December 2023 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

December 2023 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the December 2023 SADOC Press Release!
We hope everyone has enjoyed their holidays and is preparing to return back to work in the coming days.
It has been an incredible busy and stressful month at SADOC given the amount of events and situations that have occurred, namely having to house many gang members by order of the Government and getting more frequent inmates with life sentences.
We have also experienced some interior redesign the last month but we are saving that for a special press release.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month December 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I'd say getting into CERT, it feels really good to be able to help other departments in different ways and to be trusted with more heavy weaponry than your standard CO.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I think becoming a member of the supervisory team is something I'd like to do however I'm not in any rush to do that, got to enjoy every moment!

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
I'd say that owning the fact you don't know everything and probably never will is a key skill. Being too big headed and arrogant can be the biggest downfall of people.

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two Family Members Seeing A Loved One
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Anthony Jray

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • Its fun, I get to smoke shadows all day long. Seems like a fair deal honestly
      They are what people call some bitches. we do not like the shadow people

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • The big booty bitches, Alex Podolski booty, and honestly a place to stay and smoke shadows

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • Jerry Brooks, He smells like shit. And the overpopulation of the shadow shitters

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • Let me leave whenever I want. And better jumpsuit yall give us some shitty underwear, cotton rubs on me weirdly

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • Let everyone leave, and probably blow this shithole up

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • Honestly fuck no! All the good people left. Riley I miss his big fat butt

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • I can't stop smoking shitters who talk shit, especially shadows. oh man oh man shadows are some hot ass cheeks.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • If your a shadow, you a big bitch! and I'm coming for all yall

Employee Ajustments
  • ImageLieutenantImageCaptain
    • #914 Oliver Dutch
    • #925 Gina Willow
  • ImageSergeantImage Lieutenant
    • #871 Randy Lee
  • ImageCorporalImageSergeant
    • #975 Bradley Coot
  • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
    • #1019 Vito Saint
    • #881 Chris Whittle
  • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
    • #850 Bogdan Beciri
    • #1024 Lola Kalashnikov
    • #1025 Leo Gromer
    • #864 Hukaz Zidane
  • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
    • #741 Lilly Hartwell
    • #1030 Alex Nieves
    • #1035 Atlas Cross
    • #1048 Danae Luv
    • #1022 Manuel Romero
    • #692 Franz Stroheim
    • #1041 Adam Homegreen
  • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
    • #1044 Marco Mendoza
    • #1050 Roger Remington
    • #1049 Russell Herts
    • #518 Stanley Miso
    • #1054 Dustin Curtis

• REINSTATEMENTS
    This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
  • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
    • #981 Miles Hansen
  • ImageCorrectional Officer III
    • #954 Nathaniel Ford
  • ImageCorrectional Officer I
    • #1049 Russell Herts
Employee Count
  • SADOC Officer Count
    High Command | 5 | 7.94%
    Warden | 1 | 1.56%
    Deputy Warden | 2 | 3.17%
    Assistant Warden | 2 | 3.17%
    Command | 5 | 7.94%
    Commander | 2 | 3.17%
    Captain | 3 | 4.76%
    Supervisors | 8 | 12.70%
    Lieutenant | 2 | 3.17%
    Sergeant | 3 | 4.76%
    Corporal | 3 | 4.76%

• General Staff | 40 | 63.49%
    Senior Correctional Officer | 5 | 7.94%
    Correctional Officer III | 9 | 14.29%
    Correctional Officer II | 8 | 12.70%
    Correctional Officer I | 8 | 12.70%
    Correctional Trainee | 10 | 15.87%
    OTHER | 5 | 7.91%
    Correctional Custodian Officers | 4 | 6.35%
    Law Consultants | 1 | 1.56%
Special Award
    Bleeding Heart
        Awarded to an individual that has shown great performance under high stress. Awarding could be for, but not limited to, saving the life of another officer, defusing a hostage situation, or preventing a prison break.

Image Sergeant - #961 Remmi Raccoon
          On in the twilight hours of December 18th put her safety above her co-workers and lead and deescalated two very dangerous situations and helped our supervisor team deal with a third bomb threat in a 90min stretch.

Her actions were noticed by the Command Team, and she was awarded the Bleeding-heart ribbon. The Bleeding-heart ribbon is a ribbon that is earned in the line of duty and is one that is awarded and cannot be requested.

• We asked Sergeant Raccoon to talk about her time in the department, the situation that she was awarded from, along with how it feels to be awarded with the Bleeding Heart. This is what she had to say;

Can you tell us about your time with the department?
            • Sergeant Remmi Raccoon wrote:I have been employed at SADOC since May 1st, 2023. During my time here I have strived to be nothing but the best I can be. I always like to lend a helping hand and teach people new things. I am head of FRD (Felon Reformation Division) and Assistant Head of PR (Public Relations). I like to keep myself busy and keep my head strong. This job is my rock in life and without it, I don't know where I would be.
            Can you describe in your own words what "Bleeding heart" means to you?
            • Sergeant Remmi Raccoon wrote: To me the bleeding heart ribbon means risking your life to ensure those around you are safe from harm. As a Sergeant, I always want to make sure my team is safe.
            What did you do to earn this ribbon?
            • Sergeant Remmi Raccoon wrote: On Dec 18th I took the lead in a hostage situation within the laundry room. [REDACTED] from the gang [REDACTED] held [REDACTED] from the LSSD at knifepoint. I managed to talk him out of harming the Deputy after only a few moments and saved his life.

