Sheriff's Newsletter - July 2020

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - July 2020

Post by Bobby Kirk »

I am happy to present the very first newsletter of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department which Assistant Sheriff Bobby Kirk has worked on tirelessly for the past few weeks. It marks the start of a monthly bulletin of information and transparency that we will make available to the public to ensure the communities we serve are always up to date.

Another busy month comes to an end here at the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. In July we have seen some of the biggest recruitment drives and academies we have ever hosted, steadily growing the department in key areas and across different shifts to ensure optimal service to the communities of Blaine County.

The month of July also marks the 1 year anniversary of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department in its current form. It is impressive to see how far the Department has come since then and I am proud to still see many faces around from the beginning days. We have, together, created a Department that takes its core values and beliefs very seriously and has built a tremendous amount of trust in the communities we serve.

The Department is healthier than ever with all key roles filled by extremely skilled, professional, and dedicated employees to ensure continued growth while maintaining the familiar feeling we have always been proud of.

For the month of July, we are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff II Marsigsd Moriarty as the Deputy of the Month. Deputy Sheriff Moriarty joined our Department, transferring from the LSPD at the end of June 2020.

Deputy Moriarty joined the LSSD and got settled in quite rapidly. He adjusted to the transfer almost seamlessly and quickly got to pass his law enforcement knowledge to trainees helping them grow within the department. His hard work within the field training division shows great promise for his future.

Deputy Moriarty has proven to be a great asset to the department. He is actively working on the field, being quick in responses, and cool-headed in stressful situations. The courage, determination, and passion that Moriarty had when he joined this department are still there. And we are all proud to have him wearing our badge and representing our department in the public. Marsigsd Moriarty has nothing but a bright future in his Law Enforcement Career.

The Sheriff's Department's Executive Staff wish Deputy Sheriff II Moriarty nothing but a continually developing and promising career with the Department, and that he remains faithful to his commitments to provide a traditional and excellent service to the community. On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff II Marsigsd Moriarty will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00

-

"[My favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD is the commitment, and the job being difficult sometimes]", Jabar says. "I am a person who likes challenges, and even if I don't succeed, I learn from my mistakes to improve for the future.".

Deputy Hsan Jabar has been with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department since the 22nd of June and he currently serves as an asset directly in the field. Being a Deputy Sheriff is not only a challenging job physically, but also mentally, Jabar says, as he recalls the most memorable moment so far into his career, when he responded to an armed robbery and was held hostage until his colleagues were able to rescue him. He recalls this moment being the moment where he felt the proudest of being a sheriff's deputy and being apart of such a dependable department.

For Jabar, becoming a deputy with the LSSD was a calling, he desired more responsibility in his life and to be able to give back to the community which he lived in. He has no plans on stopping at the achievement of becoming a deputy, he wants to aim higher, as he now works for his goal of becoming a member of the Department's Recruitment and Employment Division.

Outside of work, Deputy Jabar lacks a specific hobby, he says that his employment with the Sheriff's Department is everything to him and his focus is on his work, and to become better at it.

• Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Robert Jeys
    Image Sergeant ► Image Staff Sergeant
    • Kitiara Romanov
    • CJ Ryan
    Image Field Agent ► Image Senior Agent
    • John Kemp
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Jon McCornish
    • Nica Dumitru
    • Tyrone Balakay
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Kasper Hansen
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Christopher Porter
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Dean Diesel
    • Dante Stryker
    • Zein Ace
    • James Hawkes
    • Armin Pierce
    • Brian Bentley
    • Colt Daniels
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Danny Tomalin
    • Teddy King
    • Marsigsd Moriarty
    • Alex Cannon
    • Ziad Dockson
    • Matthew Handley
    • Alonzo Black
    • Russ Stax
    • Filmoore Grayson
    • Kent Bardoue
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Hsan Jabar
    • James Harrington
    • James Famingo
    • Isla Watson
    • Tom Banks
    • Glen Casso
    • Samantha Tenbe
    • Brian Delorean

-

"The Special Enforcement Detail (SED) is the LSSD’s special weapons team. SED is responsible for handling high-risk tactical situations involving barricaded suspects, hostage situations, and high-risk warrant services. They also provide protection details for high ranking government officials, conduct mobile field force deployments, and on a few occasions mission-specific crime prevention for patrol stations. Special Enforcement Detail also works closely with the Air Support Division and other tactical elements of other departments. It's very like the counterpart Special Weapons and Tactics from the Los Santos Police Department."

Special Enforcement Detail is currently being commanded by Captain Robert Jeys who transferred to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on May 9th, 2020, from the Los Santos Police Department. His experience from the Special Weapons and Tactics Team is what brought life back into the Special Enforcement Detail. The division currently sits with 13 operators, however, Captain Jeys has plans to bring on more in the near future.

"[The current purpose and mission of the Special Enforcement Detail aside from our founding mission is to prevent and put an end to the increasing gang activity within the county at all costs.]" Jeys says. Gang Activity has been a persistently increasing problem in San Andreas, and our Special Enforcement Detail is working tirelessly to make an impact.

In June alone, they have seized:
    • 539 x .50 Ammo & 10 .50 Pistol
    • 259 x Assault Rifle Ammo
    • 196 x Shotgun Shells
    • 212 x SMG Ammo & 240 x Micro SMG Ammo
    • A general collection of 44 x Pistols & 666 x Ammo
    • And a tremendous amount of drug manufacturing material
    Captain Jeys' future goal for the division is to establish full law enforcement control over the Los Santos County, by further enhancing training sessions to develop a stronger team, as well as hiring more operators to assist with the current goal. He also aims to strengthen the relations with the Correctional Emergency Response Team from the Department of Corrections through Joint-Trainings and Operations, which will be a critical development for the division.

-

I am extremely proud of being able to present our very first newsletter to the public. This was a project that was overdue and one that I believe that the community we serve, deserves. I expect the newsletter to change during the course of the new few releases, as we always strive for the best quality here at the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.

I now leave you with this quote,

• "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
    Assistant Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”