Monthly Bulletin 2107

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin 2107

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Wednesday, August 4th, 2021
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

Monthly Bulletin 2107
- -
  • -
OFFICER OF THE MONTH

-
    Each month, one officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role-model.
    -

---
    Police Officer III Peter Stanford
    Police Officer III Peter Stanford joined the Los Santos Police Department in November of 2020. Ever since joining the Department, Officer Stanford has always stood out due to his overall attitude and demeanor, which earned him an internal award back in December. Through consistent work and dedication, Officer Stanford earned himself a promotion to the rank of Police Officer III in the month of June. Officer Stanford started his career as a Patrol Officer within the Mission Row precinct, where he continuously showed a deep commitment to serving the people of Los Santos and representing the Los Santos Police Department in the highest regard.

-
    In the month of July, Officer Stanford continued with his excellent display of hours on duty and paperwork contributed. Officer Stanford worked a total of 219 hours in the month averaging out to a little more than 48 hours per week. These have shown to be eye-catching numbers both in the field as well as in the internal office. During the month of July, Officer Stanford also joined the Academy Instructor team of the Recruitment and Employment Division. Police Officer III Peter Stanford will be rewarded with a salary of $8,000.00 for the duration of this month. We would like to take this opportunity to thank officer Stanford for his continuous dedication to our Department and the community of Los Santos.

EMPLOYEE ADJUSTMENTS

• Image Police Officer III+1 ► Image Police Sergeant I
    • Steve Martinez
    • Jaxon Nash
    -
    -REINSTATEMENTS AND TRANSFERS
    -
    This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the Los Santos Police Department.
    Image Police Officer III
    • Dante Watson
    Image Police Officer II
    • Shayan Dotson
    • Chrisy Fegan
    • Jimmy Hammels
    • Barry Ocallaghan
    Image Police Officer I
    • Kylie Blackrock
    • Chris Knox
    • Eddie White
    Police Cadet
    • Ace Butoslav
    -
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Officer III+1
    • Jack Mobray
    • Thomas Pennyworth
    Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Jeff Babatunda
    • Bill Breacher
    • Alex Sorvanis
    • Peter Stanford
    • Gustavo Waltz
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Donovan Ace
    • Abol Baze
    • Bentholomy Butcher
    • Jack Clark
    • Shay Hudson
    • Ricardo Hernandez
    • Nate Howard
    • Sierra Ignatieff
    • Jack Mickelson
    • Walter Pembroke
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer II
    • Chrisy Fegan
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • Dale Ashcroft
    • Kylie Blackrock
    • Chris Knox
    • Vince Lawson
    • Alex Schill
    • Eddie White
FEATURED DIVISION

• -
    The Major Crimes Division falls under the Detective Bureau within the Los Santos Police Department. The mission of the Major Crimes Division is to focus mainly on robberies, homicides, firearms trafficking, and many other crimes committed by very limited groups of individuals without clear affiliations with known criminal organizations.

The Major Crimes Division is structured into three different units, the Robbery-Homicide Unit, Vice Unit, and Detective Support Unit. These three units have specific tasks and duties that they perform to solve the above-mentioned crimes. The Robbery-Homicide Unit name best describes itself with a focus on anything ranging from petty thieves to coldblooded murderers. The Vice Unit is more versatile and deals with criminal threats and hate crimes, firearms sales and trafficking, fraud, illegal gambling, prostitution, and various other crimes. The Detective Support Unit is mainly composed of Officers who help Detectives with the majority of crime reports that are submitted by the public on a daily basis.
    -
  • -
    Since taking over as the Commanding Officer of the Major Crimes Division Police Lieutenant I Mikael Cowell, with his Assistant Commanding Officer Police Detective III Samuele Colonna, has worked tirelessly to improve the division and help improve the way it is able to serve the citizens of Los Santos.
    -
Commanding Officer Mikael Cowell wrote:
Since taking the position as the Commanding Officer in June with Detective Colonna as my assistant, we had a lot of work to do. We focused on the open cases within the divisions and with a lot of work from ourselves and our members, we managed to get to a place where all cases get looked after investigated within a reasonable manner of time.

We have also been recruiting new members to the division and have been pleased to see the way that they have developed during their training.

I want to thank all of our dedicated Detectives (In-training) for the work they have put in within the division during the past months and look forward to seeing what the future brings.
-
  • The Major Crimes Division will continue to develop and improve so that it may continue to selflessly serve the citizens of Los Santos and make the city a safer place to live. The division currently houses twelve employees within the Robbery-Homicide Unit and the Vice Unit. To become a part of the Major Crimes Division and join either the Robbery-Homicide Unit or the Vice Unit a member of the Los Santos Police Department must hold the rank of Police Officer III or above.

FEATURED EMPLOYEE

• Police Captain I Torsten Church was born in southern Finland, in a small town called Hanko but later moved to Colchester, England where he spent most of his life growing up in a military family, with his father serving in the British Armed Forces along with most of his family members. Torsten says he was not the studious type but received a degree in security management - developing a love for long-range rifle competition and rally cars which he preferred over studying in his early years.