Only thirty minutes later there was a man in our lobby with at the time what we thought to be a real bomb in front of the desk. I went in risking my life to talk to the man to see what he wanted and managed to distract him long enough for the rest of the outside officers to come in and take their shot at the suspect. I treated him and he was arrested.

And last but not least 25 minutes after that we had ANOTHER bomb threat from someone who placed a bag outside of Bolingbroke Penitentiary. Myself and LT. Randy Lee set up a shield and shot the bag which was not a real bomb.
            Can you tell me what this ribbon means to you?
            • Sergeant Remmi Raccoon wrote: What these ribbons mean to me is that I am doing my duty as a Sergeant to make sure my team is safe and secure. I am proud to be where I am today from my long journey in life.
          Get To Know SADOC's Command

Captain Gina Willow

We have decided that each month we will introduce a member of our Command Team, and help you get to know them a little better. For December, we have decided to introduce our newly appointed Captain of Administration, Captain Gina Willow.

Captain Gina Willow has been working with the San Andreas Department of Corrections (SADOC) for over 10 months and has recently been appointed Captain of Administration. Her current role involves ensuring the supervisor team is fully equipped and supported to perform their duties effectively and overseeing multiple divisions such as CMT, PSYCH, PR, FRD, and HR, addressing the needs and challenges of these departments, from funding and advice to comprehensive support.

For her goals within the department in the future, she aims to continue to help the department with all her ability. Whether it is through recruiting, training, or updating protocols, she hopes to assist all the departments in their growth. One of her most memorable achievements was the day she was promoted to supervisor, a moment that solidified the efforts, contributions, and impact that she had made within SADOC. The promotion was not only a personal milestone but also a motivational force driving her continued efforts to contribute meaningfully to the department.

Captain Willow also acknowledges the challenges she faces while working in SADOC, particularly when it comes to administering disciplinary actions to other officers, as it is sometimes hard to inform someone that they are receiving a warning/suspension. However, She acknowledges that it is important to maintain order and discipline to ensure the department maintains its professional standards and efficiency.

Her advice for those someone who want to start on a similar path is to embrace the challenges with your heart and remember the supportive community within SADOC. She emphasizes the importance of commitment and the assurance that the department is not just a workplace but a family ready to support each other with a heart full of dedication.
          December Events!
            New DOC?
              Our Groundskeeping team has worked hard in remodeling the facility. They installed new doors and gave the prison a fresh new paint job. Our yard has also been remodeled giving the inmates extra space to hang out and removing the old yard to make way for the new yard.

On top of our prison being remodeled our Command and High Command team got their own name plaque and desks.

Ret. Deputy Warden Steve Blata, Ret. Captain Julia Whitehorse, Assistant Warden Issei Schneider, Deputy Warden Katie Schneider, Ret. Assistant Warden Adam Payne, Assistant Warden Maximillian Speed, Ret. Deputy Warden Yuki Nakamura, Commander Galileo Czapiewski, Commander Rock Paz, Warden Kourtney LaFleur, Deputy Warden Audrey Martin, Captain Jimmithy Jemima, and Ret. Warden Solomon Cobb.

((Big thanks to Bala and the rest of the development team for the amazing work they've done!))
                Winter WonderLand!
                This month DOC had its Winter Wonderland event where you got to meet Santa and his Reindeer along with Music, Food, Quad Races, Sleigh Rides, and a Gingerbread House contest.

The remaining trees that were left over from the Winter Wonderland event were sold for $250 outside for DOC.

Phone Calls
                    When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                    Recruitment Status
                    Recruitment
                     ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                    Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                      • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                    • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                    • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                    • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD, LSSD or SAJB at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working as a Correctional Officer here at the SADOC.
                      *If applying for the position of Correctional Custodian Officer they you may be a member of another department as this position is part-time. All decisions are made & finalized by the Human Resources Command Team
                    • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                      • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                    • Additional Requirements:
                      • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                      • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                      • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                      • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                    Closing Message from the Warden
                    And that ends our December Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
                    In the coming month there will be a year in reflection press release that goes over a lot of fun numbers and everything that has changed around Bolingbroke the last year. Stay tuned!
                    Kourtney Lafleur
                    Warden
                    San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
                    Captain of Departmental Administration, Head of Public Relations
                    [email protected]

Remmi Raccoon
                      Sergeant, Assistant Head of Public Relations
                      [email protected]
                        Randy Lee
                        Lieutenant, Public Relations Command

[email protected]

Jimmithy Jemima
                          Captain of Departmental Operations