"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

Personal Information:
DEFENDANTS NAME: Kopi Crozen
DEFENDANTS PHONE: 340-3235
DEFENDANTS ADDRESS: Didion Dr. 21
ATTORNEY NAME: Judith Mason
ATTORNEY PHONE: 257-9183
General Information:
OFFICERS NAME: Officer Papadakis, Officer Willowick, Officer Jackson, Unknown Officer
BADGE NUMBER: N/A
ATTORNEY NAME: N/A
ATTORNEY PHONE: N/A
Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): June 23, 2021 at approximately 19:00

CHARGES BEING APPEALED:
Obstruction of Justice
Accessory to Murder
Accessory to Possession of Weapon Modification
Accessory to Possession of Body Armor as a Felon
Accessory to Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons
Attempted Accessory to Manufacturing Narcotics
Accessory to Controlled Substance Possession
Accessory to Grand Theft Auto of a Government Employee

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS: (any evidence attached must pertain to or somehow involve the situation)

On June 23, 2021, at approximately 19:00, I called Kaito Owen, a friend and tennant of mine, to speak to him about a personal matter.

When Mr. Owen arrived at my location, Mr. Owen had instructed his friend Clara to take his vehicle to a separate location so Mr. Owen and I could speak privately. Approximately 5 minutes later, Clara returned and explained that she had wrecked Mr. Owen’s vehicle in the process of driving it. At this point, Mr. Owen told me that we would take my motorcycle to retrieve another vehicle of his from his apartment.

On the drive to his apartment, I suggested we stop at the Downtown Cab Company headquarters to say hello to my former colleagues. Upon our arrival, I approached the office with my mask on and began to poke at my former colleagues, as I normally would playfully refuse to take off my mask when interacting with this group of people.

Much to my surprise, Mr. Owen began forcing his crowbar into the door, seemingly escalating the situation beyond a simple joke. At this point, a DCC employee opened the door, letting myself and Mr. Owen into the building. My former manager, Mr. Charlie Rellet then got out his phone and began to dial the police, as he often did jokingly as a result of my typical refusal of mask removal.

As soon as Mr. Owen noticed that Mr. Rellet was seemingly phoning the police, he pulled out his firearm from the holster and began shooting Mr. Rellet until he was deceased. Mr. Owen proceeded to point the firearm at every person in the room, demanding they unlock the doors so he could leave. Once they were unlocked, he pointed his firearm at me and directed me to exit with him.

Having just seen my friend murder my former manager in cold blood with no regard for human life, I complied with his demands and got on the back of my motorcycle. He then drove us to the bank and had slowed just enough for me to hop off my motorcycle and run home from the bank, not knowing where he ended up going.

Upon arriving at home, I decided to change my clothes as they were not only soaking wet from the rain but also soaking with Mr. Rellet’s blood. In a state of panic, not knowing what I should do next, I called my closest friend in the city, Mrs. Remmi Corsetti, to talk through if I should return to the scene, phone the police, or head to Mission Row to give a statement and turn myself in.

Before she could answer the phone, a blonde female officer of the Los Santos Police Department arrived outside my home. I complied with her demands to put my hands up and shortly after, two more officers arrived on scene: Officer Jackson and Officer Willowick. I was then questioned by the officers regarding what happened and I complied as fully and completely as I was able to, despite my ongoing panic attack. I offered the officers possible locations Mr. Owen could be hiding and other known areas that he frequented.

It was at this point Officer Papadakis arrived on scene and began taking charge. At this time, it did not appear that Officer Papadakis had noticed Officer Willowick and Mrs. Corsetti was speaking privately about the situation. After their brief discussion, Officer Willowick and Mrs. Corsetti approached the squad car I was being held in and mentioned that I would most likely be charged with minor charges that would not have any effect with my current employers at the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services. Officer Willowick had noted that this is all very out of character for me and did not think this was something I would willingly take part in.

This is when Officer Papadakis appeared to notice me speaking to Officer Willowick and Mrs. Corsetti. Officer Papadakis then demanded that I allow them to enter my residence to confirm that Mr. Owen was not hiding inside of my home, as I had previously mentioned to the officers that he had been renting a room from me. I complied and was uncuffed so I could unlock the door and allow access to my property in order to search for Mr. Owen.

After about 5 to 10 minutes, Officer Jackson had exited and given the all-clear that Mr. Owen was not inside. However, the blonde female officer exited a few minutes later and bagan questioning me about why they found a singular marijuana plant inside my refrigerator. I then explained that I was rarely home as I often worked around 60 hours per week at LSEMS and typically slept in the locker room or in my car between shifts. Officer Papadakis then demanded I allow them access to search the many safes that I allowed Mr. Owen to place within my residence while he was staying there.

I explained to Officer Papadakis that I did not have the codes and thus had no idea what would be stored in Mr. Owen’s safes, so Officer Papadakis then requested a demolition team to forcefully open the safes. To my complete shock, the safes contained many illegal materials including illegal firearms and modifications, drug processing materials, as well as illegal controlled substances.

Unprompted, Mr. Owen then arrived on scene and was immediately detained by the officers and when questioned, he admitted that all the illegal materials within the residence were his and that I had no knowledge that he was bringing in these materials into my residence.

At the conclusion of their investigation, I was then informed of the full list of charges I would be receiving, which came as a complete shock as Officer Willowick had previously informed me that I may only be receiving minor charges.

