Saying Farewell to a Departing Captain (NR020-24as)

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Saying Farewell to a Departing Captain (NR020-24as)

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos Police Department
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

NR020-24as
April 2, 2024
Saying Farewell to a Departing Captain

Los Santos: Yesterday, the Los Santos Police Department accepted the resignation of Police Captain II Eleanor Quinn, as she decided it was time to retire from the force. Looking back on her career, Captain Quinn was a driving force during her long tenure in the department.

Captain Quinn joined the department in 2018 and quickly earned the rank of Police Officer I on the 12th of August 2018. After a couple of reinstatements into the Department, her career took off in the Detective Bureau, gaining Police Detective I within the Vice Unit of the Major Crimes Division and switching focus soon after, joining the Gang and Narcotics Division in late 2021. She completed her Supervisor Training Program, rising to a supervisor within the Gang and Narcotics Division on the 25th of December, 2021.

Her passion and leadership in the Gang and Narcotics Division were quickly recognized as she flourished as a Detective Supervisor under her Commanding Officer, Captain Jason Steel. She quickly became Detective-in-Charge and worked closely with the Commanding Officer of the Detective Bureau, Deputy Chief Lex Roth. Captain Quinn was appointed by Deputy Chief Roth to her long tenure as Commanding Officer of the Gang and Narcotics Division on the 12th of May, 2022, at the rank of Police Detective III.

Her determination and drive to excellence were unmatched as she worked closely with her colleagues, in a highly demanding position, rising through the rank of Lieutenant II and becoming part of the command team in her promotion to Police Captain I on the 27th of April, 2023. With a strong career, under the continued guidance of Deputy Chief Lex Roth, and holding a strong team, she was most recently upgraded to Captain II on the 3rd of December, 2023.

Deputy Chief Lex Roth wrote:Captain Eleanor Quinn was always someone that you could look up to. A role model for new Officers and Detectives. She was dedicated to everything she was doing field and administrative-wise. The fact that she was thinking outside of the box and her professionalism throughout the years made her climb the ranks to a position that was very well deserved.

Everything good comes to an end, and sometimes it is hard to accept it but Captain Quinn's work will stay behind and over the years it will help the new Detectives with their work and her dedication to creating something that she will be proud of was accomplished.

Farewell, Eleanor. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
Captain Quinn was heavily involved in the Field Training Division during her time with the department. Her passion for training cadets was second only to her passion for detective work. In 2022, Captain Quinn was appointed as Commanding Officer of the Field Training Division, which is essential to training new cadets into full police officers. She took on the tremendous task of overhauling the Field Training Program and streamlining the methods of training into a new, broader, and flexible program, which began in early 2023. She continued updating the program to ensure it fully trained and vetted new members properly in line with all policy changes.
Assistant Chief Phillipe Sanchez wrote:Captain Eleanor Quinn has been a close colleague of mine for many years. Although they primarily focussed on Detective Duties, their other key passion was in police training, and more specifically that of new recruits. I had the pleasure of working alongside Captain Quinn at multiple stages in their career in different levels of seniority in field training and I do not exaggerate when I state that the quality of field training would not be anything close to what it is today without the dedication of Captain Quinn and the leadership of her command team.

Captain Quinn has served the department in such a profound manner that her work will continue even when she is no longer directly with us. Thank you Captain Quinn for your tireless efforts over the years and I do hope to see you again in the not so distant future.
Captain Quinn carried herself with the utmost respect to her colleagues, yet would always stick to what she felt was the right thing, no matter how popular it may be. Her commitment and unwavering dedication as a gang detective and respected Command Officer will continue on within the department and those in her divisions.
Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala wrote:I've had the pleasure of working with Captain Quinn, a couple of times over the past five years and what strikes me about her departure is that I will miss her more as a person, than as a colleague. That isn't a reflection on the work that she has done in the Department, because frankly, that speaks for itself. But to get the opportunity to know and understand Eleanor as a person, was an enjoyable part of the last couple of years. She, like a lot of us in the Department, are fiercely passionate about our areas of operations and I think that typified Eleanor's character. What she was invested in, she gave herself to, wholeheartedly.

I found her to be a person that valued loyalty and trust, as well as someone that perhaps at times, sold themselves short and lived within themselves. I regret that while she achieved a lot here and there is no doubt her contributions will continue to benefit the LSPD for quite a while, we never truly saw what she could be fully capable of. I wish her well in the next part of her journey but she will be on my list of people that I hope decides to file for reinstatement again in the future, as I hope to be able to work with her once again.
Being a Gang Detective, much less the Commanding Officer of the Gang and Narcotics Division is a mentally and physically demanding position. She never shied away from hard work, knowing much of this would never be mentioned outside of her division, much less into the public spotlight. Captain Quinn's dedication, day and night, to keeping gang activity in check was a neverending pursuit, yet the department and the citizens of this city owe a high level of gratitude for the safety she brought in her almost six-year tenure. We are confident her attitude will continue to live on within those she trained and oversaw throughout her career.

On behalf of the Los Santos Police Department, I'd like to thank Eleanor Quinn for her service and wish her the utmost best in her (hopefully temporary) retirement!

###

69 Sinner Street • Los Santos • San Andreas • 90013
Emergency Hotline: 911 • Public Inquiries • Email: [email protected]
"to protect and to serve"

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”