Sheriff's Newsletter - March 2021

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - March 2021

Post by Bobby Kirk »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    Another month has flown past and we're already stepping into Spring 2021. As we did last year, we would like to forewarn the public to look after one another, droughts are not uncommon in San Andreas and it's more important to stay hydrated in the county due to the lack of ease of access to water sources - and this is especially dangerous for elderly people.

In the Sheriff's Department this month, we've put our focus on the rampant increase of bus traffic in our county. It's no secret that the bus traffic has turned from being economically positive to becoming a menace for the people of the county. Thus, the Sheriff's Department has begun to be more strict with enforcing traffic laws on bus drivers, and more so, jail those who operate recklessly in their bus due to the danger that they pose while driving recklessly in a bus. We hope to soon be able to control the roads once more and ensure the safety of those who drive through, live in, or visit our beautiful Los Santos County.

Furthermore, the Sheriff's Department aims to boost our recruitment moving forward. While criminal activity has been at an all-time low in the county, which proves the efficiency and success of our department, we are still in need of employees - because when situations do happen, they are extremely dangerous and more so due to us often lacking deputies to handle them efficiently. So stay tuned and pay attention to our Job Opportunities.

I'd also like to take this moment to encourage you who read this, to head over onto our website's ride-along program section, read over the criteria and then send in your ride-along request. A ride-along will give you the first-hand experience of what it's like to be a Sheriff's Deputy and may assist you in making the decision on whether to apply for it or not.

Until next month.

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff III Aidan Woods

For the month of March, we are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff III Aidan Woods as the Deputy of the Month.

Deputy Sheriff III, Aidan Woods, has been with the Los Santos Sheriff's Department for 4 months total. months now. He recently reinstated in February as a Deputy Sheriff II and was then promoted to his current rank of Deputy Sheriff III. He takes much pride in his position in the Department, being in Air Support, Special Enforcement Detail, and Recruitment & Employment.

In November, Deputy Woods passed his training to become a full deputy with the Sheriff's Department. Since then, he has been nothing but very well behaved, and an amazing example towards others. He is now even a member of the Field Training Division, with very good performance.

Deputy Woods has proven to be a fantastic asset to the department. He is extremely consistent, clocking in a total of 224.31 hours during the month of March. He just recently joined the Special Enforcement Detail, where he plans to continue his dedication to the department to the highest standard. Within the Air Support Division, however, he has been clocking in tons of hours, progressing to the rank of Pilot within the division.

The Sheriff's Department wishes Deputy Sheriff III Woods nothing but more success and a promising career with the Department, and that he remains faithful to his commitments to provide a traditional and excellent service to the community. On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff III Aidan Woods will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).

STORY OF THE MONTH - THE BUSGEDDON V2

• A few weeks ago we were glad to see a new bus route starting in Paleto, it boosted the economy of Los Santos County greatly while also presenting new job opportunities for the people. However, this new bus route has proven to rapidly turn into a menace, and because of that, we would like to share important information about the new bus service.

We have a lot to say about this and we will start with some positive points. Namely that we have had no complaints about the following:
    • The number of busses per hour being too low
    • The bus being too late/early
    • The bus being full
    • The bus being unclean internally
    • Disability accessibility issues
    It is vital to keep in mind that a lot that is mentioned in this announcement is done by just a few bus drivers. In general, most bus drivers behave well there is just some small portion ruining it for the rest. The behavior of that small portion is the reason this public service announcement was made. We have several reports of dangerous situations caused by some of these bus drivers. And there have even been instances where busses were shot from/at.

Hence for the safety of everyone in our county we have to, unfortunately, be very strict on misconduct by bus drivers. And in an attempt to curb this behavior we will be stricter during traffic stops with busses. We have had several shifts where instructions were given to always issue a demerit if the situation regards a bus.

Driver license suspensions are issued on the third demerit or with Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle charges.

