Sheriff's Newsletter - March 2024

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - March 2024

Post by Amelia Clark »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF
    Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    As we usher in the fresh blooms of Spring, the rapid pace at which March has transitioned into April mirrors our relentless pursuit of excellence and safety within the department. Over the past month, our collective efforts have been laser-focused on refining our internal frameworks and strategies, aimed at mitigating the friction with adversarial entities. Our deputies have tirelessly patrolled the streets, embodying our commitment to safeguard the community with utmost dedication.

In the spirit of recognizing exceptional service, it's with a blend of pride and melancholy that I spotlight Assistant Sheriff John Kemp. Having stood shoulder to shoulder with me through thick and thin over recent years, Kemp has decided to embrace retirement as of March 30th, 2024. While his departure marks the end of an era, his legacy of achievements leaves an indelible mark on our department. His forthcoming ventures are met with anticipation and excitement from us all.

We're in the final stages of crafting a detailed press release to commemorate his service and contributions, inviting everyone to stay connected for its imminent release. As we venture deeper into the Spring season, rest assured, the Sheriff's Department remains your steadfast protector.

This ongoing narrative echoes our earlier sentiments expressed this year about enhancing the safety and well-being of our personnel while acknowledging the support and enhancements within our community. As we navigate through challenges, including the uptick in hostility towards law enforcement, our resolve only strengthens. Remember, behind each badge is a person with loved ones, aspirations, and a commitment to fostering a safer, united community.

We march forward with a renewed pledge to empower our team with consistent training, support, and resources necessary to excel in their roles. In unity against violence, we strive to ensure a safe return home for all - deputies, officers, and community members alike.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    -
    -
    -
    -
DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

• Deputy Sheriff II Arnold Rimmer
    Deputy Sheriff III Arnold Rimmer graduated from the Los Santos Sheriff's Department Academy on the 28th of January 2024. Deputy Rimmer is currently a part of the Highway Enforcement Division and the Field Training Division. Rimmer has proven himself to be a dedicated and strong deputy that ensures everyone's wellbeing on shift. We are proud to announce Deputy Rimmer as the Deputy of the Month for March 2024 and we are excited to see where the future within the department will bring them.

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on the 29th of January 2024. I had returned to the City just before Christmas and had been looking for a purpose. I'm glad to have found my calling.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    I love every aspect of it, even the paperwork! I am quite meticulous and find myself often offering to write arrest reports. If I had to pinpoint my favorite thing, it would have to be traffic stops. I enjoy getting to know the person I've pulled over and it's a great way to learn faces. I quite often find myself having a little chit-chat with the driver and end up making getting a ticket a positive experience.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    My first-ever pursuit. I was 15 minutes into my FTS2 and a pursuit was called over TAC. I joined the pursuit as the 3rd vehicle in the pursuit line of a stolen unmarked GOV cruiser. The two pursuit vehicles in front of me had spun or crashed and it was down to me to lead the pursuit and give callouts. I can still remember and feel my heart beating through my chest, being fueled by sheer adrenaline. The pursuit ended with the suspect vehicle crashing, being boxed in, and being taken away to DOC.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I got my first taste of the law while working at GSB. The situations I faced were minor in comparison but every now and then we would face a situation that required SD and PD assistance. I found myself drawn to the coordination and professionalism of both departments. I chose to apply for the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department due to its massively positive reputation and close working relationship with GSB. When joining I was made to feel so welcome by everyone regardless of rank and for that, I am forever grateful.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    I live for both the adrenaline-pumping - heart in your mouth - situations as well as the end-of-day paperwork wind-down. To me, there is no greater feeling than being able to bring a positive outcome to those who need it most.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    In the coming few days, I will be applying to the Field Training Division, so that I may be part of the driving force that trains the next generation of Deputies. Following this, I will be applying for the Sheriff's Investigations Department, hoping to become an Investigator.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    When not working for the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, I am providing protection for our Government with the Government Security Bureau. As you can see, I am quite dedicated to protecting Los Santos and its citizens. When not working I am sleeping or eating. Crime does not take a break and nor shall I!

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT
  • Sheriff's Information Division

The Sheriff's Information Division is a division under the Office of the Sheriff, led by Commanding Officer Lieutenant Amelia Clark. In the last months, the Sheriff's Information Division has undergone a complete internal restructure, creating positions that match members' interests and creative strengths. We have also launched the Spokesperson Program, which is dedicated to better communication between the department and the public and different media outlets.

What is the purpose and mission of your division?
    The Sheriff's Information Division's main goal is to provide information and communicate with the media and the general public in a professional and safe manner. We also host community and internal events.

How many employees of the LSSD is a member of your division?
    We currently have six members of the division, who all work in different areas such as development, creating content, and communication.

Are there any statistics that you would like to share from your division?
    Our division works in different ways, both scheduled and impromptu. We have scheduled releases such as the Monthly Press Release as the one you are currently reading. However, we also work on a case-to-case basis, where we write releases and communicate when we are needed.

How has the progress of your division been during the month?
    We have just undergone a large rework, including new ranks, leadership positions, internal call signs, and new policies.

Do you have any established goals for the future?
    Yes, We are hoping that the influx of deputies into the Sheriff's Information Division will help us to up the level of activity to what we are seeing today. Other than that, we wish to create more community events and releases with useful information about recent events and general information/tips to the public.

Are there any memorable moments this month related to your division that you can share?
    We have had quite a few good events in the last few years, but the one that comes to mind is the Winter Wonderland event that we hosted in December 2022 in Paleto. We let members of the public try out our weapons on a controlled range and hosted a large snowball fight at a custom station. This event really brought us together and we are hoping to recreate this in the near future.

-
DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

• Deputy Sheriff III Hendrix Pretorious
    Deputy Sheriff III Hendrix Pretorius graduated from the Los Santos Sheriff's Department Academy on the 28th of October 2023. Deputy Pretorius has become an integrated part of the Highway Enforcement Division, Field Training Division, and the Recruitment and Employment Division. Within RED, Pretorious has proven to be a capable, trustworthy, and dedicated member, and we are proud to have him within our ranks.

