[NEWSLETTER #21] SASG Updates - October

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
State Government
ECRP Forum Name:

[NEWSLETTER #21] SASG Updates - October

Post by State Government »

Introduction
We are excited to bring you the latest updates and insights on the initiatives, policies, and achievements of our government as we continue our commitment to serving and enriching the lives of our citizens. This newsletter serves as a bridge of communication, connecting you with the important work happening throughout our state and offering you a glimpse into the impact we are making at the San Andreas State Government.
New Employees
When employees join the San Andreas State Government, we ask them a crucial question: why did they choose to join the government? We then share their answers with the public to provide insight into the kind of impact these individuals wish to make on the future and development of our city. Here are quotes received from our new employees:
Sampson Jones, Property & Housing Bureau wrote:
Being in Los Santos for a long time has taught me a lot and given me many different career opportunities but being in Government was always an interest of mine. Recently with the expansion of Government and positions within opening up, I figured it would be a good time to really utilize my degrees in Law and Finance to achieve a higher calling. I put in an application to the Property and Housing Bureau as real estate was something I am very familiar with. I hope to bring lots of good change to the Bureau and provide quick, honest service. So here's to a new beginning and a new career!
Luficer Ares, Government Security Bureau wrote:
I have always been interested in security and service. To have a career in protection, a lot of trust is put on your shoulders by those you are protecting and thus It is mandatory to protect them to the best of your ability. I look forward to long lasting and impactful career with GSB
Recent Releases
PRESS RELEASE #63 - Business Licensing Bureau - Updated Charges List and Political License Change
09 October, 2023
San Andreas State Government

Introduction
Citizens of San Andreas,

The Business Licensing Bureau is pleased to announce further changes to the Background Check Policy, as well as updates to the FSBL:07 - Political Party business license. The San Andreas State Government is committed to continue improvement and streamlining of existing policies, and the adoption of new ones, in an effort to provide assessable services to the citizens of the state. It is through these changes, we believe we continue to head towards this goal and ensure the appropriately eligible individuals, can start their own licensed business without fear of undue encroachment.

Background Policy Updates

Citizen feedback is essential in shaping our policies and services, to ensure they accurately reflect the reality of life in our state. The San Andreas State Government received considerable feedback via different mediums, in relation to our recent review of the Business Licensing Bureau Background Check Policy, and it was found that we could make further changes to this policy whilst ensuring the original intent was safeguarded. The changes include removing menial charges from being considered, as well as adjusting the time period of disqualification that was attributed to certain charges.

The Business Licensing Bureau would like to thank everyone for all of the feedback that was received in response to our last press release. This feedback is an invaluable data source from which policy direction can change to better reflect the realities of our state. In making this decision of further refinement, the Business Licensing Team hope to keep up the established standard of adaptability, and transparency that is expected of the Bureau and the San Andreas State Government as a whole.