Captain Church spent most of his adult life as a contractor and security consultant for multinational security and logistics companies. The work he involved himself in ranged from protection details, security consultancy, and asset retrieval. He is very grateful he was fortunate enough to travel around the world where he spent time overseas, most notably in Afghanistan and the Middle East. Captain Church says he was privileged to work alongside many companies and organizations, but spent most of his days with the United States Department of Defense (DOD) and other US-based agencies. After six years Captain Church decided to settle down in one place but he admits he knew he would miss some of the rushes his previous work give him before moving and settling in Los Santos.
    -
  • -
    Captain Church joined the Los Santos Police Department on the 7th of October, 2019, completing his Field Training Program in a month before progressing to Police Officer I. Joining the Los Santos Police Department allowed Captain Church to fulfill his goal of joining the Metropolitan Division and enlisting into the Special Weapons and Tactics branch. Joining the Metropolitan Division is also Captain Church's proudest achievement, being a hard-working individual he is particularly proud of becoming the Assistant Commanding Officer of the division itself.
    -
Police Captain I Torsten Church wrote:
Truthfully, I do not have future plans or goals to fulfill. I am very tunnel vision with my work which my coworkers and friends will happily attest to. My main goals and focuses are to keep pushing the Metropolitan Division forward, chasing perfection.
I love the team dynamic, the comradery, the culture, and the job. Being a S.W.A.T Officer is a privilege and leading those Officers day in and day out is an amazing responsibility and privilege. I truly can not imagine doing anything else in my life.
If you complete a situation without a single shot fired and everyone goes home - you have done your job right. Humility above all, period, the end.
  • -
    Working side by side with Captain Einhart, the Commanding Officer of the Metropolitan Division, and his amazing team, the Metropolitan Division fosters the great operatives it has today. Captain Church says he is confident that the current team they have today is the best the division has ever had.
    -
  • -
    Captain Church is set on his work as his main goal is to keep pushing the Metropolitan Division forward, chasing perfection. Captain Church also says the proudest achievement for him would in fact be seeing someone he has trained and mentored to take the position he holds now. Captain Church believes life is finite and to know someone can step into his place and do an even better job is a true life highlight for him. He hopes he lives to see it. In addition to the Metropolitan Division, Captain Church holds positions in the Recruitment and Employment Division as well as the Advanced Training Division.

Captain Church has been certified for various specialized equipment and units, some of which include the sniper rifle, marksman rifle, the dive team, explosive ordinance disposal team, and he is one of the four current K-9 handlers. Captain Church's seniority and experience also allow him to train newer generations of Operatives, something he takes pride in.

FEATURED INCIDENT

• It was the usual quiet Sunday afternoon on the 25th of July at approximately 1600 when a citizen had contacted authorities about an incident, an alleged scam. The caller mentioned they were scammed out of their vehicle after a friend of the caller had breached their contract terms. The owner of the vehicle was looking to sell their vehicle when they were contacted by a local. The two parties decided to meet at the Los Santos Bank where the buying party agreed to the asking price of $30,000 after signing a legally binding contract for the sale of the vehicle. After the individual had signed the contract an exchange of money did not occur with the now suspect fleeing with the stolen vehicle.
-

-
  • Feeling beaten and scammed the original owner had no idea what to make of the situation. Shortly after the scam had taken place the thief proceeded to make their way down to the Weazel News Headquarters and upon arrival, the individual then bought an advertisement to try to sell the same car they had just stolen. After the advertisement was placed it just so happened that the actual owner had noticed it and had one of their friends contact the phone number listed in the advertisement to attempt to buy the vehicle back.
-

-
  • The Los Santos Police Department had been notified of the situation and after investigation, took action. Responding units surrounded the vehicle ensuring it would not be able to leave. Both initial parties from the scam were questioned as all legal documentation was reviewed on the scene of the exchange. They concluded that the suspect did in fact present false information about handing over the money and that the car was stolen. The fraudster was placed under arrest. The victim of the crime was thankful for the help of the responding units of the Los Santos Police Department and the retrieval of their vehicle.

EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY

• -------------------
    06 | 4.55%
    01 | 0.76%
    01 | 0.76%
    04 | 3.03%

Staff Officers
    Image Chief of Police
    Image Assistant Chief of Police
    Image Deputy Chief of Police
    -------------------
    03 | 2.27%
    00 | 0.00%
    00 | 0.00%
    03 | 2.27%
    00 | 0.00%

Command Officers
    Image Commander
    Image Captain III
    Image Captain II
    Image Captain I
    -------------------
    08 | 6.06%
    06 | 4.55%
    02 | 1.52%

Police Lieutenants
    Image Lieutenant II
    Image Lieutenant I
    -------------------
    11 l 8.33%
    02 | 1.52%
    09 | 6.82%

Police Sergeants
    Image Sergeant II
    Image Sergeant I
  • -------------------
    09 | 6.82%
    05 | 3.79%
    01 | 0.76%
    03 | 2.27%

Police Detectives
    Image Detective III
    Image Detective II
    Image Detective I
    -------------------
    80 | 60.61%
    04 | 3.03%
    26 | 19.70%
    33 | 25.00%
    17 | 12.88%

Patrol Officers
    Image Police Officer III+1
    Image Police Officer III
    Image Police Officer II
    Image Police Officer I
    -------------------
    15 | 11.36%
    15 | 11.36%

Police Cadets
    Cadet
    -------------------

Total Employees

STATISTICS

• Employee Adjustments
    Promotions
    Demotions
    Suspensions
    Resignations
    Terminations

Recruitment
    Total Applications
    Accepted
    Denied
    Pending
    Withdrawn
    Number of Academies
    New Cadets

Field Training Program
    Sessions Conducted
    Field Training Reports
    Passed Cadets
    Failed Cadets

Ride-Along Program
    Ride-Alongs Accepted
    Ride-Along Reports*
    * These reports are currently not tallied
  • Patrol Reports
    Arrest
    Impound
    Impound Release
    Traffic Stop
    Use of Force

Detective Bureau
    Crimes Reported
    Active Cases
    Cases Denied
    Cases Concluded
    Cases Closed

Internal Affairs
    Total Complaints
    Sustained
    Not Resolved/Dismissed
    Exonerated
    Actions Could Be Different
    No Misconduct
    Withdrawn
CLOSING MESSAGE

• This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for July. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

* The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.
    -
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”