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department back on October 26, 2023. Those were the golden times for me as being a Deputy for the County was one of my biggest dreams. I served the LSPD before coming to SD however I was unable to clear their Field Training Program. I enjoy my time in the Department and look forward to keeping it that way.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My Favorite thing about being a Deputy in the Department is the fact that I love to do a lot of Paperwork and that the majority of my divisions are Paperwork basically. I love to process Applications and Conduct Interviews in RED while at the same time Instructing during an Academy and then filling out the Paperwork later on. I enjoy also my time in the Field Training Division, not only is this giving me a chance to fill out paperwork but also it is giving me an opportunity and a privilege to teach new Trainees how to face obstacles and become good Deputies as the Trainee phase is a tough ladder to clear for anyone. I like to do this stuff, it provides a sense of relief to me that I was in the same spot back in October completing my Academy and now I feel like it is time for me to give the department back something good and better.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    My most memorable moment is when I passed my Field Training Program. It was a sense of relief for me. Coming from PD after failing all 3 Attempts on the Eval and then not being able to contribute much in the Department throughout the Program and then getting a shock to complete the Eval within 48 Hours to prevent a Discharge. I appreciate all the hard work that FTD did to guide me and teach me towards my eval and provide the necessary motivation, especially FTD Command when I received the email of passing the Evaluation was a big relief and the most memorable moment for me to remember. Thank You once again for all FTD Command for having great deputies in the Division back then and excellent leadership. I am glad to be a part of the Division now and help make sure the Division stays great and improves. This has been the most memorable moment for me.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I became a Deputy because it has always been my Passion to serve the great state of San Andreas. I started off at DOC to gain some knowledge on how day-to-day operations happen. I always wanted to join the Sheriff's Department however I was never able to clear the Interview Stage until October 26, 2023. I always found the County fascinating and very open. I won't say easier to patrol or less dangerous but it's definitely a place to work for in an LEO capacity which teaches you how to be a better driver when driving in the capacity of an LEO. I always debated between PD and SD however when it came time to choose, SD was the one as I believed the Department was very challenging itself and I like to face challenges and achieve success in them. Where I am today, I do not regret even an inch or even a pinch of an inch that I serve this great Department and keep County Borders safe.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The Greatest feeling about being a Deputy is to know that at the end of the Day, no matter what happens, you help people on the road and on calls making sure they are safe and out of harm's way and also enforce the law so their families and other peoples families can relax at home and know that their loved ones will make it home. Not as a Promise but as a gesture that this wonderful Department will protect them at no cost. Another great feeling is the fact internally that as a Deputy, you have the Whole Department that helps each other making sure we all return back home safely at the end of our watch. The feeling towards this gives is the greatest to have ever been felt by me.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    I see myself reaching the Rank of Master Deputy in the next 2 Months, a Senior Application Handler in RED along with being a Full Time Academy Instructor and being able to do Evaluations for Trainees in the Field Training Division. I also plan on participating in the Supervisor Training Program and wanting to join SED or SIB, I am still debating over those. I would also later on during those two months will be wanting to join SID and help anywhere and everywhere that I can contribute in whatever the situation, the requirement, challenge and anything that it is. I will be ready to face it. The Journey that I have been in for the past 5-6 Months has been really rewarding and Worth it. I plan on pushing my limits more and more during these 2 months and am hopeful that I achieve success in my future Journey in the Department.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    Outside of Work, I like to do lots of Hunting and Oil Mining with a Pickaxe. I like to also stay at home sometimes and just decorate my home. I recently purchased a new 3 Garage House and I have been constantly working hard to make sure it is clean and organized and also Decorating it with many new things. I do not participate much in Parties however buying new cars is somewhat of a hobby for me and I plan on starting it again since now I can park more cars in my House Garage. There are extremely rare chances for me to stop. I am a big fan of paperwork, one of the very big things wherever I am, so outside of work, I also try to come up with creative ways on how I can work with Paperwork and how I can improve myself on submitting them and how fast I can get them finished while on duty. I go to a Demo website and practice there regularly to improve my accuracy and efficiency and this helps me a lot to where now I can finish reports within 5-10 minutes. I love my Job and I love it more when I am off the Watch as I am constantly improving on a day-to-day basis.

-
PROMOTIONS
  • Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Sayaka Yukimura
    Investigator I Investigator I (SiT)
    • Messiah Young
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Aiden Beta
    Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Andy Schmidt (Transfer)
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Hendrix Pretorious
    Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Dymond Cole (Transfer)
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Stefan Dobrev
    • Arnold Rimmer
    • Clay Thompson
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • James Boots
    • Yuki Nakamura
    • Alejandro Sainz
    • Stela Cater
    • Francesca Romano
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee
    • Roman Dallas
    • Shane Steward
    • George Hart
    • Liam Mackenzie
    • Chris Richardsun
    • Marvin Price
    • Alialdeen Alsirhani

-
MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • What are some of the biggest challenges you face in your role as a deputy, and how do you overcome them?
  • Lieutenant Amelia Clark wrote:One of the biggest challenges I face in my line of duty is to ensure that each and every deputy is doing well and feel safe in their day-to-day operations. Reading handbooks and knowing policies is one thing, but it all changes when you step onto the field and see the individuals behind every scene and the ones who work to keep justice and safety on the line. Something that helps me through situations is to lean on the support given by my fellow colleagues and the debriefs after.
    Deputy Sheriff I James Boots wrote:One of the biggest challenges I face as a deputy, is my role in public outreach, showing everyone not all members of Law Enforcement are bad, being polite, and being able to actively have fun and crack jokes with the general public, but also knowing when you have to put on your serious face, and not be a push over for things that require correction or immediate attention.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE
  • Thank you so much for reading the March 2024 Newsletter. It has been an exciting month with lots of things going on, so be sure to stay tuned to our Newsroom to hear more.

Currently, our recruitment is CLOSED, however, when it opens, you can find information about our employment opportunities here.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Assistant Sheriff Tyrone Balakay
    (909) 403-2092 — [email protected]

Commanding Officer Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark
Patrol Commander, North Patrol Division
Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division