Press Release July 2020

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Press Release July 2020

Post by Solomon Cobb »

ImageImage
Welcome to the first of many monthly press releases from the San Andreas Department of Corrections. With the implementation of the newly formed Public Relations division by Captain Cobb #366 we will be increasing the transparency of activities and progress of our department. This month's will cover our Employee of the Month, some information on our current recruitment status and some words by Human Resources on how to get a job with us, various statistics we have collected and formatted for your viewing, and updates on our various internal divisions.

We also kicked off the SADOC LifeInvader page this month which will feature frequent updates highlighting our best and brightest officers and their achievements. We will also use this as a platform to indicate to you all when our recruitment opens and closes and to also increase the level of transparency our department has.
You can access LifeInvader from the red and white 'L' app on your phone, we encourage the general public to follow us as most of the information there will be for the purpose of informing you however we also encourage officers working for SADOC or other law enforcement departments to also give us a follow.

The Public Relations Division will be the officers taking control of this social media platform however, if an officer has something they think would fit the page then feel free to email Public Relations.

Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this months best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month July 2020
Correctional Officer II Diego Lionetti - #469

We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below is a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?

I'd say that my more recognizable achievements have been my handling of 10-15s and the ability to build a rapport with. Its made the job a lot easier when people come through intake and recognize me as the guy that isn't going to give them a hard time and might even have some jokes to offer them to lighten the mood. Aside from this, being accepted into both CERT and Grounds keeping have both been major mile stones in how I'd like to contribute more to the DOC. I would like to think I've become someone that can be relied on by both aspects of peoples that normally come to the prison.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?

My next goals will be simply to continue to do work that people find recognizable as exemplary. A few promotions wouldn't hurt my feelings but these things come with time and effort- both of which I intent to apply to my work. In a years time- or sooner- I'd like to achieve a supervisory position at the least, and begin to contribute more in the regard of overseeing the duties of day to day going ons as well as being more privy to the plans ahead that are held by command in order to better prepared the rank and file members for any changes that are coming down the pipe line.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?

To any future prospects to the DOC, I would advise a clear head for the goals they wish to achieve, the ability to accept personal responsibility for your work, determination to take part in the things that might no necessarily align with your goals, and to come with the expectation of contributing to something that is larger than yourself. Many people who join do so believing they might be an island in this job, but that could not be further from the truth. In truth, we at the DOC stand strong together, relying on each other on an almost daily basis. Your brothers and sisters in uniform are going to help you succeed and in return you will help them succeed. You will trust your life to the hands of strangers that you will come to call family, and you must be prepared to accept that same responsibility.

Come prepared to work, learn, sweat, and maybe even bleed. Stand proud. Stand strong. Stand together.

"I have personally witnessed a significant amount of hard work and dedication from Officer Diego Lionetti (#469) over the past month. He has done a significant amount of GFO work and is on track to make a great member of the CERT team."
- #355 Captain Nick McAlister
"Diego is an outstanding officer and is well deserving of the title 'Employee of the Month'. His execution of general duties are way above the average officer and he has demonstrated deep knowledge of protocol in his time with us."
- #366 Captain Solomon Cobb
Recruitment
    Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 19/07/2020. Please see below on how to apply.
      Applicant Requirements
      ✘ Must be a citizen of San Andreas
        ✘ Must not have any serious crimes (will be dealt with on a case to case basis).
          ✘ Must not be a serving member of the Los Santos Police Department or Los Santos Sheriff Department.
            ✘ Must be over 18 years of age and no older than 55.
              ✘ (( Must want to RP at a high standard - we'll help, of course, if you’re new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                ✘ (( Must have over 5,000 XP in total across all characters ))
                  ✘ (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on duty hours a week ))
                    ✘ (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                      Application Process
                      Click here to be redirected to the SADOC application area of our website where more information will be available

These statistics were calculated by the PR division for the month of July, human error is always a possibility but if you have any questions or comments regarding these then see our contact information at the bottom of the press release

Human Resources

The Human Resources team has many things they have been working on throughout the month, the main one has been pushing out our mandatory sexual harassment training course we have been working on for a few weeks. This consists of a video tailored specifically to SADOC duties as a correctional officer as well as a quiz all employees must complete after viewing.

