Post by Skye Taka »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Skye Takazono
    Phone Number: 4063462
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Agency: Lawyer License Number: #26440
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • As a newly licensed lawyer in Los Santos I would like to inquire on LSPD's Policies and Guidelines that they follow Specifically during arrests and processing of suspects. I appreciate your time and look forward to your response.
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request Department Policies [Independent Lawyer]

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Skye Takazono,

Could you clarify what the information is needed for in order to help identify what specific information you need? I cannot just send you the entire manual, there's a reason it's not public.

As a lawyer you should be able to find all information you need in the publically available codes of law of the State of San Andreas. Any information I can provide you is supplemental and I need to know specifics.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Image POLICE DETECTIVE I Isabella Havana Cavallera
Vice Detective, Major Crimes Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Skye Taka
ECRP Forum Name: SkyeT

Post by Skye Taka »

Detective Cavallera,

Thank you for your swift response and forgive me for being too vague of the policies that I requested.

Specifically I am inquiring about what officers need to justify arrests and convictions (E.g. can an officer just claim that a suspect committed an act and that is enough for a conviction?)

I am also inquiring about the department’s policies for the arrests and detention of suspects. (E.g. what can justify an officer the use of firearms/tasers during the arrest process and are body cams to be used during the apprehension of a suspect.

I do hope this will better clarify the information that I’m requesting.

Mahalo,

Skye Takazono
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Request Department Policies [Independent Lawyer]

Officers cannot simply claim that a suspect committed an act to secure a conviction, however, it is difficult to respond to this particular line of inquiry with a concise response. An officer witnessing an individual committing actions violating the San Andreas Penal Code may, by others, be perceived as an officer making a claim, when it is not a matter of a claim but one of fact through being a direct witness. In the same vein, an officer cannot make an arrest based on the testimony of a bystander and instead has to conduct an investigation.

Officers of the Los Santos Police Department are required to wear a body camera throughout their entire shift, meaning that they are also required to be worn throughout the apprehension of a suspect.

Beyond stating that resistive but non-assaultive and resistive and assaultive behavior justifies the application of less-lethal force, we cannot reasonably further delve into the use of force policy of the Department, as this is entirely dependent on the incident at hand. There are strict regulations imposed on officers in relation to the deployment and use of firearms, and the totality of the circumstances, meaning all facts known to or reasonably perceived by the officer at the time, including the conduct of the officer and subject leading up to the use of force, are considered when an officer withdraws their firearm, and when reviewing incidents in which an officer has withdrawn or used a firearm.

• Respectfully,
    Chief of Police Elena Blake
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores

“ʟᴀ ᴄɪᴜᴅᴀᴅ ᴅᴇ ʟᴏs sᴜᴇñᴏs ʀᴏᴛᴏs”
Skye Taka
ECRP Forum Name: SkyeT

Post by Skye Taka »

Chief Blake,

This was very insightful and I appreciate your detailed explanation of my inquiries. That is all the questions I have for the department at this time. Thank you for keeping a dialogue open with me. It shows good faith of being transparent and proving that LSPD is committed to upholding a fair justice system to the citizens of Los Santos.

Mahalo,

Skye Takazono
Rija Luigi
Civilian Employee
ECRP Forum Name: ShegoFrey

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

Post by Rija Luigi »

Archived.
ImageRETIRED POLICE LIEUTENANT I Rija Luigi