LSEMS Monthly Press Release | January 2024

Alex Mpache
Chief of EMS
ECRP Forum Name: Mpache

LSEMS Awards

LSEMS Monthly Press Release | January 2024

Post by Alex Mpache »

INTRODUCTION

A new month is already here and with that, we have reached the end of January. With all the festivities and sweets from December, some of us started the new year with new goals, getting back to work after the holidays to see familiar faces and starting strong with the month of January.

This month we had our amazing department work together with the PR team to bring everyone our LSEMS Career Fair, where multiple Divisions were present to showcase what we do on a day-to-day basis. We also got to see a lot of promotions and divisional promotions as our Medics get the rewards they deserve for their hard work and you can see down below all about it.

With a new batch of supervisors in training and our new medics we hope to continue to grow our department so we can keep helping the public, we also have more events planned for this year so keep an eye out and enjoy the new year.
    EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH | JANUARY 2024
      EMT-I Emma Pierce

"It's an honor to be the employee of the month in a department that's become like a family to me."

Emma has been with the department since 25/SEP/2023, and she has already achieved many great things across multiple divisions. Today, she is being recognized as the Employee of the Month for the month of January 2024! Here's to many more great things, keep on keeping on.
      spacer
      spacer
      LSEMS CAREER FAIR
          On the 27th of January 2024, the PR team together with other divisions from LSEMS, held a Career Fair to showcase to the public the work involved in each division.
          The local University was kind enough to allow us to use their space to hold the event, so we made sure to organize every stall's location so that visitors could go to each with easy access and none would be missed out on allowing for every showcased division to shine.
          Our Divisions being showcased were:
          • BLS - Basic Life Support
          • RED - Recruitment and Employment Division
          • FTD - Field Training Division
          • CRU - Crisis Response Unit
          • AMU - Advanced Medical Unit
          • Forensics - Forensics Division
          • Lifeguard - Lifeguard Division
          • F&RD - Fire and Rescue Division
          • A&R - Air and Rescue Division
          For each division, we prepared an area customized to represent it. Our event started at 8 PM and before we had even started we already had some people waiting and ready to go to each stand and listen about the work we do. Air & Rescue also had a Swift at the event and we offered a free ride to visitors where they got to go in the helicopter and see the event from above.

The event went smoothly and I would consider it a success with the number of visitors we had and participating medics, our amazing team of medics getting together to help with the even and at the same time keeping up with calls saving lives was truly inspiring. Below we have some photos from the event so that everyone that was unable to visit can still see how it looked and soon Weasel will be releasing an article about the event.
          Event Photos
          RANK ADJUSTMENTS

Junior Paramedic -> Paramedic
          Grant Adams
          Hunter Stile (Reinstatement)

Master EMT -> Junior Paramedic
          CeeCee Rhodes
          Frost Black
          Kourtney LaFleur
          Laurant Conrad
          Kyle Warren

EMR -> EMT-P
          Kim Crane (Reinstatement)
          Alex Mathers (Reinstatement)

EMT-I -> EMT-A
          Cindy Marsh
          Viktor Markov
          Clay Thompson

EMT-B -> EMT-I
          Valerie Economou (Reinstatement)
          Emma Pierce

EMR -> EMT-B
          Avery Jo
          Hera Onassis
          Willow Onasiss
          Marbella Amara
          spacer
          DEPARTMENT UPDATES

The department has seen substantial and consistent internal updates throughout the Winter and is now remaining the most stable it has been for almost a full year.

Sokka Lazoo from Internal Affairs Investigator to Head of Internal Affairs, on 05/JAN/2024.
            Lynn Foster from Interim Head of AMU to Head of AMU, on 07/JAN/2024.
            Viktor Markov from Surgeon to Interim Assistant Head of AMU, on 07/JAN/2024.
            Wesley Moon from Air & Rescue Instructor to Interim Assistant Head of Air & Rescue, on 12/JAN/2024.
            Frost Black from Interim Head of Field Training to Head of Field Training, on 21/JAN/2024.
            Alex Nieves from Event Coordinator to Interim Head of Public Relations, on 30/JAN/2024.
            Kourtney LaFleur from Public Relations Writer to Interim Assistant Head of Public Relations, on 30/JAN/2024.
            DIVISION SPOTLIGHT | FIRE & RESCUE
            spacer

Fire and Rescue Division
              The Fire and Rescue Division is important within the LSEMS umbrella. We handle just about everything from first responders on Vehicular Accidents to handling various Hazardous Materials.
              Fires, of course, are our specialty. Ranging from small incident fires to government building fires, we are the ones responsible for making sure those buildings are left standing and the civilians, are safe.
              We also have some cool equipment at our disposal.
              Recruitment has been very rapid as of late, and we are the second largest division inside of LSEMS. The majority of Medics you see out there in the field are a part of the Fire and Rescue Division in some way, be that as a Firefighter Trainee or a Fire Safety Inspector.

Since taking over, Head of Fire & Rescue Christopher Dalison has said his biggest change is the flow of the training. Before he was made the head of the division, there were no Senior Firefighter instructors at all, now there are 3, and more are on their way. Another thing that has changed is the addition of the Fire CaraCara for our Fire Safety Branch. This vehicle allows Fire Safety Inspectors the ability to properly do their job efficiently. The changes in Fire Inspections have also been a huge ongoing process and one that Head of Fire & Rescue Christopher Dalison has been working hard on. There are many requests coming in a business needs an inspection and these are often handled very promptly to allow the business to operate.
                Head of Fire and Rescue
                Christopher Dalison
                  Christopher Dalison current Head of Fire and Rescue, returned to the LSEMS department on the 22nd of January 2023, eager to achieve his goals he set out to do the best he could in the field, treating patients and saving lives, on the 11th of April of the same year he joined Fire and Rescue and in about less than two months he distinguished himself within Fire and Rescue getting appointed as the interim head of the division. Ever since he rose to this position he has gotten promoted to Head of Fire and Rescue and has brought many changes to the division.
                    Christopher Dalison wrote:Joining Fire and Rescue was always one of my original goals when joining the LSEMS. I was always going to make it my primary division and focus within the department and help it in any way I could. I like the world and dedication that goes into the division as well as the danger element. It tests your mental and physical ability more than some may think.
                    My most memorable call was when I was handling an RV fire call. I ended up going inside a drug lab that was still hot. Upon cooling down the tables, one of them in the far end of the RV exploded causing fire to immediately start to spread. The Police and Firefighters were told to evacuate, and they did. I was the last one out to make sure no one was left inside. It was a close call, but it is something that could happen on any fire call we go to.
                    Head of Fire & Rescue Christopher Dalison encourages employees to join the Fire and Rescue Division as it's a good way to expand your knowledge of how to save lives. It is dangerous, but a very important role in the department. A lot of people could benefit from being trained in fire safety and rescue tactics. Whether it's a ladder rescue or just a small brush fire.
                    spacer
                    PUBLIC RELATIONS NEWS
                          New Interim Head of Public Relations
                          Alex Nieves
                            Greetings everyone, It is with a big smile that I would like to announce that the Public relations Team has a new command team, assuming the position of Interim Assistant Head for PR is Junior Paramedic Kourtney LaFleur, and assuming the position of Interim Head of PR is Paramedic Alex Nieves.
                            Thanks to Assistant Chief Thalmer, the Division has remained alive and stable, and with the fantastic work from everyone in the Public Relations Team, we have been able to keep bringing you events to entertain and educate everyone on the work we do.

