Sheriff's Newsletter - October 2020

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - October 2020

Post by Bobby Kirk »

The month of October has presented a lot of enthusiasm internally in the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department as many of our previous vacant positions were filled by employees of our supervisors and command staff team. This creates an opportunity for further development of areas that were previously stagnant, and we see nothing but a bright future ahead for the department.

On the side of staffing, our Recruitment and Employment Division spearheaded by Commander Robert Jeys has been working tirelessly to bring new trainees in through the hiring process of the department. We are eager to follow the development of our new trainees and hope that they will successfully pass our rigorous field training program. Although we've held two academies this month, we are still eager to see even more trainees employed in the near future - if you haven't already and are eligible for it, we encourage you to apply for our Ride-Along Program so that you can get a first-hand experience of what's it like to be a Deputy Sheriff for the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

Some may have noticed that the Sheriff's Information Division has been producing more releases for the public. At the Sheriff's Department, we believe that transparency is the key to a successful connection with the community - and thus we've recently opened our doors for employees to apply and contribute to keeping the public informed. We hope that once the division has been staffed properly, even more releases will be published.

Some may have also noticed that the department now hosts two Undersheriffs. This is following an internal restructure of responsibilities, Undersheriff Harry Payne is now solely responsible for staff and operations, while I, were appointed to spearhead the administrative side of the department. I am grateful for being given this opportunity and I am eager to see how I can approve the department's administrative side in the future.

As for November, we don't expect to see any major changes - however, as always, we will strive towards further positive development both for the department and the community. Enjoy the newsletter.

We are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff III Soap Montasser as our Deputy of the Month. Deputy Soap did not do one specific thing to achieve this today, instead, Deputy Montasser has given us something even more valuable. Ever since joining our department and graduating from the academy on July 22nd, Montasser has shown us nothing but consistency and passion in everything he does. This employee has logged an impressive 210 duty hours over the last month alone. As a member of our training division, he is constantly looking to improve himself and those around him, taking out trainees and teaching them in a calm manner, going out of his way to help them in becoming better law enforcement officers. Deputy Montasser did not only show us consistency but he also majorly contributed to the morale of our department. As many of you are aware, being a deputy is not an easy job, and unfortunately, we have lost many good deputies over the years. Deputy Montasser has always been there for his colleagues in times of need, raising the spirits of those around him. He is always positive and willing to help, even in the most complex, dangerous, and depressing situations. We want to use this opportunity to thank Deputy Soap Montasser for his hard work and contribution to this department, we look forward to seeing this deputy excel and we wish him nothing but success in his future goals.

Deputy Sheriff III Soap Montasser will be rewarded with a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (( $100,000.00 )).

-

Agent Colt Daniels joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on the 27th of February. Agent Daniels is currently a member of several divisions in the department, starting with the Recruitment & Employment Division and Highway Enforcement Division, but most noticeably, the Detention and Parole Bureau, which is one of the most respected units in the Sheriff's Department, as the division offers second chances to people who got on the wrong path. Agent Daniels has shown outstanding work ethic and commitment during his time in the Sheriff's Department. We are proud to have Agent Daniels in our ranks, it proves that the Sheriff's Department stands for strong diversity and equality.

The Sheriff's Information Division contacted Agent Daniels to get greater insight of him as a person;

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    The reason I became a deputy was when I joined the department I was at a real low point in my life, I decided to become a deputy to be a part of something bigger than myself, to be able to go home at night and feel like I made a difference in someone's life, that I protected people, and saved lives. The reason I joined the Sheriff's Department, was for the feeling of knowing I was doing something that was worth it.
    -

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a deputy would have to be the community, the Los Santos Sheriffs Department is like a big family, everybody knows everybody and many of us are friends outside of the line of duty. I wouldn't trade my role here for the world and don't see myself leaving the department anytime soon.
    -

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    My most memorable moment within the Los Santos Sheriffs Department actually happened recently. I achieved one of my long term goals of becoming an Agent within the Detention and Parole Bureau.
    -

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The greatest feeling is knowing that I make a difference in the lives of the people of Los Santos.
    -

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    In 2 months' time I see myself as a Field Agent, passing my STP and moving up within the department.
    -

What do you like doing outside of work?
    Outside of the department I am part of Burnout Nation, a club that's main focus is vehicles and the community coming together, we hold many events and raise awareness for worthy causes. Most recently we did an all-pink car meet to raise awareness for breast cancer since October was Brest Cancer Awareness month.

• Image Assistant Sheriff ► Image Undersheriff
    • Bobby Kirk
    Image Commander ► Image Assistant Sheriff
    • Pierce Hardy
    Image Captain ► Image Commander
    • Marco Davis
    • Robert Jeys
    Image Sergeant ► Image Staff Sergeant
    • Nica Dumitru
    • Jon McCornish
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Frank Moses
      Miles Logan (Transfer)
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • James Hawkes
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Colt Daniels
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Ziad Dockson
    • Russ Stax
    • Mannfred Valentine
    • Matthew Handley
    • James Famingo
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Soap Montasser
    • Tom Banks
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Halvard Berg
    • Deshawn Stax
    • Elian Ramos
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Elian Ramos (Teddy King) (Reinstatement)
    • Cattleya Townsend
    • Jim Daniel (Reinstatement)
    • Kent Bardoue (Reinstatement)
    • Madison Hall
    • Montraie Stax
    • Omar Jabar
    • Noah Carlile

-

The Highway Enforcement Division is a new division in the Sheriff's Department, being only 4 months old. The division was first founded by then Captain, now Commander Marco Davis, however, the Commanding Officer spot was handed over to Sergeant Nica Dumitru who has been a member of the division since the very beginning. The main purpose of the division is to catch speeders, stolen vehicles, and criminals who're driving fast vehicles on the county roads. Although the division is only 4 months old, it already has 16 members who're keeping the roads safer in the county. With the four months' time, the division has managed to drastically reduce speeding on the main highways and they also managed to retrieve a lot of stolen vehicles with the traffic stops and checks they did on the highways.

"We had slow but good progress. We are a new division of SD so things are moving slowly but surely towards constant improvement.
    We will start having more often operations and hoping to get more members once the new Trainee's finish the training program." said Sergeant Dumitru, Commanding Officer of the Highway Enforcement Division, when asked about progress in the division.

According to Dumitru, their next goal in the division is to improve it as much as possible and do their best to combat crime and speeding in the county. And the division improvement is already showing signs, as they held an operation for speeding that lasted for an hour, where they did 7 vehicle stops, issuing 7 fines for speeding, 5 demerits. Also within that hour, they managed to catch one suspect who fled from them, which ended with an arrest.

-

• We hope that you have enjoyed our newsletter. We plan on expanding them slightly with more information that could be interesting for the public to see; however, we need some help in finding those interesting topics/areas. For that, we plan on creating a Community Letterbox in which the public will be given the opportunity to submit questions, feedback, concerns etcetera directly to the Sheriff's Information Division through our website. More about this will come later this month.

Please take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
    Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”