• Weight: 80
      Height: 173
    1.4 Age, Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) & Place of Birth:
      Date of Birth: Jan 11, 1988
      Place of Birth (City, State/Province, Country): Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    1.5 Are you a United States Citizen? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
      • Yes: [ x ]
        No: [ ]
    1.6 Confirm you have had your fingerprints taken with a member of LSPD or SASD? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
      • Yes: [ ]
        No: [ x ]

I attempted to visit a police station to do so but there was no one manning the front.
    1.7 Contact Details:
    • Phone Number: 3098976
      Mailing Address: n/a

• SECTION 2 - LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY, LICENSES & AVAILABILITY
    2.1 Can you speak to others in English proficiently? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
    2.2 Can you write to others in English proficiently? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
    2.3 Please provide proof of your identification and licenses. (( /license; example: https://imgur.com/3VOTXMg )):

• SECTION 3 - PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
    3.1 Have you ever been employed by the LSEMS, DOC, LSPD, or LSSD?
    If so what rank and positions did you hold, how long ago was your employment and who was your direct supervisor?:
    • No I have not been
    3.2 - Please list and explain all prior Employment/Education/Training that you may have that qualifies you for a position:
    • I graduated with a masters degree in Law from the University of Ottawa in 2011 with a GPA of 3.9 so while not incredible, is more than satisfactory. I served as a public defender for 3 years in the City of Ottawa, taking on a number of cases of individuals who were wrongfully accused of crimes and protecting the rights and liberties of my fellow citizens. before moving to the United States. Upon arriving I passed the bar in several states including the state of California, Rhode Island and Michigan. I became a dual citizen of the United States and Canada. I moved around a lot but have finally found my home in San Andreas.

• SECTION 4 - LONG RESPONSE
    4.1 Why do you want to be employed with the Judicial Branch? (75 WORDS):
    • I want to be a lawyer again. Plain and simple. My father is a constitutional Lawyer, my mother is a Criminal Defense lawyer. Law is in our blood and in my blood. It courses through me and I would be an asset as an attourney within the SJAB. I want to make a different in the police force who appears to know the bare minimum of legal information required to do their jobs. I do not believe they should know the difference between supreme court cases and the precedence they've created, but I do believe they should at minimum know that they require a warrant to search a vehicle if there is no evidence of a crime currently being in progress.
    4.2 What would you say is the most valuable trait that you possess? Please explain how that could benefit the SAJB (75 WORDS):
    • I have a knack for remembering obscure legal code as well as remembering details that most others would miss. I am quite fastidious and an eager learner. Whenever I was trying a case I was known to be incredibly thorough and find things that the prosecution missed in discovery. I was able to have multiple different cases thrown out of court due to the attention to detail I possess. I am very tenacious and I do not quit on my clients. I will see the cases through to the absolute end and I will not give up in my pursuit of justice.
    4.3 If hired please list and explain the things that you would like to see changed in the city (75 WORDS):
    • The police have a very loose understanding of the laws they enforce. I would see an education system put into place so they understand the laws at least a little better and know what their legal limits are. There are many problems with the current system and I would be more than willing to visit police officers during training and give them a crash course on the law, what their legal limits are, the importance of obeying the constitution, and what the legal rights citizens have.
    4.4 Have you ever been arrested/convicted of a felony crime? Explain:
    • No
    4.5 Have you ever been charged with a misdemeanor? Explain:
    • No
    4.6 Have you ever received a ticket/citation? Explain:
    • Yes, I've received two speeding tickets for not slowing fast enough upon entering the city.
    4.7 Please provide a short biography about yourself and why you believe you should be selected (150 WORDS):
    • I am a lawyer. I have no doubt in my mind that I would be an asset to the city and the state if I were allowed to practice law in the state of San Andreas. I have already made my opinions known on social media and corrected the department of police when they've been wrong in the past. I am not afraid to speak my mind and I will defend the citizens of this city, or prosecute them, to the fullest of my abilities.

I was born in Ottawa in 1988. I grew up in a well off household, went to a private school, graduated with a decent GPA and was admitted to the Law faculty at the University of Ottawa. I partied in university, a lot, but never let it detract from my studies. My thesis was on the subject of old and absurd laws and how they need to be removed from the law books lest they be abused by law enforcement or citizens and exploited for criminal gain. After that I worked as a public defender for quite some time, overworked and underappreciated. I was often yelled at and insulted but I never let that bother me.

• (( SECTION 5 - Eclipse & Roleplay ))
    5.1 Eclipse Forum Details: 5.2 Do you have at least 10000 experience points on the character applying? Provide a screenshot of your /stats (Example: https://imgur.com/0hIZiof) 5.3 Eclipse Alternate Character(s):
    • n/a
    5.4 Have you ever had an admin punishment with this, or any character on Eclipse? If yes, please explain:
    • No
    5.5 Please provide a screenshot of the Eclipse game panel with your 'My Characters' and 'Admin Logs' (Example: https://imgur.com/wK0OQhv): 5.6 Past Police / Medical RP experience / Justice (Please include character names if on this server):
    • n/a
    5.7 Do you have any in-game Police, Medical, or Government references?:
    • **ANSWER**
    5.8 Please provide your Discord name and ID:
    • Bronnen#5153
    5.9 Please post a link to your reinstatement application if applicable:
    • n/a

• (( SECTION 6 - About Yourself ))
    6.1 About You:
      Timezone: **CST**
    6.2 Do you currently play on any other GTA-RP servers and are you in any faction positions there?:
    • Nope
    6.3 Additional Information about yourself that you consider beneficial to the Judicial Branch?:
    • I think this will be a really fun time, and I also speak french fluently so I'll be able to do that as well.

• I, Jacob Schmidtt confirm that this application is all my own work and that all the information within this application is truthful to the best of my knowledge.
Hank Holt
ECRP Forum Name: dilqui9

Re: SAJB Application - Jacob Schmidtt

Post by Hank Holt »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Mr. Schmidtt,

Please correct the following on your application:

1.6: Please have your fingerprints taken by a member of PD or SD at your earliest possible convenience.
    ((5.2: Your experience screenshot is below our minimum. If that's an old screenshot, please provide an updated one.))

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    State Attorney
    Head of Recruitment
Jacob Schmidtt
ECRP Forum Name: Bronnen

Post by Jacob Schmidtt »

I will correct that as soon as I am able. I've gone to a station multiple times outside of work hours and not gotten any where but I will keep trying.

I will rectify this asap
Jacob Schmidtt

Post by Jacob Schmidtt »

Can this be put on hold for now just until I am able to get the fingerprinting done? Its an ordeal finding police stations that are staffed when I'm off work it seems
Hank Holt

Post by Hank Holt »

• Mr. Schmidtt,

No problem. We'll proceed once your fingerprints are on file.

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    State Attorney
    Head of Recruitment
Hank Holt

Post by Hank Holt »

• Mr. Schmidtt,

Will you be continuing with your application to the judicial branch, or are you withdrawing your application at this time?

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk
    Head of Recruitment
Jacob Schmidtt

Post by Jacob Schmidtt »

I'll be withdrawing it for now and re-applying once I have finally been able to get that done, as long as that is acceptable with you that is.

Return to “SAJB - Denied Applications”