As the new Interim Head of Public Relations here's a bit about me, I first joined the LSEMS department on the 2nd of April 2023, and when I joined I had no clue how much of a family everyone within MD would become to me, I was just a girl with the ambition to do some good for the city, and thanks to everyone that I've met in MD I felt welcome, they thought me so much and it inspired me to reach a position where I can be the guiding beacon for the next generations to come.
                            I first joined the Public Relations Team on the 13th of July 2023, I helped here and there with events assisting but It wasn't until October that I felt ready to lead an event, In the start of that month I started the work for the Breast Cancer Awareness Charity event with the assistance from the other members of the Team and we turned it into a success, This event was only possible thanks to the help from everyone who participated at the event including DOC who handled some of the tasks and security at the event, the city was dressed in Pink and many came to offer support and donate to the Charity. From there forward I began to focus more on the division working on events either creating or assisting and working on our monthly press releases bringing news to the public as well as advice and tips on how to handle injuries.
                            On the 4th of November, I was then promoted to Event Coordinator and continued my work in the division to create a bond with other departments as well as the public, and now on the 30th of January I was appointed Interim Head of PR, but my work doesn't stop here, together with our amazing PR team and our Medical team we got plans for the future, with more fun events were everyone can learn in a fun way.
                              New Interim Assistant Head of Public Relations
                              Kourtney LaFleur
                                Ever since I got my first iFruit, the one I subsequently broke less than a day later, I have been an avid fan of social media and especially Lifeinvader so I have felt naturally drawn towards Public Relations.
                                I'd like to think I have some experience when it comes to Public Relations. I have been in Public Relations at SADOC for three years and even ran it for a few months. I have assisted in countless press releases and events so I'm looking to shift some of that work over here as well. I was in LSEMS PR for a short spell when I was an EMT in 2021 & 2022 however the division was nowhere near as active back then but things have already begun to change.
                                My primary focus when joining Public Relations was to assist with the monthly LSEMS press release as I felt that showcasing the month of work really helped with the public image of the department and also filled civilians in on what goes on behind the medbay doors.
                                My biggest contribution so far was setting up the careers fair this month (which you can read about above!) which brought together members from each LSEMS division to showcase what they get up to and to try to entice civilians to sign up and become medics.
                                BASIC MEDICAL INFORMATION
                                  How to help someone that is choking
                                    Given the recent increase in people at Burgershot, there is also an increase in the amount of people taking the word "fast" in fast food very literally which may cause them to eat too fast and end up choking on their food.
                                    In the event of someone choking do the following:
                                    • Stand to the person's side and bend the person over.
                                    • Strike five times in the area between the person's shoulder plates.
                                    • If this doesn't work, perform the technique known as the Heimlich maneuver which involves wrapping your arms around their abdomen and squeezing them around the stomach 5 times.
                                    • Repeat this until the block is dislodged.
                                    • Do not attempt to remove an item from their throat with your hands.
                                    • Call for a medic in 911 and wait for a medic to arrive.
                                    BASIC LIFE SUPPORT COURSES
                                      • LSEMS Basic Life Support Course Applications Status: OPEN

Want to learn how to save lives and give CPR? Apply today to attend one of our Basic Life Support (BLS) courses! This course will teach you all the basic life-saving skills you need to know, including CPR and basic first aid treatment for various injuries.
                                        By completing this course, you will be given a medical license card that proves that you are qualified in Basic Life Support and First Aid — enabling you to legally provide critical aid to your friends, family, and the citizens of Los Santos. This license may help you progress in your career as many employers see this as particularly advantageous!
                                        Sign up for our Basic Life Support Course Today! - Click Here!
                                        To view the BLS Course Schedules - Click Here

Charge Eligibility
                                      Persons wishing to undertake this course will be subject to background checks. To pass the background check, the applicant must be clean of any:
                                      • Non-aggressive felonies for 2 weeks.
                                      • Aggressive crimes (felonies/misdemeanors) for 1 month.
                                      • Serious Felonies for 1 month.
                                      RIDE ALONG PROGRAM
                                        • LSEMS Ridealong Application Status: OPEN

Applying for the LSEMS Ride-along Program is a great way to see firsthand exactly what the Emergency Medical Services do. You will be paired up with one of our friendly staff members who will take you to calls that range from minor injuries to major accidents.
                                          Apply for an LSEMS Ride-along!
                                          Click Here to check the status currently.

Requirements
                                        • General misdemeanors - No less than two weeks since last charge.
                                        • Nuisance misdemeanors - No less than two weeks since last charge.
                                        • Vehicular charges (felony or misdemeanor) - No less than two weeks since last charge.
                                        • Weapons charges (felony or misdemeanor) - No less than two weeks since last charge.
                                        • Drug charges (felony or misdemeanor) - No less than one month since last charge.
                                        • General felonies - No less than one month since last charge.
                                        • Serious felonies - No less than 6 months since last charge. If it has been less than 6 months, you may still be eligible if you have undergone the Felon Reformation Program through DOC. Please reach out to an employee if further information is needed.
                                        • Sexual Crimes - Permanently disqualified.
                                        REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
                                          • LSEMS Appointment Status: OPEN

You are able to book an appointment with our staff, whether that be a doctor for physical problems you may have or our therapist team for mental and emotional support! Don't leave that pain till tomorrow. Don't be alone with your thoughts. We are here to help.
                                            Los Santos Emergency Services offer Medical Checkups and Psychological Assistance to the Citizens of Los Santos. Once a form has been submitted a doctor or psychologist will try to contact you either via government e-mail or via the phone number provided.
                                            Click here to book an appointment now!
                                          LSEMS RECRUITMENT
                                            • LSEMS Recruitment Status: OPEN

Do you want to be a part of a team that saves lives? We are currently looking to hire more Emergency Medical Technicians for the LSEMS. Joining LSEMS is a great way to get a stable career, improve your life skills, and most importantly, save others.
                                              There are a whole range of career opportunities to suit you such as focusing on becoming a doctor or a firefighter!

