Press Release February 2021

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Press Release February 2021

Post by Solomon Cobb »

February of 2021 has been an interesting month with lots of events happening both internal and external. In this months press release we will be highlighting our internal teambuilding exercise event of biking up Mt Chiliad as well as our coordination with LSSD & Bayview for the County Career Fair that happened a few days ago.
We will also have an exclusive interview with one of our most frequent flyers at the DOC, Doug Grovesnor, an inmate who seems to treat our intake as a revolving door. This is in hope to get the stories out there of why the criminals do what they do as well as highlight the great work our Psych team does from a different perspective.
The CIC division will also get a special showcase in this press release to show the activities it has accomplished over the last few weeks ranging from handling Maximum Security Inmates, to providing security for the swearing in of the new Judges of the city.
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this months best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month February 2021
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below is a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My most memorable achievement so far at the DOC, is probably getting accepted into both CMT and Human Resources, and seeing how far I have been able to come since joining. I have learned a lot from in CMT from Donte Monroe, and Yuki Nakamura, and in Human resources Rashard Taylor and Nathaniel Grey have taught me a great deal. When I think about where I started and look back it makes me proud to know how far I've come and how much I've learned.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I don't have any specific goals at the moment, but I suppose a general one would be, I'd like to become a supervisor one day. I am content with just what I have now, and just using my knowledge to try and help teach the new trainees that are coming into the DOC.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Never be afraid to ask for help, or ask questions if you are ever unsure of how to handle a situations. DOC is a job that is very unique, and although we have procedures to handle some situations, you will find that, occasionally, inmates will surprise you with different dangerous scenarios. Just remember your basics, call for help, and ask for assistance if you need it, and dont try to be a hero.

"Has been continuously hard working and committing to any task given. He is respectful to inmates and other officers."
- #431 Lieutenant Yuki Nakamura

"Good attitude always ready to work, get along well with everyone, proactive in everything he does, ready to help everyone."
- #17 Captain Victoria McJohnson

"If only his haircut could be as good as his work ethic..."
- #04 Commander Solomon Cobb
We are glad we had the chance to show the city of Los Santos, what county had to offer. There are multiple employers that can and have provided it's workers with skills and experiences for many years to come. From officers to mechanics, the county wishes to show it's hard work and dedication. From the amazing turn out we had and the fun we all shared, SADOC can state that this was a successful day and could even possibly become a regular thing in the future! Thank you to our officers who took the time to help and thank you to the other two departments (SD and Bayview), for being so great to work with. Hopefully we have a chance to work again like this in the future!
The test drive area where people could try out the vehicles.
Helicopter rides provided by LSSD.
Information booths to get recruitment information.
Photo booth where you can get a fake mugshot of you in prison by Solomon Cobb.
The DOC team setting things up.
    • [align=center]When the going get tough, we call CIC.[/align]
      Once a Correctional Officer becomes a Senior Correctional Officer, they are eligible to apply to join the Correctional Intervention Corps. The division has replaced how CERT used to function and has taken most of it's protocols and refined them. As CIC is a division instead of a department, it is open a lot more Officers.

CIC does things such as:
      • Respond to CIC pagers.
      • Deal with HVT Transports.
      • Responds to hostage situations.
      • Assists MSO with the handing of MSIs.
      CIC has been very busy the past month!

Court stuff
    • CIC was tasked with protecting the Court during the swearing in of the judges. They were busy keeping the peace, opening doors and patting everyone down that came in. It was a great chance for our CIC operatives to assist the city by being allowed to get out of the DOC. Those that decided to break the law at the court were loaded into a vehicle and taken directly to the prison from the court. This even is a precursor to the involvement that SADOC will have with the court system.

MSI stuff
    • One of the most dangerous tasks that CIC operatives have to deal with on a daily basis is handling MSIs. These are our Maximum Security Inmates that have achieved a status greater than HVTs due to their constant risks.
      DOC already has a division specifically tailored to dealing with these, called Maximum Security Operations, but CIC is always there to give a helping hand. MSIs each have their own protocols written up for containment, processing and handling to keep all Officers as safe as possible for the duration of the MSI's incarceration.
    This section is written by our head of Psych - Corporal Kourtney Parrish #521. It is an interview with one of our frequent visitors at the prison, Doug Grovesnor. This was published with his consent and is meant to be a look into the inner-workings of Los Santos' criminal minds.
    Doug "The G" Grovesnor

• Today I sat down and spoke to Doug Grovesnor, the self acclaimed 2 times MMA Champion, to interview him. Doug is a frequent visitor of the SADOC with over 80 incarcerations.
      He spends his jail time cleaning employee cars, searching for the rat from ratatouille or hanging out with his gang.

• Why do you do illegal things?
      • Because crime pays, I make more money than we could here. stamps are worth 3 dollars. I'm balling. That's why they call me Doug the G.
        You rob a store with a gun worth 5k you get 12k profit.
        If you're a good enough driver like me, you can always get away at least 60% of the time.
        I'm always on the run. There's a warrant out for my arrest right now *laughs*. I come to prison a lot to meet the lovely guards.

Editor note: Crime does not pay, Doug has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines from coming to prison and it's estimated he has lost more than he has made based on the figures given by him.

• What's your favourite thing about DOC?
      • The guards and robbing people's stamps. I love getting 500 stamps from people.
        I like the friendship I have with guards. They let me do more things.

