[Press Release] The Departure of Assistant Sheriff John Kemp

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

[Press Release] The Departure of Assistant Sheriff John Kemp

Post by Amelia Clark »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
March 10th, 2024
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

• The Departure of Assistant Sheriff John Kemp
    -

• Ret. Assistant Sheriff John Kemp
    Assistant Sheriff John Kemp joined the department on August 13th, 2019, and became a supervisor at the beginning of 2020. He quickly joined the Detention & Parole Bureau, working his way through the ranks and quickly becoming a member of the Command Staff for both the department and the bureau. However, while his initial work was in DPB, Assistant Sheriff Kemp is best known for his work in the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau, of which he became Assistant Sheriff on February 18th, 2022.

In January 2022, the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau was launched with two divisions, the investigations division and the intelligence division. Later, this was changed to the Gangs and Narcotics Division and the Major Crimes Division. Ret. Assistant Sheriff Kemp was appointed the first commanding officer of the Investigations Division and was tasked to lay out the foundation of the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau. Today, in 2024 we are witnessing a well-built and secure bureau with members who care about the cause and the tasks at hand.

However, all good things must eventually come to an end as Assistant Sheriff filed for resignation at the end of March 2024. The Sheriff's Department wholeheartedly thanks Assistant Sheriff John Kemp for his continuous four and a half years of unwavering service to the department and wishes him the very best in his well-earned retirement.
    Undersheriff John Wallace wrote:John Kemp was among the earliest recruits to join the LSSD when we opened recruitment. From the start, his commitment was outstanding, demonstrating exemplary performance in training and displaying a great sense of awareness during patrols. He swiftly became an integral part of the FTD, assuming the role of a mentor to new members, ensuring their training and integration into the department. Both current employees and retirees alike have greatly benefited from Kemp's extensive experience.

Throughout his time, Kemp maintained a firm yet educational approach, consistently striving to get the best from those under his wing. His influence is evident in the exceptional deputies he has trained over the years. Advancing through the ranks, Kemp was one of the very first people to join our Executive Staff, having joined as a Deputy Sheriff Trainee and worked his way up.

While Kemp's impact is visible and evident in all of the areas he has overseen, his legacy I believe will be the SIB where he dedicated countless hours to ensuring it would become what it is today, to the benefit of both the department and the community. As he enters retirement, bidding farewell to him is a loss to our department and me personally. Kemp's departure signifies not only the departure of a dedicated employee but also that of a deer friend. He will be greatly missed.
    Captain Wiley Reno wrote:If there's one thing I knew about Sheriff Kemp from my time working with him, it's that he knew exactly how to get the morale of his subordinates up. He was a man of extreme administrative capabilities, able to construct the entirety of the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau from the ground up with a chosen few colleagues.

I especially admired his commitment to the Detention and Parole Bureau, a project near and dear to my heart personally. During the formation of the Bureau, Sheriff Kemp played a key role in its activity. I'm sure that there would have been no Bureau present for me to command if it wasn't for Sheriff Kemp.
    Captain Oscar Black wrote:Not too long ago, I was dealt with a bittersweet moment as we bid farewell to Assistant Sheriff John Kemp, who officially resigned from his position. As my direct superior within the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau, Assistant Sheriff Kemp not only guided me professionally but also became a cherished friend. His departure leaves a void that will be deeply felt.

Assistant Sheriff Kemp provided invaluable mentorship and leadership in shaping the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau into what it is today. Although he will be missed, he leaves behind a legacy of excellence and professionalism.

Assistant Sheriff Kemp was truly a great person and a great laugh, and I will dearly miss him.
###
  • For Information, Contact:

Commanding Officer Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

ImageImage
    Probationary Writer Sayaka Yukimura
    (909) 304-2935 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark