Summer 2023 Department Newsletter (NR035-23db)

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Summer 2023 Department Newsletter (NR035-23db)

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos Police Department
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

NR035-23db
August 1, 2023
Summer 2023 Newsletter

Los Santos: After the success of our first edition for the Spring of 2023, we're back with our quarterly newsletter for anything and everything connected to the Los Santos Police Department. It's been an interesting summer in the Los Santos Police Department with events, significant policy changes and a new overhaul of our Firearms Licensing Division having kept us busy.

We headed to the Docks and then to Cayo Perico with our sister department, the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, for our summer event. Hosted by LSPD Media Relations' own, Sergeant Rija Luigi, the event was one to be talked about for ages with new friendships and lasting bonds between our departments developed along the way.

There has been a big change with the Firearms Licensing Division in July, with a number of new weapons available in stores. The Firearms Licensing Division or FLD as they are commonly referred to, has seen it's biggest update since 2019, with reformations to how they handle ex-convicts wanting firearm licenses as well as how weapon licenses are given out and existing ones amended.

Index:

Sincerely,
Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala
Commanding Officer, Administrative Services Bureau

###

69 Sinner Street • Los Santos • San Andreas • 90013
Emergency Hotline: 911 • Public Inquiries • Email: [email protected]
"to protect and to serve"

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Spring 2023 Department Newsletter (NR035-23db)

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 2
Promotions and Reinstatements

The month of May saw the return of Police Captain Steve Smyth to the Los Santos Police Department. Captain Smyth, featured in our last edition as part of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, made the decision to reinstate to the department at the end of May 2023, where he resettled as part of the Vinewood Patrol Division Command Team.

A couple of days before this edition, Police Officer III Leo Larson filed for Reinstatement which was accepted on the 27th of July, 2023 after a brief period away from the Department. The Department is delighted to have him back in the saddle once again.

Additionally, Police Detective Samuel Martin graduated through the Supervisor Training Program, for the second time, rejoining the Supervisory Team as a Police Detective II. Speaking of the Detective Bureau, hard working Police Officer Coral LaFleur made the step-up to Police Detective I at the start of July.

On the subject of Detective Martin's advancement back into the Supervisor Team and his ascension to his new position in Gang and Narcotics, Commanding Officer of the Detective Bureau Lex Roth had this to say;
Deputy Chief Lex Roth wrote:Police Detective II Samuel Martin has been a member of the Gang and Narcotics Division since I remember him as a Detective. He has accomplished multiple milestones in his career regardless of the ups and downs that showed in his path. He has maintained professionalism and reached a position that not only benefits him and opens new roads, but the Department has acquired a new Supervisor it can rely upon.

I would like to congratulate him on his recent promotion to Police Detective II, not only that but also for his reassignment as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Gang and Narcotics Division. I am sure that Detective Martin will maintain his level of professionalism and will reach high in the Department because he deserves it, as proven by his work throughout the years.
Additional mentions for Sergeant Rija Luigi and Sergeant Thomas Pennyworth for their upgrade in the Supervisor Team and their hard work within the Administrative Services Bureau.

Cadets Lionel Taylor, Michael Blaise, Mitchell Phillips, Xavier Morningstar, Thomas Hardwell, Jackson Steel, Dutch Kon, Avery Joe, Cole Lawless, Brayton Williams, Nikita Reggal and Hukaz Zidane all managed to pass through the Field Training Program this summer.
-
###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 3
Featured Officers

As gang violence continues to escalate, particularly towards the Los Santos Police Department, our most dedicated officers are working tirelessly to control the hostility, working day and night against the dangerous behavior of gangs.

Today, we are featuring two officers from this division whose unwavering bravery and dedication not only place themselves in the first line of defense during the conflict with gang members, but with their work, they are risking their own safety to protect our city every day.

Sergeant Rija Luigi spoke to both of the officers to get a clear look into their division, the challenges they face, and how it affects them on a daily base.

Detective Coral Lafleur finds the people she interacts with to be the most challenging aspect of her job, but the rewarding part is when investigations result in the confiscation of firearms or narcotics and individuals end up being arrested. Her advice to people considering entering gang enforcement is to keep an open and positive mind and to leave work at the door at the end of the day.

