Sheriff's Newsletter - December 2020

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - December 2020

Post by Bobby Kirk »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    We're now at the end of 2020, another full year here at the Sheriff's Department. Executive Staff has been reflecting on the things we are most grateful for. Primarily among those is the talented group of employees. Thank you for the work you have done for the department this year. You have helped us provide award-winning public service to the communities of San Andreas. Thank you for your dedication and hard work because of which we are today one of the best departments. We’ve come through a year that was filled with both challenges and victories. How reassuring its been to know that we can count on all of you regardless of what faces us.

December has been one of the most giving and exciting months for the department. We've not only taken delivery of our great new uniforms that add a unique touch to our employees, but we've also seen additions to our fleet. This has not only boosted the general morale among our employees and department leadership, but it has also shown a bright future for the further development of the department.
    Undersheriff Harry Payne
    We'd like to end this giving month by congratulating Captain John Kemp and Captain Kitiara Romanov on their promotions from Lieutenant. During their tenure with the department, they have implemented protocols and procedures which have improved efficiency in their assigned areas and have frequently been recognized for their outstanding achievement.

As we move into 2021, we hope for yet another prosperous year - and we hope to improve our transparency with the public through the works of the Sheriff's Information Division. Thank you all for this year.
    Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    Undersheriff Harry Payne

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Master Deputy Tom Banks
    For the month of December, we are proud to announce Master Deputy Tom Banks as the Deputy of the Month.

Master Deputy Banks graduated from the Sheriff's Academy on the 22nd of June, 2020, and the Field Training Program on the 19th of July, 2020. Immediately as a Deputy Sheriff I, Banks showed great enthusiasm and potential in the department. Through his admirable work ethic which he has shown since the beginning, as well as impeccable effort and contribution, he raced through the ranks of the Sheriff's Department.

Today, Master Deputy Banks is an esteemed member of our Recruitment and Employment Division where he is praised for the amount of work that he puts into his duties in ensuring that the department is properly staffed. In addition to involving himself in the frontline of our Recruitment Process, he is a member of the Field Training Division and has for the past couple of months, been one of the top trainers of the division.

Master Deputy Banks has proven to be a great asset to the department. He is actively working in the field, being quick in responses, and cool-headed in stressful situations. We are all proud to have him wearing our badge and representing our department in the public and proud over calling Master Deputy Banks a reliable and professional role model to others.

The Sheriff's Department wishes Master Deputy Banks nothing but a continually developing and promising career with the Department, and that he remains faithful to his commitments to provide a traditional and excellent service to the community. On behalf of the Department, Master Deputy Tom Banks will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).

STORY OF THE MONTH

• December has not only been a festive month for the people of San Andreas but also the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. This month saw the biggest upgrade in logistics, with two new vehicles in the Sheriff's Department's fleet and new uniforms to accommodate our needs to perform our public service with the most efficiency and speed.

In our fleet, we welcome the Vapid Scout - a vehicle that will work alongside the old Sheriff's Granger. The Vapid Scout packs a punch, not only has it got a 3.5l V6 engine, but its four-wheel-drive allows us to utilize the patrol car to respond in various terrains of the county while maintaining speed and stability.

We also welcome the Sheriff's Vacca - a vehicle that will work alongside the Pfister 811 high-speed interception unit. This vehicle not only packs a punch, but it also comes equipped with Lights and Sirens. This is not only good for the safety of the driver but also for other motorists who will be able to quickly spot the High-Speed vehicle and yield for it.

Thanks to the budget allocation of 2021, our wardrobe has also seen changes. Our uniform wardrobe now consists of 20 different uniforms used for various purposes, from our Special Enforcement Detail to the Detention and Parole Bureau - each deputy will now wear a uniform that uniquely represents the division that they work for. We are thankful to have been given the opportunity to leave our turtle neck and parachute pants behind, and now accurately represent a professional Law Enforcement Agency.
    Sheriff John Wallace
    We are very glad to have finally received our much anticipated new uniforms and equipment. The government has made sure to extensively test the fabrics of our new uniforms for a long time. We think that with this addition, we can move the department into 2021 and continue to prosper. The Sheriff's Department has been a success ever since its inception, and like other departments in San Andreas, we continue to serve the community at full capacity at all times. We feel like the uniforms perfectly capture the character of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department and its members. It's a timeless chique that is tough nonetheless.

The government has also approved a request for an off-road capable patrol vehicle, acquiring multiple Vapid Scout Police Interceptors to be used by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. With the addition of this new patrol vehicle, we can cover all tracks around the county sufficiently and can expand our service to communities living a more isolated lifestyle.

Sheriff John Wallace

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Deputy Sheriff I Argus Sneijder graduated from the Sheriff's Academy on November 22nd, 2020.

While still being relatively new to the department, Deputy Sneijder has demonstrated a great work ethic with his immense contribution. In the field, Deputy Sneijder is a "stickler for the rules" with his precise and professional policing in the community, especially when it comes to traffic-related offenses.

