Los Santos Police Department

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Molly Devil
Your Phone Number: 322-2281
Your Position in Your Agency: Assistant Editor
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 07/July/21 20:15 (E.g. 16/SEP/19 13:00)
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Good evening!

I hope you have been having a great week so far, and staying safe.

I am working an an article for our newspaper and I was wondering if you would be able to provide me a list of information about the different types of vehicles that the LSPD has access to, and the protocols that surround them. Which vehicles are pulled out for different situations, which ranks have access to which vehicle, etc.

If this information is confidential, that is completely understandable, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. As always, thank you for your time and your service. I appreciate you!

Senior Government Official | Molly Devil
Public Relations Bureau, Executive Branch
San Andreas State Government

Press Releases | Newsletters | Community Correspondence Box
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Mrs. [mention]Molly Devil[/mention],

Thank you for reaching out to the Media Relations Division of the Los Santos Police Department. The Los Santos Police Department has a relatively large fleet of vehicles available to our employees, with many vehicles divided by many specialized assignments and departmental ranks.

First and foremost, despite my certainty that this is no new information, I wish to clarify and define that "marked" refers to police vehicles with a lightbar and clear markings indicating that it is a police vehicle, "unmarked" refers to police vehicles kitted with police equipment and lights, but no visible markings (such as the city seal, or law enforcement-related information) and lightbar, and "undercover" or "civilian" refer to vehicles with no indication of law enforcement, meaning no lights, sirens, liveries, and so forth.

General patrol of the Los Santos Police Department, think of Patrol Officers in the paygrade of Police Officer, primarily has access to our standard fleet of marked patrol vehicles; the marked Vapid Stanier, Bravado Buffalo, Vapid Interceptor, and the Vapid Scout. These four vehicles are likely to be the most commonly seen vehicles when it comes to day-to-day spotting of police, as the largest percentage of employees within the Department has access to these vehicles. Supervisors found within general patrol, which is employees holding the rank of Sergeant I and above, are permitted to utilize the marked Vapid Caracara and Declasse Alamo, both of which are new and recent additions to our fleet.

When it comes to detective operations, our Police Detectives, dependant on their departmental rank, may utilize a variety of unmarked vehicles. Our Detectives are currently permitted to utilize the unmarked Vapid Stanier, Bravado Buffalo, and Declasse Granger; the latter two may only be driven by Detectives who also hold a supervisory position, who then may also operate the marked Vapid Caracara and Declasse Alamo. The Detectives of the Los Santos Police Department have a wide variety of civilian/undercover vehicles at their disposal, which once more are bound to rank restrictions. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the work conducted in these vehicles, we are unable to disclose our civilian vehicles. We plan for our Detectives to also utilize the unmarked Vapid Scout and Declasse Alamo in the future, but this is currently still in the works.

Special operations have access to vehicles based on necessity and is the bureau of the Department where most vehicles are mostly specialized, as it houses our Metropolitan Division (SWAT, K-9) and Air Support Division. While the majority of the vehicles utilized by divisions within special operations are incredibly case-by-case, SWAT has access to a marked Vapid Caracara with a specialized METRO livery (dark grey), HVY Insurgent, Vapid TARV, Brute Riot, Brute RCV (Riot Control Vehicle), unmarked Canis Kamacho, unmarked Vapid Stanier, unmarked Bravado Buffalo, and an unmarked Declasse Granger. Despite the list potentially seeming extensive, these vehicles are heavily restricted in terms of Officers being permitted to utilize them, along with restrictions based on incidents that occur.

Air support has access to a marked (no lights/sirens) Western Company Maverick helicopter, as well as a Nagasaki Buzzard, divided between Air Support To Regular Operations (ASTRO) and the Special Flight Section (SFS) respectively.

The Los Santos Police Department houses an Advanced Training Division which has the responsibility of training and qualifying Officers for the use of specialized vehicles in day-to-day operations, such as our heavy interception unit (MTL Brickade), our high-speed interception units (marked Pegassi Vacca, Progen T20, Pegassi Zentorno, and Pfister 811), and our motorcycle response units (Hakuchou and BF-400). These vehicles are kept behind a restrictive wall of training sessions and certifications conducted by our instructors as well as rank; regular Police Officers are not allowed to be certified to operate a vehicle such as the high-speed units whereas a Sergeant may operate one, while Police Officers dependent on rank may get certified for a heavy interception unit.

The above-mentioned specialized vehicles are often reviewed and are made available based on necessity determined by the state of our operations and what is encountered on a day-to-day basis by our officers, such as the acquisition of BF-400s to counter the large presence of these motorcycles during i.e. bank robberies. They are also restricted based on certain incidents, as such the BF-400 would likely only be deployed to counter a pursued BF-400, and our high-speed and heavy interception units have to abide by a list of vehicles established over time. The Office of the Chief of Police is also currently reviewing our options in terms of high-speed interception units and aims to decommission our current cars, often commonly classed as "supers", with a replacement that holds the same viability but without the overwhelming vehicle class.

Certain specialized vehicles, such as the MTL Brickade, may also be re-used by specialized divisions such as the Metropolitan Division, so long as the operating officer is certified.

Our Command Staff may also operate unmarked vehicles based on internal rank authority.

A common misconception is the connection of high-end civilian vehicles with the Los Santos Police Department; the Los Santos Police Department does not allow its employees to operate in high-end civilian vehicles (such as but not limited to the Coil Raiden and the Benefactor Schlagen GT) with the exception of Staff Officers or a deviation approved by any of the said Staff Officers ("Staff Officers" refers to any sworn employee holding the rank of Deputy Chief and above). Moreover, vehicles utilized by Government Commissioners are commonly confused as vehicles available to the Los Santos Police Department. While these vehicles are utilized at times, they are not readily available and at the disposal of the Los Santos Police Department and any of its employees.

As previously mentioned, while our fleet offers a wide variety and could be considered extensive, it is not uncommon for vehicles to be decommissioned as the vehicles made available to our employees are based on those deemed necessary for a variety of reasons.

I hope that this provides the insight you had hoped for, please let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Sincerely,
    Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake
    Chief of Staff
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”