Click here to apply now!

Requirements
                                              • Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
                                              • Applicants must possess a full driver's license issued by the Los Santos DMV. A trucker's license is required if the applicant wishes to join the Fire & Rescue Division. We typically prefer applicants with no major traffic or driving offenses.
                                              • The LSEMS requires that applicants not have any history of certain mental conditions that could inhibit performance on duty and cause further issues in the department. Exceptions can be made.
                                              • The Applicant must be clear from any recent criminal charges - some charges may be forgiven if the Applicant undergoes SADOC's Felon Reformation Program.
                                            Charges Information
                                            There are multiple felonies and charges that will default the application status as DENIED regardless of references, letters of recommendation, or programs passed**:
                                            • Serious Felonies (SF) except for SF03 & SF07
                                            • Drug Felonies (DF)
                                            • GF01 - Child Endangerment
                                            • GF04 - Sexual Assault
                                            • GF13 - Arson
                                            • GF14 - False Impersonation
                                            • GF16 - Tampering with Evidence
                                            • GF17 - Rape
                                            • GF20 - Possession of Human Body Tissue
                                            • GF21 - Prison Break
                                            • GF24 - Perjury

There are multiple felonies and charges that will set the application status as DENIED unless the applicant successfully underwent SADOC's Felon Reformation Program:
                                            • GF19 - Abuse or Desecration of Dead Human Body
                                            • SF03 - Involuntary or Vehicular Manslaughter
                                            • SF07 - Bank Robbery
                                            • WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon
                                            • WF02 - Shooting from a Vehicle (Drive-By)
                                            • Drug Misdemeanours (DM)

Additionally, Firearm Possession Charges are categorized as such:
                                            • WM02 - Possession of a Class 1 Firearm - 2 months*
                                            • WF03 - Possession of a Class 2 Firearm - 6 months*
                                            • WF04 - Possession of a Class 3 Firearm - 6 months*
                                            • WF05 - Possession of a Class 4 Firearm - 6 months*

Felonies that are outside the charges mentioned above have a wait time of 6 months*.

Other Misdemeanors that are outside the charges mentioned above have a wait time of 2 months*

NOTE* The applicant may go through the San Andreas Department of Correction's Felon Reformation Program before applying and provide a reference for the recruitment personnel to review in order to shorten the wait time. Undergoing the Felon Reformation Program does not guarantee leniency, as applicants' criminal records are considered on a case-by-case basis, and on the other hand, we may be more lenient towards one-time offenders than repeat ones.
                                            Additionally, employment with a clean track record within more lenient government-funded organizations, agencies, companies, and firms may contribute positively toward each individual case.

NOTE** Only in cases of charges that are 12 months or older, special reviews may take place for one-time offenders for charges that are otherwise entirely eliminatory. These reviews would require substantial feedback from another government-funded employer.

Should you wish to verify or get more information on the subject of criminal records and their interaction(s) with our recruitment procedures, contact ✉︎ Emilia Thalmer or ✉︎ Grant Adams.
                                            MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF OF EMS
                                              Chief of LSEMS Alex Mpache
                                              A fresh new month of a fresh new year has already gone by! January has been another staple of stability for the department, as we continue increasing in numbers and improving the quality of our services across the board. We've standardized SAAA Pilot Medical Exams, as well as open up more alleyways for appointments. We continue to strive for a well-balanced department and increased supervisory presence to ensure we have better coverage week-round.

Our employees have received an additional round of bonuses for continued high-quality and high-quantity work across the board, in addition to the bonuses steadily growing since May 2023. Furthermore, EMT pay has seen an increase, as well as EMR (Trainee) pay going up by ~8.5%, further increasing the baseline of employment benefits.
                                              Thank you for everything you do team, keep on keeping on!
                                              spacer
                                              CLOSING MESSAGE
                                              Thank you very much for reading this month's press release. We appreciate your support and are happy to see the engagement regarding these releases. Remember to take care of each other!

"There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others."

Alex Mpache
                                              Chief of EMS
                                              Los Santos Emergency Medical Services

Alex Nieves
                                              Paramedic, Interim Head of PR
                                              Contact for Public Relations Inquiries

Kourtney Lafleur
                                              Junior Paramedic, Interim Assistant Head of PR

Contact for Public Relations Inquiries

Alex Mpache | Chief of EMS

Return to “LSEMS Press Releases”