Los Santos Police Department

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Molly Devil
Your Phone Number: 322-2281
Your Position in Your Agency: Editor in Chief
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 03/Aug/21 21:48 (E.g. 16/SEP/19 13:00)
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Hello!

I hope this message finds you well.

Weazel News is currently in the process of creating our first magazine issue, and one of our employees is interested in doing a piece featuring the ranks within the LSPD, and their unique responsibilities. Would it be possible for you to give me information on the ranks from Cadet to Chief, with and what each rank is responsible for or their specific duties?

As always, thank you for your time and service!

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil
Editor in Chief
Weazel News

Senior Government Official | Molly Devil
Public Relations Bureau, Executive Branch
San Andreas State Government

Press Releases | Newsletters | Community Correspondence Box
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear Ms. [mention]Molly Devil[/mention],

I hope you are doing well first and foremost.

The ranking system of the Los Santos Police Department is divided into groups, with every group having different authority and set of responsibilities within their designated rank. The groups are as follows; Staff Officers, Command Officers, Police Lieutenants, Police Sergeants, Police Detectives, Police Officers, Police Cadets. The Los Santos Police Department currently holds nineteen ranks in total, split into seven categories, or "pay grades". It is important to remember that every rank retains the authority and responsibility of every individual lower rank, with upgraded authority and responsibility of the higher rank itself.
    -
    • Staff Officers - Chief of Police, Assistant Chief of Police, Deputy Chief of Police. Staff Officers review, update, and produce departmental protocol, policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as uphold and maintain efficiency internally.
    • Command Officers - Commander, Captain I/III. Command Officers of the Department aid the Staff Officers in their duties where necessary, primarily in the form of handling supervisory tasks and management within their particular division(s) or unit(s).
    • Police Lieutenants - Lieutenant I/II. Police Lieutenants are the next step up for Police Sergeants/Police Detectives that hold a supervisor position within the Department and share the same tasks and responsibilities but hold a senior supervisor position.
    • Police Sergeants - Sergeant I/II. Police Sergeants are primarily tasked with administrative and supervisory duties, as well as disciplinary tasks to ensure that Police Officers perform up to standard.
    • Police Detectives - Detective I/III. Police Detectives, depending on their grade, are similar to Police Sergeants in the sense that they to are assigned to administrative and supervisory duties, and disciplinary tasks, but Detectives focus on specialized investigative tasks, dependent on their respective assignments.
    • Police Officers - Police Officer I/III, Police Officer III+1. Police Officers, regardless of their respective assignment, are the front line of the Los Santos Police Department, and the face of law enforcement to the public.
    • Police Cadets - Police Cadet. Police Cadets are probationary employees of the Department and undergo training following their graduation from the Police Academy.
      -
    I hope that the provided answer contains the information you are seeking. Do not hesitate to request additional information or follow up with questions should anything be unclear. Thank you for your understanding.

• Sincerely,
    Police Sergeant II Tim Havlicek
    Assistant Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Molly Devil
ECRP Forum Name: Elri

SASG Awards

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Molly Devil »

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Molly Devil
Your Phone Number: 322-2281
Your Position in Your Agency: Editor in Chief
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Request Information

Dear Officer Havlicek,

This was perfect! Thank you as always for the information provided. Stay safe!

Warmest regards,
Molly Devil - Editor in Chief
Weazel News

Senior Government Official | Molly Devil
Public Relations Bureau, Executive Branch
San Andreas State Government

Press Releases | Newsletters | Community Correspondence Box

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”