Sheriff's Newsletter - February 2021

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - February 2021

Post by Bobby Kirk »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    February has been a surprisingly slow month for the Sheriff's Department in terms of innovation. Our department's operations have been running smoothly as expected. We've seen some of our department veterans retire and some new trainees take their place. We'd like to take this opportunity to express our sadness over the retirement of Staff Sergeant CJ Ryan, Sergeant James Hawkes, and Sergeant Frank Moses. But we'd also like to express gratitude and thank them for the work that they committed themselves to in our department, with the sole purpose of improving it and making it more efficient in serving the public. We hope that they one day will find their way back to the Sheriff's Department.

Recent government installations in the county such as the new Fish Market, Bus Depot and Ore Refinery, have yet again brought life back into the county. We don't expect the government to stop there as their goal is to attract population to the county - something which the Sheriff's Department greatly appreciates. However, this new flourishing activity also means that the Sheriff's Department will need to expand our roster to ensure that we can with efficiency and speed, bring public service to those in need. We encourage those who are interested, to read about our hiring process and to apply for a job at the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

In an attempt to keep the public informed of what we do and what we consist of, we've partnered up with other government agencies (or contracted) of the county, such as the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Bayview Auto Center to bring you a County Job Fair. This County Job Fair is scheduled to be held at the Sandy Shores Airfield on March 6th at 18:00. You will be able to meet and talk with a wide variety of personnel from all departments and hopefully find an interest in applying for a job at either of them.

Let's see what else March has in store for us.
    Undersheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff III Argus Sneijder

For the month of November, we are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff III Argus Sneijder as the Deputy of the Month.

Deputy Sheriff III, Argus Sneijder, has been with the Los Santos Sheriff's Department for 3 months now. Deputy Sneijder finished his academy on November 23nd, 2020, and has shown an admirable work ethic ever since he first received the badge. He takes pride in his work with Highway Enforcement Division and working towards greater things within the Los Santos Sheriff's Department.

Deputy Sneijder passed his Field Training Program, proving to be capable and knowledgeable with the Department’s protocols and procedures. Deputy Sneijder slowly but surely advanced in our Department, eventually reaching the rank of Deputy Sheriff III making sure to pass his vast knowledge within the Field Training Division.

Deputy Sneijder has proven to be a great asset to the department. He is actively working in the field, being quick in responses, and makes sure that traffic rules are followed by everyone, no matter their standings. The courage, determination, and passion that Sneijder had when he joined this department are still there and we are all proud to have him wearing our badge and representing our department in the public. Argus Sneijder has nothing but a bright future in his Law Enforcement Career.

The Sheriff's Department wishes Deputy Sheriff III Sneijder nothing but a continually developing and promising career with the Department, and that he remains faithful to his commitments to provide a traditional and excellent service to the community. On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff III Argus Sneijder will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).

STORY OF THE MONTH - THE BUSGEDDON

• The Busgeddon is upon us in the county, and we must all work to stay safe.

The government recently established the very first county bus route and this opened up great new job opportunities for the people of the county. The government's bureau of statistics has estimated that around 39% of the county is now employed in the public sector thanks to this new bus route.

While this is a positive improvement for the general economy of the county and its people, this increase in busses on the road has also resulted in some negativity. It's no secret that the government does zero security checks prior to hiring new bus drivers, while by law they are required to have a driver's license, the Sheriff's Department has had a 60% increase in arrests for operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver's license - the majority of this being drivers of buses. Mors Mutual Insurance has also shared new statistics with the Sheriff's Department. Since the installation of this new bus route - the insurance company has paid out an estimate of $20,000,000.00 for traffic collisions in the county, many of these being with the new buses that often drive in a pack of 5-6. This comes with no surprise, as the determined bus drivers tend to go from 100 km/h to exactly 0 km/h in a millisecond as they arrive at a bus stop - and anyone who happens to find themselves behind a bus is in for a surprise once that bus arrives at a bus stop.

The Sheriff's Department's Highway Enforcement Division has faced many challenges in the past, but none like this one. While we promise to do our best to keep the roads and highways of the county safe and free from dangers, we are unable to be everywhere at once. We ask that motorists pay attention to the roads and that when they approach a bus on the road - they should focus, remain calm and operate at a speed below the speed limits until it's safe to overtake the bus or otherwise choose a different route. We ask that motorists don't agitate any busses on the roads, as the chances are that the person behind the wheel is inexperienced and may unexpectedly turn into you or lose control of their bus.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Lieutenant Jason Wild graduated from the Sheriff's Academy on the 20th of October 2019, passing his Field Training Program only 8 days later. This determination of success and enthusiasm has remained with him ever since.

