Sheriff's Newsletter - January 2024

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - January 2024

Post by Amelia Clark »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF
    Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    We have now moved into the first month of 2024, and I couldn’t be more proud of the hard work and dedication of my deputies. As you can already see, The Los Santos Sheriff's Department has begun recruitment efforts and encouraged individuals to seek their passion within law enforcement.
    At the beginning of January, the Recruitment and Employment division hosted a Job Fair, which led to a large increase in job applications sent our way. Academy #81 was hosted and we welcomed seven new Deputy Sheriff Trainees to the department. Already two weeks later, RED hosted a walk-in recruitment event that led to fourteen Academy Students graduating Academy #82.

I wish to take the time to personally recognize the work of the Recruitment and Employment Division and the Deputies involved, which managed to put together two successful public events.

Moving forward, we are excited to continue building upon this momentum welcoming new members to the Sheriff's Department, and watching the new generation grow through their experience and strength to reach their goals.

Let's continue to look out for one another, create a safer environment, and make Los Santos a place we're proud to call home. God bless and stay safe.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    -
    -
    -
    -
DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

• Master Deputy Baron Faust
    Master Deputy Baron Faust transferred from the Los Santos Police Department in July 2023. Since he joined the Sheriff's Department, he has proven active in a good amount of divisions such as the Field Training Division, Air Support Division, the Special Enforcement Detail, Recruitment and Employment Division, and the K9 Detection Team. Master Deputy Faust has proven to be a knowledgeable and trustworthy Deputy and we are proud to award him with the well-deserved Deputy of the Month for December 2023 Award.

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department a little over six months ago. I transferred from the Los Santos Police Department on the 12th of July, 2023.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    I love the culture. Being a deputy has been an amazing experience and I love every single minute of it. I feel like I have been able to spread my wings a bit more than I was able to since joining the department, allowing me to interact with more people and help the community.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    I would have to say the most memorable moments are helping certain people. I won't name anyone for privacy reasons, but some very unique individuals come under our care from time to time. Interacting with these individuals is sure to be a memorable one more often than not.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I wanted to transfer from the Police Department for a few reasons. Namely, I felt that my career was stagnating and I needed a change in scenery. As well, I have a few friends within the LSSD that made making the jump a lot easier on the landing.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The greatest feeling about being a deputy is the freedom that being outside of the city brings. As I said, I love the culture of our department, and being able to truly be our (professional) selves is freeing and probably one of the best things I've experienced working as a LEO.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    I picture myself working to achieve my goals to eventually become a supervisor within the department. I have been working hard in my divisions and in my patrols to prove not to others, but to myself that I can and will accomplish this. Since joining the Los Santos Police Department in November of 2021, I have wanted to reach that goal and since joining the Sheriff's Department, I have gotten further than I could have before.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    I love to train with my K9 partner, Fudge. I've had him since early 2022 and he's transferred departments with me. I have a few other hobbies that most people don't know about I suppose. I'm a decent enough cook, and an even better baker, and I like to sew and do other crafts when I get the motivation to do so.

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT
    K9 Division

What are the main objectives of your division?
    - The Los Santos Sheriffs K9 Division is designed to provide a practical and credible countywide narcotic detection capability to aid in investigating, apprehending, and prosecuting participants in illegal activities involving narcotics or firearms. This will be accomplished through the deployment of highly trained handlers and dogs. The primary task of these handlers is to locate narcotic substances or materials, objects, paraphernalia, currency, or other items that have been tainted with the odor of narcotic substances as well as firearms.

What types of vehicles and equipment does your division employ?
    - Currently, we deploy the Caracara 4x4 and Scout outfitted with a single cage in the back for the K9 to allow one suspect to be taken if needed.

What is your favorite part about being a member of your division?
    - Personally, one of my favorite parts of being in the K9 division is being able to patrol with your best buddy out in the field and watching them so enthusiastic to work. The connection you build with your partner is something extraordinary to have.

What is the best accomplishment you have earned in your division?
    - I would say the best accomplishment I have had within the division is my K9, Lola. While we have trained together she has managed to excel in her duties in the field managing to get many positive detections in her time in the department.

How many employees of the LSSD are members of your division?
    - Currently, we have 9 members within the K9 Division each with their own K9.

-
DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

• Master Deputy Sayaka Yukimura
    Master Deputy Sayaka Yukimura transferred from the Los Santos Police Department in October 2023 and has since then proved to be a trusted and hard-working individual. Yukimura is active in a good amount of divisions such as the Air Support Division, Field Training Division, Special Enforcement Detail, Highway Enforcement Division, and the Recruitment and Employment Division, where they have received commendations for their hard work and dedication. We are happy to have Deputy Yukimura by our side and we wish her good luck in her future within the Sheriff's Department.