Officer Snow worked as a gang and narcotics officer in the Los Santos Police Department. He finds the most challenging aspect of his job to be the disrespect and daily threats from criminals and larger gangs. However, he also finds the gratitude from some people and other officers to be the most rewarding part. He advises aspiring officers who want to specialize in gangs and narcotics to give it a go as it will help them grow as both an officer and a person.

Additionally, the Metropolitan Division is a highly trained and equipped team of officers trained in the use of heavy weaponry and complex tactics that enable them to effectively neutralize a range of threats. From house raids to active shooter situations, these brave men and women put themselves in harm's way to protect us all. Becoming a member of this elite force requires a long and difficult training process, ensuring only the most dedicated and skilled officers make it through. Thanks to their talents, we have the peace of mind that the utmost care is being taken to protect us in the Field.

Officer Andollini sees the most challenging aspect of his job as a SWAT officer as the high-pressure scenarios he needs to respond quickly to while minimizing casualties. He finds the most rewarding part of the job to be the experience of working with amazing teammates in difficult situations, where together they can save lives and succeed in their deployments. His advice for aspiring officers is to ask questions, take opportunities to learn more, and work hard on themselves to have a successful career.

Officer Keys sees his job as a SWAT officer as challenging but rewarding. He believes physical fitness and teamwork are the keys to success in the Metropolitan Division. He emphasizes communication amongst team members and keeping on top of training. He finds pride in the feeling of accomplishment working with a team and in helping the public feel safe.
-
###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 4
Follow Up: Illegal Parking

Illegal parking has been a growing issue in recent years across the city of Los Santos. It forces other users of the city's roads to navigate around parked cars, making the roads busier and more congested while also posing a significant risk to public safety. Encountering illegally parked vehicles obstructing the road ahead causes frustration for drivers, which in turn can be dangerous for pedestrians as they can easily lead to accidents and serious injury.

The State of San Andreas Penal Code wrote:A person commits the offense of Illegal Parking if the person parks or leaves standing a vehicle in a place where parking is prohibited, including:

In a space where parking meters are enforced, without paying for parking; at any place, a 'No Parking' sign is posted; wherever the curb is painted red or on a safety zone, where the roadway is painted with stripes; in any intersection or on a crosswalk or sidewalk, except on the curb itself; in front of/blocking a public or private road, driveway, or alley; on a freeway, except in an emergency; in a tunnel or on a bridge, except where permitted by signs; within 10 feet of a fire hydrant, fire station driveway, or railroad track; facing the wrong direction, against the flow of traffic;
At any other place where parking will obstruct the free flow of traffic.
When drivers park in restricted areas or block intersections, emergency response teams may be unable to reach their destinations quickly. This situation could potentially cost valuable time for people in need of medical assistance or rescue services. Furthermore, illegally parking your vehicle could also lead to a rise in crime rates in certain areas of the city. Cars parked in dimly lit or secluded areas may become targets for carjackers or thieves. These crimes can be difficult to prevent and solve when vehicles are parked illegally, especially in areas that are not frequently monitored by law enforcement.

To curb the citywide phenomenon of illegal parking, the city and the Los Santos Police Department have various tools at their disposal. While the state government is in charge of the penal code that defines the charge of Illegal Parking, it is also responsible for the placement of parking pay machines at various locations across the state, with multiple locations in Los Santos. Some of these locations include the Bank of Los Santos on Vinewood Boulevard, the Tequi-La-La nightclub on Eclipse Boulevard, and the parking lot by Legion Square.

A common misconception is that parking at these locations, as well as anywhere else in the city, is free. However, that is not the case. Failing to pay for parking can result in a parking fine being issued by the LSPD. The LSPD also has regulations in place that permit officers from towing and impounding vehicles that are parked illegally if they are deemed to be posing a significant risk to the traffic around them. This adds fees to the owner of the vehicle on top of any parking fines they may have also been issued, creating a burden for car owners. These expenses could easily be avoided by taking the time to park in designated spaces and pay for parking when and where required.