We have some tips on what not to do with a bus.
    • Do not leave the established roadways.
    • Do not drive in the incorrect lane.
    • Do not reverse onto the highway.
    • Do not hit other vehicles with your bus.
    • Do not wear a mask while driving a bus.
    Last but not least we have some tips on how to improve your bus driving.
    • Slow down gently before your bus stop and drive into it slowly.
    • Pull over to let emergency vehicles pass.
    • Take it easy and take your time it is not a race.
    • The slower your speed the easier you turn.
    • Wait a few seconds at bus stops and let passengers on and don't run them over (this would be very illegal).
    • Look before crossing an intersection.
    Master Deputy Argus Sneijder

Master Deputy Argus Sneijder
    Sheriff's Information Division, Features Editor.

-

MEET THE DEPUTY

Master Deputy Luka Rosselli
    Master Deputy Luka Rosselli joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on the 22nd of July, 2020. He was very enthusiastic about the job and what he was signing up for, as he demonstrated clearly throughout the 3-hour long academy and throughout his career with the department.

Today, Master Deputy Rosselli is a member of our Special Enforcement Detail, Air Support Division, and he's also an instructor for our Advanced Training Division. And as with all of our Deputy Sheriff IIIs and above, he also serves as a Field Training Deputy for our Field Training Division. The sheer amount of involvement and dedication that Master Deputy Rosselli shows is proof of his enthusiasm for his career with the department, and we're proud to have him in our ranks.

We'd like to give the public the opportunity to meet Master Deputy Rosselli, so we asked him a few questions.
    Why did you become a Sheriff's Deputy with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I had always been interested in joining law enforcement, I was juggling between the Police Department and the Sheriff's Department. I ended up making the decision to join the Sheriff's Department after being able to witness first-hand through the ride-along program how deputies operated, their work conditions, and the general camaraderie between deputies that I came across. It was a decision I never regretted.

What is your favorite thing about being a Sheriff's Deputy with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    Being in the Sheriff’s Department is a blessing; from the beautiful county to the respect we receive from all the people around it, and because of the great environment in the department between employees of all rank, from the regular field deputy to the sheriff. It's a work environment like no other, and one that I relish.

What makes your job great?
    The greatest feeling about being a deputy is the interactions with the people, The sheriff’s department has a great connection with the public and every interaction leaves me with a smile on my face and the feeling of a mutual connection and respect with whomever I meet. This is why I took this job.

What is your most memorable moment in the Department?
    The day I became a Field Training Deputy with the Field Training Division and conducted my first Field Training Session. It was such a great experience looking back at all I had achieved and learned, and realizing that I had gone from being a student to becoming a teacher - it's a moment that I relish and won't forget.

What is your aspiration for the future of your career?
    Two months from now I plan on going for the Sergeant Training Program, I want to give more to the Sheriff’s Department than I already do and I think that the Sergeant Training Program will allow me to develop further as a person and greatly benefit not only the department but the public as well.

What do you do outside of work? Do you have any hobbies?
    When I'm off-duty I spend my time driving around the county in various cars that I own. Being able to spend time in the county and freely drive around and experience its environment is the greatest feeling ever, and it always reminds me of how blessed I am to work in a beautiful place such as the county. I often find myself getting to experience this together with other off-duty deputies, and this just strengthens the already strong camaraderie in the department.

-

PROMOTIONS

• Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Tyrone Balakay (Reinstatement)
    Image Agent ► Image Field Agent
    • Joseph McMurphy (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Noah Carlile
    • Garret Groyce
    • Luka Rosseli
    • Colt Smith
    • Armin Pierce
    • Argus Sneijder
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Itsuki Ito
    • Aidan Woods
    • Axel Sutherland (Transfer)
    • Stefano Pilati
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Seth Cincaid
    • Toni Salatoni
    • Ryker Stone (Transfer)
    • Harvey Michelson (Transfer)
    • Alex Cannon
    • Percival Banks (Transfer)
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Titus Remington
    • Joe Olson
    • Roger Barrington
    • David Artillery
    • Ronnie Silver
    • Victoria McJohnson
    • Jay WIlson

