APR/2023 - Present
Acting Director Administration Bureau | 8/MAY/2023 - Present
Inspector General | 25/AUG/2023 - Present
[LSSD] SAGOV IA Liason | 3/OCT/2023 - Present
Acting Director Property & Housing Bureau - 9/OCT/2023 - Present
[LSPD] OCOP: Civilian Review Board | 22/OCT/2023 - Present

Prior Positions | SASG
Interim Director Business Licensing Bureau | 10/JUL/2022 - 17/SEP/2022
Acting Director Business Licensing Bureau | 24/APR/2023 - 8/MAY/2023
Acting SAAA Director | 4/MAY/2022 - 25/MAY/2022
"Commander" - San Andreas National Guard | 27/JUL/2022 - Present
Acting Public Relations Director | 11/NOV/2022 - 28/NOV/2022
Acting Public Works Director | 27/NOV/2022 - 3/DEC/2022
Interim Assistant Governor | 20/MAR/2023 - 30/MAR/2023
Acting Security Director Government Security Bureau | 5/OCT/2023 - 1/NOV/2023
Assistant Editor for Weazel News | Resigned
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Request for Information / Request for Comment [Weazel News]

The State of San Andreas Penal Code is the law established within the state, and the San Andreas State Government's Executive Branch (Board of Commissioners) holds the authority to amend the penal code.

When or if the Board of Commissioners publishes clarifications, such as those in relation to GM-11, GM-20, and GC-06 in the 33rd press release, then they are further clarifications as to how to abide and enforce the law and not changes to the law in itself, whereas changes to the San Andreas Penal Code, such as that to NM-04 in the 33rd press release, are, in fact, changes to the enforced law(s).

The Los Santos Police Department cannot comment on whether the press releases with clarifications are or are (to be) seen as executive actions under lawful authority, this is an inquiry that should be directed at the San Andreas State Government.

Sincerely,
    Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake
    Chief of Staff
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”