Illegal parking in the city presents a multitude of risks and consequences that cannot be ignored. The safety of public roads, the financial burden on car owners, and the inconvenience for city residents and visitors must be taken into account. Drivers must be aware of the dangers of illegal parking and respect the laws that are in place to maintain order and keep the public safe.
-
###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 5
Becoming a Police Officer: Officer Dutch Kon

On May 7, 2023, Police Officer I Dutch Kon graduated from Academy #238 and was promoted to Police Cadet, officially joining the LSPD. Since then, he has worked his way through the Field Training Program, passing the program and being promoted to Police Officer I on June 21, 2023. Through this process, Police Officer II Michael Blaise has followed his progress, conducting two separate interviews with him to track his feelings and experiences at different stages of his progression to Police Officer. The first interview was conducted while Officer Kon was a Police Cadet, and excerpts from it are presented below.

"What has been your general experience with the Field Training Program so far, being one of the to do it after it was reworked?"
Police Cadet Dutch Kon wrote:For the overall training program, it is new to everyone, including the people that are doing the training. The training has been fairly fast, informative, and overall very easy to understand to comprehend. Overall, I feel that I my success is being ensured through the program.

"What specific skills or knowledge have you gained during your time in the program that you believe
will be valuable in your future career as a Police Officer?"
Police Cadet Dutch Kon wrote:I have gained a large amount of knowledge throughout my training so far. The most useful skill I have learned so far is being able to simply talk to citizens and people in general, which in a position of responsibility, harder than it might sound especially if they are angry or upset. I have learned to keep my mind clear, stay calm and remained focused during any situation.

"Can you provide an example of a challenging situation you encountered during the program and how you handled it? What did you learn from that experience?"
Police Cadet Dutch Kon wrote:The most challenging situation throughout my entire training so far would be a situation we had at city parking. There were a VERY large amount of people there, and it was very hectic. The way I handled the situation was with what i was taught in my training. I stayed calm, collected everyone’s names, got efficient back-up, and handled the situation as the law intended and as my training taught me to.

"In what ways have you prepared to handle high-stress situations and make split-second decisions while on duty?"
Police Cadet Dutch Kon wrote:The program has showed me many ways to handle multiple different situations throughout my career so far. I have used my training to cool down very intense situations along with prepare myself before entering situations. I have followed my training as I have been taught very thoroughly. I have used my department manual knowledge to defuse multiple different situations and handle them as professionally and ethically as possible.

"As you progress through the program, what are your goals and aspirations as a future Police Officer in Los Santos?"
Police Cadet Dutch Kon wrote:My main goal as a Police Officer is to join the Metropolitan Division. I plan to use the skills that I have learned through my training to climb the ranks as efficiently as possible, until I am able to apply for METRO and make my home and family in the LSPD there.

The follow-up interview was conducted following Officer Kon's promotion to Police Officer I.

"Congratulations on your promotion to Police Officer I! How does it feel to have successfully completed the Field Training Program and advance in your law enforcement career?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:I am extremely grateful for the opportunity given to me. I could not be more proud of myself for having made it through the FTP because I know it is one of the hardest but most rewarding training
for a career I have ever had.

"Reflecting back on your time in the Field Training Program, what were some of the most significant lessons you learned that you believe will continue to benefit you as a Police Officer?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:I believe one of the most important things I learned during the field training program was to always trust your fellow officers. No matter what, if trust is not there in any way, it could jepordize the entire
department and what we stand for.

"Now that you have experienced both the training environment and the real-life challenges of policing, how do you perceive the similarities and differences between the two? Has anything surprised you?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:Due to my training being as thorough as possible and my brothers and sisters in law helping me as much as possible, nothing has suprised me yet, as I was training for every situation that could be put in front of me
while I am on duty. The similarities of being a Cadet to Police Officer 1 are not that much different. As a cadet, I did feel more protected, but with my training, I trust myself to handle all situations professionally no
matter as a cadet or higher.

"As a newly promoted Police Officer I, what are your main objectives or areas of focus for your upcoming duties?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:My main area of focus and main objective are the same. I plan to continue peforming my duties to the best of my abilities. Hoping one day being able to fufill my ultimate goal of being a Metro Officer for LSPD.

"Throughout your training, were there any particular areas or skills that you found challenging? How have you worked to improve upon those areas, and what progress have you made?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:One thing I did find challenging as a Cadet that I have overcome, is just deleting the stress from myself that could cause me to make a mistake or miss something during my patrol that could jeopardize myself or the
safety of the community as a whole. With practice, and help from my brother officer, I have learned to control my stress and focus on the situations more I have in front of me.