The full, adjusted, list of charges can be found below:
Permanent Disqualification
SF01 - Domestic Terrorism
6-Month Disqualifying Charges
Serious Felonies
SF02 - Murder
SF03 - Involuntary or Vehicular Manslaughter
SF04 - Kidnapping
SF05 - Torture
SF06 - Possessing Destructive Devices or Explosives
SF07 - Bank Robbery
SF08 - Human Trafficking
SF09 - False Imprisonment of a Hostage
General Felonies
GF23 - Grand Sales Tax Evasion
GF12 - Forgery or Counterfeiting
GF09 - Embezzlement
GF07 - Felony Fraud
GF05 - Extortion
3-Month Disqualifying Charges
General Felonies
GF01 - Child Endangerment
GF02 - Robbery
GF03 - Armed Robbery
GF04 - Sexual Assault
GF06 - Blackmail
GF08 - Illegal Gambling
GF10 - Grand Theft
GF11 - Grand Theft Auto
GF13 - Arson
GF14 - False Impersonation
GF15 - Burglary
GF16 - Tampering with Evidence
GF17 - Rape
GF18 - Racketeering
GF19 - Abuse or Desecration of Dead Human Body
GF20 - Possession of Human Body Tissue
GF21 - Prison Break
GF24 - Perjury
GF25 - Felony Contempt of Court
Aviation Felonies
AF01 - Reckless Operation of an Aircraft
AF02 - Committing a Crime Aboard an Aircraft in Flight
AF03 - Operating an Aircraft without an Active License
AF04 - Failure to Obey Intercepting Military or Law Enforcement Aircraft/ATC Orders
AF05 - Violating a Prohibited Airspace Order
AF06 - Transporting Dangerous Cargo
AF07 - Drunk, Impaired, or Distracted Flying
AF08 - Aircraft Piracy
AF09 - Destruction of an Aircraft or Aircraft Facilities
Drug Felonies
DF01 - Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent of Sales
DF02 - Sale of a Controlled Substance
DF03 - Sale of Drug Paraphernalia
DF04 - Trafficking a Controlled Substance
DF05 - Manufacturing a Controlled Substance
Weapon Felonies
WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon
WF02 - Shooting from a Vehicle (Drive-By)
WF03 - Possession of a Class 2 Firearm
WF04 - Possession of a Class 3 Firearm
WF05 - Possession of a Class 4 Firearm
WF06 - Unlicensed transfer of firearms, ammunition and body armor
WF07 - Firearms Trafficking
Vehicular Felonies
VF01 - Evading an Officer
VF02 - Felony Hit and Run
VF03 - Operating a Chop Shop
1-Month Disqualifying Charges
General Misdemeanors
GM02 - Battery
GM04 - Resisting Arrest
GM05 - Receiving Stolen Property
GM06 - Petty Theft
GM07 - Criminal Fraud
GM11 - Predatory Lending
GM13 - Criminal Threats
GM17 - Bribery
GM20 - Minor Sales Tax Evasion
Nuisance Misdemeanors
NM01 - Inciting a Riot
NM03 - Unlawful Assembly
NM04 - Stalking
NM06 - Trespassing
NM07 - Prostitution, Pimping or Pandering
Vehicular Misdemeanors
VM06 - Street Competition
Drug Misdemeanors
DM01 - Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Substance
DM02 - Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance
DM03 - Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance
DM05 - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
DM06 - Cultivation of a Controlled Substance
Weapon Misdemeanors
WM02 - Possession of a Class 1 Firearm
WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications
WM04 - Possession of Illegal Body Armor
WM05 - Possession of Body Armor as a Felon
Aviation Misdemeanors
AM02 - Operating an Unregistered Aircraft
AM07 - Operating an Aircraft in Controlled Airspace without Clearance
AM08 - Violating a Restricted Airspace Order or Temporary Flight Restriction
FSBL:07 - Political Party Amendment

The Business Licensing Bureau has made an amendment to FSBL:07, after receiving feedback from Representatives of the Law Review Committee, as well as undergoing an internal review of the license.

It was concluded that by making the license a one time fee then the appropriate admin costs can still be covered, whilst also making the license more financially approachable for individuals wishing to start a political party, and in turn, supporting our standard of democracy within the state.
FSBL:07 - Political Party

Any group of 2 or more who intend to act as a Political Party within the State of San Andreas must hold a Policy Party License.
This license is not required if you are acting as an independent candidate with no other staff.

Previous
  • License Fee:
    * There is a monthly license cost of $10,000 for this license.
Amended
  • License Fee:
    * There is a one-off cost of $15,000 for this license.

Herrman Wolff,
    Intern| Public Relations Bureau
    [email protected]

Marc Ericcson,
    Director | Business Licensing Bureau
    [email protected]
PRESS RELEASE #64 - Addressing Recent Acts of Violence Against Law Enforcement
24 October, 2023

• Citezens of San Andreas,

The safety and security of all citizens in the State of San Andreas is a value that is held at the heart of each of the Law enforcement and government departments in the state. Each day, hard-working employees of these departments work tirelessly to ensure this value is upheld, and it is through this work that we see the continued stability that allows us to improve our state.

The San Andreas State Government would like to extend its gratitude to the Los Santos Sheriffs Department, The Los Santos Police Department, and all other government entities for their essential work. It should be expressed even more so as due to recent spikes in violence, particularly gang violence, we have seen considerable pressure put onto individuals within these departments.

The San Andreas State Government denounces all individuals who strive to upset the lives of citizens in our state by targeting law enforcement officers. A direct attack on them, is a direct attack on the security of our state. Each member of our emergency services has the support of the San Andreas State Government in their efforts to improve our state and will continue to do so indefinitely against such groups.

Any violence against the state's law enforcement officers will not go unchecked and will be met with considerable and necessary force since in turn this violence is extended to our Medical, Judicial, and Correctional departments which have also been put under pressure due to these recent acts.

