(( Defendant Discord: mrmarshmeloh))
Requested Attorney: N/A
Charging Department: Sheriff Department
Date & Time of Incident(s): 02/OCT/2023 18:38
Charge(s):
  • Failure to Comply, Resisting Arrest, Battery of a GOV Employee
Narrative:
Dear JB

Thank you in advanced for showing consideration in my court case. I will attempt to document the events in as much detail as I can and present it as clearly as possible.

Leading up to the arrest in question, there was a large police scene at Tinsel Towers which is a location I was waiting to visit. I decided to be responsible and wait OUTSIDE the police barricade and I was resting on the balcony above Tinsel towers, again well outside of any barricades and a significant distance away from any officers or barricades (At least 50ft away).

Some few minutes passed while I was waiting when I was approached by Harvey Sutherland from SD, badge number 21631. Harvey approached me with a gun in his hands and said "Danny Mason show me some ID". To which I informed him he just said my full name so why does he need my ID and why do I need to identify. He informed me that I was in a police scene and failure to comply would lead to an arrest. I told him that I'm well outside of the scene and posing no threat what so ever, I wasn't concealing my face, I had no weapons and I was simply resting well away from the scene. To which he (Still with a gun drawn) attempts to cuff me. He struggled to cuff me as he was holding a massive .50 in his hand while trying to cuff.

He took this struggle as me resisting to arrest and then decided to instead press his massive gun to the back of my head and order me to get to my knees, to which I obviously complied and was cuffed and arrested. When being uncuffed at Mission Row I let my anger get the better of me and attacked Harvey Sutherland as I was very frustrated to how I was being mis-treated.

After attacking Harvey Sutherland I was charged with the additional charge of Battery of a GOV employee, bringing my total charge time to 75 months. At this point, Harvey Sutherland should have transported me to DOC as 75 months in Mission Row is absurd, however he failed to take this action leaving me in a single cell for 75 months with no basic human needs granted, during my 75 months my skin formed boils and rashes due to the lack of vitamin D and basic hygiene. I was also left to starve for days on end as Mission Row has no catering services so the only food I got was scraps that people would come in with, I resorted to eating my finger nails for protein. I think my human rights have been breached and I feel like I have been deeply mis-treated by the law enforcement that swears to protect and serve. I was left to stare at the same walls for so long that I began to hallucinate and began seeing people that I'd thought were long dead

I, Danny Mason, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Danny Mason

Post by Hope Kant »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Danny Mason

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on 03/OCT/2023.

I, Hope Kant, Attorney General of the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
(909) 321-2132 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on the 4th day of October, 2023.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Chief Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 8th of January, 2024.

I, Shaun Harper, Chief Public Defender with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant, Danny Mason in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Chief Public Defender
Director of Training & Hiring
Notary Clerk
(909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Jimmy Hamilton
ECRP Forum Name: jaydizz

SAJB Awards

Post by Jimmy Hamilton »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 8th of January, 2024.

I, Jimmy Hamilton, a Junior Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant Danny Mason in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Co-Counsel, working with Chief Public Defender Shaun Harper, and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Junior Defense Attorney
(909) 240-2628 — [email protected]
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#24-CM-0008

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on 5th day of February, 2024.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Defendant is hereby activated by this Court under #24-CM-0008.

Both the State and Defendant have adequate representation in the case, as such, immediately following this notice, the Presiding Judge will be filing the Order for Discovery.

In accordance with guidelines set forth by the Supreme Court of San Andreas, this case shall require an in-person trial. Once all pretrial matters have been resolved, a Notice of Scheduling will be issued to arrange an appropriate time for trial.

Superior Judge Bret Hyland
[email protected]
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#24-CM-0008

A court order was entered in the above case on 5th Day of February, 2024.

The case of #24-CM-0008, State of San Andreas v. Danny Mason is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

[email protected]

Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Re: #24-CM-0008, State of San Andreas v. Danny Mason

Post by Hope Kant »

MOTION FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0008

A Motion for Discovery was filed in the above case on the 8th of February, 2024.