"Can you share a specific incident or situation during your field training that had a significant impact on you personally or professionally? How did you handle it, and what lessons did you take away from it?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:During my time as a cadet, I did run into someone during partrol that needed CRU (LSEMS Crisis Response Unit) and it did affect me a bit emotionally. I handled it as professionally as possible and stayed calm with the individual until the correct people came to help him. I took a lot away from this, due to me realizing that I am not just here to arrest criminals. I am here to help the community no matter what said issue is.

"As you transition into your role as a Police Officer I, how do you plan to contribute to building a positive and trusting relationship between the police department and the community?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:I plan to be are fair as possible, following all protocol and law during every one of my patrols. I plan to treat the community as respectful and open-minded as possible, while being a positive role model and police officer.

"Looking ahead, what are your long-term goals within the Los Santos Police Department, have they changed, and how do you plan to continue your professional development as a law enforcement officer?"
Police Officer I Dutch Kon wrote:I plan to work hard everyday, helping everyone in the community and all officers along the way. I have one long-term goal so far, and it is to become a part of METRO, to be further trained to continue to provide help and
safety to our community as a whole.

###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 6
A View From a Chief

Deputy Chief Roth expresses his gratitude for being chosen to share his experiences and acknowledges the numerous changes that have occurred in the Department over the years. He highlights two significant changes, the closure of the Rockford Precinct and the integration of the Detective Bureau into the Precincts, which particularly affected his Bureau. Deputy Chief Roth mentions the loss of the unique callsign for the Detective Bureau and its subsequent reinstatement.

Chief Roth values the close-knit relationships within the Department, considering his colleagues as a family. He acknowledges the loss of good detectives over the years but emphasizes that life goes on. He holds his current team in high regard, considering them one of the most professional and prestigious in the Department. He emphasizes the need for respect among ranks and does not tolerate insubordination or rudeness.

Roth praises the professionalism of the Department's staff team, viewing them as the best in their respective fields. He appreciates their consistent professionalism regardless of the topic or urgency. He considers the staff team as friends due to their shared experiences over the years.

Regarding the Department as a whole, Chief Roth believes it couldn't be better. He commends each officer as a professional who knows their job well.
-
###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 7
Divisional Changes

The Los Santos Police Department is always working to enhance the quality of its officers and adjust to the changing landscape of the city it serves. We are happy to announce a number of changes that will improve our operations and better serve the public across a number of our divisions.

Recruitment and Employment Division
Police Captain Jason Steel wrote:Recruitment of viable candidates is not just a desire but a requirement for the Los Santos Police Department; as other officers retire for various reasons, we need to be able to replace them without a drop in quality. Behind that effort stand many officers from different backgrounds, and as the Commanding Officer, it is my responsibility to make their jobs as easy as possible without sacrificing quality.

Towards that goal, I have personally participated in most activities performed by officers under the Recruitment and Employment division and observed first-hand which regulations were perhaps past their due date, and I set out to cut the excess and modernize. A good number of changes were made to the initial application and interview stage, and even more changes are planned for the academy.

Becoming a Police Officer is a challenging journey, however, I wish to avoid needless friction and help on-board prospective officers as efficiently as possible, and that will continue to be the mandate under my leadership.
Training Division
Police Captain Steve Smyth wrote:Since taking over the Training Division upon my return to the department, we're looking to overhaul how the department views internal department wide training sessions. First major change in this area this month will be the introduction of Time Trial Thursdays, which will hopefully help boost morale and improve officer driving efficiency over time. It's about changing the stigma of the division and how it's viewed, which will be a slow process, but I look forward to seeing training being better received in the near future.
###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 8
Where Are They Now?

For this section, we contacted former employees of the Department to see how they are getting on away from the Department.

Alex Schill, who transferred to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department decided to check in.

Alex Schill joined us as part of Academy #198, on the 1st of July 2021. He started out his career by serving in the now defunct Rockford Hills Patrol Division, before moving to Mission Row upon the dissolution of Rockford Hills. There he flourished, becoming a Patrol Supervisor in March of 2022.

On the 14th of November 2022, he made the switch to the Vespucci Patrol Division as the Assistant Commanding Officer and in January of this year, was promoted to Police Lieutenant I, where he remained until he filed for resignation to transfer at the end of May 2023.

