May 2024 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

May 2024 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the May press release! It has been yet another quiet month for us at the DOC, but that doesn’t mean we’ve been negligent in our duties.
At the SADOC, we take global warming very seriously. As you’ll see further below, we’re launching a serious initiative to go green!
This month, we’d like to introduce the core team that is initiating green and sustainable projects within the SADOC - the GroundsKeeping Team, along with the duties and work that they had done. Additionally, we would like to introduce some of the new technologies that have been implemented at the SADOC.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month May 2024
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I mean getting employee of the month today was a huge achievement, but aside from that a huge achievement of mine was getting the employee spotlight last month. April was my first month at DOC and I'm really glad that I proved myself enough to be rewarded like that.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My current goals are to to work more within divisions like HR and CERT as well as working towards getting a supervisor position in the future.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Even if you feel like working in a prison might not be for you, I would advise to check it out. Working here has taught me so many new things that I wouldn't learn in any other field and I'm so grateful for that.

Divisional Spotlight - Groundskeeping
Meet the Unsung Heroes: San Andreas Department of Corrections Groundskeeping Team
Welcome to Groundskeeping at the San Andreas Department of Corrections (SADOC), where cleanliness is their commitment and maintenance is their mission. These are the folks who keep our facilities operating, safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. Find out why they're the unsung heroes of our everyday operations here at SADOC.

Safety First, Always!
The Groundskeeping crew at SADOC is always geared up and ready to get to work safely. Not only are these items incredibly fashionable, but they are also functional. Decked out in their trusty yellow hard hats, stylish safety glasses, and classic steel-toed boots, SADOC Groundskeeping crew performs these crucial tasks safely and in style.

Groundskeeping Vehicles
Ever seen a lawnmower and thought, "what is so special, it’s just a lawnmower"? Well, think again! Meet the SADOC 30 horsepower Riding Mower, the superstar of grass maintenance. Don't let its humble appearance fool you; this bad boy is capable of taming even the wildest of lawns here at SADOC.

Next up, the Utility Van – a true powerhouse when it comes to tool transportation. With generous storage space to accommodate all the tools and materials needed for any DOC repairs, this van is the go-to for on-site tasks. From leaf blowers to tree trimmers, you name it, this van can store it all, ensuring that no maintenance task goes unfinished.

The Utility Truck isn't a one-person show. Oh no, it takes a dynamic duo of Groundskeeping officers to operate it effectively. Picture this: one officer at the controls of the crane arm, while their partner sits comfortably in the basket, ready to tackle any maintenance challenge that comes their way. From CCTV cameras to towering treetops, there's no maintenance dream out of reach for this truck.

Jack (and Jill) of All Trades
The SADOC Groundskeeping crew wear many hats (quite literally, with their hard hats on because remember, safety first!). From inspecting the power grid, maintaining IT equipment, and ensuring that CCTV systems are functioning properly, they really do it all. Did someone need a mechanic? SADOC Groundskeeping crew has got you covered there too! They make sure vehicles are ready to roll. There's no task too big or too small for this dedicated crew.

Tough on dirt, gentle on surfaces.
Dust bunnies, beware! The Groundskeeping team doesn't just stop at maintenance; they're also experts at keeping things neat and tidy around SADOC. From vacuuming to mopping, and even window cleaning, no speck of dirt is safe in their quest for cleanliness.

We have also been very lucky recently to be in receipt of a shiny new Forklift here at DOC which will make many jobs much simpler including the unloading of deliveries we get here. This is going to be a fantastic addition to the vehicles groundskeeping have at their disposal.

Forking around
The Groundskeeping crew at DOC have been struggling with some daily tasks around the prison moving equipment and units when needed but now with this new addition, the team are able to safely and securely do a multitude of extra jobs ranging from unloading and loading of deliveries and moving them to locations within the prison securely. This addition is set to make the groundskeeping team much more efficient within their duties.

Thank you Groundskeeping Team!
So the next time you stroll through the grounds of SADOC and admire its pristine appearance, take a moment to appreciate the hard work and dedication of the SADOC Groundskeeping team.
Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two Irish meeting with a Chinese
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Rox Hardly

Rumors says his the "Modern Day Robinhood"

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • I am new to the city, the first time I landed, I saw how corrupt the government was to its people if fuelled me to take back what the government owe the people, and that's why I rob ATMs, and ATMs are ugly and I like breaking them

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • the officers

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • the fact that I am in here alone, when there are no officers I can become quite bored without other inmates.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • my bed, the most uncomfortable thing I have ever experienced.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • I'd release myself but, I might host for the inmates game night once every 2 weeks, to keep them entertained, so they don't resort to violence.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • the feeling of taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor, that is a feeling you can have how happy to poor are when I help them, but again... I will also miss you guys when I get out.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • because I make mistakes, but they are worth it, I don't do it to help myself, I do it to help others, its a risk I am always willing to take.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • follow what you think is right, laws don't define a person, it's the choices he makes.