Governor Lewis Langley

Governor Jason Castillo

Governor Samuel Osborn
Halloween 2023

It seems that, as a state, we continue to out do ourselves every year with even better Halloween events and this year was no different. We saw every weekend towards the end of October, jam packed, with different activities. This year saw events for everyone, regardless if you are a die hard scare seekers, or someone who prefers to do the monster mash on the dance floor.

We saw Club Cix host fantastic Halloween nights where the city could move to a fantastic mix of Halloween favourites, and some expertly chosen tunes. Weazel News hosted various "spooky maze" nights that challenged groups of survivors to find various words and codes, all while being hunted by monsters and against a time limit. We saw fantastic sights at the Halloween fair that spanned two days with DJ Asbonomical hitting out with certified bangers, as individuals tried their own version of a spooky maze, with free food and drink for all.

For the second year running, the state saw the return of the state wide Trick or Treat event, this time organized by Premium Deluxe Motorsports. Individuals could group up or go it alone, in visiting spots across the state and taking part in activities put on by many of the state's companies, departments, and organisations. The night finished with everyone gathering at the city foundry, where DJ Quiet played out the crowd.

We have compiled a small section of shots from the various events below, for anyone who could not make it!
► Show Spoiler
Andreas Oconner & James Hawkes - Recognition Of Service
The San Andreas State Government bid farewell to two of its Directors over the past months. James Hawkes, who was the Director for the San Andreas Aviation Administration, and Andreas Oconnor who served as the Security Director for the Government Security Bureau. Both Hawkes and Oconnor were masters in their respective domains, and both contributed significantly to the betterment of the government as a whole.

Andreas Oconnor was employed as an Officer in the Los Santos Police Department, and brought with him a great deal of specialized knowledge from his part in the METRO division. The knowledge Oconnor had in multiple gun platforms, crowd control, and bomb disposal, all contributed massively to processes that he and other individuals would go on to define in the Government Security Bureau. Oconnor would eventually go on to take over from Skye Luna as the Director for the Government security Bureau and continued to push the department forward.

Over his year and a half tenure, Oconnor rationalized the existing structure of the Government Security Bureau and transformed it largely into what it is today. The efforts of Oconnor brought the bureau into the forefront, to set the standards on which it shall continue.
Chief Of Staff, Emily Whitehorse wrote: Andreas Occoner continued on the back of Skye Luna as the director of GSB and oversaw numerous changes in how the division operated during its time. Andreas alongside his Deputy Director Mark Bloomfield created numerous foundations for agents to explore, as well as better defining how progression through the ranks would occur. While it is fair to say a lot more can be done in GSB to elevate its staff to a higher tier, it is without question that without the work done by him and his team, GSB would be vastly underdeveloped. I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to Occoner for his work, and wish him nothing but the best in whatever he explores next.

James Hawkes, much like Andreas Oconnor, joined the San Andreas State Government with a background in Law Enforcement, having served in both the Los Santos Police Department and the Los Santos Sherrifs Department. In his nine-month tenure, Hawkes quickly attained the rank of San Andreas Aviation Administration Director thanks to his staunch work ethic and keen problem-solving abilities.

Hawkes passion for aviation helped fuel his pursuits to not only become a pilot but also help improve the aviation processes in the state. Hawkes refined the operations in the Air Support Division for the Los Santos Sheriffs Division, and set his eyes on improving aviation training and operation for the entire state. Under his watch as Director, the regulations for aviation and training went through an overhaul, leading to a more structured and approachable set of operations.

Chief Of Operations, Tyrone Cox wrote: It has been a pleasure to serve with James Hawkes, who has been a colleague that everyone can depend on whilst contributing massively to his bureau. The San Andreas Aviation Administration has benefited greatly from James Hawkes' service, his devoted dedication and countless hours invested have played a pivotal role in transforming the bureau to what we have today. I am truly thankful of Hawkes' commitment throughout his service and cannot overstate how much his efforts have contributed to the success of the San Andreas Administration. I have no doubt that Hawkes will continue to excel and anything he puts his mind to, and I wish him all the best in his next endeavours, whilst hoping our paths cross once again in the future.
Promotions
We are thrilled to share exciting news from the San Andreas State Government! Over the past month, we have witnessed numerous individuals within our organization receive well-deserved promotions. With each step, they assume increased responsibilities, enabling them to make a more significant impact on the City of Los Santos.