We asked Alex how things were going for him up north and he had this to say;
Lieutenant Alex Schill wrote:I am thoroughly enjoying my time and my decision to move up north. Not only is the living style a bit more laid back, but working as a Lieutenant for the LSSD is precisely the change of pace I was looking for. While I can see it is not for everyone and vice-versa, county policing is much more widespread and requires patience and pacing, given the distances involved. The city's roads and layout felt more predictable, with the area patrolled seemingly smaller yet busier. With so much ground to cover now varied terrain of highways and mountains, the timing requires changing thinking and management, giving new challenges and a different style of policing and responses to calls.
Having only recently departed from the LSPD, we wanted to know what Schill's favourite part of the job was;
Lieutenant Alex Schill wrote:My favorite thing in the LSPD, and still in the LSSD, is community policing and outreach. The bonds between the community and law enforcement are vital ones. I believe in a strong sense of community outreach mixed with accountability for all. Experience in Media Relations, Legal Affairs, and Internal Affairs in both Departments was and still is, enjoyable and some of my favorite tasks.
Transfers can be difficult on a personal level, as you have to work with an entirely new group of people but we wanted to find out from Alex, who he missed most from the LSPD;
Lieutenant Alex Schill wrote:I miss those I used to patrol with on shift, such as Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez, Commander Elizabeth Sanchez, and Captains Jessica and Jaxon Nash, to name a few. I learned a lot from these officers as I progressed in my career. While I am thrilled now with the friends and camaraderie I have developed with those in the Los Santos Sheriff's Department, I will miss regularly being with those role models (of course, they know transfers to LSSD are currently open hint hint).
Finally, we wanted to round it off by asking Lieutenant Schill. Should he stranded on a desert island and could pick an employee to keep him company on said island, who would he pick and why?
Lieutenant Alex Schill wrote:If I'm stuck on a deserted island, I would have to take Retired Captain Torsten Church with me and keep him there until he agrees to submit his reinstatement. Church showed me a lot in my first months as an officer and was a true mentor to all. So many have missed his skillset, so I would have to keep him deserted with me, ignoring any rescue until he agrees to file reinstatement...and come to the Sheriff's Department.

###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 9
Thank You: Police Commissioner Alex Donnelly

There are certain moments in a person's lifetime where they will remember exactly where they were and exactly what they were doing at the time, down to the most minor and insignificant details. Moments like when man first walked on the moon or when John F. Kennedy was assassinated or when the Berlin Wall came down, signalling the fall of the Soviet Union. The Los Santos Police Department and the entire Law Enforcement community was similarly shocked this summer by the news that Chief of Police Alex Donnelly was moving on from his position as the LSPD's Chief of Police and assuming a new role within the department, as the Police Commissioner.

This news has been released to the public already, along with a fantastic summary of Commissioner Donnelly's career by the San Andreas State Government as well as a release from the LSPD Media Relations on who will be stepping up to take his place.

That said, we spoke to some of the Department's employees who knew Commissioner Donnelly when he was a Commander, Deputy Chief and Assistant Chief before his promotion to Chief of Police to try and understand a little more, his contribution and impact to the department.