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

This month we'd like to once again spotlight our Field Training Division which has seen a change in leadership since the sudden and unfortunate departure of Captain John Kemp. Succeeding Captain Kemp is Lieutenant Jon McCornish, a long-term law enforcement veteran who also leads our Special Enforcement Detail. With his expertise from the Special Enforcement Detail, and having been the Assistant Commanding Officer under Captain Kemp, we're confident in his ability to continue the mission of the division and to carry Captain Kemp's legacy forwards.

The Field Training Division is the backbone of the Department, together with the Recruitment and Employment Division, they are responsible for training and evaluating Sheriff's Trainees to ensure that we produce the best possible quality in our deputies as possible, for the people of this county.

The unfortunate stereotype in San Andreas is that anyone can become a Police Officer or Sheriff's Deputy and be handed a gun and a badge and dive straight into the action, but that's fortunately not the case. There's a very peculiar process which Sheriff's Trainees have to endure and pass in order to resume their employment at the Sheriff's Department, this program does not only test their critical thinking in the field but also tests many other mental qualities such as their social qualities, their patience, as well as ensuring that they have knowledge of San Andreas law. This process is spearheaded by our most experienced Sheriff's Deputies who have months of experience in the field and with paperwork, they are so-called Field Training Deputies.

Since the start of 2021, the program has recorded a total of 92 sessions. In March alone, the Field Training Program has recorded a total of 30 sessions with Sheriff's Trainees, which is divided into:
    • Field Training Sessions (3 training sessions, 1 evaluative session)
    • Daily Observation Reports (D.O.Rs)
    These training and evaluative sessions can take anywhere between 1 hour and 3 hours, sometimes they extend over several days. Accompanied by the field sessions themselves is a lot of paperwork done by the Field Training Deputies and Division Command Staff. And we cannot express enough how grateful we are that our Field Training Deputies are dedicated and enthusiastic about what they do.

The Sheriff's Information Division has reached out to Lieutenant Jon McCornish with some questions:
    What is the purpose and mission of your division?
    The purpose of the Field Training Division is to ensure that all Deputy Sheriff Trainees receive optimal field training and to ensure through proper training and evaluation that only competent, motivated, and ethical individuals become deputies of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

How many employees of the LSSD are members of your division?
    There are currently 34 employees that are part of the field training division.

How has the progress of your division been during the month?
    Progress for the month has been good, trainees are getting their sessions done in a timely manner and a few of them have already passed their evaluation successfully or been promoted to Deputy Sheriff I. During the month of March, we had 1 academy and a few trainees carrying over from the month of February, with which we conducted 23 Field Training Sessions and 7 Daily Observation Reports
    Lieutenant Jon McCornish

Did you meet any established goals during the month?
    With the loss of Captain John Kemp as Commanding Officer of the field training division, the main goal was to refill the ranks of FTD command. As the newly appointed Commanding Officer, I made it my first priority to find the best candidate to assist me. Sergeant Tyrone Balakay was appointed the new Assistant Commanding Officer and Master Deputy Garret Groyce was appointed Supervisor.

Do you have any established goals for the future?
    With the newly appointed command team our future goal, for now, is to go over our procedures and protocol and make any adjustments or corrections to them. The LSSD is an ever-growing department and we have to make sure our future deputies always get the most up-to-date training and information.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• In conclusion, we would like to thank you for reading this month's newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division puts lots of time and dedication into making the newsletter amazing for all to read. We hope to have April be an even better month than before, and with more and more members joining the Sheriff's Information Division. We plan to release more insights into our department for our civilians to see, and we hope you all enjoy it!

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.

Sergeant Tyrone Balakay
    Sheriff's Information Division, Features Editor
CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”