On top of this we have also been rolling out the Employee Social/Romantic Relationship Disclosure. Social relationships in the workplace, including dating and romantic relationships are an issue most organizations encounter. Some organizations try to ban social/romantic and dating relationships between employees but that is virtually impossible. An alternative to banning workplace romance is to require employees to disclose social/romantic relationships and ask them to sign an agreement or contract demonstrating they are in a consensual relationship.

The department of corrections is committed to providing a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, conflicts of interest, and favoritism. SADOC will not tolerate unwelcome or offensive conduct, conduct that creates a hostile work environment, or sexual harassment. SADOC's Employee Social/Romantic Relationship Disclosure Agreement is a tool used to provide employees and the organization with clarity about the social/romantic relationship status between employees working in the same organization.

Correctional Emergency Response Team

The SADOC has recently received the go-ahead from the government for a close quarters combat (CQB) training building, the following message from Commander Moraine #04 explains the intentions of this new building:

"On behalf of the S.A.D.O.C., I'd like to extend my greatest and warmest thanks to Commissioners Lewis Langley and Samuel Osborn, as well as the Los Santos Governmental team for taking the time to come out today to see our latest project in the making!
                      I am pleased to announced that we've received official approval from the Government to plan, build, and open our newest addition to the DOC: A CQB Training House!
                      The purpose of this building will be to structure and build urban/close quarter's scenarios to train the Correctional Emergency Response Team to diffuse and engage in situations that may arise within the prison. In addition, we are hoping to extend official invitations to the LSPD and LSSD to utilise this facility as well in training their operatives as we do! I believe that this is the first of many great steps to bringing out departments closer together, and to promote a safe, professional, and efficient environment, relationship, and level of training for all!"

General Field Operations

We have been pushing on with out new prison schedule with the inmates this month to a high degree of success. We have rolled out harsher solitary punishments for inmates who attempt to attack or harm officers, and rewards for inmates who are compliant and elect to spend their recreational time in the cell block and yard in a productive way. The image below is from a session with the inmates where life stories were exchanged with a few lighthearted jokes.

Correctional Medical Team

The Department of Corrections would like to congratulate Senior Correctional Officer I Jada Hall #442 as the new interim head of the division. We look forward to seeing what she makes of the position!

Parole Bureau

Whilst the Parole Bureau division on the DOC's side is relatively small, they have accomplished attempting to schedule meetings with each and every parolee that has been put on parole by the Sheriff's Department. This month there has been 1 success story who has successfully completed their mandatory meetings here with us to check their progress and is remaining on the side of the law once completing it. These kind of individuals is why we assist with the parole system as we believe every person deserves a chance to turn their lives around.

Public Relations

Public Relations is the newest division to be created at the SADOC by Captain Solomon Cobb #366, so far we have gained 128 'likes' on the SADOC LifeInvader social media platform and have been using it as a way to communicate more openly with the public. This press release is the first of many that will be brought to you by the Public Relations division to increase the departments transparency and accountability.

We have many other things in the works coming from the division such as recruitment videos, training videos and hopeful liaison with news providers for promotion of the best of our department and to be less secluded than we have been over the previous months.

And this concludes the July press release for SADOC. We pushed this one out a bit later than we intend to in the future but we hope that moving on, our transparency is appreciated by the public and we continue to relay information to other departments and the public about the goings on at Bolingbroke Penitentiary.

If there is any information you feel would be a good addition to our press releases, be it statistics or just more transparency or topics you'd like us to address feel free to contact us below!

Captain Solomon Cobb
                      Divisional Command of Human Resources & Head of Public Relations
                      San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
                      [email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”