• What's your least favourite thing?
      • Lockdown where someone gets rowdy, then fighting then everyone goes on lockdown then guards say he can't get out.
        The lockdown lasts forever, and ever, and ever.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
      • More activities for the inmates like nerf gun shootouts. A bigger yard. It gets kinda boring in there with more stuff out there.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
      • I would give out more pay and be corrupt as possible. Everyone would get 20k an hour.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
      • Don't come back to prison! To all the 10-15s out there, don't do the crimes if you can't pay the fines. Always try and escape.

The following is what some fellow colleagues had to say about Doug.
    Yuki Nakamura wrote:Doug is quite a good snitch. If you ever need him to tell you something, he's usually good at telling us.
    He's like a really bad rash, no matter how cream you apply or how much dedication you give to get rid of it, it seems to come back every single day.
    Kourtney Parrish wrote:Like Doug is always like super friendly but often like finds himself where he shouldn't be. He's like super complaint to go back and even when he's like released he always comes back to visit. Like it's just a shame he never got his xbox.
    A work order for Doug's XBOX. Included is a diagram of Doug.

ImageCOT to CO1Image

#581 Adam Fax
    #582 Titus Remington
    #590 Jhin Kaur
    #589 Albert Taylor
    #588 Paul Reid
    #587 Richard Jenkins
    #585 Charlie Mconally
    #584 Pablo Enames
    #583 Brad Fellick
    #595 Marco Diaz
    #593 Tony Domigno
    #549 Lasheek Maleek
    #466 Ronnie Silver
    #591 Jason Rhee

ImageCorrectional Officer I to Correctional Officer IIImage
    #559 Balian heart
    #561 Danielle Young
    #575 Mikhail Garin
    #573 Jay Willson
    #573 Jay Jericho
    #569 Loukianos Galanis
    #568 Scotty Ramirez
    #558 Ellie Berrycloth
    #589 Albert Taylor
    #587 Richard Jenkins
    #583 Brad Fellick
    #567 Tom Vandijk

ImageCorrectional Officer III to Senior Correctional OfficerImage
    #542 Vince Lawson

ImageSenior Correctional Officer to CorporalImage
    #521 Kourtney Parrish

ImageCorporal to SergeantImage
    #421 Giorgos Papageorgiou
    #499 Jorge Lewis
    During the recent period at the SADOC, we have had a rise of inmate violence and inmates committing crimes whilst in prison. When this happens, inmates will receive less privileges than they previously had and are often punished for their actions. These punishments can include:
    • Not being allowed to receive visitations from friends and family
    • Cellblock lockdowns where they will be locked into a cell until they calm down. Repeated fighting after a lockdown is released will result in longer lockdowns for ALL inmates
    • Solitary confinement - Assaulting an officer results in MAX solitary time of 45-60 days and assault on inmates can be 30 days in solitary.
    • Charges can also be added to individuals who commit murder when in prison or make life-threatening assaults on officers.
    The last few weeks we have had more and more inmates committing violent acts against other inmates and officers, as this escalates the SADOC will raise our internal threat level and punishments given will be harsher and the inmates will get less and less freedom. This is always purely as a reactionary measure from the behavior we witness within the cell block. Our number 1 priority is the safety of inmates and officers, when that is threatened we will react accordingly.

At lower threat level we can conduct many visitations per day, conduct cellblock activities and learning opportunities for the inmates. We are currently at General Alert Status Red. This is the highest security level we have had in a while and this means that until the behavior of inmates gets better and we see less incidents reoccurring and prison riots starting, inmates will not have a good time.

During General Alert Status Red, we do allow visitations but only to Supervisor discretion and the behavior of the specific inmate you wish to visit. If said inmate has been participating in fights or riots then they will be instantly denied.

Teamwork is something we wish to heavily embed into our culture at the SADOC, one of the ways we do this is from social events. Our most recent one organized by #431 1st Lieutenant Yuki Nakamura is our offroad biking event where we hired some bicycles and took a ride up Mt Chiliad. This was a great team building opportunity as we ensured no man was left behind.
    The bus ride to the base of the mountain.
    The team ready to set off.
    What's a mountain bike ride without a visit from LSEMS?
    Recruitment
     ! Message from: Human Resources Command
    Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 25/10/2020. Please see below on how to apply.
      • (( Must have a Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
    • Citizenship/Residency: Must be a American Citizen at the time of submitting an application, and been a resident of San Andreas for no less then 12 Months.
      • (( Must have over 5,000 XP in total across all characters ))
    • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
    • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full time positions. You may have a part time position while working at the SADOC.
    • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
      • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
    • Additional Requirements:
      • You are required to fill out a application online, you must have a access to a computer and be able to use it.
      • You are required to pass a extensive background check, where you criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
      • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on duty hours a week ))
      • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
    So that concludes the SADOC Press Release for February 2021, many things highlighted which I hope continues in the coming months. Sometime in the next week we will be hosting a small competition to give the general public a chance at winning some $$$ with a total prize pot of $150,000 so keep an eye out for that!
    As usual, if there's anything from this press release you wish to talk about feel free to click one of the links below my name to send me a direct email or one to the entire public relations division and I will point you in the right direction for answers to anything if I cannot provide them myself.

Solomon Cobb
    Commander of Special Divisions & Head of PR
    San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Yuki Nakamura
    1st Lieutenant, Human Resources, Head of CMT

[email protected]
    Kourtney Parrish
    Corporal, Human Resources, Head of Psych