The Sheriff's Information Division has chosen him as our Deputy Spotlight piece on this month's newsletter, and this is what he has to share with us;
    What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    How every day is different. You do not know beforehand what your day will be like or what you will encounter. Now it might be a boring day but the great unexpected moments more than makeup for this. And in the end, you do not know what the day will bring but it will be very diverse.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    One of my firsts arrests was using a predator during a Sierra with Master Deputy Grayson. We had suspects who were swimming away from catfish and the choice was made to deploy a predator. The man did his best to hide on the side of the island but I spotted him and we were able to swiftly arrest the man.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    Well, I used to be an engineer in my family business. Due to personal circumstances, I made the choice to leave. I did not want to work for a competitor competing with my family business. Hence I went and applied to be a sheriff because that has always been my second choice after an engineer. That so far seems to have been a good choice.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    I feel it is great to see a crime being prevented and criminals being taken off the street. Directly seeing the results of your actions is one of the greatest feelings.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    I think this plan is a little over 2 months but I hope to make sheriff deputy III and apply to DPB once this is done. I would have loved to advance in the highway enforcement division as well.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    I take weekly ballroom dancing classes and have a bi-weekly fun activity with friends. Next up is bowling last time we went raffle that I won. Fishing on the pier is also a good old time hobby.

-

PROMOTIONS

• Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • John Kemp
    • Kitiara Romanov
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • James Hawkes
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Tyrone Balakay (Transfer from Sergeant)
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Nathan Normandy
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Noah Carlile
    • Garret Groyce
    • Luka Rosselli
    • Vivianna Rovigatti
    • Kane Charlson
    • Clay Wilson
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Zack Rowsdower
    • Aidan Woods
    • Skylar Cassel
    • Phillip Hellsingh
    • Argus Sneijder
    • Maverick McCummin
    • Tim Sanderton
    • Melvin Ruiz

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

"The purpose of the Field Training Division is to ensure that all Deputy Sheriff Trainees receive optimal field training and to ensure through proper training and evaluation that only competent, motivated, and ethical individuals become deputies of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department."

The Field Training Division is one of the department's most vital divisions that host the program that trains and evaluates new Deputy Sheriffs. Experienced deputies that wish to progress through the ranks of the department are required to partake in the division and in the training & evaluation, currently, there are 25 members of the Field Training Division.

Since - the Field Training Division has been commanded by Captain John Kemp, together with his Assistant Commanding Officer, Staff Sergeant Jon McCornish.

The Sheriff's Information Division contacted Captain Kemp to get greater insight into the division, its future goals, and progress.
    Q: How has the progress of your division been during December?
    A: The Field Training Division's progress is linked to the Recruitment and Employment Division's activity. During the month of December, there weren't any academies conducted so the amount of Field Training Sessions was only 16 along with 9 Daily Observation Reports since the last academy was conducted on the 22nd of November 2020.

Q: Did you meet any established goals during December?
    A: Our main goal for the month of December was to get all the trainees from the previous academy through the Field Training Program and ensure that they are competent before sending them out on Romeo patrols in the field.

Q: Do you have any established goals for the future?
    A: Our future goal, for now, is to recruit a Field Training Supervisor to assist me and Staff Sergeant Jon McCornish in processing trainee files and ensure that Deputy Sheriff Trainees are not overlooked during their training period.
    The Field Training Division is no easy challenge for deputies, but it's a challenge that we are grateful that many partake in. Statistics from July - December 2020 shows that the work is extensive - although extensive, it also shows that the Sheriff's Department put in an immense amount of effort to ensure that our communities are protected by the best of the best.
    • Trainee Performance:
    • July: 27 Trainees in total, 16 Passed, 3 Resigned and 8 Discharged.
    • August: 11 Trainees in total, 5 Passed, 6 Resigned and 0 Discharged.
    • September: 9 Trainees in total, 7 Passed, 1 Resigned, 1 Discharged.
    • October: 7 Trainees in total, 4 Passed, 3 Resigned, 0 Discharged.
    • November: 6 Trainees in total, 5 Passed, 1 Resigned, 0 Discharged.
    • December: 16 Trainees in total, 7 Passed, 4 Resigned, 4 Discharged and 1 on Leave of Abscense Pending evaluation.
    • Field Training Sessions Conducted:
    • July: 71 Field Training Sessions and 24 Daily Observation Reports.
    • August: 77 Field Training Sessions and 14 Daily Observation Reports.
    • September: 38 Field Training Sessions and 6 Daily Observation Reports.
    • October: 31 Field Training Sessions and 13 Daily Observation Reports.
    • November: 44 Field Training Sessions and 9 Daily Observation Reports.
    • December: 16 Field Training Sessions and 9 Daily Observation Reports.
    Captain John Kemp
    "A lot of people seem to think that you can apply to the Sheriff's Department, or even the Police Department, be handed a gun and a car and then be put on the streets the same day as your graduation from the academy - however, this is not the case. The Field Training Program is very strict and trainees have a lot of limitations in regards to what they can do in the field, these limitations reflect on their progress in the program - for example, a trainee must complete a certain session in order to be able to work at the Impound Lot to either release or impound vehicles, or a certain session to be able to drive a car. This is important to remember, if you are looking to join the Sheriff's Department, you're looking at a training and evaluative period that can last up to a month - and if you can't pass it, you get removed from the Sheriff's Department". Captain Kemp says.

The Sheriff's Department leadership is extremely pleased with the current operation of the Field Training Program, and we can only see a brighter future for the division with new innovation and structural changes.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. 2021 has a lot of things in store for the Sheriff's Department, within the next few weeks, we'll be joining another department and a government-contracted company in a Job Fair event in the county. Stay tuned for more information.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”