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on October 10th, 2023. My transfer and reinstatement were graciously accepted and I started as a Deputy Sheriff III in the South Patrol Division.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a deputy in the Sheriff's Department is working with my amazing co-workers. We all have each other's backs and I know for a fact that I have the privilege of working with the county's finest day in and day out.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    My most memorable moment while serving as a deputy would be any of the times I served as the marksman sniper in the department's Blackhawk helicopter. Being able to lean on the foundation that my training gave and work with our wonderful pilots allowed me to calmly take any shot that was required. The training, camaraderie, and trust in my fellow operators make SED the best unit the department has.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I became a deputy for the LSSD as I was looking for a fresh restart to my law enforcement career. I had served the LSPD for almost two years, and the change of scenery and company was exactly what I needed to regain my motivation to serve our great county.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The greatest feeling about being a deputy is the feeling of community our department provides. I consider it a family and have enjoyed seeing myself and the department flourish over the past few months.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    I would like to see myself become a Senior Operator within the Special Enforcement Detail and ideally become a supervisor in the Recruitment and Employment Division. I truly enjoy my work in both divisions and would like to move up their ranks.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    Outside of work, I enjoy spending time in nature and going hunting with my fellow deputies, especially Stefan. While I have tried business ventures, none have particularly taken off, and I enjoy my job as a deputy too much to put the effort into the ventures to see them succeed.
    -
PROMOTIONS
  • Image Captain
    • Wiley Reno (Reinstatement)
    Image Staff Sergeant
    • Christopher Porter (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Baron Faust
    • Sayaka Yukimura
    • Blaise Lennox
    Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Aaron Marks (Reinstatement)
    • Greg Devine (Reinstatement)
    • Lucas Murdock (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Aiden Beta
    • Harvey Sutherland
    • Hans Waltz
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Gavin Sands
    • Quentin Johnson
    Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • James Valor (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Brian Bentley (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Jack Handley
    • Tim Ford
    • Harper Flynn
    • William Club
    • Caleb Struss
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee
    • Timothy Barnes (Reinstatement)
    • Jack Andreyev
    • Simon Denton
    • Evan Kim
    • Lily Hartwell
    • Liam Law
    • Rocky Hester
    • Ryder Mansour
    • Francesca Romano
    • Arnold Rimmer
    • Anton Donald
    • Stela Cater
    • Yuki Nakamura
    • Anakin Sparrow
    • Travis Hawk
    • Logan White
    • Lesil Shore
    • Atlas Hayes
    • Zack West
    • Clay Thompson
    • Anisa Tyr
    • James Boots

-
MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • What pushed you to serve in the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
  • Trent Williams wrote:I initially signed up to join the Sheriff's Department after seeing the rampant gang and criminal violence occurring. Many years prior I served in the Police Department, but obviously later made the switch to the Sheriff's Department. Serving in the Sheriff's Department has been an amazing experience that I wish everyone could experience.
    Ben Blowman wrote:To keep the peace in the county and protect the innocent citizens is why I signed up for the job!
    Stefan Dobrev wrote:What pushed me to serve LSSD was I wanted to make a difference in the city and make a positive impact in a way I couldn't at DOC. I worked at DOC for almost 2 years but I wanted to work outside of the closed gates there. As far as working for PD or SD, I put it off for a long time. I didn't think I was good enough and lacked the confidence to even apply. Sayaka convinced me to apply although I was skeptical. It took me a few times but I passed my eval and am on my way to DS1. I'm looking forward to my future in SD. I plan to join the highway patrol division and maybe k9.
    Sayaka Yukimura wrote wrote:After taking a well-earned mini retirement after my almost two years of serving the LSPD, I chose to transfer to the Sheriff's Department due to the the community that the department cultivates. I believe in making a difference in our state, and the Sheriff's Department is a place where I know every member supports each other, from the field staff through the supervisory team. I truly believe that the Sheriff's Department is like a family and I am proud to represent it every time I go on duty.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE
  • Thank you so much for reading the January 2024 newsletter. We are excited to see what February has in store for the department and the success we have seen so far this year.

If you are interested in joining the Sheriff's Department, our recruitment is currently closed due to the high amount of traffic we have witnessed during this month. We are aiming to open our recruitment soon. Further information can be found on our job opportunities page. We would love to have you in our department!
CONTACT INFORMATION

Commanding Officer Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Communications Assistant Trent Williams
    (909) 000-0000 — [email protected]

Public Relations Strategist Oj Wood
    (909) 452-3997 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark