Special Press Release: 3 years With SADOC

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Randy Lee
ECRP Forum Name: Adam_Kippling

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

Special Press Release: 3 years With SADOC

Post by Randy Lee »

3 Years with DOC
Last October marked Warden Lafleur's 3 years with DOC, so we've decided to share her journey and achievements as she worked her way up to where she is now.

Kourtney first joined DOC on October 6, 2020, becoming a Correctional Trainee. Unfortunately, she was suspended within a day of being employed for taking a selfie with an injured inmate. She came back and worked her way up the ranks, even joining the Psych team. Kourtney proved herself in the Psych division that she could lead the team and was appointed Head of Psych. During her time as head, she created the handbooks and guides for Psych. She also joined the Human Resources team and recruited multiple employees, past and present. She did so well on her administrative duties that she was awarded the Administrative Award. All her hard work paid off and has not gone unnoticed. Kourtney received Employee of the Month in November 2020 and continued climbing the ranks, eventually joining the supervisory team on February 5, 2021. During her time on the supervisory team, she contributed to the department handbook and made many guides for all employees or for a division. She eventually joined the command team and a few months later joined the High Command team becoming an Assistant Warden and worked alongside then Warden Solomon Cobb. Kourtney helped form some divisions that we know and love today, some of them being the Felon Reformation Division and the Correctional Investigations Division. On January 14, 2022, Warden Solomon Cobb resigned, making Kourtney the Interim Warden of Bolingbroke Penitentiary. During her time as Interim Warden she proved to the Governors that she was capable of leading the department. On January 27, 2022, Kourtney Lafleur became the 5th Warden of Bolingbroke Penitentiary.
    Message from Ex-Warden Solomon Cobb
    Ex-Warden Solomon Cobb wrote:I remember her when she first joined the DOC as Kourtney Parrish with her (at the time) wife. On her first days, she got in trouble for posting a selfie next to a dying inmate in the cell block. She also annoyed almost every staff member to the point they were complaining to us to fire her. 3 years later and it's obvious I did not follow through with what people wanted, the DOC has always been about giving people chances and whilst that usually is for the inmates themselves, sometimes it is for staff. She turned everything around and became the hardworking woman you all know and love. And I hope that those initial few weeks working for the DOC are what shaped her, into the person who gives people second chances with the felon reformation division, and the CCO opportunities that are now within the DOC.
    So congrats on the 3 years Kourtney, here's to 30 more.
    Also, her Christmas cards are brilliant, ask her for one this year.
    Message from Governor Lewis Langley
    Governor Langley wrote: It has been a pleasure to work closely with Warden Lafleur over her three-year tenure as Warden of The San Andreas Department of Corrections. The passion I have seen her bring to her position is inspiring not only to myself, but to her entire department, which I can safely say has improved greatly thanks to her tireless efforts and leadership.

Throughout the years, it has been humbling to witness the changes and work that Warden Lafleur has brought to the Department of Corrections which have positively impacted inmates on various fronts such as more secure holding, enrichment programs, and reformation opportunities. The difference in the department since she started, and now is night and day and I attribute it to her fantastic team, and the leadership that she guides them with. Warden Lafleur has never been one to shy away from challenges and turns them into fantastic opportunities for her Department, such as taking the reins on the Parole System from The Los Santos Sheriff's Department.

Given Warden Lafleur's consistently exceptional service and proven track record, I have no doubt that her oversight as Warden will continue to take the Department of Corrections into even more impressive heights and I look forward to continuing to work with her.
    Message from Kourtney's direct supervisor
    Bogdan Beciri wrote:
    What is it like being Kourtney's direct supervisor?

Being Kourtney's direct supervisor was a huge surprise for me when I saw it on the roster and also a big opportunity, because not everyone can get this chance. I can say I am very proud of myself and very thankful to that person who gave me that role.

Have you issued any punishments to her?

luckily for her and unluckily for me I still didn't have the opportunity to issue any punishment to her. Either if I would have to issue the punishment it would be one of the hardest things to do because she is very good person.

How long have you been Kourtney's direct supervisor?

When I first came to DOC it was for about 2 months. And now when I returned it is already somewhere 2ish months.

Is there anything you'd like to say to her?:

Kourtney thank you for the opportunity that you gave me, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here where I am now, YOUR DIRECT SUPERVISOR! I would like to thank you probably in the name of all of the officers for being such a great person as you are such a great mentor for all of us, our big momma!! And from the bottom of my heart, I'm very thankful and proud of you on what you are doing for best D in the city, which is DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS!!

• Randy Lee
      Sergeant, Public Relations Command
      San Andreas Department of Corrections

Galileo Czapiewski
      Commander
      San Andreas Department of Corrections

Captain: Randy Lee
    Correctional Emergency Response Team | CERT Command [BRAVO-3]
    Public Relations | PR Command
    Bleeding Heart Recipient May, 5th, 2023
    Purple Heart Recipient April, 5th, 2023
    Exemplary Instructor Recipient October, 6th, 2023