We first asked, how would you sum up Commissioner Donnelly's time as the Chief of Police?
Police Commander Victor Einhart wrote:Overall Chief Donnelly's tenure as Chief of Police has mostly gone unnoticed by most officers in the department, signalling his ability to clearly steer the organization with minimal disruption to low-ranking personnel. In my mind, he has been able to navigate the various high-level issues in the department with care, such that most officers didn't even realize an issue existed at all. While I have disagreed with some decisions, I have developed a great deal of respect for his leadership over the years.
Assistant Chief Phillipe Sanchez wrote:Commissioner Donnelly’s time as the Chief of Police was a time of development and modernisation for the department and law enforcement within the state. Long gone were the old ways to working from the dawn of the department and focus of efforts was made on the development of all LEO careers.
Commissioner Donnelly’s key focus was to ensure all members of the department were doing their role to the highest standard possible and to ensure collaborative ways of working with other government agencies were explored. Under his direct leadership, the department has seen record breaking employment figures which speaks volumes for the environment he melded.
Police Captain Steve Smyth wrote:I've only ever experienced two Chiefs in my time, but the department has went through some very significant and complex changes and re-structuring during Donnelly's tenure, and I think the fact that it wasn't a complete shambles was probably testament to his leadership and how he managed the team around him.
Police Detective Isabella Cavallera wrote:Donnelly's chiefdom has been a time of stability. So many have come and gone during his long tenure but with Donnelly and Blake at the helm, it has felt like a very stable and continuous department, with an unwavering focus.
Deputy Chief Scott Dunbar wrote:Long, but on a more serious note, I think Commissioner Donnelly's tenure as Chief of Police was one of great change and improvement within the department. Commissioner Donnelly took over the department not long after the establishment of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Donnelly took this challenge in strides and shaped the department into what it is today.
Police Captain Jaxon Nash wrote:I would sum up Commissioner Donnelly's time as Chief as fruitful. A lot of policies were changed for the better. The department continued to evolve as time went on bringing in new equipment, new renovations to Mission Row, the addition to new divisions.
Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala wrote:I think first and foremost, you have to consider it a resounding success. When I joined up in 2019, the Department got the job done but it was quite simplistic, which can be a good and a bad thing. I think though, particularly in 2020, professionalism was definitely one of the things that was immediately impacted. Chief Donnelly took the job quite seriously and in Assistant Chief Blake, he had the perfect foil. That first year, a lot in the department changed and it's quite telling that we're only just now at a point where we are looking to freshen things up, some three years later but even then, the nucleus of what Alex has instilled in the department is still very much there. I think that ultimately, in the final few months, a reset was perhaps the best decision for all parties but there is certainly a comfort knowing that he's still going to be somewhat involved in the overall direction of the Department, even if not the day to day. We bumped heads, a lot, sometimes I felt he was unreasonable and difficult to work for but the universal theme I've had from him the entire time he's been the Chief of Police is that he has a certain standard he demands, not just from others but from himself as well. For that, I have the upmost respect for the job he's done and in a number of ways, he's helped me be a better Police Officer, even if I didn't know it at the time.
Police Detective Cyrus Carver wrote:To sum Donnellys time up, I'd have a single word. Legendary. When you think of the Los Santos Police Department you just instantly think of Alex Donnelly. He put in effort to talk to anyone, no matter high or low in the ladder you were. If you needed anything he was an open ear and you actually felt like you mattered.

We followed that up, with asking, what do we feel his biggest achievement has been in the Police Department?
Police Commander Victor Einhart wrote:The biggest single achievement Chief Donnelly made was creating a solid leadership team. The current roster of leadership personnel is largely able to run the department without his input - a clear and resounding success for the department. A top-ranking leader cannot take on every task alone, and being able to have solid staff to delegate and run aspects of the department with minimal fuss can be a very difficult undertaking.
Assistant Chief Phillipe Sanchez wrote:I believe Commissioner Donnelly’s biggest achievement within the LSPD has been his ability to change the mentalities of all who have worked with him to view the Los Santos Police Department as more than just a job, and see it as a valuable career and family.
Police Captain Steve Smyth wrote:I'm not sure I can answer that on his behalf, but I'd imagine he'd feel that there's a much more structured and uniform approach to everything that the department does, compared to how it was when he took over.
Police Detective Isabella Cavallera wrote:I think that Donnelly's greatest personal achievement has probably been to attain the rank of Chief, but for the Department I would say it is the consistently high standards and smooth operation that the Department has seen during his tenure. I also appreciate his efforts to stand by his officers' side, and not acting like he is above them.
Deputy Chief Scott Dunbar wrote:I think his biggest achievement within the LSPD was his ability to establish a strong and stable command team. Before his appointment, there had been issues with key personnel living off their previous contributions. Donnelly made the difficult decisions and ensured that those serving in the most vital positions within the department were contributing adequately, something his predecessors had failed to do.
Police Captain Jaxon Nash wrote:I believe the biggest achievement within PD is the achievement he just reached. Becoming the newest Commissioner.
Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala wrote:The first thing that springs to mind when thinking about his biggest achievements and words like legacy, is structure. He set about, that first year, establishing a structure with people he felt shared his ideals of running a Police Department. Most of those individuals are still in those positions of responsibility today but speaking as someone who wasn't in that original roster, he created an environment where you wanted to challenge yourself to aspire to be a part of. You were held to account and I have been, on a number of occasions but accountability leads to better performance. He took a functional but slightly disorganised department and turned it into a machine, especially in those first couple years.
Police Detective Cyrus Carver wrote:His tenure. One of the longest serving members of the LSPD. If not, /THE/ longest serving member of the department. Another high praise achievement is his ability to hold the keys of power by making sure everyone is happy and I think thats very important in a leader. Making sure that everyone is happy.

