Press Release September 2020

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Press Release September 2020

Post by Solomon Cobb »

The SADOC Public Relations division brings to you the September summary press release, a public record of the things going on at Bolingbroke Penitentary since our last update. This press release highlights some of our major promotions such as the 2 new High Command promotions, our employee of the month, recruitment status and also the creation of a new division; Cellblock Operations Bureau, along with any other minor updates that might interest the public.

The last month has been fairly quiet in terms of activities withing the SADOC but we have still been going strong with recruitment and training and I'd recommend anybody interested in joining a career in corrections to visit our recruitment desk or contact one of our Human Resources officers for more information. Our HR department has expanded and we've welcomed on 2 new officers who should be able to increase the speed and quality of our recruitment processes.
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this months best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month September 2020
Correctional Officer II Donte Monroe - #507
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below is a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My most memorable achievements in SADOC would have to include my total 10-15 process count my FIRST month at DOC, I didn't realize until the end of the month that how many I've done and definitely didn't think I would triple almost everyone's numbers. When I realized I did that with little effort and while in the learning process of the job entirely, was the same moment I realized how far and how much I can honestly achieve here. The possibilities are endless and no one can stop me from climbing to the top.
Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Being a new member of the division of my choice, Human Resources, I'm sticking to my goal with anything I decide to do in life. Work hard, Work smarter, and Work faster than everyone else around.
Climb to the mountain, and shine brighter than what's at the top.
Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Many avenues are available to you in the field of corrections. This profession gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those who work for you, those who walk through our doors at one of the lowest points in their lives, it's our chance to better them and make that difference.

Be a knowledge sponge, learn from those who came before you, and attend all education classes you can. The profession continues to change: Be willing to evolve with it.
"Donte has put in a ridiculous amount of hours each week since starting with us and is a great example of everything we expect from a correctional officer. His GFO duties have been high quality and I look forward to seeing what he makes of his new position within the Human Resources department. "
- #04 Commander Solomon Cobb
"Donte has shown tremendous dedication to his GFO duties over the past month and has differentiated himself from the pack with his strong work ethic. I can't wait to see him excel in his new position within the Human Resources Department. "
- #05 Commander Nick McAlister
Recruitment
    Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 19/07/2020. Please see below on how to apply.
      Applicant Requirements
      ✘ Must be a citizen of San Andreas
        ✘ Must not have any serious crimes (will be dealt with on a case to case basis).
          ✘ Must not be a serving member of the Los Santos Police Department or Los Santos Sheriff Department.
            ✘ Must be over 18 years of age and no older than 55.
              (( Must want to RP at a high standard - we'll help, of course, if you’re new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                (( Must have over 5,000 XP in total across all characters ))
                  (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on duty hours a week ))
                    (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                      Application Process
                      High Command
                      This month we also publicly announced 2 High Command promotions at the Department of Corrections. For those who missed the announcement here it is again:
                      Our #03 Assistant Warden spot has been vacant for some time and it has been decided by #01 Warden Sanchez that Reina Moraine (Previously #04 Commander of Special Divisions) will be taking up the position as the new #03 Assistant Warden. Reina has excelled herself in all her previous roles and has proven time and time again that heavy commitment to the job and an unwavering determination can benefit everyone around her.

With Reina joining the Warden team, the position of #04 Commander of Special Divisions is being handed off to Solomon Cobb (Previously #366 Captain of Human Resources). Solomon has been a part of almost every special division at the Department of Corrections in his years working here and has put himself in a unique position to give good insight on the running of them. As the newest member of the High Command team, he will be taking a step back from his Human Resources duties to focus on keeping the special divisions running smoothly now Reina has moved up.

All the officers at Bolingbroke Penitentiary look forward to seeing what the 2 officers make out of their new positions and how they can continue to serve the department.
                      A word from #03 Reina Moraine, the new Assistant Warden:
                      "As the new Assistant Warden, I have made it my solemn vow to do everything I can to continue to increase security in its entirety at the DOC, and to ensure that Bolingbroke Penitentiary remains a stable and rewarding environment for all correctional officers. I look forward to serving the Warden Team in pursuing my new responsibilities"

A word from #04 Solomon Cobb, the new Commander of Special Divisions:
                      "I am thrilled at the opportunity to move up to high command to now have the ability to make even more long-lasting changes. I will be ensuring our existing special divisions continue to run smoothly whilst overseeing the creation of new ones should they arise. I shall continue to strive to improve the relations with other agencies and the public and meet the needs of those that depend on me."