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Discovery, and presents the following as evidence;

• Exhibit #1: LSSD Arrest Report - Danny Mason 02/OCT/2023
    ARREST REPORT
    MUGSHOT
    SUSPECT 1 DETAILS

• Full Name: Danny Mason
      Telephone Number: 5041556
      Licenses Revoked: No
      Charges:
      • GM04 - Resisting Arrest
      • GM10 - Failure to Comply / Identify
      • GM02 - Battery of a Gov. employee

Additional Details (Suspect's vehicle, etc.) :

VEHICLES INVOLVED
    • Vehicle A:

DEPUTY DETAILS
    • Full Name: Harvey Sutherland
      Badge Number: 21631
      Callsign: 11-R-21

INCIDENT DETAILS
    • Date of Arrest: 2023-10-02
      Deputies Involved: Jamie Snow

Provide details of the incident leading up to the arrest
      • Suspect was trespassing on an active scene which involved an apartment raid and members of CSB shooting us. He was told to ID himself as he sat on the balcony above Tinsel Towers watching us. He refused to ID himself and then resisted arrest when I tried to put him in cuffs. He also attacked me at Mission Row cells.

EVIDENCE DETAILS
    • Exhibit A:

ARRESTING DEPUTY SIGNATURE

Exhibit #2: Deputy Harvey Sutherland's Witness Statement

Official Witness Statement
    "HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"
    Case Information
    • Case Number: [Case Number]
      Incident Date: [02/OCT/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Harvey Sutherland]
      Date of Birth: [22/JUL/1995]
      Phone Number: [2028499]
    Witness Statement
    • Hello,
      On OCT 2nd, PD called us and asked us for assistance to secure Tinsel Apts as they were conducting an apartment raid. The owner of the said apartment is a known gang member of CSB. Upon arriving with Sheriff Payne on scene, we saw multiple CSB/gang-affiliated vehicles circling the area - they were told to leave yet they surrounded us and shot us, injuring a few officers/deputies. As I was with Sheriff Payne, we patrolled the surrounding area and engaged with a few suspects who were actively shooting at us - Ultimately, AIR-1 called out the suspect, Danny Mason, who was standing on the balcony, literally watching all of our units. I ran to him with Sheriff Payne, and Sheriff Payne told me to ID him. I informed him that it was an active police scene and he was interfering with our scene management - he was also instructed to ID himself as I had every reason to do so. The suspect witnessed the shootout, he could clearly see 25 cruisers surrounding the area. I only ID'd him to make sure 1) He didn't change his name 2) to ensure he's not a member of the organization that was ambushing us. Also, I was told on TAC that he was instructed to leave several times but he kept lingering around the area. He was sitting on that balcony watching units. The one linked in the other response.

The suspect failed to comply with lawful demands after being told to ID himself multiple times, he was told it was an active police scene, and after he refused to comply, he was told that he would get arrested for failure to comply/identify. I believe I had reasonable suspicion and probable cause to ask him to present his license due to the nature of the situation at hand.

When I attempted to place him in cuffs, he physically resisted the arrest to which he was told to get down on his knees and to not resist the cuffs/arrest. He then complied afterward. I did not apply any unreasonable force when I attempted to place him in cuffs, even when he physically resisted the arrest/cuffs, I pointed my tazer at him and told him to get down on his knees, and then cuffed him with reasonable force.

Upon arrival to Mission Row, he was placed in his cell with jail time of 45 days. After starting his sentence, he decided to punch me repeatedly to which he was charged with Battery of a Gov. That's why I couldn't move him to DOC, because his time had already started. ((It would require admin staff to unjail him, and then prison him at DOC. Not a reliable method.))

In short, the suspect failed to ID himself during an active situation/police scene, resisted arrest when I tried to place him in cuffs, and attacked me at mission row when I was processing him.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Harvey Sutherland, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Harvey Sutherland
      [Title, if applicable]
      [Sheriff's Department]

Date: [5/OCT/2023]
    Exhibit #3: Deputy Harvey Sutherland's Bodycam Footage
    Exhibit #4: Balcony Photographs
    ((RP Proof))

Attorney General
[email protected]
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

• Honorable Judge Hyland and pertaining parties,

This is to serve as a polite notice to all. The Prosecution no longer requires anymore time for their discovery period. We are fine turning it over to that of the defense. We await any ruling or notice from the Judge.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

MOTION FOR INVOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

#24-CM-0008

A Motion for Involuntary Dismissal was filed in the above case on the 8th of February, 2024.

The Defendant, Danny Mason, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Involuntary Dismissal, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: No contact
    • Detailed Explanation: The Defense cannot reach the defendant. It seems he left the state.

Chief Public Defender
Director of Training & Hiring
Notary Clerk
(909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

• Honorable Judge Hyland and pertaining parties,

The Prosecution has no objection to the previous motion. We thank the courts for their time, and await any further instruction.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

COURT DECISION

State of San Andreas v. Defendant
#24-CM-0008

A decision was reached in the above case on the 8th day of February, 2024.

This case will be closed under the decision of Voluntary Dismissal, as per the request of the defense and approval of the prosecution.
Thank you for your time on this file.

[email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”