It is in my opinion that my home was unfairly raided and I was charged with crimes that I did not commit, especially including the facts that both Mr. Owen had claimed responsibility for all illegal materials inside my home in addition to the fact that the officers should not have opened my refrigerator in the first place as it would have been impossible for Mr. Owen to be hiding inside without a noticeable mess to make room for himself.

Signed,

Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Kopi Crozen | Charges Appeal

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

• Mr. Crozen,
    My apologizes on the delay, we are currently in a bit of a backlog as we get things up and running. Your case has been taken under review, if you require an attorney please visit our Personnel Page and email your chosen attorney.

Currently the Judicial Branch of the San Andreas Gov't is awaiting policies from the LSPD and LSSD prior to continuing the process with cases, but it is advised that you start to collect your information for your side of the case. Should you choose to self represent, I will be your point of contact, should you employ and Attorney, all correspondences shall go through them. It is advised to utilize the attorneys if at all financially possible.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Judicial Branch
    San Andreas Government
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

• Mr. Crozen

Your case is now in an active state, I will contact you via a text message to inform you we need a response here as to how you wish to procced.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government
Kopi Raccoon
EMS Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

Post by Kopi Raccoon »

Honorable Bret Hyland I have yet to receive any form of communication from you. I am awaiting hearing from you to inform me how we are to proceed from here
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: 21-06-23-AP-004 - Kopi Crozen VS LSPD

Post by Colt Daniels »

• To whom it may concern,

As instructed by Associate Justice Hyland I will be taking over this case. Since my appointment to an Appellant Judge I have taken the appropriate time to familiarize myself with the case in its entirety. When both the defense and prosecution are ready we can proceed to a pre-trial hearing. Thank you.

From
    Appellate Judge
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Form 3.0.5 - Motion to Suppress
Motion to Suppress
Honorable : Judge Colt Daniels
  • We the Appellant in the case below are requesting that certain evidence be inadmissible in court.
    Assigned Court Case Number: 21-06-23-AP-004
    Requesting Party: Appellant
    Party Members: Kopi Crozen, Counsel Judith Mason
    Requested Evidence to Suppress: All evidence gathered from closed storage containers within the residence of Mr. Kopi Crozen
    Detailed explanation:
    Due to the facts that consent was only given to law enforcement officers to conduct a protective sweep to determine if Mr. Kaito Owen was within the residence, and that law enforcement had not gotten a search warrant to search anything further within Mr. Crozen's residence, we move to suppress any and all evidence that was gathered within closed storage containers from Mr. Crozen's residence.

Thank you for your consideration.
Respectfully,

Judith Mason
Counsel for Mr. Kopi Crozen
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Council Judith Mason

As discussed within the pre-trial hearing on the 20th of December 2021 at approximately 21:00 the Motion to Suppress all evidence gathered from closed storage containers within the residence of Mr. Kopi Crozen has been GRANTED.

From
    Appellate Judge
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Kopi Crozen v. Police Department | Docket #21-06-23-AP-004

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

With the holiday season behind us and all of us being back in town from our Leave of Absences id like to now schedule a trial for this case. At this time I look to have it on the 22nd of January at 8:00pm. ((UTC)) Please reach out to your clients and see if this time works for all parties and make it be known on the docket if it does. Thank you.

From
    Appellate Judge
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

At this time I will be postponing the trial to a later date. With the original time and date being under 24 hours away I still have yet to be contacted by all parties involved. I will be reaching out to both sides of this case via email to assure everyone is ready to proceed, once contact has been made we will schedule the trial. Thank you for your continued patience.

From
    Appellate Judge
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

This trial has officially been scheduled for the 27th of January at 8pm. ((UTC)) Attorneys, please assure you and your client arrive at least 30 minutes prior for pre-trial discussion. This will be a public trial and Weazel News will be covering it, I expect a large amount of the public to show up and the first 32 will have the opportunity to sit in the courtroom during the trial. The Department of Corrections will be acting bailiffs during the trial as well. I hope everyone is prepared as I do not plan to reschedule this trial again.

From
    Appellate Judge
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Discovery
Discovery

Honorable : Colt Daniels
  • We the defense in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Kopi Crozen v. Los Santos Police Department
    Assigned Court Case Number: 21-06-23-AP-004

Exhibit #1: Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
    Type of Discovery: Personal Medical Files
    • Diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder from 19/APR/2021, approximately 2 months before my client's arrest
    Diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder from 19/APR/2021
    Exhibit #2: Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
    • Diagnosis of PTSD and Depression from 24/JUN/2021, shortly after my client's arrest
    Diagnosis of PTSD and Depression from 24/JUN/2021
    Exhibit #3: Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
    • CRU Session Details from 24/JUN/2021, shortly after my client's arrest
    CRU Session Details from 24/JUN/2021

Signed,
Judith Mason
Court Clerk
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 21-06-23-AP-004

IN THE APPEALS COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

Kopi Crozen v. Los Santos Police Department
21-06-23-AP-004

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED:
    Obstruction of Justice
    Accessory to Murder

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 27th day of January, 2022.

• The case of 21-06-23-AP-004 - Kopi Crozen v. Los Santos Police Department has hereby been resolved.
    The appellant has hereby been found as not guilty on all counts. The changes will be removed from his record and he will be reimbursed $29,600 for the fines and compensated $20,750 for his time spent incarcerated.

After a lengthy review of all evidence and statements collected during trial, deliberations were made and a verdict was decided. Kopi Crozen has hereby been exonerated from all charges place on the 23rd of June, 2021. This case is now closed.

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED:
      Obstruction of Justice
      Accessory to Murder

Chief Justice