Divisional Command
                      Sergeant Ben Snow has done amazing work for the Human Resources division in his many months here, and we are happy to announce that he has been promoted from a Supervisor role in the Sergeant rank, up to a Divisional Command role as a 2nd Lieutenant of HR. He has proven himself time and time again that he is a valuable asset to not only HR but the SADOC as a whole. The command team welcomes him and is excited to see what his plans are moving forward into a leadership position.

Supervisors
                      The following 4 officers also got promoted into our supervisor team from Senior Correctional Officers to Corporals in the month of September, we welcome them all and hope they have a lasting impact on the department.
                      • #469 Diego Lionetti
                      • #345 Roy Harrymann
                      • #431 Yuki Nakamura
                      • #378 Ludovic Wolfszoon
                      Human Resources
                      As mentioned in the opening message, the Human Resources department internally opened recruitment as many existing officers had moved on from the department through either promotion or to pursue other endeavors. This left a void needing to be filled so our recruitment and training of new officers can keep up to the high standard we have set for many years.

The Human Resources team manages the personnel files, applications, reports, hires, as well as the academy sessions each recruitment drive. It is also HR that issues warnings and supervises all other divisions and officers to ensure that everyone is following protocol and maintaining a high standard. We believe a consistent recruitment process is vital to the running of the prison and the safety of both the officers working there and the inmates. The Human Resource department welcomes the following two officers to their ranks:
                      • COII Donte Monroe - #507
                      • SCOI Alex Consgratti - #487

Correctional Emergency Response Team
                      CERT is responsible for ensuring the safety of the prison and everyone in and around it. They are our personal line of defense and tasked with responding to incidents, riots, cell extractions, mass searches, or disturbances within the prison. They may also be required to aid when dealing with uncooperative or violent inmates. Moreover, it is CERT’s job to ensure the success and safety of high risk prison transports.

The CERT team proudly welcomes the following officers to the team:
                      • Rashard Taylor - #474
                      • Ronald McCrea - #476
                      • Michael Smitch - #493
                      • Jorge Lewis - #499

Groundskeeping
                      Groundskeeping is continuing it’s hard work around the DOC and our Team is constantly busy. We are currently updating and maintaining the exterior CCTV Cameras, making sure they are up to date; so we can eyes around the SADOC.

Also, our team has been cementing the walls around the prison because we understand the importance of presentation and keeping a professional standard for our officers. We have more updates of our new ticketing system, setting up an easier way for requests to come in; so we can get them handled as soon as possible.

Most importantly, our internal recruitment is still open for grounds keeping and we would be thrilled to take more officers into our team of hardworking individuals. If you would love to be apart and think you have the skills, then contact Corporal Diego Lionetti and Captiain Wes McLoughlin.

Correctional Medical Team
                      CMT is SADOC's response team to all injuries for both employees and inmates alike. The CMT has two branches, medical and psychological. The medical branch specializes in treatment and care for all sorts of injuries. Although the psychological branch has its own responsibilities it is still required to have basic medical training and the ability to perform most medical branch responsibilities if required. The psychological branch focuses mainly on therapy and the understanding of our inmates, as well as mental illnesses and treatments. The CMT division may often work with LSEMS to ensure a proper treatment with their patients is carried out if an inmate's sentence ends but they still require treatment.

The CMT division has recently been working closely with the head of CRU in LSEMS to align the needs of inmates and officers alike. We are still in the early stages of talks but we believe a close working relationship between the two departments allows for consistency and reliability in our treatment procedures. We should be able to offer more to inmates that require psychological attention than just referring them directly to CRU and having to wait out their prison sentence to get the help they would desperately require.

Our Psychology team officers will eventually be trained in the ability to give on-the-spot care and a basic level of treatment for the few inmates that are either mentally unstable or merely just need someone to talk to for support if they are not handling their prison sentence well. Once this is fleshed out, we are hoping to put into practice a rehabilitation program in an attempt to lower the rate at which convicts return back to the prison after they have served their sentences.

We very much look forward to the future working relationship between CRU and CMT.

Solomon Cobb
                      Commander of Special Divisions
                      San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
                      [email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”