LSEMS | Ridealong Program | Form and Information | STATUS: OPEN

Emergency Medical Services
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS | Ridealong Program | Form and Information | STATUS: OPEN

Post by Emergency Medical Services »

INFORMATION
The Los Santos Emergency Medical Services offers civilians and members of other state government departments an opportunity to apply for the ride-along program to get an insight into the daily duties of an Emergency Medical Technician.

In order to qualify for the ride-along program, you need to meet the requirements set below. If you fail to meet the requirements, your ride-along request will be denied. Depending on what requirement isn't met, you may either be temporary or permanently banned from joining this program.

After your request has been approved, it will remain active for 7 days. After the 7th day, your ride-along request will be closed and you will need to send in a new one in if you wish to partake in more sessions.

REGULATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Civilians who are interested in a ride along with a member of the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services must fill all the requirements listed below before applying.
  • You must be at least 18 years of age.
  • You must be able to identify yourself through a valid ID or driver's license.
  • You must consent to a background check from LSEMS which will determine your eligibility.
  • You must be mentally, physically, and emotionally stable during your LSEMS ride-along.
  • You must be polite and respectful at ALL times on ALL Scenes attended.
  • You must read, understand, and accept the risks of a ride-along, and must sign the liability waiver.
  • You may not carry a weapon of any kind while on a ride-along, despite any permit(s) you may have.
  • At all times, you must follow the instructions provided by the EMT conducting your ride-along.
  • You must remain respectful to EMTs and civilians alike while on a ride-along.
  • You may not share any classified or sensitive information exposed to them during the ride-along. This includes, but is not limited to, the names of patients, victims, department policy, and so forth.
  • EMTs may terminate a ride-along if the participant fails to follow the regulations of the ride-along program or is acting in such a manner that is inconsistent with the best interests of the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services.
  • You must be free of felonies and misdemeanors for a certain period of time. Those with a crime sexual in nature in their history will be permanently denied.***
Criminal History Guidelines ***
  • General misdemeanors - No less than two weeks since last charge.
  • Nuisance misdemeanors - No less than two weeks since last charge.
  • Vehicular charges (felony or misdemeanor) - No less than two weeks since last charge.
  • Weapons charges (felony or misdemeanor) - No less than two weeks since last charge.
  • Drug charges (felony or misdemeanor) - No less than one month since last charge.
  • General felonies - No less than one month since last charge.
  • Serious felonies - No less than 6 months since last charge. If it has been less than 6 months, you may still be eligible if you have undergone the Felon Reformation Program through DOC. Please reach out to an employee if further information is needed.
  • Sexual Crimes - Permanently disqualified.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Once you have submitted your request, a member of the FTD program will review your request, conduct the appropriate background checks and handle it accordingly. If your request has been approved, you may make your way to Pillbox Medical Center located at Pillbox Hill and request your ride-along to take place.

It is important to remember to bring your ID so the EMT can confirm your identity. Also, do not bring any form of weapons to the ride-along session. You must also be prepared mentally and physically for the challenges that you may face together with your EMT. And most importantly, follow instructions given by the EMT in charge!
REQUEST FORM
A ride-along request may be submitted by creating a topic in this section with the below-listed title and form.

Title:
Firstname Lastname

FORM:
Application Form Code

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pAFqFjE.png[/img]
[lsemssubtitle]REQUESTEE DETAILS[/lsemssubtitle]
[divbox=white]
[b]Full Name[/b] Fname Lname
[b]Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MON/YYYY
[b]Phone Number:[/b] ###-####
[b]Have you ever been convicted of a crime?: [/b]Yes/No
[/divbox]

[lsemssubtitle]REQUEST DETAILS[/lsemssubtitle]
[divbox=white]
[b]Availability[/b]
Insert Answer Here

[b]Why do you wish to go on a ride-along with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services?[/b]
Insert Answer Here
[/divbox]

[lsemssubtitle]RELEASE & WAIVER[/lsemssubtitle]
[divbox=white]
[divbox=#ffffde]
I, The Applicant; of sound mind and body, voluntarily participate in the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services Ride-Along Program. [b]I understand[/b] that there are risks, such as physical, or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability, or death, which may occur from participating. Nonetheless, [b]I assume[/b] all related risks, whether known or unknown to me.
[b]I agree[/b] to hold the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services harmless from any and all claims, losses, or damage to my person which includes liabilities and costs as a result of my participation in their program.
[b]I understand[/b] that the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services has the right to waive my right to their Ride-Along Program for any reason and at any time, especially if I were to violate the [b]Regulations and Requirements[/b] they have set. With the following, I sign this application knowing that I am to adhere to the [b]Terms and Conditions[/b] set by the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services.
[/divbox]
[divbox=white]
Signature: Fname Lname
Date Signed: DD/MMM/2022
[/divbox]
[/divbox]
Application Form Live
REQUESTEE DETAILS
Full Name Fname Lname
Date of Birth: DD/MON/YYYY
Phone Number: ###-####
Have you ever been convicted of a crime?: Yes/No
REQUEST DETAILS
Availability
Insert Answer Here

Why do you wish to go on a ride-along with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services?
Insert Answer Here
RELEASE & WAIVER
I, The Applicant; of sound mind and body, voluntarily participate in the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services Ride-Along Program. I understand that there are risks, such as physical, or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability, or death, which may occur from participating. Nonetheless, I assume all related risks, whether known or unknown to me.
I agree to hold the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services harmless from any and all claims, losses, or damage to my person which includes liabilities and costs as a result of my participation in their program.
I understand that the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services has the right to waive my right to their Ride-Along Program for any reason and at any time, especially if I were to violate the Regulations and Requirements they have set. With the following, I sign this application knowing that I am to adhere to the Terms and Conditions set by the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services.
Signature: Fname Lname
Date Signed: DD/MMM/2022

Return to “Ride-Along Program”