Being the Assistant Commanding Officer of our Detention and Parole Bureau, which he has been a member of since the 16th of August 2020, Lieutenant Wild is very active in the field among his peers. His impeccable work ethic in the office is reflected in his work ethic in the field, where he often finds himself alongside deputies fighting in the frontline against the rising criminal activity in the county.

To learn a bit more about Lieutenant Wild, the Sheriff's Information Division has reached out to him with a few questions.
    -
    Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I always wanted a job that had a certain amount of adventure and diversity. That was the original reason for applying. When I started going out on the field, I realized that what we did, as deputies, had a major impact on people their lives. This ability to help and change lives for the better is a constant motivation to keep going. I want to use this opportunity to thank Captain John Kemp for introducing me to this beautiful job.

What is your favorite thing about being a supervisor for the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a supervisor is the ability to help not only the civilians in the county but also my fellow deputies. This ranges from supervisory duties on the field, giving the deputies clear orders on what to do, to paperwork-related issues. Some deputies respond well to clear instructions while others prefer being given more freedom. I enjoy creating a work environment where everyone feels comfortable doing what needs to be done in a manner that works best for them.

What are your aspirations for your future career in the LSSD?
    I currently hold the rank of Lieutenant within the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. I am slowly working my way towards Command Staff, which begins at the rank of Captain. This is a long and intense road and I am looking forward to the new challenges that will present themselves.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    There are countless special moments that I have encountered in my time in the department. What I find most memorable or inspiring is when you see your colleagues grow. I remember certain deputies being trainees, that are now very capable sergeants and supervisors. Seeing my fellow deputies grow, not only in rank but also seeing them change into the person they are today is very inspiring.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    The county is an amazing place for a variety of activities. I love going out in the forests to enjoy the serenity that comes with them. I also like physical exercise, boxing in particular.
    -

PROMOTIONS

• Image Senior Agent ►Image Lieutenant
    • Jason Wild
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Nathan Normandy
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Will Grigg
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Colt Daniels (Reinstatement)
    • Olatunji Osas (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Noah Carlile
    • Argus Sneijder
    • Aidan Woods (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Itsuki ito
    • Skylar Cassel
    • Maccy Kentworth
    • Stefano Pilati
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Stephany Reeder
    • Alex Cannon (Reinstatement)

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

The Sheriff's Department's Highway Enforcement Division is responsible for the investigation of traffic collisions and traffic-related crimes. While the Traffic Division is relatively small for the vast ground that they are expected to cover in the county, the division consists of the department's finest deputies who all have the same goal, to keep the roads of the county safe and free from danger, whether the danger is meteorological related or human.

The Sheriff's Information Division previously highlighted the Highway Enforcement Division in October 2020, when the division first was founded. Today, the division is commanded by Staff Sergeant Nica Dumitru.

Staff Sergeant Dumitru is very positive about the division's development, when it was initially founded it was difficult to find determined Traffic Deputies who enjoyed the duties of a Traffic Deputy, however, since time has progressed, so has the division. Today, the division stands strong with 15 traffic deputies and with the goal of recruiting even more.
    Staff Sergeant Nica Dumitri

Staff Sergeant Dumitru also shared that the division is progressing to take a more proactive approach to maintain safety on our roads, and one approach is to set up more traffic operations such as D.U.I. checkpoints throughout the county - as it has been statistically proven to be the most efficient way of combatting traffic-related crimes, by discovering and ending it before it can become hazardous for others. He also shared that he wishes to work with the Police Department's Traffic Division more closely as both divisions share this same goal, and together, they can do it more efficiently.

The biggest challenge that the division faces today is motorists speeding on the highways of the county, motorists driving recklessly on the wrong lane of the highways to skip the $300 toll booth, and the sudden increase of bus drivers with the new bus route installation in the county as these busses have shown to not care about motorists, and do not operate at legal speed limits on the highways (considering that their busses cannot reach 145, thus becoming a road obstacle). Staff Sergeant Dumitru aims to tackle these challenges by utilizing his deputies to map out the hotspots of these traffic-related crimes, and having more frequent patrol and speed traps at these zones.

Staff Sergeant Dumitru would also like to express his gratitude to the men and women under him for their excellent work in the field, and also to motorists who show compassion and understanding on the roads. He repeats the challenge that the Department as a whole face, we cannot be everywhere at once thus we require that civilians remain vigilant and focused on the roads, and take a proactive approach to avoid dangers themselves.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”