April Highlight
    Earth Month Follow Up
      Following up on last month’s Earth Month Event, SADOC has collected over 2,782 recyclable items from the city, including 2,578 plastic bottles, 39 glass bottles, 54 aluminum cans, 95 metal items, 4 batteries, and 12 pieces of old clothing. This month, we have organized the recyclables that had been collected and shipped them overseas to a recycling facility for repurposing.
          Loading Up the Goods
          To ship these recyclables to an overseas recycling facility, we transported all the recyclables in electric vehicles to the port of South Los Santos. The use of electric vehicles not only reduced our carbon footprint but also highlighted our commitment to sustainable practices. At the port, the recyclables were carefully loaded onto cargo ships bound for their next destination

Green SADOC
          SADOC's commitment to green and sustainability continues! In hopes of creating a greener, cleaner and more sustainable world!

Kourtney Tech Tips
              Are you a certified bad boy? SADOC now has a Bad Boy Face Recognition System, which will alert the prison upon your arrival.
              ^ Dont be this Guy
              Attention all Gamers, SADOC is currently in the process of creating its Esports team, stay tuned for more information in the future
              Imagine having to repeat yourself after you speak, SADOC now can project subtitles behind you during important presentations or announcements, making sure that everyone can understand and follow what you're saying.
              Employee Adjustments
              • ImageLieutenantImageCaptain
                • #975 Bradley Coot
              • ImageSergeantImage Lieutenant
                • #863 Lucy Fox
              • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
                • #1030 Alex Nieves
                • #1019 Vito Saint
                • #1081 Skye Luna
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
                • #1063 Dwayne Richardson
                • #1066 Riley Kilgore
                • #1060 Elijah Harrison
                • #507 Donte Monroe
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
                • #1087 Olive Thorpe
                • #1093 Daphne Eden
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
                • #1096 Joshua Clinton
                • #1005 Emina Christine
                • #269 Wesley Moon
              • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
                • #1106 David Wells
                • #1110 Colin Jansen
                • #1111 Justin Mac
                • #1113 Elroy McKane
              • ⚖️Law Consultant
                • #922 Lisa Winter

• TRANSFERS
                This month we welcomed some Transfers from the Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos County Sheriffs Department and other Prisons Far and wide!
              • ImageCorrectional Officer II
                • #1114 Justin Ice (Prison Transfer)
              Employee Count
              • SADOC Officer Count
                High Command | 5 | 8.93%
                Warden | 1 | 1.79%
                Deputy Warden | 2 | 3.57%
                Assistant Warden | 2 | 3.57%
                Command | 6 | 10.71%
                Commander | 2 | 3.57%
                Captain | 4 | 7.14%
                Supervisors | 7 | 12.50%
                Lieutenant | 3 | 5.36%
                Sergeant | 0 | 0%
                Corporal | 4 | 7.14%

• General Staff | 29 | 51.78%
                Senior Correctional Officer | 6 | 10.71%
                Correctional Officer III | 4 | 7.14%
                Correctional Officer II | 6 | 10.71%
                Correctional Officer I | 9 | 16.07%
                Correctional Trainee | 4 | 7.14%
                OTHER | 9 | 16.07%
                Correctional Custodian Officers | 8 | 14.28%
                Law Consultants | 1 | 1.79%
              Phone Calls
                  When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                  Recruitment Status
                  Recruitment
                   ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                  Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                    • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                  • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                  • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                  • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD, LSSD or SAJB at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working as a Correctional Officer here at the SADOC.
                    *If applying for the position of Correctional Custodian Officer they you may be a member of another department as this position is part-time. All decisions are made & finalized by the Human Resources Command Team.
                  • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                    • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                  • Additional Requirements:
                    • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                    • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                    • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                    • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                  Closing Message from the Warden
                  And that ends our May Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
                  June is a very special Month for SADOC as it's Pride Month. We have plans underwear to celebrate and they should be announced over the weekend.
                  We hope you are all looking forward to the summer!

Kourtney Lafleur
                  Warden
                  San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
                  Captain of Departmental Administration, Head of Public Relations
                  [email protected]

Remmi Raccoon
                    Lieutenant, Assistant Head of Public Relations
                    [email protected]
                      Randy Lee
                      Lieutenant, Public Relations Command

[email protected]

Franz Stroheim
                        Senior Correctional Officer, Public Relations Command