Internship
  • Sampson Jones, Property & Housing Bureau
  • Lucifer Ares, Government Security Bureau
Junior Agent ► Agent I
  • Shawn Jo, Government Security Bureau
Government Intern ► Government Official
  • Gordon Graves, SAAA
  • Sampson Jones, Property & Housing Bureau
Government Senior Official ► Lead Government Official
  • Chuck Maggiano, Property & Housing Bureau Bureau
Government Executive Official ► Government Deputy Director
  • Andy Tyrie, Property & Housing Bureau Bureau
  • Edward Bronson, Administration Bureau
Appointment of New Deputy Directors
The San Andreas State Government is proud to present the newest additions to its command team; Edward Bronson who takes on the position of Deputy Director for the Administration Bureau, and Andy Tyrie who has been appointed as the Deputy Director for the Law Review Committee, and the Property and Housing Bureau. Deputy Directors Tyrie and Bronson have been essential parts of their respective bureaus over the past months, and have both shown ingenuity, passion, and creativity in their approaches to improving their departments, and the Government as a whole.

Andy Tyrie initially joined the San Andreas State Government as an intern in the Law Review Committee, where he formalized a number of processes to help shape the bureau to what it is today. In addition to this, Deputy Director Tyrie took on work within the SAAA and Property and Housing Bureau, where he brought the same analytical work ethic.

Edward Bronson also initially joined the San Andreas State Government as an intern for the Law Review Committee before going onto to make his mark in the Administration Bureau. Deputy Director Bronson has been the driving force behind a number of internal hiring policy changes, and he hopes to see more materialise under his tenure of leading the bureau.
Deputy Director Andy Tyrie wrote:
I initially joined the San Andreas State Government as a intern for the Law Review Committee,
intending to maintain a low rank while continuing my service in the LSPD. My trajectory quickly evolved, and I made the decision to commit full-time to the Law Review Committee, ultimately bidding farewell to my tenure at the Los Santos Police Department. Over the course of my career at SASG, I've contributed to three different branches, although I am presently dedicated to just two. I briefly explored the realm of SAAA, offering my assistance with training initiatives, but I'm delighted to report that these responsibilities are now in the hands of highly competent individuals.

At this juncture, I am honoured to serve as a deputy director in both the Property and Housing Bureau and the Law Review Committee. My combined time and extensive experience in these roles have provided me with invaluable insights and a deep understanding of their operations, and I cannot wait to take these bureaus into new hights.
Deputy Director Edward Bronson wrote:
As much of an honor as it is to be appointed Deputy Director within the Administration Bureau, I think the biggest blessing to come from this journey has been working with such an incredible team. We have been very fortunate to accomplish some major goals for the Government, the State, and it's citizens with even more coming in the near future. I cannot recall another time where I've had this level of enthusiasm and optimism when it comes to seeing the changes and additions we have in the works. Just getting to walk this path in any capacity is a true gift in itself and I'm deeply grateful to be a part of it.
Closing Statement
The end of October marks the end of the spooky festivities but starts the countdown to the winter and the entertainment it brings. If it is anything like the events we saw across the state for Halloween, then it seems we are in store for a fantastic season. It has been great to see the state band together and host various events, whether it was in an event in recognition of Breast Cancer, a scary maze, or even a fantastic state wide trick or treat night. Times such as these show the sheer possibilities that can happen when we come together as a state, and it's a theme we hope to continue to bolster as a Government.

October saw us, as a department, continuing to strive to make many of our business licensing processes, more approachable for individuals and give them a better chance at starting their own business. Our bureaus continue to refine themselves internally in an effort to better our department as a whole. While we may have said fair well to some individuals in our department, it's brilliant to see others take on command positions such as Deputy Directors Tyrie and Bronson, who undoubtably will bring fresh ideas to the table.

Bringing the state together is a core value for the San Andreas State Government, and we hope to continue to work with our government departments and stand with them in times of turmoil so that, in turn, we can better the lives of all individuals in the state. Our community suggestion box is always open for citizens to have their suggestion heard and for them to help do their part in furthering our great state.
Contact Information
      Herrman Wolff
      Intern | Public Relations Bureau

Andrea Fallon, M.D., F.R.C.O.G., OB/GYN
        Interim Director | Public Relations Bureau
        Assistant To The Governor

Return to “SASG - Newsletters”