Post by ApolloLyon »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Apollo Lyon
    Phone Number: 3576624
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Agency: Owner
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • I hope this request finds you well! My name is Apollo Lyon, Owner of Lyon's Den Security Solutions. Business Registration ID: SGB - 0453. Current licenses held: VBL:01 - Personnel Travel Small, FSBL:04 - Private Security Firm. I would like to inquire about firearms training for my employees through your Department. My Security Agents are well rounded citizens with clean records, level heads, and a strong will to provide excellent service to our clients in our field of work. With that said, I would love the opportunity to educate our agents and serve them with amazing knowledge and opportunities for growth and improvement through your professional firearm and public relations departments within your precinct.

Our goal is simple, we wish to provide unparalleled dedication to our clients which we feel we could achieve with the help of the Los Santos Police Department. One of the greatest hurdles our company has encountered in its time of being operational is firearms not being allowed to be carried inside of establishments that sell alcohol. We as professionals understand why this law is in place, but have been over ran by several individuals and as a result some of my agents were sent to the hospital with injuries in one instance. We feel the presence of armed security would not only deter violence of action, but could have prevented law abiding citizens from being victims of physical violence. I feel strongly that if we are not consuming alcohol in the establishment while on duty, we pose no threat to the local civilians in such establishments. With this in mind we do feel extensive training should be required and the right to carry firearms in these venues should not be given out of good faith, but earned with training facilitated by the local authorities.

As the owner of a security firm, I believe it is crucial to establish a strong relationship between our agencies. This is especially important for situations that may require the use of firearms. As professionals, we should have extensive knowledge of the laws and understand the repercussions of using firearms in establishments such as nightclubs, strip clubs, or bars. We feel like the first step in providing the department, government, and civilians we are tasked with protecting comfortability with allowing our agents to carry our weapons in these locations is going through training with the professionals that are allowed to carry firearms in these establishments while on duty. I feel as an owner it is my sole responsibility to provide the training and education to my agents. I pride myself in carrying our companies name with respect, and dignity and have met several police officers in your precinct that would agree we are professional, courteous, sharp, and dedicated to our craft.

I would love your help in facilitating a more in depth training to my agents in regards to firearm safety, laws, and de escalation tactics to ensure firearms are a last resort in addition to the private training we provide in house. I think the combination of our two agencies will give my agents a well rounded understanding of safety, responsibility, and dedication to our business. Which will in turn help the department in the event they respond to a distress call from one of our agents; they will know ahead of time they are encountering professionals, and can respond to the call with more confidence that we are trained to the best of our ability and will call for Police assistance in the event of true emergencies. Thank you truly for the ability and consideration within your department for our request. Have an amazing rest of your day.

Sincerely,
      Apollo Lyon.
Last edited by ApolloLyon on Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request For Information [Lyon's Den Security Solutions]

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Apollo Lyon,

Obviously the combination of alcohol and firearms is serious and dangerous, and the safest way to regulate it is by not allowing firearms at all. However, I will reach out to Firearms Licensing to pass on your suggestion and get back to you.

Your request is written in a single long paragraph which makes it harder to read than it needs to be.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Image POLICE DETECTIVE I Isabella Havana Cavallera
Vice Detective, Major Crimes Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

ApolloLyon
ECRP Forum Name: HydroMac

Post by ApolloLyon »

@Isabella Cavallera , Thank you for reviewing my inquiry, I have made the necessary adjustments to make the structure easier to read. Thank you for the recommendation.

To your point, I acknowledged the combination of both alcohol and firearms would be dangerous if consumed in the possession of a weapon which we would obviously not be doing as we are employed by the establishment and that goes against our internal policies. As stated in the above inquiry however, the government has made exceptions to law enforcement and GSB to posses firearms in these establishments to carry out their duties. So they are not completely outlawed through the city. Which is why I have made the request through this channel. Thank you for pushing my request through to the firearms licensing division.

Have a wonderful day,

Apollo Lyon
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

lspdlogo

• I understand that the apparent reason why firearms would be banned in establishments that serve alcohol would be to prevent intoxicated people from handling firearms. However, it should be noted that this is not just referring to licensed firearms owners; it is possible for an unlicensed individual, who happens to be intoxicated, to get their hands on a firearm that is not theirs. This is always possible, but in an establishment where alcohol is served, the chance of it happening is much greater. Additionally, the chance of violence breaking out is greater, and having firearms involved in this type of violence greatly increases the chance of death in that situation. Civilians are not allowed to bring firearms into locations where there is a high risk of this happening not only because they may themselves consume alcohol, but because there is always a risk of someone else getting their hands on the firearm, either because the firearms holder is distracted or simply because the intoxicated individual turns aggressive and overwhelms them. It is also much easier to regulate intoxicated possession of firearms by outright banning possession within establishments that serve alcohol, which increases safety.

There is a necessary exception to this for law enforcement for obvious reasons. We have to be able to do our job regardless of whether the establishment serves alcohol or not; there has to be someone to go to in a last resort, and that is law enforcement. Law enforcement is trusted with this because they take an oath and are under strict supervision from the government. Your agency is in the eyes of the government just a civilian organization. Your organization is essentially held to the same level of trust as any other civilian who is licensed to hold a firearm, because it is not subject to strict government oversight. You can make whatever internal policies you like, that doesn't stop your employees from breaking them, and for the reasons stated above, the rule in question is in place to make it all the more unlikely that a violation can occur. Your employees are not trusted as much as law enforcement officers because they are once again not subject to the same extensive supervision and training by an established structure as a police department.

That is as best as I can explain it. I will let you know what the Firearms Licensing Division says, but until then that is all I can say.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera

Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

lspdlogo

• @ApolloLyon,

The Firearms Licensing Division is currently evaluating the possibility of allowing individuals with a firearms license to carry weapons into venues serving alcohol. They are also looking into the idea of introducing a specialized firearms license, but don't expect anything in the immediate future. It is probable that specialized training would be a requirement, but this is currently not offered.

Should anything be introduced or changed regarding this, the public would be notified through a news release.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”