Finally, we finished up by asking if those contacted had any words of encouragement they'd like to give Commissioner Donnelly in his new role?
Police Commander Victor Einhart wrote:I'm looking forward to Commissioner Donnelly's input into government functions. His perspective from the Los Santos Police Department I think will bring valuable insight and urgency when it comes to the Department's interactions with the State Government.
Assistant Chief Phillipe Sanchez wrote:You will do amazingly I have no doubt. The role is now for all of us so it will take some time to see what it entails and how it exactly works, but nonetheless I could not think of a better man for the job. Just don’t be like that one guy we used to have to endure!
Police Captain Steve Smyth wrote:Good luck in this new area of the non Government Commissioner role, I'm sure you'll excell in it in equal measures!
Police Detective Isabella Cavallera wrote:I have great faith in Donnelly's ability to represent the Department as a Commissioner. Based on my experience of him as a Chief I expect that he will be well qualified to execute his new duties, and will, from that position, be able to help the Department in executing its duties to serve the people.
Deputy Chief Scott Dunbar wrote:Honestly, words of encouragement are not my strong suit, I believe the Commissioner knows what he is doing, and I have no question that he will perform his new duties admirably.
Police Captain Jaxon Nash wrote:Some words of encouragement come straight from the redneck god Joe Dirt himself, "Keep on keeping on" and "life's a garden, just dig it"
Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala wrote:I think that if Commissioner Donnelly puts half of what he does into this new role as he did the last one, nothing but good things will come from it. Experience is an hard-earned currency but you can buy a lot with it. I'm not exactly sure on the role the Commissioner will take but I think whatever it is that he is going to be doing, he'll bring an unwavering professionalism and a dry wit to it. I look forward to seeing what is next for him in this exciting new chapter.
Police Detective Cyrus Carver wrote:I wish him the best and I hope he knows that just because he's not my chief anymore does not mean I am going to stop bothering him all day every day. I also hope he knows how much the department will miss him.

Finally, I think regardless of who Commissioner Donnelly has been to us through his years of service, it's a testament to his hard work and dedication that the department is at the level it is today. We talk in the Academy about pride in the uniform and to be frank, I've been proud to serve in Commissioner Donnelly's Police Department and I know there are many that share the uniform that feel the same.

###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 10
Department in Focus

For this section of the newsletter, we sent our official LSPD photographer Police Officer III Grace Steel out on patrol with our various divisions and units to capture the essence of the important work we do in both law enforcement and the community.

Thank you to the Los Santos Police Department Photographer Police Officer Grace Steel for capturing these beautiful shots of our brave men and women.

###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 11

Wordsearch

1. ARREST 2. CUFFS 3. EVIDENCE 4. HANDS
5. MISSIONROW 6. PURSUIT 7. SWAT 8. BADGENUMBER
9. CUFF 10. DETECTIVE 11. FACECONCEALMENT
12. METRO 13. SANCHEZ 14. TAZER 15. NASH
16. TRAFFIC 17. SUSPECT 18. MIRANDIZE 19. POLICE
20. DONNELLY 21. GUN

Paint by numbers
Paint it, send it in **HERE** for a chance to win 250k!

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

Page 12
Credits

Article Contributions
  • Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala
  • Police Sergeant II Rija Luigi
  • Police Sergeant II Thomas Pennyworth
  • Police Officer III Michael Blaise
Photography
  • Police Officer Grace Steel
Additional Revisions
  • Chief of Police Elena Blake

As the Commanding Officer of the Media Relations Division, I would like to thank Sergeant Luigi for the excellent work she has done in getting this newsletter put together. Sergeant Luigi was appointed Assistant Commanding Officer of the division in June, shortly before I went on an extended leave of absence. In spite of the short notice, Sergeant Luigi stepped up to the plate and has done an excellent job coordinating the drafting of this newsletter.

I would also like to thank Deputy Chief Bala for once again assisting us greatly with the newsletter in my absence. It is thanks to Chief Bala, Sergeant Luigi, and the excellent team of the Media Relations Division that this newsletter is on its feet this quarter.

Isabella Cavallera
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
###

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION

Return to “Newsroom”